PDA

View Full Version : Demo

elainesangel9
Feb 6, 2008, 11:33 AM
so, I have decided, to play PSU, I will be doing the demo on the 360 till i can play for real, anyway, can anybody share some info about the demo? besides missions, what isnt in the demo thats actually on the game? because I noticed some new monsters that i didnt see during the main game

JAFO22000
Feb 6, 2008, 11:48 AM
The demo contains only about 7% of what is in the full version of the game + the AoI expansion.

Basically, the demo is great if people use it to decide if they want to pay for the full version or not. You are evidently going to play the full version, so use the demo to familiarize yourself with the controls and to get the basics down. There will be SO much more available on the full version.

Also, don't let the demo community affect your decision. You will see a LOT of people spamming and being general asshats in lobbies. It is NOT like this on the full version (well, at least not to this scale!)

elainesangel9
Feb 6, 2008, 11:55 AM
I sure hope not, I feel like I am at an auction every time i enter the full universe, its like endless pointless message bubbles, Im sure the community is great on PSU, can I also ask, what is the level cap? and I noticed that techs like Foie (cries cause it was on PSO too) look so awesome once they max out on their level, do all the techs do this?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, all techs get visual (as well as damage, radius, range, speed, status effect) upgrades as they level up. Damage steadily goes up with every level, everything else goes up in tiers, Level 1, then Level 11, then 21, and 31.

Christmas
Feb 6, 2008, 12:15 PM
The level cap is 120 in the full game, and I believe 50 in the demo. I'm against the winter event and all, but if you where to join right now you could take advantage of the mission's bonus exp.

(Don't hurt me Ema ;; )

elainesangel9
Feb 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
120!? wow.... thats kinda low, but then again psu gameplay is diferent than pso, would you say that its just as hard to reach 120 in psu than it is to reach 200 in pso? I am not comparing the two, I am just curious, PLEASE GOD NO ONE START A PSO VS PSU WAR ON THIS TOPIC

Christmas
Feb 6, 2008, 01:01 PM
It's rather easy to get to level 100, then it slows down a bit from 100-120. Still easy though. Keep in mind, the level cap goes up about every once in a while. While it's level 120 right now, it'll be 130 later on.

elainesangel9
Feb 6, 2008, 02:45 PM
oh well thats good, Anyway, even once you reach 120, im sure leveling techs etc will take a while

GuardianElite
Feb 6, 2008, 02:50 PM
besides wasnt the original pso on dc was lv 100 cap

elainesangel9
Feb 6, 2008, 02:57 PM
ahh!!!! thats way too low! poor dc players, but then again, they had pso....before me

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
On 2008-02-06 09:48, elainesangel9 wrote:
120!? wow.... thats kinda low, but then again psu gameplay is diferent than pso, would you say that its just as hard to reach 120 in psu than it is to reach 200 in pso? I am not comparing the two, I am just curious, PLEASE GOD NO ONE START A PSO VS PSU WAR ON THIS TOPIC

lol dont worry they're increasing the lvl cap every couple months by 10, and sega said it'll end up ebign at least lvl 200.

Also they have a lot of PSO related content in this game, and in a month or 2 we should be getting a PSO event, that has the forest, caves, ruins, and mines, along with old PSO characters like Rupika and kireek, and some PSO weapons like the ruby bullet and the twin DB sabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorak000
Feb 6, 2008, 04:52 PM
yeah, I predict the level cap eventually moving to 200 by the time we are done.

Christmas
Feb 6, 2008, 06:59 PM
On 2008-02-06 11:45, elainesangel9 wrote:
oh well thats good, Anyway, even once you reach 120, im sure leveling techs etc will take a while

You're right though; in my opinion PA level holds more weight than your character level now. As for how long they take to level? I'm sure it's whatever you think times four... They're rather evil.

Axicore
Feb 6, 2008, 08:37 PM
On 2008-02-06 11:57, elainesangel9 wrote:
ahh!!!! thats way too low! poor dc players, but then again, they had pso....before me

I'm still playing PSO on my Yuji Naka autographed Dreamcast. I just can't bear to stop playing my Kireek clone.

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 10:07 AM
On 2008-02-06 13:20, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-02-06 09:48, elainesangel9 wrote:

lol dont worry they're increasing the lvl cap every couple months by 10, and sega said it'll end up ebign at least lvl 200.

Also they have a lot of PSO related content in this game, and in a month or 2 we should be getting a PSO event, that has the forest, caves, ruins, and mines, along with old PSO characters like Rupika and kireek, and some PSO weapons like the ruby bullet and the twin DB sabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

REALLY! thzt mzkes me so happy, hopefully i will be able to get online soon. PSU forver

elainesangel9
Feb 9, 2008, 10:32 AM
anybody here play the demo? everyone I end up playing with is a jack...anyway, If you really want to play, Ill be on monday...PM me