PDA

View Full Version : Clans

Altair9272
Feb 9, 2008, 02:41 AM
How nice would it be if they introduced an actual clan or guild system? Then added a battle mode, and held tournaments with special prizes for the winners. Damnit Sega do I have to think of everything myself?!

Danger_Girl
Feb 9, 2008, 02:48 AM
Personally one of the things I like about this game is the absence of any need to be in a clan or guild.

galaxy
Feb 9, 2008, 02:59 AM
i agree, its nice not to NEED to be in a clan...
but think of some of the awesome things you could do with one:

you could have a giant "guild room" of sorts, with a special guild shop, room decs only placeable in special guild rooms. also, you could have direct access to missions or mission lobbies from your guild room depending on whether your guild has completed certain tasks.

you could also have guild competitions, duels, special guild missions that resemble event missions, guild outfits, so much potential.

Ashkahn
Feb 9, 2008, 03:04 AM
*Cough* GuildWars *Cough*

RACast_Raiden
Feb 9, 2008, 03:11 AM
On 2008-02-08 23:41, Altair9272 wrote:
How nice would it be if they introduced an actual clan or guild system? Then added a battle mode, and held tournaments with special prizes for the winners. Damnit Sega do I have to think of everything myself?!

Ok genius...

Ken_Silver
Feb 9, 2008, 04:44 AM
I dunno...

Once I see the "Hidden Leaf Village" and "Soul Society" clans appear, I'm making a beeline for the exit! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Altair9272
Feb 9, 2008, 05:30 AM
there could always be someone to monitor clan names lol make sure they're original

EMPYREAN
Feb 9, 2008, 05:37 AM
meh, psu has no need for that. its a too small game for that.

Raine_Loire
Feb 9, 2008, 06:58 AM
lol giant guild room...

Someone's been playing too much .hack/gu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 9, 2008, 07:04 AM
To hell with being original, if they ever did add a guild feature (which I don't see happening any time soon, but it might since PSO had one in BB, I think), I'd name mine Jag G!

Edit: Also anyone who knows what that's from deserves a cookie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-02-09 04:04 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 9, 2008, 07:17 AM
So you'd see a few Naruto and Bleach guilds pop up. You'll see that ANYWHERE there's a guild system, there's even a few unofficial PSU ones I think. It would be nice to have the feature. You don't need a guild now, why would you need one if they added the feature? It's just another cool OPTION to have.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

strikershadow
Feb 9, 2008, 07:35 AM
the reason pso and psu is/was so great is because its not like anything on the market. i would have to see guilds because like posted above you would have all these little 10 year old kids who play this god damn game running around with cartoon clan names. and the jack asses of the internet would come out of the wood work. then there would be a bunch of clans strictly on what race you play like a cast clan and what not. and then not just that but to get in any kind of good clan that would actually help you would have to be level 120 or have other limited stuff. im not looking to play WoW, im not looking to play guild wars. i hope final fantasy 11 shuts down soon. i want to play PSU.

also all you really need to do is make a few friends online which isnt hard, and just make a party when everyones on. thats the beauty of this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I do hope they add in arenas and PVP... i just hope its on universe 18 or they make a special universe for it...

MSAksion
Feb 9, 2008, 02:54 PM
Hey nothing wrong with a close knit group of friends who call themselves a silly name. People already have websites with photos and chat room and email and message board style private boards already. If the game doesn't have it people will still go outside the game to set up a Guild System.

I think its kinda neat - to have your own website and myspace and other "oh these are my friends" type show off style page. But unless EVERYONE knew the website you really would only be sharing that site with your friends.

I figure PSO-world is good enough - its public and not exclusive. The whole PSU community visits here and can see pics of your friends whenever they want. And theres a pretty good team management system here too. Just not in the game - and we dont NEED one. Its nice though. But not NEEDED.

GaNksTa
Feb 9, 2008, 03:02 PM
On 2008-02-09 03:58, Raine_Loire wrote:
lol giant guild room...

