PDA

View Full Version : recruitment

TalHex
Feb 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
i'm recruiting for my kitsune army, doesn't matter if you aren't a kitsune or even remotely vulpine just sign the contract in this blood red ink here and you will be all set.

note: talonkitsune nor any of the other leaders of the imperial army are responsible for your death or any stupidity on your part during the armed service. You may experience vulpinish tendencies, grow red fur, grow a tail, get pointed ears, spontaneously turn into a fox in the presence of a priest or a dog, urghes to steal, possess civilians, play pranks, and explode things 24 hours after signing the contract. this is not abnormal don't be alarmed... in the event that you are killed in battle your ashes will be returned to your family, thank you and enjoy your time in the army.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TalonKitsune on 2008-02-06 16:05 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
Get 100 damage through a combination of Immunize, Defender, and Shelter, all boosted, and then we'll talk.

EDIT:Without using fixed-damage abilities, of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-06 16:53 ]</font>

pikachief
Feb 6, 2008, 07:55 PM
i have no idea wats going so....... ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!

*signs*

Nitro Vordex
Feb 6, 2008, 07:59 PM
Grow a freaking tail?!?!?
EPIC WIN! *pushes everyone out of the wasy to sign*

Randomness
Feb 6, 2008, 08:12 PM
On 2008-02-06 16:59, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

*attaches leash*

Sit, boy.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 6, 2008, 08:14 PM
On 2008-02-06 17:12, Randomness wrote:

*attaches leash*

Sit, boy.

Screw you.
*Explodes*

Randomness
Feb 6, 2008, 08:16 PM
On 2008-02-06 17:14, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

*attaches leash*

Sit, boy.

Screw you.
*Explodes*

*Antifire*

Bad boy. No blowing stuff up unless I tell you.

Got it?

EDIT:And yes, I plan to do this to anyone who signs up. Shapeshifting pyromaniacs seem useful. Guess the army won't be getting any recruits!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-06 17:17 ]</font>

Anduril
Feb 6, 2008, 08:23 PM
Well seeing as my flat-footedness usually excludes me from any real combat, sure I'll sign up. Question: Do we get any benefits, like getting paid to go to college, or maybe some free obedience training?

TalHex
Feb 6, 2008, 08:26 PM
On 2008-02-06 17:16, Randomness wrote:

*attaches leash*

Sit, boy.

Screw you.
*Explodes*

*Antifire*

Got it?

EDIT:And yes, I plan to do this to anyone who signs up. Shapeshifting pyromaniacs seem useful. Guess the army won't be getting any recruits!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-06 17:17 ]</font>

did i mention kitsune are cunning? you'll just be helping me weed out the useless ones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

edit: benefits... well you get seal insurance, 10 free C4 drops, and you get paid (not offering life insurance though...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TalonKitsune on 2008-02-06 17:37 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Feb 6, 2008, 08:36 PM

*attaches leash*

Sit, boy.

Screw you.
*Explodes*

*Antifire*

Got it?

You can't just do that ya know.
*Disappears*

Randomness
Feb 6, 2008, 09:02 PM
On 2008-02-06 17:36, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

*attaches leash*

Sit, boy.

Screw you.
*Explodes*

*Antifire*

Got it?

You can't just do that ya know.
*Disappears*

Cheater. Next ones get to taste whip.

TalHex
Feb 6, 2008, 09:06 PM
you would take a whip to a spirit that can summon fire at will? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif that can't be to healthy...

Randomness
Feb 6, 2008, 09:10 PM
On 2008-02-06 18:06, TalonKitsune wrote:
you would take a whip to a spirit that can summon fire at will? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif that can't be to healthy...

It is when I can become immune to fire at will.

FYI, my game of choice right now is Etrian Odyssey. Wonder if anyones played it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 6, 2008, 11:33 PM
Text fighting already without stating who you're going to be fighting once you do get an army?

Sign me out! Even though out isn't the opposite of up and sign me down sounds like a "yes, sign me up," so I didn't use it.

Sord
Feb 7, 2008, 12:35 AM

I'll continue the serial and mercenary business.

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 03:48 PM
On 2008-02-06 20:33, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Text fighting already without stating who you're going to be fighting once you do get an army?

Of course. He turns the recruits into pyromaniacs for his army, but I'm here to steal them to use in some world domination scheme or something.

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
Free dental?

