PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone care about S2 ice caves and serpent?

MrNomad
Feb 8, 2008, 12:37 PM
Honestly, I dont find those two missions any fun at all. The first mission is, well I kinda like it, and not because its so short, but it's a cool idea. Take the usual fire vandas and ground bils and make them all ice? Not bad, but the mission is short and not very interesting at all.I want a moatoob ice mission like the absolute zero one in the offline story mode. As for the serpent one...Just boring. Yeah it has vandas all around and shit, but really, another cave mission only all the enemies are lightning? And whats with the "all enemies must be all of one element" BS going on in both missions? Why cant they make a mission that has a good mixture of both, or maybe neutral enemies instead like the other missions? Yeah, I know, colony missions and in some ways the AMF missions do the same thing, but those are understandable, you're fighting the SEED! How do the rest of you feel? I'm currently waiting for them to release the S2 missions for AMF and (hopefully) S3 missions for the originals http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

str898mustang
Feb 8, 2008, 12:41 PM
Good place to level my techs

xeku
Feb 8, 2008, 01:10 PM
Serpent is pretty popular amongst players I know, and I used to solo run the Ice Caves hunting for Shigga Desta's on S (had decent luck finding them.....creating them is another story). I figure the short length of the this level is a plus...
The other advantage is the wide open areas (for either) - lot's of room to move around safely, which makes them fairly simple runs for most any class.
Good for upgrading skills as well.

So, yeah, S2 is fine by me.

Weeaboolits
Feb 8, 2008, 01:12 PM
A stronger De Rol Le? Yes, please.

Andy1423
Feb 8, 2008, 01:20 PM
I like the missions, BUT... I think it's BS that there is no difference in item drops from S rank to S2 rank. I'm mean, COME ON. Why is SEGA mentally challenged when it comes to item drops. Why do they refuse to let the none JP players have some fun.

Don't get me wrong...I love Phantasy Star, but I think it is absolutely ridiculous that SonicTeam hasn't learned from their mistakes.

How many times are they going to RE-Balance item drops before it's not lame?

How long did it take for them to finally have weapons drops with a %?

Are they afraid of giving us too much fun for 10$ a month? WTF

CelestialBlade
Feb 8, 2008, 01:31 PM
Every single cave mission is boring as hell. What sucks is that it tends to be the most re-used map type, especially in story missions.

amtalx
Feb 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
No.

PSUv1 missions are more tempting now. ST has actually done something to address the plight of gunners. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It would seem they can't fuck eveything up.

MSAksion
Feb 8, 2008, 03:09 PM
Its hard to suffer through the same ridiculous level if they all look the same. If i woke up in block 2 of any moatoob mission - unless someone told me i wouldn't be able to tell what mission i was running. There are no "unique features" its all just the same cave reskinned.

And honestly i like VARIETY. I do like the Rouges Shortcut mission - its got all kinds of weird monsters and all 4 basic elemental monsters from moatoob are present - at least i think so. I heard it was rebalanced but no one runs that mission anyway.

As a Force and Ranger i have every element at my disposal but if i'm in lightning beasts i might as well equip 6 earth Wands paired with Resta. Its kinda... predictable. I miss challenges. Throw random monsters at me of all elements so that i never know whats up ahead. Mix up the enemy elements so i bring one of each weapon and try to manage my PP much more efficiently.