PDA

View Full Version : Online: S rank overload

NightHawk135
Feb 9, 2008, 04:56 PM
Okay, i have had PSU for about a year now (I got it at the start of bruce runs) and im really close to quitting. Ever since the 1up event S ranks, i think have been dropping to much. i spent 4 mill on a halarod when sealab was good. (back when 4 mil was alot of money) then 1up comes out. i lost about 3.6 mil on that halarod. i remember when s ranks where rare. any techer that doesnt have a halarod now are called noobs. i mean really i think the ID number are at 30073000 or somewhere around there and they even have S ranks now. im just hoping that 14 and 15 star weapons/armor wont drop like the 10 and 11 stars. i was just wondering if anyone thought the same

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NightHawk135 on 2008-02-09 14:00 ]</font>

pikachief
Feb 9, 2008, 05:00 PM
i joined a week ago and i have 4 mil, cati power S rank armor, 3 S ranks and an 11* bow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NightHawk135
Feb 9, 2008, 05:01 PM
My ponit >.> im sorry but i wasnt lvl 20 after 3 weeks

pikachief
Feb 9, 2008, 05:04 PM
there was a kid who bought something for max meseta 1 MONTH AFTER HE JOINED! wtf >.<

Randomness
Feb 9, 2008, 05:06 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:01, NightHawk135 wrote:

Yeah, its too easy now. Especially with the blatant boosting of MP payouts. Compare Plains Overlord S to, say, Ice Caves S.

It took quite a bit of play to get to force 10 when things started, running Plains Overlord, but I could do it in ONE RUN now. Absolutely wrong.

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 9, 2008, 05:07 PM
The key is to try to predict the behavior of the economy. Easier said than done, I know, but if you don't try you might as well throw all your money into the guardian fountain.

Pay attention to the JP updates, see what's going on in item drops and valuables. If demand sky rockets on an a particular item over there then there is a very high probability it will happen on our servers. If an item plummets in value, I mean like plummeting off mount everest bad, then you better get off your ass and start selling. Don't be eager to jump to a trade right off but be sure you know what you're getting for and how far it will go in value.

A little economics 101 for you. Conservatism can go a long way.

ilovetypemoon
Feb 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:06, Randomness wrote:

Yeah, its too easy now. Especially with the blatant boosting of MP payouts. Compare Plains Overlord S to, say, Ice Caves S.

It took quite a bit of play to get to force 10 when things started, running Plains Overlord, but I could do it in ONE RUN now. Absolutely wrong.

You lie. It's impossible to get to force level 10 in one run of anything.

NightHawk135
Feb 9, 2008, 05:14 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:06, Randomness wrote:

yeah, really i had about 800 hours before i hit level 80 (when it was level cap) then i started a new char and i hit lvl 80 in 3 days >.>

RACast_Raiden
Feb 9, 2008, 05:16 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:04, pikachief wrote:
there was a kid who bought something for max meseta 1 MONTH AFTER HE JOINED! wtf >.<

Your point?

PALRAPPYS
Feb 9, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:16, RACast_Raiden wrote:

Your point?

99million is almost impossible for anyone to make on our servers...

Even if you have 20 million people value that...

NightHawk135
Feb 9, 2008, 05:19 PM
i do think the jop leveling now is way to easy. thats one think i do like about Final Fansty, they really dont change there xp to much, i understand the lvl increase but they really should give so much xp and job xp they should rebalance it....

NightHawk135
Feb 9, 2008, 05:20 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:18, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Your point?

i have almost 200mil now (2x max money)

PALRAPPYS
Feb 9, 2008, 05:21 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:20, NightHawk135 wrote:

On 2008-02-09 14:18, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Your point?

i have almost 200mil now (2x max money)

Are you on 360 or PC/PS2?

On 360 there are people with money like that, but not a lot at all.

NightHawk135
Feb 9, 2008, 05:23 PM
yes im on 360

Danger_Girl
Feb 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
I like the increased drop rates. I can't fathom looking at someone else's equipment and ID #, then saying to myself "OMG he has an S rank I'm gonna quit!"

But if it upsets you that much, then just quit and find something that makes you happy.

Dragwind
Feb 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
Just remember, this game isn't tailored to the individual or the hardcore players. If it did, it wouldn't profit at all for the company. An online game needs to do whats needed to retain/improve its online community.

Even if it means making things easier for everyone, especially new players, to be able to have decent or even more than decent equipment earlier than before.

Also you can't forget, economies change just like they do in the real life. There are many items I found and made earlier on in the game that were a feat back then, now are easily done. Everything changes over time, you just have to deal with it.

