PDA

View Full Version : Forest of Illusion Delayed on both Servers

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
Posted by chillaura on the official forums, link below to the topic.

Seems like there was another problem, and Forest of Illusion will be delayed this week and hopefully released in a future update.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=70067

Not a really big deal, but it does kill my hope of hunting the stuff that drops there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2008-02-06 10:30 ]</font>

Xaeris
Feb 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
/wrist

Gunslinger-08
Feb 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
lol sega. Oh well. I'd rather wait than have a glitchy map or whatever...

vfloresjr24
Feb 6, 2008, 01:32 PM
hahaha. looks like moatoob will be neglected like a red headed stepchild(sorry if you are a red headed stepchild).

stukasa
Feb 6, 2008, 01:33 PM
Bummer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Oh well, no big deal I suppose. There's still plenty of other stuff coming in this update!

(to be honest I was surprised they were planning to give us the Forest mission this early anyway)

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
On 2008-02-06 10:32, vfloresjr24 wrote:
hahaha. looks like moatoob will be neglected like a red headed stepchild(sorry if you are a red headed stepchild).

Well, there's still Guardian's Boost Road to help it out, but I don't see anything I want to hunt on Moatoob without the Forest.

DragonStorm
Feb 6, 2008, 02:04 PM
doesnt bother me. im still hunting double agito anyways lol

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 6, 2008, 02:14 PM
Says the 22nd. That's not too bad.

Ken_Silver
Feb 6, 2008, 02:16 PM
...There's a forest on Motaboob?

*checks missions available*

Well, there's a reason its called an illusion, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kanore
Feb 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
In before they delay MAG too. Man, I came back just to play some PSO on PSU, too. If that makes any sense.

mvffin
Feb 6, 2008, 02:41 PM
good. thats one less thing I have to worry about when running TD, Moonlight, DG, DT, PO, GoF, etc.

Anduril
Feb 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-02-06 11:40, Kanore wrote:
In before they delay MAG too. Man, I came back just to play some PSO on PSU, too. If that makes any sense.

Have they even announced a day for MAG? How can they delay it if it doesn't have a release date? Why am I asking you these questions? Where am I? What am I doing here? What the hell is going on?

*cough* Yeah, well. I"m ok with this being delayed seeing as it has some minor story significance, and having it released so soon kinda skewed that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-02-06 11:45 ]</font>

Kanore
Feb 6, 2008, 02:49 PM
On 2008-02-06 11:44, Anduril wrote:

On 2008-02-06 11:40, Kanore wrote:

Have they even announced a day for MAG? How can they delay it if it doesn't have a release date? Why am I asking you these questions? Where am I? What am I doing here? What the hell is going on?

*cough* Yeah, well. I"m ok with this being delayed seeing as it has some minor story significance, and having it released so soon kinda skewed that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-02-06 11:45 ]</font>

It was hinted that 'information on Maximum Attack would be released later in February (or was it 'this month') during that Newman appreciation thing.

amtalx
Feb 6, 2008, 02:49 PM
*waits for someone to try and blame this on MS*

Now, can any of you really deny that ST sucks a fat one?

Kanore
Feb 6, 2008, 02:53 PM
On 2008-02-06 11:49, amtalx wrote:

No one has ever said that ST sucks at managing their online games. Ever. Microsoft has everything to do with PSU.

Nai_Calus
Feb 6, 2008, 02:55 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh ST.

Funny how they had no problem with the mission on the JP version.

I become more and more glad I ditched that version.

GuardianElite
Feb 6, 2008, 02:55 PM

amtalx i think you should join in sucking the fat one lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-06 11:56 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 6, 2008, 03:05 PM
they should just give us the rare enemy map again and let everyone get the Loveheart Line and Kohibumiteri

lol

THE JACKEL

Proto07
Feb 6, 2008, 03:06 PM

ZOMG M$ delayed the ps2 servers!

Jakosifer
Feb 6, 2008, 03:17 PM
Ahaha, that sho' is a shame... >]

Oh well.

easy
Feb 6, 2008, 03:22 PM
ANOTHER SEGA FUCK UP

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 03:45 PM
im guessing its because we dont have ryucross, which chillaura also said, the day we got the newman knights, that we are also getting ryucross on the 22nd.

I guess they didnt realize that they're connected lol.

Well with the ryucross being unlocked, along with...... everything else the JP got recently besides the lvl caps and bruce.... Im expecting MAG early next month http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

So yea they messed up, just in a different way lol

RegulusHikari
Feb 6, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-02-06 12:45, pikachief wrote:
im guessing its because we dont have ryucross

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 04:01 PM
i find it sad that they made the mistake of announcing it too early, so they're taking it back, but everyone jsut assumes its another "technical screw up" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mysterious-G
Feb 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
...I renewed my account for just that mission. Fuck you, SEGA.

