PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: AOI(Not that great of a deal after all?)

Saligun
Feb 9, 2008, 11:26 AM
Now that AOI has been out awhile i'm getting the sence that SEGAs idea to make AOI a online only download for XBOX360 is starting to become a unpopular one,sure at half the price you may have got a deal but without any offline ability to play AOI you lose the chance to play through the game solo and the story mode is a solo mission anyway,The PS2 crowd may just have gotten the better end of this deal.

BTW...XBOX360's had the extra mode for the main reason of having you be able to make a character for AOI as a head start(offline)but sega just made extra mode meaningless by leaving out a offline option in the xbox360 version,so much for half price deals.

So here's the question...
Do you now want a offline option now or are you still satisfied with your half price AOI download?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2008-02-09 08:28 ]</font>

JarinKail
Feb 9, 2008, 11:31 AM
I predict this will not end well.

McLaughlin
Feb 9, 2008, 12:02 PM
I have Story Mode online, I don't need it offline. If I wasn't playing online, I wouldn't have PSU.

RACast_Raiden
Feb 9, 2008, 12:07 PM
get the PC/PS2 version to play offline...problem solved.

RemiusTA
Feb 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
I guess they just figured if you were able to download AotI then you are able to pay just as easily.

Ep.2 is online as well. If you can go online with AotI then theres no reason to play offline.

McLaughlin
Feb 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
On 2008-02-09 09:09, RemiusTA wrote:
Ep.2 is online as well. If you can go online with AotI then theres no reason to play offline.

Bingo.

SubstanceD
Feb 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
If the X-Box 360 version of PSU:AOI had an offline mode I would bought/downloaded that instead of getting the PS2 version. Having said that now that I have played the PS2 version for a few weeks I can honestly say that ( at least for offline gameplay ) that the PS2 version of PSU: AOI doesn't feel inferior to PSU on the 360, it's actauuly an amazing port.

Somewhere down the line Sega might release an in store retail version of PSU: AOI for the 360. Look at Oblivion, at first Shiving Isle ( or whatever it was called ) was download only and now you can buy it in any game store.

Addark
Feb 9, 2008, 03:56 PM
It doesn't bother me any considering I never play offline.

Anduril
Feb 9, 2008, 04:05 PM
It would have been nice to have AotI Offline, but I'm okay with the fact that it's not since, in my opinion, chopping off half the price is a nice trade off.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 10, 2008, 02:21 AM
I think it sucks. I have considered buying a PS2 just for the offline content but i hate the controllers. I really wish they would release AOTI with the offline content on 360 but it must be on disc format cause MS's DRM policys are ridiculous. I would gladly pay 40 instead of 20 for a disc with the content. Thats just me but, if i had the AOTI offline content i would most likely cancel my online sub. I only pay for the content.

3nascar3fan3
Feb 10, 2008, 02:29 AM
i would buy the disk if they ever release it just for the fact that i dont have to go to the original psu start page first and reload aoti and watch the opening credits that you cant skip through (like every other game you can) oh plus i would get the memory on my hard drive back too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Saligun
Feb 12, 2008, 06:42 PM
Now there's idea,i wonder if you would be able to skip the FMV after you get sick of watching it for the 100s time.

DEM_CIG
Feb 12, 2008, 06:46 PM
I dont care anyway... i like just playing online

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 12, 2008, 11:03 PM
"XBOX360 is starting to become a unpopular one"

You are wrong. Fact.

xjustsumloser
Feb 12, 2008, 11:49 PM
I really dont care that I didn't get the extra few cutscenes. I've already watched them on youtube, they are a nice addition but not worth the extra cash. I dont play offline anyways, I went through story mode and that was enough, extra mode is a joke. I already have Episode 2 online anyways, why would I want it offline and have to play a new character that is starved for content?

20 bucks for AOI, great deal.
Sonic team not giving us what we paid for, terrible.

EngelBlut
Feb 13, 2008, 12:03 AM
we dont need an offline.. offline is for nubs who are to cheap to play the online

mvffin
Feb 13, 2008, 12:31 AM
I only played offline when it was maintenance hours. now I just sleep,

lol

Saligun
Feb 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
On 2008-02-12 21:03, EngelBlut wrote:
we dont need an offline.. offline is for nubs who are to cheap to play the online

Now this sounds a bit like a flame to me,Who are you to call anyone who only plays offline CHEAP.Maybe they can't go online,you think of that,Huh?Anyway with no offline option on the xbox360 their left with no way to play AOI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2008-02-15 13:40 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
Feb 15, 2008, 07:07 PM
Only reason i wanted to play AoI offlline is to get into the story a little earlier and to see some of the other weapons we haven't as of yet seen. Most people who play on the 360 play it online anyways

APEXi
Feb 15, 2008, 07:36 PM
i just want the achievements to actually, y'know... count.