Someone's been playing too much .hack/gu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ha! I was thinking the same thing as well.. thought I have only seen ROOTS; Brother sold the PS2.

KaiNova7
Feb 10, 2008, 06:53 AM
Clan/guild system is not a must I agree.Customized clans exist now,but an official option would'nt hurt.Either way is OK with me.

DEM_CIG
Feb 10, 2008, 09:04 AM
a guild/ clan is a good thought, but there is no point now since the game has been out for like 2 years... I wouldnt care if there were clans/ guilds, but putting that function in the game now there would be no point...

slipknot
Feb 10, 2008, 10:26 AM
lets put it this way on PSO on xbox everyone was a dick and if we have it on PSU and have PVP we are so FUCKED. everyone is going to have some of the most big ass PO's EVER. and dont forget SPAM

AC9breaker
Feb 10, 2008, 10:32 AM
I'd totallt join the Penis clan. (*'-') They would have such an awesome Clan Tag. 8======D

dudeanonymous
Feb 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
i have my setup thats nice I don't really have a guild it's too small its more of a squad called SoF you are welcome to join our little circle if you like I plan on holding events again as soon as I make some moneys...

edit:if they do add a system they better get rid of PvP...like that one guy said just competitions like time to complete missions and such and a leaderboard kind of thing...that would be pretty fun...you and all your PSU buddies competeing to get a good time completeing some task. And I think that guild clothes would be sweet and since I have the start of a guild I'd be set...but I do agree if PvP was what the guilds were centered around...it would suck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dudeanonymous on 2008-02-10 07:40 ]</font>

Kanore
Feb 10, 2008, 10:40 AM
We don't need clans or guilds. Sonic Team made a good decision from the transition from BB to PSU when they got rid of the Team system.

superdood22
Feb 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
Guilds were hilarious, Im looking forward to having 5 clan members trying to jay me in vs mode. Ill fuck a bitch up.

RemiusTA
Feb 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
On 2008-02-09 04:35, strikershadow wrote:
the reason pso and psu is/was so great is because its not like anything on the market. i would have to see guilds because like posted above you would have all these little 10 year old kids who play this god damn game running around with cartoon clan names.

People do this with their CHARACTER names.

Guys, stop being so negitive. You find the stupidest reasons to blow off a new feature and you complain about how repetitive the game gets.

I mean GOD, you dont want clan names because you dont want to see the word [Akatsuki] floating over someone's head?

Oh, but you dont complain about the 100 million "Sephiroth"'s , Final Fantasy and Japanese knockoff names when nobody who plays this game is fucking japanese.

Edit: And yes, i know i just offended 90 percent of this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-10 08:47 ]</font>

Altair9272
Feb 11, 2008, 01:46 AM
see i've caught alot of heat online for my name altair, cuz apparently its from assassin's creed...but i never played assassin's creed so i thought i was just making the name up...just goes to show that there are such things as coincidences

DRO
Feb 11, 2008, 02:26 AM
IM STARTING A PK CLAN!SOUL DROP BITHEZ!!

GuardianElite
Feb 11, 2008, 02:56 AM
On 2008-02-10 08:46, RemiusTA wrote:

On 2008-02-09 04:35, strikershadow wrote:
the reason pso and psu is/was so great is because its not like anything on the market. i would have to see guilds because like posted above you would have all these little 10 year old kids who play this god damn game running around with cartoon clan names.

People do this with their CHARACTER names.

Guys, stop being so negitive. You find the stupidest reasons to blow off a new feature and you complain about how repetitive the game gets.

I mean GOD, you dont want clan names because you dont want to see the word [Akatsuki] floating over someone's head?

Oh, but you dont complain about the 100 million "Sephiroth"'s , Final Fantasy and Japanese knockoff names when nobody who plays this game is fucking japanese.

Edit: And yes, i know i just offended 90 percent of this forum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-02-10 08:47 ]</font>

yeah well Im one of the 90% does having little asian in ya count?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-11 00:00 ]</font>