PDA

View Full Version : Wait, people have been 192'd for HOW long now?

Powder Keg
Feb 8, 2008, 11:48 AM
No wonder there's a crapload of people I don't see online.

When did this start, and how in the world is it not fixed by now? I generally don't complain about problems ST may have, but something like this is critical above most things IMO.

Edgard
Feb 8, 2008, 11:55 AM
what do you mean by 192'd?

Powder Keg
Feb 8, 2008, 12:03 PM
Maybe that isn't the correct number I was looking for, but I'm talking about the License error which is leaving people offline.

Skuda
Feb 8, 2008, 12:06 PM
I've been waiting almost 2 months now myself ;o

Nuclearranger
Feb 8, 2008, 12:12 PM
By this error what do you meen? Does it act like your licence is canceled? Because I might have this error...

Skuda
Feb 8, 2008, 12:48 PM
Error 192 is related to being a risk of credit card fraud. Even though this is a severe issue, it seems to latch on to people out of the blue for almost no reason at times. Sometimes using multiple credit cards, or credit cards from a different location as marked on your account will trigger it.

It is a long and painful process to get resolved, seeing as many people are waiting months and months on end without even a word from Sega.

milka
Feb 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
they are fixing 192 in 2 days tops!!

Maridia
Feb 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
Mine popped up last year when I renewed my account. The billing address for the credit card I had been using had changed as my sister had moved back home from another province.

I emailed them with the details, expecting it to take forever after reading about how people had been waiting for months. I checked my email a few days later to find they had emailed me back the next day with it fixed. o_O

Maybe I was just lucky..? I wonder what makes it so difficult to fix. They really need to hire more people if it's taking this long to sort things out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Good luck to everyone. :/

Angelo
Feb 8, 2008, 08:55 PM
My account has also been rendered inactive... I'd really like to get back in the game :

Syl
Feb 8, 2008, 09:24 PM
I've been gone from PSU for almost 2 months as well because o fit =/

And the best part, no reply from Sega since http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

beatrixkiddo
Feb 8, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-02-08 10:14, milka wrote:
they are fixing 192 in 2 days tops!!

That's funny, since I know people who've been waiting 2+ weeks, and I've been waiting since this Tuesday.

Wavey
Feb 8, 2008, 10:03 PM
when this happened to me, when I first started PSU last year, I rang Sega Europe support. They checked my details, etc. They then rang be back 30minutes later and asked me to try again with them on the phone. It then worked...

I know that doesn't help, but have you tried ringing them?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 8, 2008, 10:08 PM
EU support is better than the US support D:

Skuda
Feb 8, 2008, 10:21 PM
Is there even a number for US support? If so, it's well hidden.

I'm pretty sure it's just SoA that's dropping the ball here.

If anyone has any successful methods of getting in contact with Sega, please feel free to post them. The more detail the better.

Angelo
Feb 8, 2008, 10:29 PM
You have to jump through so many hoops to get to Sega of America's support.

The only method I've found is to send vague information via the 'report abuse' form.

Then they'll reply back asking for you to be more specific and once you've got them you can ask away.

It's alot like fishing... I wish it were easier...

beatrixkiddo
Feb 8, 2008, 10:31 PM
lol, yeah someone suggested I send in a support ticket and then send in abuse forms saying "check my support ticket!"

>_>