Rasputin
Feb 15, 2008, 11:30 PM
On 2008-02-09 12:01, SubstanceD wrote:
If the X-Box 360 version of PSU:AOI had an offline mode I would bought/downloaded that instead of getting the PS2 version. Having said that now that I have played the PS2 version for a few weeks I can honestly say that ( at least for offline gameplay ) that the PS2 version of PSU: AOI doesn't feel inferior to PSU on the 360, it's actauuly an amazing port.

Somewhere down the line Sega might release an in store retail version of PSU: AOI for the 360. Look at Oblivion, at first Shiving Isle ( or whatever it was called ) was download only and now you can buy it in any game store.

Isn't the 360 version technically the port, since this thing was originally developed for PS2?

Sekani
Feb 16, 2008, 01:09 AM
On 2008-02-15 13:39, Saligun wrote:

Now this sounds a bit like a flame to me,Who are you to call anyone who only plays offline CHEAP.Maybe they can't go online,you think of that,Huh?Anyway with no offline option on the xbox360 their left with no way to play AOI.

Anyone who can't play games online has no business buying an Xbox 360. True story.

Though I honestly have no idea how you've managed to play nothing but the demo for months.

AlliThePally
Feb 16, 2008, 01:15 AM
I could care less about the offline I still havent even finished the episode one Missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

D1ABOLIK
Feb 16, 2008, 01:36 AM
On 2008-02-15 22:09, Sekani wrote:
Anyone who can't play games online has no business buying an Xbox 360. True story.

Who are you to judge that. You shouldnt be required to be online to fully enjoy a video game system. Did you know that over 50% of 360's purchased have never been online?? More are used offline only than are used for online. There are still tons of people that cannot get online. Should that mean they are not allowed to enjoy games they love cause of restrictions?? Your statement is ludicrous. My best friend loves PSU but cannot get a connection. He was so excited for the expansion and so bummed when he realized he gets nothing. All he can play is extra mode. Have you ever played extra mode?? Sega completely neglected these people and its unfair.

Sekani
Feb 16, 2008, 09:04 AM
Why would any sane person spend $400 on a game system knowing full well that they can't take advantage of most of what it has to offer? That's stupid, no matter how you try to rationalize it. If someone's console isn't online at the present time but they have every intention to changing that in the future, then that's not stupid, just unfortunate.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 16, 2008, 01:26 PM
On 2008-02-16 06:04, Sekani wrote:
Why would any sane person spend $400 on a game system knowing full well that they can't take advantage of most of what it has to offer? That's stupid, no matter how you try to rationalize it. If someone's console isn't online at the present time but they have every intention to changing that in the future, then that's not stupid, just unfortunate.

You do realize that some people do not want to play online also though right? Online gaming is way over rated anyways. Xbox live is way over rated. Especially with their horribly unfair DRM policies on downloaded content. I read your thread about soloing. I think we play this game for different reasons. You seem to play it for human "interaction". I only play it because i love the game, not to mingle. Like i said in the other thread, if they made all the content available offline- i would cancel my subscription in a heartbeat. Thats the only reason i pay per month, to "rent" the content, not play with people. The people i want to play this game with live with me. So until offline split screen i will be soloing.

sayein0
Feb 16, 2008, 03:21 PM
SO let me ger this straight. We can play story mode ONLINE with customised avatars and still get the acheivments??

sayein0
Feb 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
engelblut ur a ignorant pr**k, some people actually can't afford to pay 7 pound a month. I'm just about to go online

XenithFlare
Feb 16, 2008, 03:42 PM
Yeeaahhh... maybe some people aren't fond of the attitudes commonly found online? I can personally vouch for the fact that I've heard racist 12-year-olds screaming into their mics on every 360 game I've played online. Offline play may not be available to some people, but it may also be a choice; I could certainly live without it on my 360 (hell, in general if it weren't for PSU).