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
On 2008-02-07 12:48, Randomness wrote:

Of course. He turns the recruits into pyromaniacs for his army, but I'm here to steal them to use in some world domination scheme or something.

except that kitsune are notoriously hard to catch and will more often then not spread misfortune on their captor

granis1233
Feb 7, 2008, 03:51 PM
im up but if i sign up will i loss my soul

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 03:56 PM
On 2008-02-07 12:50, TalonKitsune wrote:

On 2008-02-07 12:48, Randomness wrote:

except that kitsune are notoriously hard to catch and will more often then not spread misfortune on their captor

Well... I have spells for catching them. Messing with random chance, binding, etc. And curses are notoriously easy to remove with magics.

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
Free dental or not, sign me up.
I'll get my own dental.
What's the pay like?

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 04:03 PM
20 acres of captured land per recruit, i'm throwing in dental, i'll pay as much as the US military and you get to keep all treasures plundered

@randomness: quote: curses are notoriously easy to remove with magics, yup hence why capture spells won't work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 04:08 PM
Sign me up pronto.
You can pay me in @.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 04:14 PM
will do, *passes a registration form to Out_Kast*

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 04:15 PM
*fills in, but mispells everything*
Does that mean I have to do it again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 04:15 PM
On 2008-02-07 13:03, TalonKitsune wrote:
20 acres of captured land per recruit, i'm throwing in dental, i'll pay as much as the US military and you get to keep all treasures plundered

@randomness: quote: curses are notoriously easy to remove with magics, yup hence why capture spells won't work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Unless I've already made it impossible for them cast magic. Which I can do.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 04:16 PM
unfortunately... *hands you another*

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 04:17 PM
On 2008-02-07 13:15, Out_Kast wrote:
*fills in, but mispells everything*
Does that mean I have to do it again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Given the nature of it, you probably only needed to sign your name... Especially considering the ink variety being used.

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 04:18 PM
*fills in properly*
All sorted.

Come on, pointy ears!

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-02-07 13:18, Out_Kast wrote:
*fills in properly*
All sorted.

Come on, pointy ears!

*unleashes flurry of curses*

Come on, new minion!

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 04:26 PM
*casts silence on randomness*

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 04:28 PM
What's with the huge space on the OP?

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 04:29 PM
disclaimer space, made to draw attention away from the fine print ^.^

Out_Kast
Feb 7, 2008, 04:32 PM
Understood.
*goes to bed*

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 05:13 PM
Thats annoying....

*pops a theriaca A*

EDIT:*equips Ribbon*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-07 14:14 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 06:36 PM
I think your recruits have had long enough for the full effect of the contract to kick in, so...

BEGIN THE SPELL CHAIN!

*Silencega, Quick*
*Sleepga, Reflectga*
*Blindga*

And for the last spell...

I summon a Zone Eater.

*Zone Eater uses Inhale*

And suck them all into another dimension. Where I can brainwash them without you interfering.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 07:05 PM
There's some stuff you should know.
WIKI ATTACK!

Other supernatural abilities commonly attributed to the kitsune include possession, mouths or tails that generate fire or lightning (known as kitsune-bi; literally, fox-fire), willful manifestation in the dreams of others, flight, invisibility, and the creation of illusions so elaborate as to be almost indistinguishable from reality.[19][15] Some tales speak of kitsune with even greater powers, able to bend time and space, drive people mad, or take fantastic shapes such as a tree of incredible height or a second moon in the sky.[23][24] Other kitsune have characteristics reminiscent of vampires or succubi and feed on the life or spirit of human beings, generally through sexual contact.[25]
So naturally...
*disapprears*

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 07:43 PM
On 2008-02-07 16:05, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
There's some stuff you should know.
WIKI ATTACK!

Other supernatural abilities commonly attributed to the kitsune include possession, mouths or tails that generate fire or lightning (known as kitsune-bi; literally, fox-fire), willful manifestation in the dreams of others, flight, invisibility, and the creation of illusions so elaborate as to be almost indistinguishable from reality.[19][15] Some tales speak of kitsune with even greater powers, able to bend time and space, drive people mad, or take fantastic shapes such as a tree of incredible height or a second moon in the sky.[23][24] Other kitsune have characteristics reminiscent of vampires or succubi and feed on the life or spirit of human beings, generally through sexual contact.[25]
So naturally...
*disapprears*

thank you nitro, kitsune can create illusions so advanced that they bcome plot and can't simply be dispelled xD

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 08:11 PM
Great... illusions? PERFECT illusions?

