PDA

View Full Version : PTs and Ranger Only Armor

Mr_Confused
Feb 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
Whats up with us not being able to equip ranger only armor? Were more ranger than a fighgunner is. yet a fighgunner can equip storm line and catest line. I guess this is my petition to Sega to make them give PTs ranger only armor access as well.

JarinKail
Feb 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
How is this a poll?

pikachief
Feb 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
hes asking if PT's should be able to use ranger only armor.

I say yes but its an "experimental class" so they're all wacked out lol. Which is y its supposed to explain the all S ranks, teh trap stuff, the low starting stats, and the force lvl 5 when u do no teching lol

Mr_Confused
Feb 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
it just makes more sense for a pt to have ranger armor than a fighgunner
Pts have-Bows, Shotguns, Pistols, Grenade Launchers, and Laser Cannons.
Fighgunners-Pistol, Twin Pistols, Machinegun, range mag, and crossbows.

even if you look at the requirements it makes sense, PTs have lvl 5 ranger as a requirement.

pikachief
Feb 10, 2008, 04:41 PM
PT's also have lvl 40 Bullets and lvl 30 Skills http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DEM_CIG
Feb 10, 2008, 05:25 PM
It's bs that pt's dont get to use stormline and wut not...

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
I kind of see Protranser as the opposite of Acrofighter and Fighgunner in that PT is in a way, more Ranger than Hunter, while AF and FI are both more Hunter than Ranger. I think PT getting Ranger armor might make sense.

dudeanonymous
Feb 10, 2008, 06:57 PM
rangers don't use axes and swords....

gryphonvii
Feb 10, 2008, 07:32 PM
but rangers use double sabers and claws?

pikachief
Feb 10, 2008, 07:39 PM
On 2008-02-10 15:57, dudeanonymous wrote:

i dont see a non ranger shooting a laser cannon, grenade launcher, nor a rifle.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
Sure, why not. I don't see how this would hurt the economy or anything.

bahk
Feb 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
On 2008-02-10 15:57, dudeanonymous wrote:

Figs use swords though. So they're not rangers?

seph_monkey
Feb 10, 2008, 08:24 PM
yea they should have let pt use the storm line (if thats wat your talking about) figh isnt even gunner in my opnion its mostly just for the name. i mean all figh gunners do is swing there stick around >_>

thebummers
Feb 10, 2008, 09:17 PM
The guy has a point. A PT should be able to use Stormline and Castest Line. There isn't a good reason why they shouldn't be able to. Add into this that some PTs are Casts that must have an end slot, and the armor choices go way down. Tenora armor mostly goes out the window. My poor Cast PT wears mostly Delette Lines where I see lots of other people sporting nifty S rank line shields nowadays.

GuardianElite
Feb 11, 2008, 03:20 AM
On 2008-02-10 18:17, thebummers wrote:
The guy has a point. A PT should be able to use Stormline and Castest Line. There isn't a good reason why they shouldn't be able to. Add into this that some PTs are Casts that must have an end slot, and the armor choices go way down. Tenora armor mostly goes out the window. My poor Cast PT wears mostly Delette Lines where I see lots of other people sporting nifty S rank line shields nowadays.

game rules can't change for you but you can change for the game rules..

Legendria
Feb 11, 2008, 03:45 AM
Just use a Serafi-Senba and quit complaining.

Topic Over.

EngelBlut
Feb 11, 2008, 03:46 AM
id be a pt right now if i could see my pallet and use my castest line..

on a side note why isnt castest line cast only? it says made for casts right on it

GuardianElite
Feb 11, 2008, 04:05 AM
On 2008-02-11 00:46, EngelBlut wrote:
id be a pt right now if i could see my pallet and use my castest line..