Spending $400 on a console because you like playing video games is justification enough; there's no reason you should HAVE to play the games online to enjoy them. I'm a firm believer that offline modes should offer plenty of content (obviously not as much as an online mode, due to updates) for those who simply don't like the online community or can't get internet. I have yet to see a developer offer that, though Crackdown was a decent attempt.

XCOPY
Feb 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
I was actually going to get AOI....until we found out it was an online-only thing at least on the 360 side. I had cancelled long ago, and AOI was the only thing that could've resurrected my love for this game....it looked like what PSU should've been in the first place...or at least something close enough to the huge potential I had in mind. I'd also rather pay full price for an actual disc version.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 17, 2008, 06:11 AM
On 2008-02-16 15:08, XCOPY wrote:
I was actually going to get AOI....until we found out it was an online-only thing at least on the 360 side. I had cancelled long ago, and AOI was the only thing that could've resurrected my love for this game....it looked like what PSU should've been in the first place...or at least something close enough to the huge potential I had in mind. I'd also rather pay full price for an actual disc version.

Yeah disc ftw. I hate downloading anything off of XBL. Their DRM is a *****. I really hope sega releases this in disc format with offline content for 360 users. I would pay 40 bucks for it even though i already spent 20 on download. Clear up some HD space also.

Saligun
Feb 17, 2008, 10:28 PM
I wonder if sega would add offline to PSU AOI if enough people wanted it now?

D1ABOLIK
Feb 18, 2008, 12:10 AM
On 2008-02-17 19:28, Saligun wrote:
I wonder if sega would add offline to PSU AOI if enough people wanted it now?

I emailed them and got a response stating- "We have had many request for this content from 360 users. At this time we have no plans to release the content on the 360, but may put together something in the future." *crosses fingers* Please Sega!!

Saligun
Feb 18, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'll bet if enough people where willing to spend another 20 bucks on it,Then they probley would do it.

Zorak000
Feb 18, 2008, 05:29 PM
random statement: many developers are seeing online play as the wave of the future, and are attempting to either:
add online options like DLC, co-op, or the dreaded "microtransactions" ( where rich ppl > poor/cheap ppl)
focus solely on online multiplayer

anyway, I played ep1 offline only to get an easy 1000 gamerscore. and I am glad I did not pay for something I will never use. why should I play offline where nobody sees/cares about what I have done when I can play online with my ppl and we can interact with each other?
I say, I got what I payed for ang got what I wanted with nothing more.

Pillar
Feb 18, 2008, 07:33 PM
F/// story mode.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 19, 2008, 01:34 AM
On 2008-02-18 14:29, Zorak000 wrote:
why should I play offline where nobody sees/cares about what I have done
Facepalm at this statement. Who cares if people see/care what you have done?? Why do you care??? I would love to play offline as would alot of other people. You should play for love of the game. Not so other people see/care what you or doing, or just to socialize with people.

tailz
Feb 19, 2008, 02:20 AM
On 2008-02-18 22:34, D1ABOLIK wrote:

On 2008-02-18 14:29, Zorak000 wrote:
why should I play offline where nobody sees/cares about what I have done
Facepalm at this statement. Who cares if people see/care what you have done?? Why do you care??? I would love to play offline as would alot of other people. You should play for love of the game. Not so other people see/care what you or doing, or just to socialize with people.

well i read everything in this topic and so far ive agreed with everything you've said up until this point... i absolutely love offline play, and would gladly pay 40$ for a disk with offline content... offline lets me speed through the game and try out all kinds of new stuff way before it gets released online... the only problem is, the offline modes we have now are HORRIBLY BROKEN
keep in mind, ive had this since day one, ive logged somewhere around 2500+ hours and have 9 capped characters total (1 story, 4 extra, 4 online)... so i definitely know all i need to know about the game... offline is quick, easy, and fun... but wont last incredibly long...
i used to play it all the time, during updates and stuff mostly, sometimes just for fun... but it gets to a point where i cant really do anything to improve

for example, my techer offline has a full pallet of 10/10 uransaras and another pallet of 10/10 granarods, all spells 21+ and 60% har-senbas of every element... what else is there?

thats where online comes in - i love the game for many reasons, one being i can put a lot of time and effort into something, and i can show it to people when i get it... i remember getting one of the first black hearts when they were released back before bruce runs lol and i really got a good feeling when people said they thought it was cool and congratulated me for finding it cuz i knew how frikkin long it took to find http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
of course, most people made fun of my new smell lines lol
but thats beside the point

i would still love to be able to play when i cant connect... i do a lot of moving around, and i hate when i cant play this cuz i dont have a connection, and PSUv1 offline just doesnt appeal much anymore...

if offline PSU were like offline PSO (especially split screen!!), this game would be perfect... but right now, if offline AoI is like PSUv1, i guarantee i could cap everything and have a perfect pallet in no more than 2 weeks (longer because its LV100-200 instead of 1-100)
and im not bragging - its just plain easy

save/fail/reload ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saligun
Feb 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
It's looking bad for those of us who want the AOI content for offline play,I mean how hard could it be to make the current AOI data offline useable anyway?