Helly
Feb 6, 2008, 04:41 PM
Awww thats kinda lame! Boost Road + new S2 spammage = the best time for hunt for that forest! Now its likely we'll never see it~

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 04:41 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:38, Mysterious-G wrote:

You renewed your account for 1 mission that is rare, so u probably wont even get it that much? seems like a lame thing to spend $10 on :/

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 6, 2008, 04:46 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:41, Helly wrote:
Awww thats kinda lame! Boost Road + new S2 spammage = the best time for hunt for that forest! Now its likely we'll never see it~

Huh? The Boost Road will be around for a looooong time on Moatoob, and we get the mission in two weeks, you'll see it.

pikachief
On 2008-02-06 13:41, Helly wrote:

never? im sure the S2's and GBR wiill still be there in 2 weeks lol

Mysterious-G
On 2008-02-06 13:41, pikachief wrote:

On 2008-02-06 13:38, Mysterious-G wrote:

You renewed your account for 1 mission that is rare, so u probably wont even get it that much? seems like a lame thing to spend $10 on :/

Propably, but I started my break before like 2 weeks.
Winter Event was super boring, so I thought I would take a month off. But SEGA America suddenly thinks they would have to give us the better drop rates jp just got, among some other decent new things.
And since the new drop rates + boost road + Forest would surely have dropped some nice things, hell yeah, that Forest was pretty much the reason for me to shorten my break. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2008, 04:49 PM
22nd? that means we aint getting ryucross.

And yes, this is all the FUCKING 360's fault. Microsoft has been slowing this game's progress down since it launched.

GuardianElite
Feb 6, 2008, 04:55 PM
what drops on De rol le s2 rank that doesnt on S rank lol

Mysterious-G
Feb 6, 2008, 04:56 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:55, GuardianElite wrote:
what drops on De rol le s2 rank that doesnt on S rank lol

Seems like nothing. New drops for lvl 150+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 05:04 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:49, RemiusTA wrote:
22nd? that means we aint getting ryucross.

And yes, this is all the FUCKING 360's fault. Microsoft has been slowing this game's progress down since it launched.

The GM's said we are getting ryucross on the 22nd. and the forest of illusion is connected to ryucross! we have to get that either the same time or before the forest! lol >.>

jobber
Feb 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
weee more DG soloing!

Noblewine
Feb 6, 2008, 06:57 PM
Oh well, I can still wait though I've seen groups in Neudaiz. Did Desert Terror get an update I ran it with a three friends and nothing "Good" dropped.

MayLee
Feb 6, 2008, 09:14 PM
On 2008-02-06 11:53, Kanore wrote:

No one has ever said that ST sucks at managing their online games. Ever. Microsoft has everything to do with PSU.

How is that possible? Microsoft doesn't own PSU

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2008, 12:05 AM
That was sarcasm, MayLee.

And seeing as the Forest of Illusion's appearance is directly related to Ryucross, they probably just now remembered that and are "fixing" it until we get Ryucross.

Mortalis
Feb 7, 2008, 07:36 AM
Lolz. I find it funny how many people take this game so seriously. 'Sega messed up? DSNKFJDSAFKNGDNSKA'

Sinue_v2
Feb 7, 2008, 08:38 AM
On 2008-02-06 13:01, pikachief wrote:
i find it sad that they made the mistake of announcing it too early, so they're taking it back, but everyone jsut assumes its another "technical screw up" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It is a screwup. Maybe not technical, but definately a PR screwup. And when you're floating a game on life support in part because of the promise of old PSO content - any screwing around with said PSO content is going to piss many people off.

Which doesn't surprise me. This is Sonic Team, after all. I would amazed if they DIDN'T screw up for once. If nothing else, at least they're staying consistent with their incompetence.

CeruleanWitch
Feb 7, 2008, 11:19 AM
Sounds like Sega's trying to become the next Atlus.

Authenticate
Feb 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
Whoa whoa whoa.... whoa. We're not getting a phantom forest in moatoob (until the 22nd apparently) for STORY reasons? They've now officially used every excuse to delay content.

EMPYREAN
Feb 7, 2008, 11:42 AM
meh idc aboute this. hate Moa regardless of what kind of missions they give that planet.

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 11:44 AM
I bet it's something lame like they didn't know it was the PSO forest, so the're keeping it back since we've not had the event yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Oh, well. I honestly thought it was weird we were getting it so early, anyway.

Para
Feb 7, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah its getting pretty obvious at this point that its a storyline screw up.
Its not a big deal... we're getting a pretty hefty update anyways.