PALRAPPYS
Feb 9, 2008, 05:26 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:23, NightHawk135 wrote:
yes im on 360

Heh... how you made that much I'll never know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Maybe my 1500 hours just aren't good enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The2dCour
Feb 9, 2008, 05:31 PM
-covers beer to keep OP's tears out of it-

MrNomad
Feb 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
So far I'd say only the 10* S ranks are common. Any 11* and beyond S ranks are still rare as ever. And I'm glad that the 10* S ranks were collectible at 1UP. After playing over 1000 hours I'd kinda like to at least GET one rare board. If you dont like how common 10 * weapons are now you go to hell cause before 1UP you'd have been the luckiest fucker alive to even have one board in the first place! It was ridiculous how rare they were back then, and I'm certain a lot of people wouldn't wanna go back either.

Mikura
Feb 9, 2008, 05:38 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the drop rate of S ranks now or the exp/MP. It just makes lvling other characters and gearing them up easier to do which I think is great since people get tired of playing as one character/class all the time.

Besides, each class has a selection of S ranks to choose from. The S ranks are what distinguish one class from another (Besides their stats and role in a party. But I mean visually, S ranks individualize the classes). Now I don't know about you but I think it would be pointless to play any class if the S ranks are so hard to obtain, you can't even take advantage of their unique weapon selection.

Also, keep in mind these are the lower tier S ranks. Sure, 10* may be common but I don't see a lot of 11* in circulation. A few, yes, but not many. I'm fairly certain when the 13* and higher S ranks are released, those will be your true "rare" items in the purest sense of the word.

Lastly, PSU is meant to be played casually and is designed as such. If you find everything too easy for you and not to your liking, play a true time sink like FFXI. If you want a challenge and want to work tooth and nail for any piece of equipment while spending weeks or months doing it, that's the game for you. I played that game for 3 years and in my opinion, the time and work needed to acquire anything in that game simply is not worth it.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 9, 2008, 05:40 PM
due to the unlock system what was once rare eventually falls off. The 10* are getting very easy to get, (the 11* are easier but Im not seeing them drop like candy, I have to try to get one still, and certain ons ar still very rare). But thats how it will be, as the updates progress item value will change. Halarod isn't a big deal like it used to be, but agains o are other things and now there are other items that ahve taken their place.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 9, 2008, 05:43 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:19, NightHawk135 wrote:
i do think the jop leveling now is way to easy. thats one think i do like about Final Fansty, they really dont change there xp to much, i understand the lvl increase but they really should give so much xp and job xp they should rebalance it....

if your talking about ffxi then ugh, it takes forever to level in that game. I am glad psu's leveling isnt a bigger grindfest than it is now (which it isnt bad now lvl-wise). This really isnt the same kind of game and increasing time to lvl wouldn't help it one bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-09 14:43 ]</font>

Alizarin
Feb 9, 2008, 06:34 PM
The constant complaints about newcomers suddenly getting S-Ranks that veterans once worked long and hard (or rather hoped and waited) I can see being selfish. Why is it such a big deal that they now suddenly improved drop rates all around for both veterans and newcomers to gain an equal chance in getting?

Being an online game with constantly-changing rules and aspects, you'd have to understand that they'll make adjustments to make the game accessible for a wider audience, and hopes of bringing more players in. And from what I can see, there are a much larger number of newcomers and casuals playing over hardcore veterans. Since they plan on increasing the level cap every so often, along with adding stronger weapons and equipment to accommodate for it, the gap between newbies and vets grows wider and wider. Apparently, Sega intends on closing that gap in by making it easier for low-levels to catch up, along with increasing the chance of rewards for everyone to take advantage of.

Also, considering this is an action-RPG, I expect the pace of gameplay and leveling to be a little bit quicker and more casual than their point-n-click/turn-based/automated-combat counterparts. The rates are a little ridiculous now, but it does give a lot of people a sense of progress, and probably a huge factor in PSU's appeal to some people.

Essentially, PSU is a quick and casual game, made so that someone can just log in for 20 minutes to an hour, do a couple of missions and feel like they've actually made some progress in some shape or form. As far as easy S-ranks go, I would rather have everyone in my party decked out with nice gear, newbie or not, than having a single person gloat and brag about winning at a game of chance. The sense of accomplishment comes in just even having the item and synthed to a high % and grinded to a high value, really.

EMPYREAN
Feb 9, 2008, 06:58 PM
i dont understand why S ranks arent sold by NPC shops. any 1 knows why?

RACast_Raiden
Feb 9, 2008, 06:59 PM
On 2008-02-09 15:58, EMPYREAN wrote:

they're supposed to be rare?

Mikura
Feb 9, 2008, 07:09 PM

Would kind of defeat the whole purpose of having S ranks really. If you could simply buy everything at the NPC shops, you wouldn't have the fun and thrill of striking out on your own and hunting it for yourself. That's part of the fun of PSU and always has been.