Damn.

Lemme think on this for a second... I think I need some backup here, lol.

EDIT:Damn again. Space-time manipulations? For the love of... so much for trapping in alternate dimensions. I'm beginning to think I should just kill you all outright, and maybe reanimate some of you as zombies or something.

Unless... I think I know how to win.

EDIT2:Alright, heres my new game plan. I'm still sticking to the limitations of Final Fantasy for all this, too. (Not that thats much of a limitation)

First... *slams giant blue crystal into ground*
Second... *puts on a miniature blue crystal*
Third... *summons Meteor Parasite*

For those of you who haven't played Crystal Chronicles, heres how this works. Miasma is about to cover the world. Standing in miasma kills you. You'll last about 2 minutes. The only spot safe from the miasma is in the area around that crystal I slammed down. (And of course, I'm safe from the one I'm wearing) Thus, you either gather around that crystal, or you die. And of course, once I know where you are... all the illusions in the world wont stop me.

And don't even think about trying to kill the Meteor Parasite. You won't like what happens if you try that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-07 17:22 ]</font>

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:17 PM
randomness there is a flaw with your plan... tell me what kind of enemies thrive in miasma? (traditional miasma)

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:19 PM
On 2008-02-07 17:11, Randomness wrote:

Damn.

EDIT:Damn again. Space-time manipulations? For the love of... so much for trapping in alternate dimensions. I'm beginning to think I should just kill you all outright, and maybe reanimate some of you as zombies or something.

EDIT2:Alright, heres my new game plan. I'm still sticking to the limitations of Final Fantasy for all this, too. (Not that thats much of a limitation)

For those of you who haven't played Crystal Chronicles, heres how this works. Miasma is about to cover the world. Standing in miasma kills you. You'll last about 2 minutes. The only spot safe from the miasma is in the area around that crystal I slammed down. (And of course, I'm safe from the one I'm wearing) Thus, you either gather around that crystal, or you die. And of course, once I know where you are... all the illusions in the world wont stop me.

And don't even think about trying to kill the Meteor Parasite. You won't like what happens if you try that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-07 17:22 ]</font>

There's a nice giant hole in that plan.
I could just possess you without you knowing.
A for effort though.

Even if you get around that.Psh, we can change dimensions, as we're FROM another dimension, so, all we'd have to do is go to a dimension...without you in it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:20 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:19, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

On 2008-02-07 17:11, Randomness wrote:

Damn.

There's a nice giant hole in that plan.
I could just possess you without you knowing.
A for effort though.

Even if you get around that.Psh, we can change dimensions, as we're FROM another dimension, so, all we'd have to do is go to a dimension...without you in it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

that and the simple fact that kitsune are demonic and demons like miasma

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:20 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:17, TalonKitsune wrote:
randomness there is a flaw with your plan... tell me what kind of enemies thrive in miasma? (traditional miasma)

FFCC miasma... basically, mindless beasts and Moogles. (And I have NO idea why it kills every intelligent race BESIDES moogles)

Anyways, I've already developed two backup plans past this...

And unless you've all moved to near the crystal, you're also all half dead at least by now.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:22 PM
A for effort Randomness.
*Starts evil convincing mode* You should join us, together with the army, we could rule the world! *Evil laughter*
Or you could stay as you are, but remember, if you aren't with us, well, you're free game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Not against us of course.

Edit: Evil people don't have a http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif in their convincing mode. Oh wait I got it.
*Evil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitro_Vordex on 2008-02-07 18:23 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hmm... I'm pretty sure I'm immune to possession. *checks effects of Ribbon*

Yep. Besides, I can just kill myself to exorcise you.

As for going to another dimension, you aren't the only ones who can do that. A number of FF spells mess with dimensions.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:23, Randomness wrote:
Hmm... I'm pretty sure I'm immune to possession. *checks effects of Ribbon*

Yep. Besides, I can just kill myself to exorcise you.

As for going to another dimension, you aren't the only ones who can do that. A number of FF spells mess with dimensions.

yeah, but do you know WHICH dimensions?
You can't really say that you can, considering that there's prolly more dimensions than a human (or otherwise) mind can percieve.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
you haven't responded to the fact that kitsune are by nature immune to miasma...

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:24, TalonKitsune wrote:
you haven't responded to the fact that kitsune are by nature immune to miasma...

Actually, not this miasma...

Basically, this miasma has but one purpose:
Creating painful memories.