on a side note why isnt castest line cast only? it says made for casts right on it

um maybe its armor for rangers but specially designed for Cast ex. no head slot lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-11 01:06 ]</font>

dc534
Feb 11, 2008, 05:05 AM
the only armor that we can wear thats any good is serafi-senba, good luck getting a decent percent for under 10 mil on the 360 server, the board alone is going for over ten mil. This is pole is great. I mean the armor ment for us is only 9 star by the time they release it casts and the rest will have moved on to 13 star armor while we what rock some ridiculus 9 star armor that has the stats of a 9 star armor. Sorry about this rant but I want an armor that has all slots that I can wear that is not going to cost me a fortune as a protranser, and dont say rabol rappy because i want an s rank armor to go with an s rank unit.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 11, 2008, 05:14 AM
On 2008-02-11 00:45, Legendria wrote:
Just use a Serafi-Senba and quit complaining.

Topic Over.

A) that isn't easy to obtain. at all.

B) that doesn't resolve the issue of "why cant pt use storm line?" whether or not there is another way doesn't matter. That's like saying if Fortefighter couldn't use the 10* spear, just saying "its ok, just get the 11* one". Sure it works, but that doesn't end the issue.

Shiryuu
Feb 11, 2008, 06:04 AM
PT should get Storm Line at least. They can use Storm after all... now it's just as pointless as Rabol Cuesta increasing PT TP.

Batman2414
Feb 11, 2008, 06:31 AM
Not being able to use my storm line is a huge reason i'm not still a protranser and have switched back to an acrofighter

amtalx
Feb 11, 2008, 07:22 AM
PTs should not get ranger armors, but neither should FGs. Two wrongs don't make a right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 11, 2008, 07:35 AM
On 2008-02-11 04:22, amtalx wrote:
PTs should not get ranger armors, but neither should FGs. Two wrongs don't make a right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

that is correct o.o but three lefts do.

on the other hand, I do think PT is "ranger enough" for stormline, great equipment choices (including all those s's) are part of PT's making up for their very subpar stats. That and you cant argue they use many "exclusively ranger" guns

panzer_unit
Feb 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, 'transers are screwed on armor since we can't wear anything type-specific.

There's always the good set stuff... Rabol Gant and Rabol Asted... I've got Delette Line for boosting my stamina too. Still I really want to get my Castest Line on.

Katy
Feb 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
I find it very strange PT can equip Storm but not Storm Line and FG can equip Storm Line but not Storm. This topic could also apply to AT not being able to equip Hirsgi-Senba.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
I think Castest Line is a Ranger type only armor too I think? PTs can't use it unless I'm misunderstanding you. But I still hold to my opinion that Protranser is more of a Gunner than Acrofighter and Fighgunner, not only the PA distribution, but the mastery of traps which is a Ranger-unique thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-02-11 10:12 ]</font>

Morokite
Feb 11, 2008, 01:11 PM
I'd love to see us get to wear a Storm Line =P I have a Storm Line I use on days I'm leveling up a side class and I can't wait to see it open to all my usual played classes.
That or get me some Protranser only armor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

dc534
Feb 12, 2008, 03:12 AM
you mean protranser armor that is s-rank so we can equip an orpad guard or other s rank units. I mean whats the point of only making rabol cuesta nine star if there are s-rank units now.

GuardianElite
Feb 12, 2008, 03:19 AM
On 2008-02-12 00:12, dc534 wrote:
you mean protranser armor that is s-rank so we can equip an orpad guard or other s rank units. I mean whats the point of only making rabol cuesta nine star if there are s-rank units now.

as of today only two s rank units and it is not a necessity to have s rank armor not like you couldnt survive with A rank

RACast_Raiden
Feb 12, 2008, 04:13 AM
Crimson Line...
Delette Line...

Those two will do for now.

