PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: GBR mission

BFGfreak
Feb 8, 2008, 04:07 PM
OK, I was doing random missions, and I was doing system defense, anyway, I noticed that below the mini-map, where the stars for the Winter Event used to be, it said "GBR Mission". Now I'm assuming that GBR = Guardians Boost Road, but I thought SEGA said we wern't getting that this week. It makes me wonder if we also got the Rare mission on the 360 side.

Anyways, I was wondering, can someone on the PC/PS2 side confirm that they have the GBR on thier side. Because if there is, Screw Double agito hunting, I'd be hunting for the rare mission.

Oh, here's a picture
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/j/Jordoom/77246/ultutaxgpl.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BFGfreak on 2008-02-08 13:11 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
So 360 has GBR too now? If so I may have to hold back on beating DMC4.... >.>

Love,
Fox Makenshi

jayster
Feb 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
i'm confused, I did system defense today but didn't notice anything... granted I wasn't really paying attention.

Ken_Silver
Feb 8, 2008, 05:28 PM
?!?

In the words of Slippy Toad: "This is starting to tick me off!"

I don't even think Sonic Team knows what update got through and which one didn't. For Real.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
So can anyone else confirm GBR on 360?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

LeMan_Bayon
Feb 8, 2008, 05:42 PM
Here's what's happening to me pasted from another thread:

On 360, that npc didn't say anything to me about the GBR. Also, I cleared System Defense on C and instead of a drop rate increase I got PA experience up 1%. Is this normal?

Ok so I tried it again, this time Desert Terror on B. It gave me PA experience up 2% this time, but I can't figure out how to keep it. The first time I touched the cube and went to the lobby and the boost went away, and the second time I canceled the mission out after the boss and it still went away. How are you supposed to keep doing consecutive runs?

BlueMan
Feb 8, 2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, it happened on Caves of Ice for my party. It said GBR mission through the entire mission, but at the end it said pa experience up 4%.

Mr_Confused
Feb 8, 2008, 06:38 PM
gbr is indeed on the 360 but it appears to be...ahem...glitched ive done runs with it saying GBR mission and it goes up 1% at the end and then dissapears afterward. anybody know where the lady that tells you about it is, so i can check to see if shes working correctly.

chu-chu-chu
Feb 8, 2008, 06:45 PM
lol @ sonic team.

Dragon-Tamer
Feb 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
I've just bn doing a little bit of testing........using system defnce as a tester i found out that the % of the boost is directly related to the rank of the mission you are doing:-
When you compliet a C rank you get a bonus of 1%
When you compliet a B rank you get a bonus of 2%
When you compliet a A rank you get a bonus of 3%
When you compliet a S rank you get a bonus of 4%
When you compliet a S2 rank you get a bonus of 5%

This is true for all of the missions that make-up GBR

As of yet i have not found a way to 'keep' the boost. It just seemes to vanish whenever you enter a mission counter or cancle the mission you are doing.

As for how to keep track of your 'score' on the pc/ps2 severs you talk to the female cast that is inbetween LL and the Hive, but on the 360 servers she doesn't say anything about GBR.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon-Tamer on 2008-02-09 07:53 ]</font>

PekingDuck13
Feb 9, 2008, 11:25 AM
On 2008-02-09 07:45, Dragon-Tamer wrote:
I've just bn doing a little bit of testing........using system defnce as a tester i found out that the % of the boost is directly related to the rank of the mission you are doing:-
When you compliet a C rank you get a bonus of 1%
When you compliet a B rank you get a bonus of 2%
When you compliet a A rank you get a bonus of 3%
When you compliet a S rank you get a bonus of 4%
When you compliet a S2 rank you get a bonus of 5%

This is true for all of the missions that make-up GBR

As of yet i have not found a way to 'keep' the boost. It just seemes to vanish whenever you enter a mission counter or cancle the mission you are doing.

As for how to keep track of your 'score' on the pc/ps2 severs you talk to the female cast that is inbetween LL and the Hive, but on the 360 servers she doesn't say anything about GBR.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon-Tamer on 2008-02-09 07:53 ]</font>

I don't think the boost ever disappears. The total bonus never displays, although you can see how much the total increases by each time you complete a mission. As far as what the boost gives, the text "PA experience" appeared on my screen once, and my party seemed to be leveling their PAs faster than usual. Sorry if this is already widely known.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 9, 2008, 04:34 PM
it is not widely know, that is for sure.

Zero787
Feb 9, 2008, 06:23 PM
Boost road is glitched for the 360 so if you want you can take a break from PSU and play other games. 360's boost road should be ready and fixed on February 15th basically starting the boost road event

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zero787 on 2008-02-09 15:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zero787 on 2008-02-09 15:24 ]</font>

Fresh
Feb 11, 2008, 09:02 AM
Ok i know GBR doesn't work on the 360 servers right now but we still have the mission % at the end and last night it said 3% so im wondering what does that mean if anyone on pc/ps2 could explain it i would appreciate it

EspioKaos
Feb 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
That 3% means that the drop rate for any GBR missions you run will be boosted by 3%. (And in future GBRs, it'll boost whatever the bonus is, such as PA EXP, MP payout, etc.)

Andy1423
Feb 11, 2008, 10:07 AM
So basically 360 gets the % read-out, but we don't actually get that bonus till this fri???

Is it possible for the 360 to get the Forrest of Illusion mission?

Zorak000
Feb 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
not yet >_>

chibiLegolas
Feb 11, 2008, 12:10 PM
So is it better to move the buff parties onto Maotoob when the PA % increases hits? (thinking Valley of Carnage). Or is it not worth it since you'll still gotta earn that PA % increase with your team members. Or hope that the random techers who join, carried over their PA bonuses to contribute for the ever current and rotating buff party?