So unless you wish to argue that kisune don't have memories...

And for tracking kitsune across dimensions... I just follow the fires. And I know a dimension where your thoughts end up anyways, pretty easy to track you from there.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:36 PM
just be glad it isn't an army of aegyl, they can fly and the miasma of crystal chronicles really would have no effect considering they have no anima... by the way is meteor parasite a move you can actually get or an enemy only move?

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:36, TalonKitsune wrote:
just be glad it isn't an army of aegyl, they can fly and the miasma of crystal chronicles really would have no effect considering they have no anima... by the way is meteor parasite a move you can actually get or an enemy only move?

the Meteor Parasite is the source of the miasma in FFCC.

As for Aegyl...
[spoiler-box]I warp to Feolthanos and slice him into a few million ribbons. And now the Aegyl have thier anima again.[/spoiler-box]

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:39 PM
*snaps fingers* It's simple. Move to another world. you said it only covers the world. Moving to another world and voila, problem solved.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:40 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:38, Randomness wrote:

On 2008-02-07 18:36, TalonKitsune wrote:

the Meteor Parasite is the source of the miasma in FFCC.

As for Aegyl...
[spoiler-box]I warp to Feolthanos and slice him into a few million ribbons. And now the Aegyl have thier anima again.[/spoiler-box]

so its a boss then?

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:39, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
*snaps fingers* It's simple. Move to another world. you said it only covers the world. Moving to another world and voila, problem solved.

And like I said, I can follow you. If I leave open the hole I use, the miasma comes too. And there won't be a crystal for you.

Also, I can just visit Sylvarant/Tethe'alla/whatever its called after the game and pick up Ye Olde Eternal Sword. And then you can't escape through space-time.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:45 PM
Okay, now you're just cheating.
God h4x and what not.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:47 PM
because you didn't respond to my question i'm going to assume that it is a boss so there for i will have no problem doing this *summons the undying, the final boss of FFXII, every single on of his special attacks hits everything doing quite a bit of damage except for one attack, wonder barrier (can't remember the exact name cuz so many bosses near the end have something similar) it blocks all physical harm for a good ten minutes

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:47 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:45, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
God h4x and what not.

Whos the one whos saying they can run away infinitely?

Besides, I wasn't the one that brought multiple-dimensions into this anyways. The Eternal Sword is just the first way to stop you from running indefinitely that came to mind. (Probably because you have to use it for that EXACT purpose in Tales of Phantasia)

Should we just say we're keeping this fight to a single world or something?

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:53 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:47, Randomness wrote:

God h4x and what not.

Besides, I wasn't the one that brought multiple-dimensions into this anyways. The Eternal Sword is just the first way to stop you from running indefinitely that came to mind. (Probably because you have to use it for that EXACT purpose in Tales of Phantasia)

Okay here's the contract:
1) One world, one dimension. No exceptions.
2) NO INSTANT KILLS/DEATHS OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD END A BATTLE/WAR IMMEDIATLEY(e.g. whatever the hell that thing that absorbs worlds, nukes, biological warfare, atomics, LAZERS, SHOOP DA WHOOPS, e.t.c./) OR THINGS THAT GIVE INDEFINITE INVINCIBILITY, ONLY CAN LAST FOR 5 MINUTES AND MUST WAIT 5 MINUTES(Earth time >:( ) BEFORE CASTING/SUMMONING AGAIN.
3) No possessing, mind controlling, or anything, magical, physical, or emotional that does not give free will or choice.
4) See the 1st three.
5) No summoning demons, unless it be the Kitsune army, as they are considered reinforcements.
They are the only exepction to this rule, since you will prolly have an army as well.

Will think of more, edit to see fit Talon.

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 09:57 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:47, TalonKitsune wrote:
because you didn't respond to my question i'm going to assume that it is a boss so there for i will have no problem doing this *summons the undying, the final boss of FFXII, every single on of his special attacks hits everything doing quite a bit of damage except for one attack, wonder barrier (can't remember the exact name cuz so many bosses near the end have something similar) it blocks all physical harm for a good ten minutes

You're thinking of two moves there actually. And yeah... at least half the strongest enemies in the game use them. You want Paling, which blocks physical, and Magical Barrier, for magic. Also, the two moves actually last more like... two minutes. (And furthermore, those timers are unaffected by game speed, so feel free to go to options and slow battle down to minimize the effective length)

And to be honest... I wanted you to try to kill the Meteor Parasite... (You've obviously never played FFCC, or you'd have seen this coming)

*Meteor parasite is hit to being on the verge of death*

Ominous voice:STOP!!!!!

