PDA

View Full Version : AotI: I finally got my 360 with PSU (and Ambition of the Ill

Infiniteque
Feb 9, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone.

It's been a really long time since I've posted here, but better late than never right?

I've finally obtained an XBox 360 as of today (about an hour or so ago) and my first played game is PSU. Majiteque makes his triumphant return to the online world of Phantasy Star! ...more than a year late, but whatever!

So, firstly--what are the most important things for me to do in my newbish state of not knowing ANYTHING about this game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majiteque on 2008-02-09 11:55 ]</font>

ilovetypemoon
Feb 9, 2008, 12:54 AM
Read the FAQ?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 9, 2008, 12:58 AM
So, firstly--what are the most important things for me to do in my newbish state of not knowing ANYTHING about this game?

Ignoring the 2 pointless responses above...
It would be hard to explain too much in one post so I'll try keep it simple. FAQ would be a good idea ot get the hang of what the weapons are, elements, PA's, what type you want to be etc.. As of ingame, Id suggest running unsafe passage a couple times to get a few levels then going to moatoob where everyone is right now due to the update

Infiniteque
Feb 9, 2008, 01:11 AM
Er, I probably should have mentioned that I've played and complete the offline Story Mode a few times on PS2. I just didn't want to play it online on that crap system.

So I'm familiar with most of the gameplay mechanics (everything you learn in the Story Mode), but I have no idea how to go about doing anything in the online world since it's not.. story driven.. y'know?

And is there any reason why I'm having so much trouble connecting online? I keep getting "Connection to Phantasy Star Universe Server failed. Disconnect or Retry"

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 9, 2008, 01:16 AM
Not sure about connection, but I heard east coaster get disconnected alot? Don't quote me sounded odd but its what I've been told...

If you know the mechanics thats good, make sure your in a populated universe (orange cubes floating around lobbies can move you) and you should likely run Unsafe Passage and Fight for Food on the 4th floor of the G colony to get a few quick levels until your high enough for the missions on Moatoob. It will also get you a bit of cash so you can check player shops for some decent low level equipment (you search from the computer in your room, make sure to use "search by condition)

Infiniteque
Feb 9, 2008, 01:30 AM
Weird.. I got through character creation, got online, got disconnected and haven't been able to get back on since. This is nuts..

I just got this 360 and I honestly haven't gotten much of a chance to play anything.

Gemel
Feb 9, 2008, 01:42 AM
If you have problems logging in make sure not to press the retry button when it gives you the option. It's just broken.
Just press disconnect and try again until it lets you on, if that doesn't work then sorry I got nothing ; ;

Oh and I forgot to give you advice for when you do get on, one of the first things you should do is save up 15k for a shop for you room. Once you get a decent level, like 20ish, you might wanna try Ep. 2 for more story since you said you beat Ep. 1 already plus you get npc partner cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gemel on 2008-02-08 22:45 ]</font>

darthplagis
Feb 9, 2008, 03:34 AM
ok since u know the basics, you are pretty much set for online........ if u can get online.

there is a help page somewhere on sega support site that tells you what settings to set the 360 connection settings to. my friend was having LOADS of problems connecting when he got his box back after RROD repairs, the settings from sega sorted him out. just remember to quit the initial connection failure notice and start again as gemel said its a long running problem and it becomes second nature(if it takes more than 4-5 seconds to load character select menu then hit B and start again).

player match up warning.
hit me up if u feel like running sum missions when u get sorted out. (PM sent) i am in the UK tho so im on GMT rather than the US time zones but im usually on late by my time.

hope u get connection issues sorted soon. and welcome aboard the rollercoaster that is PSU, please keep your hands on the controller at all times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reginaldo
Feb 9, 2008, 01:58 PM
And you are??

xoyv
Feb 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
but i took it with me when i went to see relitives and my aunt and uncle borowed it from me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

elainesangel9
Feb 9, 2008, 02:28 PM
I finally got it too...just now. like 5 min ago

pikachief
Feb 9, 2008, 03:03 PM
hey u 2 wanna do missions with me!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i need a low level party to lvl up with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

send me a PM if u guys can join me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My GT for PSU is "Kilfromthegrave" send me a friend request when u get the chance ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2008-02-09 12:05 ]</font>