D1ABOLIK
Feb 24, 2008, 12:42 AM
I do agree with that Tailz. Its cool when you work so hard for something and your friend congratulate you on it. I just dont like people that specifically want items just so they can feel like they are better than everyone and rub it in peoples faces. I also agree as much as i want offline mode, i want it more like PSO. It should be harder than offline PSU V.1 was, and NEEDS to have offline split screen!!!

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 24, 2008, 08:18 AM
On 2008-02-15 22:36, D1ABOLIK wrote:

Did you know that over 50% of 360's purchased have never been online?? More are used offline only than are used for online.

1.I'll need some proof on those numbers, I think you're just pulling them out of your ass personally.

2.I couldn't care less about not getting offline AotI. I made myself play through offline for the story and made a character in extra mode that I played on maybe...3 times. Sure it's a nice feature for people offline but if you play online there's no point. You can get PA frags for doing those same story missions online.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2008-02-24 05:19 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Feb 24, 2008, 01:31 PM
On 2008-02-24 05:18, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

On 2008-02-15 22:36, D1ABOLIK wrote:

Did you know that over 50% of 360's purchased have never been online?? More are used offline only than are used for online.

1.I'll need some proof on those numbers, I think you're just pulling them out of your ass personally.

2.I couldn't care less about not getting offline AotI. I made myself play through offline for the story and made a character in extra mode that I played on maybe...3 times. Sure it's a nice feature for people offline but if you play online there's no point. You can get PA frags for doing those same story missions online.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2008-02-24 05:19 ]</font>
It was on Xbox.com but removed now. It was an article sayin how MS wants to push online gaming more. Article stated that-in comparison to xbox 360 units sold, there are less than half the amount of xbox live enabled gamertags. Meaning that even if there is only one online tag per console,( which most online consoles have a couple), it is still less than 50% of the units sold that have ever connected to xbox live. I want the offline for these people. I would love to play it also. Somehow i think MS is behind us not getting this content. I know some people dont want it, but you wouldnt have to buy it. You could keep your online only DL for 20 bucks. Personally i would run to gamestop that day and drop 40 on it even though i already paid 20 for DL.

ThEoRy
Feb 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
The offline portion of the ps2 ver. has already been played, it's just a rehash with a few voices added in there. worth 20$ extra? not in my book.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 24, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-02-24 10:44, ThEoRy wrote:
The offline portion of the ps2 ver. has already been played, it's just a rehash with a few voices added in there. worth 20$ extra? not in my book.

I know alot of people feel that way but the great part is cause you have the DL you wouldnt have to buy it. I have a friend that got a 360 on launch and has never had it online. He loves PSO and we only played that offline. He loves PSU but thinks there is not enough to the disc. And was so excited for the expansion only to find out its online only. PSU could be as great as PSO was offline if they put out all the content, made it harder to level, and made meseta payout less. Besides split screen though cause i dont think they will ever do that with PSU.

Sekani
Feb 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
More like PSO + Offline + Spilt screen multiplayer = Gamecube version.

You could be playing that instead of constantly complaining about things that will never happen.

Honey_Bot
Feb 24, 2008, 02:37 PM
i would assume only the hardcore PSO nerd would want to play the offline mode. people like myself who got the game for the online mode stand on the side of "it really doesn't matter" i still payed half the price so i guess what's really going on here is a poor attempt to start a PC/PS2 is better than 360 thread. and so i say "WoW".

Saligun
Feb 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
I started this thread and i'm only asking why doesn't this new content get offered to all type of system users the same way with both offline and online options,Why should us Xbox 360 players get stuck with only half the game,We should have the same chance as the PC/PS2 people to play this game either way as well...

