PDA

View Full Version : AotI: "Music Player" addition to Leader Rights

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 9, 2008, 12:55 AM
Seriously, this would cost almost no effort to program whatsoever. Just add a variable to the code of the "Jukebox" from My Room to appear in the "Leader Rights" window for Ambition of the Illuminus players. It will be the exact same thing: plays music from the disks you placed in your PM. The catch? You need to have your PM with you in order to play the music. This will get people to level up their PM battle levels in the process.

Just a thought.

(So yeah, this is what I wanted to spend my 400th post on. >.>)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-02-08 21:57 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Feb 9, 2008, 12:58 AM
Trick Track on ALL of my missions.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 9, 2008, 01:01 AM
On 2008-02-08 21:58, Omega_Weltall wrote:
Trick Track on ALL of my missions.

Ohhh how badly I would drool to that. I hope they have the Jungle music in here too. ; ;

Feign
Feb 9, 2008, 01:04 AM
And then you'd have people who only have the default room song and Save:Remix. You sure you want to give your party leaders the opportunity to obliterate your sanity with "WEEEE WILL CHOOOSE TOOO FIIIIIGHT"

Or worse...ep1's intro...*shivers*

Altair9272
Feb 9, 2008, 01:34 AM
this was sorta in pso, only all you had to do was use a disc and the music would change

Gemel
Feb 9, 2008, 01:38 AM
I actually like this idea, gotta have some Burning Rangers xD.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 9, 2008, 01:41 AM
On 2008-02-08 22:34, Altair9272 wrote:
this was sorta in pso, only all you had to do was use that wedding music disc and everyone would leave

Fixed.

Altair9272
Feb 9, 2008, 02:04 AM
haha

Spacepest
Feb 9, 2008, 04:07 AM
On 2008-02-08 22:38, Gemel wrote:
I actually like this idea, gotta have some Burning Rangers xD.

Agreed. This IS a good idea.

And I remember always using a Burning Rangers music disc for all my teams in PSO. There was something so fun and relaxing about the Burning Rangers songs for leveling, rare hunting, and monster slaughtering.

Ken_Silver
Feb 9, 2008, 04:42 AM
On 2008-02-08 22:04, Feign wrote:
And then you'd have people who only have the default room song and Save:Remix. You sure you want to give your party leaders the opportunity to obliterate your sanity with "WEEEE WILL CHOOOSE TOOO FIIIIIGHT"

Hey, how'd you know I was going to play that song (version 2)? It's the only one I have though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Epic battle: You vs (insert tough enemy here) while listening to "WEEEE WILL CHOOOSE TOOO FIIIIIGHT!"

So awesome to me... at least. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

darthplagis
Feb 9, 2008, 04:47 AM
well we on 360 actually can do this already....... with custom soundtrack.

ive had PSO soundtrack on my HDD for EVER and whenever times are hard and the game tense out comes burning rangers theme (JP not US version....... it just aint the same), when i wanna calm down its the forest or NIGHTS dreams.

Desecration
Feb 9, 2008, 05:37 AM
On 2008-02-08 22:41, beatrixkiddo wrote:

this was sorta in pso, only all you had to do was use that wedding music disc and everyone would leave

Fixed.

I second that, god i remember those good times on blue burst.......almost killed my speakers...>_>

Crimson_HUmar
Feb 9, 2008, 06:25 AM
Sonic Heroes... lol

I miss "Live and Learn" and "Open your Heart"

remember when it became dangerous to play them and you could get banned?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crimson_HUmar on 2008-02-09 03:26 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Feb 9, 2008, 03:22 PM
*looks at ipod*

/facepalm.

Spacepest
Feb 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
On 2008-02-09 12:22, Reginaldo wrote:
*looks at ipod*

/facepalm.

Hmm, isn't a partner machine almost like a giant Ipod?

And yeah, I can replace the background music on my PC with whatever I want, but it would be more fun to force my entire party to listen to "Burning Rangers".

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Feb 10, 2008, 01:12 AM
On 2008-02-09 12:39, Spacepest wrote:

but it would be more fun to force my entire party to listen to "Burning Rangers".

I second that.

bp_shoruko
Feb 10, 2008, 01:17 AM
I would blacklist the leader as soon as I started to hear that damned prissy ass love song...

RemiusTA
Feb 10, 2008, 01:53 AM
On 2008-02-08 21:55, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Seriously, this would cost almost no effort to program whatsoever. Just add a variable to the code of the "Jukebox" from My Room to appear in the "Leader Rights" window for Ambition of the Illuminus players. It will be the exact same thing: plays music from the disks you placed in your PM. The catch? You need to have your PM with you in order to play the music. This will get people to level up their PM battle levels in the process.

Just a thought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-02-08 21:57 ]</font>

Single best spectulation ive EVER heard come out of this forum.

Someone call Sonic Team please.

SJW89
Feb 10, 2008, 02:04 AM
On 2008-02-08 21:55, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

Just a thought.

SEGA knows how to do the music player, they just won't because...they don't care about the modernistic style of media-based entertainment.

SJW89
Feb 10, 2008, 02:06 AM
On 2008-02-09 01:42, Ken_Silver wrote:

Hey, how'd you know I was going to play that song (version 2)? It's the only one I have though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Epic battle: You vs (insert tough enemy here) while listening to "WEEEE WILL CHOOOSE TOOO FIIIIIGHT!"

