PDA

View Full Version : Getting online with PS2

Pence
Feb 6, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hey, I have a slim line PS2 and was wondering if its just a case of plugging a USB socket into the back to play PSU online?

I live in UK and online gaming for PS2 never really took off so i'm having trouble finding anyone who knows!

Thanks in advance.

Alizarin
Feb 6, 2008, 05:24 PM
Slim PS2s already come with the built-in ethernet port, all you have to do is plug one in and set it up. No hard-drive required. You might need the network disc, however, so check if you have one.

Frana
Feb 6, 2008, 05:40 PM
The disk should've came in your ps2's box.

biggabertha
Feb 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
All you need to make your UK PS2 Slimline go online is an active Broadband connection with a modem that outputs an ethernet or crossover cable. Plugging the Slimline PS2 directly into the modem will enable you to go online with the least amount of hassle. If you're worried about it, there is a test connection available at the Network settings within PSU itself.

One thing to bear in mind though, there are some broadband connections that have those annoying USB Modems that output a USB, I've tried that on my old PS2 and it didn't work. Either it doesn't recognise that the USB slots in the front are able to take a network connection or I didn't set it up properly. Either way, it's too much hassle and my Airport Extreme outputted the connection through it's LAN port anyway.

SStrikerR
Feb 6, 2008, 06:11 PM
I never needed a disc...then again, I live in the U.S.