*Everyone gets sucked inside the crystal*

Gotta love multiple-round final bosses.

Theres some new rule in effect for this part, btw. Your memories are vulnerable now. And of course, that means you can basically go mad, die, etc. from losing them. I'm assuming kitsune have good memory, so we can skip the memory test part of this... and get to the next enemy.

I want you to meet Raem. Raem wants you to meet his neverending supply of minions. And he wants to devour all your memories. (Btw, this isnt it, not by a long shot.)

Also, the Undying is really, really, easy. (Of course, I also killed the Hell Wyrm before I fought him, not that the Wyrm was very hard either)

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:58 PM
i'm fine with those rules, but i'm going to add one, no starting out with any god level spells or equipment that includes ribbons, zodiac spears etc!

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 09:59 PM
Dude, that's not fair, I've never finished an FF game before. So I don't know about this stuff. >_>;

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
On 2008-02-07 18:53, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

On 2008-02-07 18:47, Randomness wrote:

God h4x and what not.

Okay here's the contract:
1) One world, one dimension. No exceptions.
2) NO INSTANT KILLS/DEATHS OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD END A BATTLE/WAR IMMEDIATLEY(e.g. whatever the hell that thing that absorbs worlds, nukes, biological warfare, atomics, LAZERS, SHOOP DA WHOOPS, e.t.c./) OR THINGS THAT GIVE INDEFINITE INVINCIBILITY, ONLY CAN LAST FOR 5 MINUTES AND MUST WAIT 5 MINUTES(Earth time >:( ) BEFORE CASTING/SUMMONING AGAIN.
3) No possessing, mind controlling, or anything, magical, physical, or emotional that does not give free will or choice.
4) See the 1st three.
5) No summoning demons, unless it be the Kitsune army, as they are considered reinforcements.
They are the only exepction to this rule, since you will prolly have an army as well.

Will think of more, edit to see fit Talon.

I can live with that. Raem will provide my endless supply of (Admittedly, weak) reinforcements.

Also, I will note that this round against Raem does not entail the loss of any memories. Thats next round.

Finally, I assume we can call stuff FROM other worlds, to within reasonable limits. (Like me and Talon calling various FF bosses)

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
Fine, but only if I get to summon bosses from other things as well.

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
actually that counts as summoning hence why i'm cancelling the Undying

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:02 PM
best to leave out bosses... and you really don't want that considering some of the more obscure bosses i've faced

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 10:05 PM
Talon, the Zodiac Spear is great for a while, (Levels 30-50), but is seriously outclassed by the Masamune with Genji Gloves. (Absurdly high combo rate). At the time you get it, I'd still prefer Tournesol (Only slightly weaker, also with a much better combo rate)

I can accept not having a ribbon equipped, since it really is unfair...

Also, my weaponry is mostly arbitrary due to the malleable nature of FF, but I will refrain from pulling any specific uber-weapons. I cannot guarantee I won't cast a shitload of buffs during the battle though. (And if I step outside FF, theres one in particular I want... because it basically reduces all damage to negligible amounts for a few round)

Anyways, on with the show!

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 10:07 PM
On 2008-02-07 19:02, TalonKitsune wrote:
best to leave out bosses... and you really don't want that considering some of the more obscure bosses i've faced

True, so I suppose I have to cancel the whole Meteor Parasite->Raem->Memiroa trap I had planned. (Beat the first two, and you fight the last, which constantly sucks away your memories and you can't stop it. Also hits like a truck)

And if you want obscure bosses... well, screw obscure, one of us would just try to summon Yiazmat or something. EDIT:(I'd actually choose Primevil from a different series, which can easily wipe out your whole party even if they're max level if you make one mistake)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-07 19:08 ]</font>

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:08 PM
so that's why it took me so long to beat the undying... he was easy (no body even got KO'd by him) but it took for ever... guess i should have used a better weapon then diamond sword XD

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 10:10 PM
On 2008-02-07 19:08, TalonKitsune wrote:
so that's why it took me so long to beat the undying... he was easy (no body even got KO'd by him) but it took for ever... guess i should have used a better weapon then diamond sword XD

Yeah...

I recommend you kill the Antlion, and go back there a few times til you get the Fomalhault from the chest, best gun in the game.