So awesome to me... at least. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Not like that song is annoying or anything, since most everyone uses it in their room. Not like anyone gets SICK AND TIRED of hearing that crap.

Noblewine
Feb 10, 2008, 03:02 AM
I like the idea though I wonder if anyone could stand listening to Magas or Laia themes the entire time. Love those two BGM's atm. However I hope sega decides to add Magas's bgm soon because that's my current favorite.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2008-02-10 00:04 ]</font>

Iduno
Feb 10, 2008, 04:21 AM
On 2008-02-09 22:17, bp_shoruko wrote:
I would blacklist the leader as soon as I started to hear that damned prissy ass love song...

I totally agree that song always has me rushing to get out of any room its in

SStrikerR
Feb 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'd shoot anyone who put on burning rangers in my party, and then turn off music and just listen to my dedda swinging.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
That's an excellent idea! It was already done in Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP (you choose which music to hear in each stage and during boss fights). Now if they'd just get some decent music other than Burning Rangers and that Phantasy Star III remix...hell, just give us all the old Phantasy Star songs. Half-minute loops of original dungeon themes are better than most of the crap in PSU.

XDeathX
Feb 10, 2008, 09:07 PM
On 2008-02-09 12:22, Reginaldo wrote:
*looks at ipod*

/facepalm.

OK, go buy an ipod.

Feign
Feb 10, 2008, 10:17 PM
On 2008-02-09 01:42, Ken_Silver wrote:

Heck, I've got the Remix on my jukebox, but I only play it for a little bit at a time. The beat is nice, but it doesn't fit my room (Eastern Black). Prior good suggestions would be allowing only level/boss music to be selectable, and adding in all of PSO's tracks.

Honestly, how effing awesome was it to hear Tricktrack on the rare map pop for Winter Event...

Having a music selection option would ruin that nostalgia, as every turkey-jiving crack-HUme would be playing good songs to death.

No offense to you turkey-jiving crack-hoomahns...

Mystil
Feb 10, 2008, 11:26 PM
On 2008-02-08 22:41, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Fixed.

No kidding. People would use that damn disc all the time >:/.

Sha Sha
Feb 11, 2008, 12:09 AM
Ha ha i would use that crazy carnval music from the rappy quest from PSO lol just for fun, but what about music from PSO ep3? that had good music too!

Nai_Calus
Feb 11, 2008, 12:42 AM
No, no, no and god no.

PSO was tolerable because if someone put on a shitty disc, you could have disc fights and use your own disc to counter it.

PSU's music is shitty in general and most of it makes my ears bleed. There's like two songs from it I can stand. I've got PSO music playing in my room, and it's so much nicer, I'm sure, for anyone visiting. Good old Rose Confession.

Plus every moron and their mother would be playing that god-awful AoI opening that fails even worse than the original version of Save This World.

Though I would be immune by default. I hate PSU's music so much I turned that shit off ages ago and just have SE on, and have winamp running. XP

D1ABOLIK
Feb 11, 2008, 01:03 AM
On 2008-02-10 21:42, Ian-KunX wrote:
No, no, no and god no.

PSO was tolerable because if someone put on a shitty disc, you could have disc fights and use your own disc to counter it.

PSU's music is shitty in general and most of it makes my ears bleed. There's like two songs from it I can stand. I've got PSO music playing in my room, and it's so much nicer, I'm sure, for anyone visiting. Good old Rose Confession.

Plus every moron and their mother would be playing that god-awful AoI opening that fails even worse than the original version of Save This World.

Though I would be immune by default. I hate PSU's music so much I turned that shit off ages ago and just have SE on, and have winamp running. XP

I was gonna say the same thing but then seen you already posted what i wanted to say. So my answer would be, please god no.

Shardio
Feb 11, 2008, 07:20 AM
If you already have your music turned off, why be against the music player?
You make no sense there.
For the ones that do have their music on, they probably enjoy PSU's music (I personally do), so adding the music player would not be a bad idea.
And well, Tricktrack... it sounds good, yes, but it does so in its context of spaceship-y-ness. Like the Linear Line, but not every god damn stage.

Sekani
Feb 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
The more I read about people's musical preferences, the more I'm convinced that this idea would suck.

Andy1423
Feb 11, 2008, 11:44 AM
RUINES!!!

Ken_Silver
Feb 11, 2008, 01:53 PM
I like PSU's mucis overall. Nothing wrong with it in the end. A song or two does tick you off but that's it. I'd want this and it would probably get me to play during the "off seasons." I can listen to music that I like and level up at the same time.

If I was leader expect to hear whatever PSU song I have and some of the PSO songs. Chances are that in most parties you won't hear songs from anywhere else because of the whole "never played that far back" issue.

And if burning rangers is the song that was in PSO, during the burning Ragol forest, my roommates and anyone around me would die. That's good cause they annoy me anyhow XD Then I can play PSU in peace.

The song that would kill someone is the song they played in the club during thw 1up cup. Now that was horrible!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

AngelofEnders
Feb 11, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-02-11 07:55, Sekani wrote:
The more I read about people's musical preferences, the more I'm convinced that this idea would suck.