Weeaboolits
Feb 12, 2008, 05:16 AM
I'd rather like to get in on that sta bonus all the other ranger hybrids get.

thebummers
Feb 12, 2008, 11:48 AM
Saying to just get Serafi-senbas is retarded. I have run White Beast about 112314748 times and only ever got one board to drop for me. Not to mention, it's a decent line shield but it is geared towards techer stats and is not ideal for PTs. Getting 6 Serafis of all decent %'s would also bankrupt most players. And the original argument that most PTs "gun" more than Fighs is still solid. You see tons of PTs using lasers, shotties, bows and grenaders all the time while you only see most Fighs whip out twin guns when they have to. So give us the gunner S line shields too. Duh.

amtalx
Feb 12, 2008, 11:55 AM
On 2008-02-11 10:11, Morokite wrote:
That or get me some Protranser only armor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I like this idea better.

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately the PT-only armor is only A-rank. No big deal now, but when those 280+ ATP arm units become available... disadvantage.

physic
Feb 12, 2008, 12:06 PM
they really have no reason notto let them eq some better armors, it is weird that pt gets level 5 ra level 40 bullets, andfairly lowatp yet is still considered closer to a hunter than a ranger.

Soulvayne
Feb 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
On 2008-02-12 09:06, physic wrote:
they really have no reason notto let them eq some better armors, it is weird that pt gets level 5 ra level 40 bullets, andfairly lowatp yet is still considered closer to a hunter than a ranger.

Main reason most people equate them closer to hunters is because most people play them that way. Unless the enemy is a flier I hardly ever see a Protranser pull out a ranged weapon; when they can just run in and slap it with an axe. Are rabol lebfa and shinowa line restricted gear?

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 01:41 PM
On 2008-02-12 09:17, Soulvayne wrote:
Main reason most people equate them closer to hunters is because most people play them that way. Unless the enemy is a flier I hardly ever see a Protranser pull out a ranged weapon; when they can just run in and slap it with an axe. Are rabol lebfa and shinowa line restricted gear?

We're not hunters either ... according to armor selection. Otherwise I'd at least be wearing Rabol Dadan. I don't think Lebfa and Shinowa are restricted by class; Shinowa Line looks pretty good except for not allowing resist units :

Eventually PT's are going to start shooting stuff... they'll run out of melee skills to work on before long, while bullets last forever.

desturel
Feb 12, 2008, 02:08 PM
Are rabol lebfa and shinowa line restricted gear?

Anyone can wear Rabol Lebfa and Shinowaline.

Protransers can't wear:
Midiline
Caster Line
Ganna Line
Strom Line
Castest Line

Rabol Danga
Rabol Dandan

Hoza-senba
Hiragi-senba
Kotoha-senba
Al-senba

Also any other hunter/ranger/force armor that are class specific that I can't think of right now.

Mr_Confused
Feb 12, 2008, 02:42 PM

On 2008-02-12 09:06, physic wrote:

you probably have never seen a good protranser before then. A good Protranser has a versatile pallet with decent traps and PA's for all weapons. Not only that but our weapon selection allows us to be versatile and a decent protranser will pull out a different weapon for each situation. My main weapons for PT are bow and shotgun, but i pull out an axe or knuckles or a spear when the situation calls for it. The big one is trapping monsters that need trapping, like freezing svaltus so that other people can wail on em while their being constantly frozen, or stunning seed vances.

also on the subject of bows, idk why people hate them so much, ive been using them since the day i started PT and now i do about 1k damage per shot on correct elements.

Weeaboolits
Feb 12, 2008, 05:43 PM
I actually use my bow more than anything, that and my axe, grenades when it's useful.

Umberger
Feb 12, 2008, 05:44 PM
On 2008-02-12 02:16, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I'd rather like to get in on that sta bonus all the other ranger hybrids get.

Acrotecher doesn't get one. ;p

thebummers
Feb 12, 2008, 05:53 PM
My CAST PT only melees what he can't gun easily. My bows and shotties are all above 36 so spraying bullets on a crowd of mobs usually comes first. That list above showing all the armors PTs can't wear really describes the problem. Add onto that my PT is a CAST and needs an extra slot for SuV so Tenora armors are pretty much out the window. The crappy line shield selection really is a problem for some PTs. Valid whining FTW.