PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Little advice for a newcomer..

Dizqard
Feb 5, 2008, 10:21 PM
I've been a huge fan of this site since PSO, and finally decided to make an account, since I wanna start PSU.

On to the question, though. I played PSU very briefly on the PS2, because a friend was away for a weekend. Now, since it's out for 360, I wanna get into full time. I bought it online and it'll be here within a week, but I have a few questions.

1-I am a fan of teching, but protranser looks really
appealing. Would it be hard for a newbie like me to
use one?

2-I don't quite get the special type unlocking...does
it mean gain that many levels as that type, or
actually LEVEL that type?

3-Are there any special things that aren't apparent
at the beginning, like special tricks or anything?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions!

chaostroop3
Feb 5, 2008, 10:25 PM
imade a char a fortetecher (baicly pure mage) the 1st day i made her so it isent hard really

it means level that class up . after each missonyou get misson points with go towrd that class

just party with a frind i geuss

JarinKail
Feb 5, 2008, 11:26 PM
Protransers are extremely underpowered until higher levels. You'd have a rough go of it.

Minamo
Feb 5, 2008, 11:41 PM
The real power of a protranser is the ex traps. You will find it very useful in the mission. (Money really can solve problems......)

I had been a fortetecher when it was available. I think that you have to spend really a lot of time for training every techniques. Just don't give up and you will enjoy the power of technique afterwards.

-----

I recommend a newman FT / a cast PT

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 6, 2008, 03:18 AM
Well, it doesn't look like the Xbox 360 is going to get any updates for weeks or months, so I'm sure you'll love getting to level 120 in a week. After that you can level your techs and max every job on one character. Oooohhhhh boy.

mvffin
Feb 6, 2008, 04:14 AM
low level protransers don't seem so low when you have 30 ex traps on you. i'd recommend that for your SECOND character. Techers are probably harder to be effective with for a new player. Melee characters are easiest to deal damage with, but IMO...

easiest character to start with is a gunner type. you only have to buy each weapon ONCE, you can kill things from a distance, and your PM will be cheap and easy to level.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 04:25 AM
On 2008-02-06 00:18, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Well, it doesn't look like the Xbox 360 is going to get any updates for weeks or months, so I'm sure you'll love getting to level 120 in a week. After that you can level your techs and max every job on one character. Oooohhhhh boy.

it hasn't even been a single week and your already saying for months? >.>

Christmas
Feb 6, 2008, 08:14 AM
So far, it's been a bad week. Some people are a bit, discouraged.

Itchee
Feb 6, 2008, 08:29 AM
Because they:

A) Have nothing else better to do than get bent outta shape over PSU or
B) Lack patience.

Chaos320
Feb 6, 2008, 09:46 AM
Hey, i like being out of shape ^_^

Anyways to answer your questions one by one (im bored in school your lucky)

1) Being a protranser is a very effective class once it is lvled up, when you start off your will take a very huge HP cut and will be extreamly week, this is why most starting off protransers use the ranged weapons/ traps at first (bows) but on the other hand, i have just recently made a techer and let me tell you its one fun class, its fun having a hugh selection of spells to have fun with and being one of the more powerful class's

2) Your "special type unlocking" is not as hard as it sounds. For expample if you pick a force, you have to lvl your force to 10 before you can become a foretecher. In order to lvl these class's up you must complete missions. Upon completing missions you get Mission Points that are used to JUST lvl up your class, not your char. Killing every monster in the map will grant you an S rank, which in term is more mission points. But miss a room you might end up with an A rank, less mission points. Your class you want to be required a job to be at a certain lvl, for example to be an arcotecher (a different kind of techer) you need to have your Force lvl at 8 and your ranger lvl at 5 (i think dont take me for granet on that one)

3) The only thing i can think of that would not be at the beggining of the game is special spells/melee moved that are unlocked by getting PA fragments, and the only way to accqure these fragments is to do S runs (missions that requeire you to be a higher lvl than a C run) Getting an S rank on a S run will grant you 1 PA fragment, and you can go get special spells by trading in these PA fragments for them (spells are usually 50+)

Your welcome to join me on the 360 servers (Gamer Tag is Chaos320) as long as your not a douch, lol

*Warning, there are prob. mult. spelling errors and i just sounded like the biggest nerd ever, but thats ok, because class is over now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Totori
Feb 6, 2008, 09:59 AM
well if u dont really get the battle system that much you should be a class with a lot of hp to have like me ive played every sence PSU came out an been a fortetecher you will just have to watch your hp and a protranser has some bad stats

DEM_CIG
Feb 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
Dont die 2 much....

gryphonvii
Feb 6, 2008, 10:46 AM
go ahead and be protranser if you want, getting to be able to be protranser will be your training, for 5 class levels you will be a hunter, for 5levels you will be a ranger, and for 5 levels you will be a force in order to become a protranser, along the way you might find you like being one particular class, good luck either way.

TepidT
Feb 6, 2008, 11:15 AM
if i was you i would play as another class then switch to protranser at a higher level. You would find it much easy to level and u could play as a fortfighter and lvl the striking photon arts that pros can use. I have one as my third character there lots of fun because of the choice of weapons and ex traps.

Dizqard
Feb 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
I kinda figured I should wait til later on to be protranser....

I looked at the classes and thought that fighgunner looked kinda fun, and it has ranged attacks, so I could stick back when needed. Any recommendations? The only thing I know I don't want to be is fortefighter.

Also, I pretty much have the hang of the basic combat system.

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 04:33 PM
On 2008-02-05 20:41, Minamo wrote:
The real power of a protranser is the ex traps. You will find it very useful in the mission. (Money really can solve problems......)

I had been a fortetecher when it was available. I think that you have to spend really a lot of time for training every techniques. Just don't give up and you will enjoy the power of technique afterwards.

-----

I recommend a newman FT / a cast PT

My friend's Female newman PT got almost ALL of the killing hits when he was LVL 1!!!!! wtf >.< lol

and yes he was a lvl 1 protranser lol

thats actually his character's name "level 1 Pro"

but yea his EX traps killed everything -_-

Miyuki
Feb 6, 2008, 04:59 PM
One of the best parts of this game is the flexibility in terms of classes. Sounds like you're interested in techer and protranser with some melee thrown in, but not fortefighter. A lot of classes have overlapping weapon types, especially PT, so working on one class helps others. Actually, PT and FiG have a good mix of melee and ranged. I maxed FiG>FG>PT and worked on some bullets and skills as the first 2 classes, which have in turn come in handy as a PT. All three classes can use traps to varying degrees, so that should help in the damage department.
As far as techers go, my main is FT, but I'm playing around with AT. Maybe you might want to try AT or WT. AT has access to more melee and has significantly more HP than FT. Techs are fun to use, but may not be as rewarding at low levels.

Dizqard
Feb 6, 2008, 05:30 PM
Acrotecher looks really fun to me, especially since it has techs AND melee. Thanks for the info!