McLaughlin
Feb 24, 2008, 11:19 PM
Because chances are you're the only one who wants it. I know I sure as hell don't want to play through it again. And if I was suddenly inclined to punish my brain, I can do it Online for free.

EDIT: Nice necro-bump.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2008-02-24 20:20 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Feb 25, 2008, 12:07 AM
On 2008-02-24 11:10, Sekani wrote:
More like PSO + Offline + Spilt screen multiplayer = Gamecube version.

You could be playing that instead of constantly complaining about things that will never happen.

Im not complaining about it, i just really wish we had it. For myself and others. I want sega to understand there is a market for it on the 360 and to take care of their customers who are not connected. The great thing is if you did not want it you would not have to buy it. The only one i see constantly complaining in this thread is you. You dont want it. We get it. Other people do. Get over it. I + others would buy it, you + others wouldnt. Thats all there is to it. Why does it piss you off so much that people do want this???

Sekani
Feb 25, 2008, 12:55 AM
It pisses me off that you make so damn many posts about wanting it, especially this far after the game's been released.

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
In this day and age, if you don't want to play Online you really shouldn't have a 360.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 25, 2008, 03:06 PM
On 2008-02-25 04:22, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
In this day and age, if you don't want to play Online you really shouldn't have a 360.

Thats a ridiculous statement. People spend their own money on the system they want. To enjoy it how they want. Like i said you guys wouldnt have to buy it. Some people would. Not everyone has internet.

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2008, 04:22 PM
I don't see the draw to this game's Offline at all. Not everyone has 5 gigs of HDD space to throw away on content they'd never play either.

Billkwando
Feb 25, 2008, 06:41 PM
Besides, don't we 360ers have the bonus of PA frags for doing story missions?

Edit: I see now I stepped into a bawwww-fest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Billkwando on 2008-02-25 15:59 ]</font>

josher_09
Feb 25, 2008, 10:42 PM
IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE OFFLINE WITH THIS GAME SINCE DREAMCAST ITS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT THE ONLINE AND THE ONLINE IS WHAT MAKES THIS GAME GREAT WHY WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE OFFLINE AND WHEN YOUR ONLINE YOU GET THE SAME GAMEPLAY MINUS THE LAME CUT SCENES

zakuman
Feb 25, 2008, 11:05 PM
I think folks are getting a bit off topic here. Topic was, is AOI not that great of a deal. Honestly the whole game is a money sucking pit. AOI is just more added bulls#!t. I got AOI to play the vintage levels.... which to my knowledge still aren't available online. If they are, there's some round about way to access them. They release the content so sparingly, and honestly most of it should already be available. They're not really releasing new content, they're just unlocking what's already on the game. Somebody needs to hack the s#!t out of this game, because... bottom line what they're doing is some fake @$$ bulls#!t.

And please..... stop bringing Sega's name into this. It's Sonic Team.

So yeah, in my opinion.... no AOI is not worth a dime. I'm sorry I bought it. I'd be even more pissed if I wasted $40 on it. PSO was sooooooooo much better than this game. At least they allowed you to play all the levels online.

ilovetypemoon
Feb 25, 2008, 11:25 PM
On 2008-02-25 20:05, zakuman wrote:
I think folks are getting a bit off topic here. Topic was, is AOI not that great of a deal. Honestly the whole game is a money sucking pit. AOI is just more added bulls#!t. I got AOI to play the vintage levels.... which to my knowledge still aren't available online. If they are, there's some round about way to access them. They release the content so sparingly, and honestly most of it should already be available. They're not really releasing new content, they're just unlocking what's already on the game. Somebody needs to hack the s#!t out of this game, because... bottom line what they're doing is some fake @$$ bulls#!t.

And please..... stop bringing Sega's name into this. It's Sonic Team.

So yeah, in my opinion.... no AOI is not worth a dime. I'm sorry I bought it. I'd be even more pissed if I wasted $40 on it. PSO was sooooooooo much better than this game. At least they allowed you to play all the levels online.

Shoo, be gone with you.

JarinKail
Feb 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
On 2008-02-25 13:22, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I don't see the draw to this game's Offline at all. Not everyone has 5 gigs of HDD space to throw away on content they'd never play either.

Key word: "I"

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2008, 03:23 PM
As the poll indicates, the majority don't care. I don't think the majority wants to pay an extra 20 bucks because the minority, for one reason or another, isn't going to play online.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 26, 2008, 04:48 PM
As though the majority actually posts here and answers the polls.

