PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Lag problems

Phantom44357
Feb 5, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't know what's been going on but for the past 4 days, every single time i sign into psu i can walk around and check my shop and do my daily tasks but the first game i join, regardless of time of day or universe i'm in, turns into a gigantic lagfest which lasts about a minute before i get booted off the server. It's not a regular disconnect either which is what caught my eye. It actually says that the psu server may be undergoing maintenance and i should check the official website for more information. Now i know it's not under maintenance because i'm the only one that gets canned when i play with my friends, and there's always people on when i sign on. I have no idea what to do as this has happened the last 5 times i went on to play, but only started recently a few days ago. I just want to know if anyone else has had similar problems because i'm basically stuck waiting for the system update to see if that makes any difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-02-07 12:44 ]</font>

Marche
Feb 5, 2008, 07:16 PM
what do you play on?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2008, 07:21 PM
360, obviously.

darthplagis
Feb 6, 2008, 08:54 AM
clear the xbox cache memory when u start the game up (hold down on the d-pad not the analog and A till title screen appears) it seems to fix most client based xbox lag

Phantom44357
Feb 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
Well just to update anyone that cares, i cleared the cache on my box, but to no avail. less than 10 minutes into a mission i get the monster lag and the boot. I've been playing this game since day one and this just started a week ago, and it's really pissing me off. I feel so feeble having to sit back and just pray that it's on sega's end and not mine.

and in case it wasn't clear in my first post, the actual disconnect message i keep getting is :

"You have been disconnected from the phantasy star universe server.
The server may be undergoing maintenance at this time
Please check the official website for more information."

please someone tell me i'm not crazy and this is happening to other people elsewhere. I can live with it being sega's problem, but if it's me...i'm screwed since there's nothing left for me to do.

Randomness
Feb 6, 2008, 07:29 PM
If the mission has robots, they cause a memory leak issue...

D1ABOLIK
Feb 7, 2008, 12:11 AM
This happened to me but your not gonna like the end result. PSU always ran fine for over a year (except robots of course). Than i got the same exact thing you were getting for about 10 days straight. Than it would just outright freeze every mission. I could walk around and do all lobby activities fine. The second i started a mission, it would freeze. After 2 days of that, RROD. Hopefully you will not have this. But i gotta say something cause it is the exact way mine started. Good luck.

Phantom44357
Feb 7, 2008, 12:31 AM
well i can't say that's the ideal situation, but right now i have no course of action. If i were to get the rings of death at least i'd know that when i got my box back this issue has the chance of being fixed. idk, i guess i'm stuck waiting for the day the box blows up. I don't want to be forced to move onto a new game, especially with all the promising future updates.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 7, 2008, 12:48 AM
When it was doing this with PSU all other games ran perfectly fine. I could play Halo 3 for hours just fine, but one second into one mission on PSU and instant freeze. Than RROD (while playing PSU). When i got my box back from repair. PSU ran fine again.

-Crokar-
Feb 7, 2008, 01:00 AM
last night my picture got all wacked out and today BAM red ring of death.

Yunfa
Feb 7, 2008, 02:28 AM
Are you guys using regular 360s? Havent heard any problems regarding to using 360 Elites.

Lineek
Feb 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
well when running around you cause hardly any net traffic at all, howe3ver when you start a mission then net traffic rockets due to the consistent update on player location and the damage done etc being updated. do you have anything else at all connected to the net wile you are playing?

D1ABOLIK
Feb 7, 2008, 03:29 PM
On 2008-02-07 05:41, Lineek wrote:
well when running around you cause hardly any net traffic at all, howe3ver when you start a mission then net traffic rockets due to the consistent update on player location and the damage done etc being updated. do you have anything else at all connected to the net wile you are playing?

It would do it offline also. Once it started freezing it would show the frozen image of PSU, with a checkered pattern over it. Is that how yours happened Crokar?? Mine was on original 360. But now i got an Elite. Games run fine except i cant play downloads offline. Stupid MS DRM policies.

Phantom44357
Feb 7, 2008, 06:02 PM
I've gotten the checkered box problem on previous RROD's. Once you get the mashed screen, it's a given you're on your way to brickville. I play on a regular 360 presently, for the person that asked. And as far as i know, the disconnect thing is still going on when i went on last night i got the boot.

shotsfired
Feb 7, 2008, 06:12 PM
I made a topic for this around a week ago. I had the same problem. i dont know why, but lately, it hasn't happened. I just stopped playing for an hour a so, and it worked fine, but i also think that the cache clearing thing helps too

darthplagis
Feb 7, 2008, 11:45 PM
my friend has been getting the maintenance msg too. he said DC from XBL and reconnect then start up PSU it usually goes away. BUT it sounds like thats just part of the problem, he also had the trouble with sudden slowdown and flash DC issues until one day during a sakura blast run he got the RROD for the 3rd time. he couldnt do anything and it was sent back to MS......... AGAIN.

sry to be a bearer of RROD prophecies but it also happened to me just as the xmas events started....... i bought an arcade system while XB was at MS service center.

but to ANYONE on 360 clear the cache EVERY TIME you play, it speeds the game up sooooo much

syncmaster712
Feb 7, 2008, 11:59 PM
hey dont worry about it man my friend got it recently 1 hr ago, with the exact same message as he told me in a chat invite (im on 360) ive been lagging during missions but i never got dc and it will probably clear up soon

Starrz
Feb 8, 2008, 02:33 AM
ITT People who don't know the difference between lag and slowdown.

OP is talking about lag

My thoughts? It's probably your ISP.

Phantom44357
Feb 12, 2008, 11:57 PM
My internet connection is perfect on every other game i play over live. I play call of duty regularly, as well as go on the internet on my laptop using the same cable. So it's not my ISP. I recently bought a new ethernet cord because the one i was using was like 4 years old and i figured it needed to be replaced anyway. I then found myself a new copy of psu for about 15 bucks on amazon because the one i was using had a few scratches around the outer ring, and i'd been getting DDE's a lot more frequently. So that being said, with a brand spanking new ethernet cord, brand new psu disc, and an ISP that works perfectly for every other game on live as well as my PC, i turned on my xbox, cleared the cache just for good measure, and started psu up for the first time with an optimistic outlook, only to be disappointed by the lag spike i received 2 minutes into my first mission. So i'm out of options ladies and gentleman. Psu has decided 2 weeks ago that it was just going to stop working after a year and some weeks of perfect lag free play. I feel like i'm going to be stuck here in random disconnect limbo forever.

EngelBlut
Feb 12, 2008, 11:59 PM
dont worry about the lag.. i dont.. i only lag out when my moher uses her laptop in her room where the router is..