Neith
Feb 7, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-02-07 05:38, Sinue_v2 wrote:
It is a screwup. Maybe not technical, but definately a PR screwup. And when you're floating a game on life support in part because of the promise of old PSO content - any screwing around with said PSO content is going to piss many people off.

Yeah, but they still managed to mess up a lot anyway. Formal Wear/Dress/whatever it's called (rather than FOmarl Dress), Shato (arguably acceptable because of the JP translation, but it was Sato in PSO), including Sange, but with the model of Yasha..

It's all minor things I as a former big PSO player can deal with (the Yasha mixup is annoying, but I can live with it), but if ST are were concerned about keeping the PSO content true to how it actually was, the items I listed shouldn't have been messed up either.

My guess is like a few others here though. The Forest of Illusion description mentions 'the discovery of Ryucross', which obviously is problematic when we don't have any of the Ryucross missions yet. I don't mind the delay really, its only a short one anyway- and a good sign we'll get this along with Ryucross soon.

Mortalis
Feb 7, 2008, 11:58 AM
On 2008-02-07 08:50, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Yeah, but they still managed to mess up a lot anyway. Formal Wear/Dress/whatever it's called (rather than FOmarl Dress), Shato (arguably acceptable because of the JP translation, but it was Sato in PSO), including Sange, but with the model of Yasha..

It's all minor things I as a former big PSO player can deal with (the Yasha mixup is annoying, but I can live with it), but if ST are were concerned about keeping the PSO content true to how it actually was, the items I listed shouldn't have been messed up either.

My guess is like a few others here though. The Forest of Illusion description mentions 'the discovery of Ryucross', which obviously is problematic when we don't have any of the Ryucross missions yet. I don't mind the delay really, its only a short one anyway- and a good sign we'll get this along with Ryucross soon.

But then again, maybe ST didn't try to keep things true to PSO like everybody likes to assume. You may think ST is a bunch of morons,(Not you specifically), but to get the names and images wrong by accident of they're previous game would just be horrendous. Therefore, I myself, think that not everything is supposed to stay true to PSO. They just wanted to include some PSO things, and not necessarily keep to exact to a T. Otherwise, why not nail em for changing the PSO maps, instead of having the EXACT map from PSO?

Neith
Feb 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-02-07 08:58, Mortalis wrote:
But then again, maybe ST didn't try to keep things true to PSO like everybody likes to assume. You may think ST is a bunch of morons,(Not you specifically), but to get the names and images wrong by accident of they're previous game would just be horrendous. Therefore, I myself, think that not everything is supposed to stay true to PSO. They just wanted to include some PSO things, and not necessarily keep to exact to a T. Otherwise, why not nail em for changing the PSO maps, instead of having the EXACT map from PSO?

Well, ST is somewhat notorious for messing things like this up. Even in different versions of PSO, there was inconsistencies with item names (Rico's/Riko's Earring, using the models of Kamui and Yasha for the weapon 'Sange & Yasha' ). I'd be more inclined to believe it's a stupid mistake, rather than intentional.

Regarding the maps, it's a valid point, but the maps changed in PSO depending on quests/layout variations anyway.

Still, as I said- it's all minor things really, and this story inconsistency is only delaying the mission by a small amount of time.

RACast_Raiden
Feb 7, 2008, 12:20 PM
delayed...?
Like i care at all?
The game still goes even if there's a delay in content anwyays...

Helly
Feb 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm not buying the story inconsistancy thing for one reason:

Awoken Serpent.

The SEED virus wasn't released in Granigs and De Rol Le not awoken until Ep3 Chp2. So if they want consistancy with story and free missions then we shouldn't have had Awoken Serpent until last week~ Infact I'm sure the AMF and White Beast free missions won't have "happened" until after some future story chapters.

Neith
Feb 7, 2008, 01:21 PM
On 2008-02-07 09:43, Helly wrote:

Awoken Serpent.

The SEED virus wasn't released in Granigs and De Rol Le not awoken until Ep3 Chp2. So if they want consistancy with story and free missions then we shouldn't have had Awoken Serpent until last week~ Infact I'm sure the AMF and White Beast free missions won't have "happened" until after some future story chapters.

As true as that is, it's not what I meant.

While Ryucross may be mentioned in a later story chapter, its the actual mission description for FoI that makes a mention of it. In that light, its likely that the mission was delayed to coincide with the release of Ryucross, which we assume is what is being added on the 22nd.

It's not so much a matter of story, but of confusing the player. Talking about a discovery of a planet/hive which doesn't 'exist' yet in the game world might throw some people off.

Raine_Loire
Feb 7, 2008, 01:36 PM
On 2008-02-07 08:32, Authenticate wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa.... whoa. We're not getting a phantom forest in moatoob (until the 22nd apparently) for STORY reasons? They've now officially used every excuse to delay content.