Me, I would have loved to pay half price to avoid the bullshit offline mode since I play online (I'm PC/PS2 and don't even have a 360). But, I would like to see the option for 360 users to have a separate download for offline, due to the fact that some people actually like to play this piece of shit offline and most likely enjoy it. To those who only play online, you still don't have to pay that damn extra $20. There is nothing wrong with that.

Saligun
Feb 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
I wonder if this is just sega way of saying it doesn't think it's worth the effort to give the xbox 360 players the best of both worlds.I know i spend lots of my hard earned dough of xbox 360 games,MS points and extras for my system yet in the end it still not enough to rate the option to play AOI both on or offline.

Saligun
Mar 8, 2008, 02:53 PM
This topic can't be allowed to go the way of the dinosaur just yet,There's still may of you who still might want to vote on this topic and chime in with your yea or nay on why or why not there should be PSU(AOI)content offered.

D1ABOLIK
Mar 9, 2008, 12:23 AM
On 2008-02-26 20:12, Saligun wrote:
I wonder if this is just sega way of saying it doesn't think it's worth the effort to give the xbox 360 players the best of both worlds.I know i spend lots of my hard earned dough of xbox 360 games,MS points and extras for my system yet in the end it still not enough to rate the option to play AOI both on or offline.

I agree. I have considered buying a PS2 just so i can play this offline. But i really just want to play it on my 360.

Qreg
Mar 9, 2008, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't have downloaded the 360 version without offline. I have the PC version and played online for a bit over a month. I don't like MMOs and this one didn't change my mind. Frankly I resent the idea that you must be cheap to play only offline. What if you just don't think that online is worth 10 bucks a month? I realize that allot of people don't like the offline mode but I see it as a sort-of 3D Diablo. It may not be the most advanced game on the market but it's fun. That's gotta count for something.

-Tidus_415-
Mar 9, 2008, 03:38 PM
Dont you people realize how easy, short and limited offline mode is? It's not worth it at all.

superjay779
Mar 9, 2008, 03:51 PM
I think it sucks that my offline character is rotting away while I could have had him getting new weapons like the chainsaw and stuff before it comes out online

Sekani
Mar 9, 2008, 04:39 PM
On 2008-03-08 11:53, Saligun wrote:
This topic can't be allowed to go the way of the dinosaur just yet,There's still may of you who still might want to vote on this topic and chime in with your yea or nay on why or why not there should be PSU(AOI)content offered.

Take it to the official forums already. Start an e-mail campaign to Sega or something. As far as I'm concerned this discussion needs to be put out of its fucking misery once and for all.

Saligun
Mar 9, 2008, 07:40 PM
Sekani...This is the OFFICAL PSU forum,but if it's not
please enlighten us with your great knowledge on this topic some more,since you seem to be the sites expert on online PSU and offical flamer of those of us who like to play xbox 360 games offline as well ...I have read no law that requires those of us who own a 360 to play everything ONLINE ONLY!!!

This thread my get locked because of this BUT i've had it with this crap that,that anyone who owns a 360 and doesn't play online game with it,has just wasted their money.

SORRY about my rather unkind statements above,it just frustration to think that xbox360 owners where not even worthy of having the option to get a AOI(offline)option.fin.

McLaughlin
Mar 9, 2008, 08:04 PM
On 2008-03-09 13:12, Qreg wrote:
I wouldn't have downloaded the 360 version without offline. I have the PC version and played online for a bit over a month. I don't like MMOs and this one didn't change my mind. Frankly I resent the idea that you must be cheap to play only offline. What if you just don't think that online is worth 10 bucks a month? I realize that allot of people don't like the offline mode but I see it as a sort-of 3D Diablo. It
may not be the most advanced game on the market but it's fun. That's gotta count for something.

If you don't think the online is worth 10 bucks a month how can you justify paying 40 (fifty for all us "cheated" 360 players) bucks for the offline portion, that you can get maybe 40 hours out of before you've run out of content?

40/40 is 10 bucks an hour. You can pay 10 bucks an hour, while I pay 10 bucks a month.

And Saligun, not only is this NOT the Official PSU forum, necro-bumping is against the Terms of Service. This should have been locked the first time you did it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2008-03-09 18:07 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Mar 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
On 2008-03-09 13:38, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Dont you people realize how easy, short and limited offline mode is? It's not worth it at all.

Thats so true. Story mode is soo boring theres no one to talk to like online... it suxs.