Also, the other three boss rounds on the Bahamut, I was basically chopping away 1/10 of thier health at least per attack volley. Berserk is GODLY. (To be exact, for the cost of losing all control of the character (they just spam attack), you get double action speed and a 30% boost to attack power. It also stacks with haste, which would make it something like a 75-80% reduction in action time. Golden amulets are also the best accessory EVER. I had the upper license board complete on everyone by the time I got to the Pharos)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-07 19:14 ]</font>

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:14 PM
lulz i used the gambit health 50> curaja, along with several scenarios for esunaga (i think thats what its called) and just hacked him to death... the whole final level took maybe 2 hours for me because my equipment sucked

PhotonDrop
Feb 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
What.

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
On 2008-02-07 19:14, TalonKitsune wrote:
lulz i used the gambit health 50> curaja, along with several scenarios for esunaga (i think thats what its called) and just hacked him to death... the whole final level took maybe 2 hours for me because my equipment sucked

I think I had two gambits I ever bothered using.

1-Leader's target>Attack
Fran-Ally:Any>Arise

I usually fought with two party members buffed and berserked with amazing weapons, and spammed Renew/Esunaga with the third. (With a Sage's ring equipped and all three chanellings, magics are only somethink like 35% of the base cost) For MP needs I just Syphoned one of the berserk people's perpetually full MP (From Inquisitor and Martyr)

TalHex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
*kitsune minion bring PhotonDrop a cup of tea* yup exactly...

it appears randomness that our battle will have to wait for tomorrow... i've got to sleep otherwise i'll be quite irritable in the morning... *yawns and walks off to camp*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TalonKitsune on 2008-02-07 19:20 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
For my first turn, btw, I'm going to do the following:

Doublecast Protect and Quick

On first Quick turn:
Doublecast Shell and Haste

Second Quick turn:
Saber and EDIT:Astra

Net result:Reduced damage from everything, increased speed, increased attack power, and drastically increased evasion a one-shot status immunity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-07 19:21 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Feb 7, 2008, 10:23 PM
On 2008-02-07 19:16, PhotonDrop wrote:
What.

QFT.

Randomness
Feb 7, 2008, 11:44 PM
Since Raem is out of the picture, for my army I'm going to call in adventurers from a town by the name of Etria...

Here's (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/934287/48412) the rundown on what that entails.
The maximum possible points for skills for any given character is 78, btw. (69 from levels, 2 starting, 7 bonus starting from retiring)

I'll start with a combination of:
(Warning:VERY technical, but this is what I would count as an ideal party for all-around massacres in the game.)
[spoiler-box]
Survivalist:
Bows 10
Apollon 10
Multi-hit 10
AGI up 10
Trickery 3
Quicken 10
1st turn 5
HP up 10
Cloak 10

Protector:
Shields 10
Tp up 3
Antifire 5
Antivolt 5
Anticold 5
Def up 10
Fortify 5
Smite 10
HP up 10
En guarde 10
Cure II 5

Landsknecht:
Swords 10
Axes 5
2-hit 3
Allslash 10
Cleaver 10
HP up 10
TP up 10
ATK up 10
DEF up 10

Medic:
Healer 10
Cure 3
Cure II 3
Cure III 10
Salve 3
Salve II 10
Immunize 10
Refresh 10
HP up 10
TP up 9

Troubador:
Songs 7
TP up 10
Relazing 10
Bravery 10
Erasure 10
HP up 10
Mercury 10
Shelter 10
Frost 1
[/spoiler-box]

There ya go, and I'm off to bed, so I suppose we'll start this tommorrow.

*wards dreams*

Out_Kast
Feb 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'm stuck on FF12 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Randomness
Feb 8, 2008, 11:48 PM
On 2008-02-08 10:03, Out_Kast wrote:
I'm stuck on FF12 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Where? I have like three hunts, Zodiark, and Yiazmat left and I've completely beaten the game.

Also, I've decided I don't feel like spending the time and effort (not ot mention the risk) needed to wipe out an army of demigods.

If you ever need an unofficial assassination, mass slaying, or an apocalypse on some scale, send me a note with some magical relics or something in payment. (I don't feel like getting turned into anything, so I'll just sit on the sidelines as a mercenary)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-08 20:49 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
Feb 9, 2008, 01:13 AM
That's it. I'm out. You're waayyy too technical. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Peace treaty.

TalHex
Feb 9, 2008, 11:09 PM
agreed...