Sylpheed
Feb 9, 2008, 07:15 PM
On 2008-02-09 14:26, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2008-02-09 14:23, NightHawk135 wrote:
yes im on 360

Heh... how you made that much I'll never know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Maybe my 1500 hours just aren't good enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Are you really this nieve?.....REALLY!?

360 servers are loaded full to brim with meseta. Just by looking at me and my close group of friends we all have at least one stack of meseta each. Dam, i know a select few people who are well into they're third stack+ of maximum meseta. It's really not that hard at all to make money in this game.

EMPYREAN
Feb 9, 2008, 07:16 PM
On 2008-02-09 16:09, Mikura wrote:

Would kind of defeat the whole purpose of having S ranks really. If you could simply buy everything at the NPC shops, you wouldn't have the fun and thrill of striking out on your own and hunting it for yourself. That's part of the fun of PSU and always has been.

well im one of the wery few ppl that dont find it fun to hunt forever for an S wep. for me thats alot of wasted time.

ilovetypemoon
Feb 9, 2008, 08:06 PM
On 2008-02-09 16:16, EMPYREAN wrote:

On 2008-02-09 16:09, Mikura wrote:

well im one of the wery few ppl that dont find it fun to hunt forever for an S wep. for me thats alot of wasted time.

In any online RPG's, do you ever see rare items being sold by NPC's? If they are sold by NPC's they're no longer rare items and become just expensive common items.

DragonStorm
Feb 9, 2008, 08:19 PM
well remember. sure 10* are common rares. and 11* are still rare. they may become more common down the road im sure but lets not forget. i cant see 12-15* being common rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. lets not worry about newcommers finding 10*'s easily.

I have spoken.

gryphonvii
Feb 9, 2008, 08:23 PM
go hunt that 13 star dagger, see how often that drops, then come back and say its easy, all the 10 and 11 star rares are dropping because the ones above that are going to be much more difficult to get.

Feign
Feb 9, 2008, 08:26 PM

Duper and/or duped meseta.

pikachief
Feb 9, 2008, 08:39 PM
On 2008-02-09 17:26, Feign wrote:

Duper and/or duped meseta.

it was before the festa, i dont think he knew about duping >.>

pikachief
Feb 9, 2008, 08:39 PM
On 2008-02-09 17:23, gryphonvii wrote:
go hunt that 13 star dagger, see how often that drops, then come back and say its easy, all the 10 and 11 star rares are dropping because the ones above that are going to be much more difficult to get.

my friends saw 3 of them drop now, not even hunting for them, they didnt get them tho

Neith
Feb 9, 2008, 08:40 PM
I must be playing a different version to you guys. S-Ranks sure as hell don't drop all the time for me, and when something finally does drop, it's not anything me or my friends have been hunting.

If you're getting loads of drops and aren't happy, go find a grind-fest game instead. PSU clearly isn't your game if you don't like getting rare drops often.

Also, for people with 99 million Meseta: they either got really lucky with a rare they've sold, or it's back from when Meseta duping was all the rage.

I've been playing for way, way over 2000 hours now, and I have 38 million. Even most of that was from lucky shop sales.

Mikura
Feb 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
On 2008-02-09 17:40, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I must be playing a different version to you guys. S-Ranks sure as hell don't drop all the time for me, and when something finally does drop, it's not anything me or my friends have been hunting.

If you're getting loads of drops and aren't happy, go find a grind-fest game instead. PSU clearly isn't your game if you don't like getting rare drops often.

Also, for people with 99 million Meseta: they either got really lucky with a rare they've sold, or it's back from when Meseta duping was all the rage.

I've been playing for way, way over 2000 hours now, and I have 38 million. Even most of that was from lucky shop sales.

I wonder how some people get their meseta too. I've been lucky with drops but...I've been playing for about the same hours as you and only have 39 mil. It's not as easy as some make it out to be. You have to be lucky on a few high ticket sells. Otherwise, the money tends to trickle in slowly.

Indica
Feb 9, 2008, 08:50 PM
4 Million, 10 Million is petty cash. I cant believe your complaining about a Halarod

I have been playing this game for over a year, and it was not till after Firebreak Event till I got a Halarod.

nooblet
Feb 9, 2008, 09:16 PM
i been playing on and off since psu released and the only s-rank board (yes board) i have is a crea double which i found like last week. i also play a lot during 1up cup and gotten nothing but har/quick.

im glad that things are easier to find so people can save money and just buy the damn thing instead of continously searching for months on end.

Sekani
Feb 9, 2008, 09:36 PM
When you play 2000 hours a week, your perspective changes. As in, "max meseta is so easy" or "S-ranks are dropping too much they need to be more rare cause too many people have them."