No, not quite. When they say they can't release the next update because of "feminine problems" they'll have officially used EVERY excuse.

MayLee
Feb 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
On 2008-02-06 21:05, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

And seeing as the Forest of Illusion's appearance is directly related to Ryucross, they probably just now remembered that and are "fixing" it until we get Ryucross.

Well pardon me for not seeing sarcasm over the interwebs.

RemiusTA
Feb 7, 2008, 04:30 PM
On 2008-02-07 08:32, Authenticate wrote:

They never SAID story reasons, thats just what PSO-world is throwing around.

However im quite sure it has to do with the 360 version.

And im almost 98% sure most of the translation issues you guys argue about are deliberate. Espically with the mixing of the weapon names. You dont make EVERYTHING identical from the title before it.

Besides, PSO did that to plenty of weapons from the PS RPGs, so stop complaining.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-07 13:32 ]</font>

Zorak000
Feb 7, 2008, 04:38 PM
On 2008-02-07 11:29, MayLee wrote:

On 2008-02-06 21:05, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Well pardon me for not seeing sarcasm over the interwebs.

sarcasim?! on the ol' series of tubes!? BLASPHOMEY!!!! <_< XP

anyway... the "official" statement was:

on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:18 am, chillaura
wrote:

We sent scouts into this forest and still have not heard back from them. We don't know if it is safe yet for the live servers, so the forest has disappeared from our schedule this week, and should be included with some more content coming Feb. 22. This applies to both Xbox 360 and PC/PS2 servers.

-ChillAura

so they never said the reason we are waiting was technical or story related, the MADE UP a role-play story to entertain us. but not many noobs understand the concept of "role-play" in a "role-playing game" so all the nubs are complaining and whineing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2008-02-07 13:52 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Feb 7, 2008, 05:49 PM

You know formal wear/Dress was based off the ending of Phantasy Star 1. It has nothing to do with Fomarl..

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2008, 08:52 PM
On 2008-02-07 09:43, Helly wrote:

Awoken Serpent.

The SEED Virus hit Moatoob in Ep2 Ch...8/9? Which is why Dagora was a ghost town, and why that kid turned into a Dilnazen.

Weeaboolits
Feb 8, 2008, 03:13 AM
On 2008-02-07 14:49, GuardianElite wrote:

You know formal wear/Dress was based off the ending of Phantasy Star 1. It has nothing to do with Fomarl..

The FOmarl robe is called "Formal Set" in PSU.

Krisan
Feb 8, 2008, 06:08 AM
On 2008-02-08 00:13, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
The FOmarl robe is called "Formal Set" in PSU.

And I'd just like to add to this.. The FOmar set is correctly named as "FOmar" not "Formal" - so this IS a screwup, no matter how anyone wants to look at it.

On 2008-02-07 13:30, RemiusTA wrote:
And im almost 98% sure most of the translation issues you guys argue about are deliberate. Espically with the mixing of the weapon names. You dont make EVERYTHING identical from the title before it.
Are you honestly trying to tell me they deliberately switched around the names on a set of swords for the hell of it? What on earth would possess them to do such a thing? And what the heck would be the point to doing it?

Yes, the Shato name change could be (and probably was) deliberate.. It is just a play on names really, since it is the same name with a different spelling. But swapping around names on well known weaponry? Pah, that's a screwup no matter what you tell me.

On 2008-02-07 13:30, RemiusTA wrote:
Besides, PSO did that to plenty of weapons from the PS RPGs, so stop complaining.

That's no damned excuse for them to CONTINUE to screw with the names, though. Nor is it a reason to quit complaining.. I mean come on, we're not allowed to expect some degree of quality control here? I mean sure, a lot of this stuff can be regarded as mostly trivial.. but there tends to be so very much of it. It eventually adds up to the point where you have to wonder what they were thinking.

Sinue_v2
Feb 8, 2008, 06:39 AM
Are you honestly trying to tell me they deliberately switched around the names on a set of swords for the hell of it? What on earth would possess them to do such a thing?

I dunno. Ask Noah/Lutz. And they were even in the same continuity, not simply throwback tributes to (mostly) unrelated games. This kind of shit is Sega's forte.

Oh, and as for the content - we got some of it. Forest of Illusion and the S2 missions I hear. So it seems Sonic Team is now screwing up their screwups, lawl.

JarinKail
Feb 8, 2008, 08:00 AM
So, it's funny. Everyone who bitches and complains about "ST SCREW UPS OMG" still play the game. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. I'm willing to bet that everyone bitching about the content delay tries to run it once or twice then goes back to spamming White Beast.

Reipard
Feb 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
Translator + Strict Deadline - Legions of Fans to Analyze Every Weapon, Armor and Spell Name = Inconsistencies.

Horrendous, I know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.