PDA

View Full Version : Genocide Problem (Story Mode)

Talos
Feb 11, 2008, 10:06 AM
The problem is that every time it keeps trying to load up the dungeon, it freezes up. It has done that 3 times already. Has anyone else have this problem?

Christmas
Feb 11, 2008, 10:08 AM
I can't say too much other than give you the usual things to try. Try resetting your cache, if that doesn't work check your disc. In my experience most of the freezes on PSU come from a dirty or scratched disc.

Talos
Feb 11, 2008, 10:14 AM
How do I reset my cache on the 360?

Christmas
Feb 11, 2008, 10:20 AM
Keep in mind you'll have to redownload any updates. Not downloadable content, just software updates.
As TeamXbox wrote it:

"Go to the system blade and then select memory. Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Personally, I don't think it'll work though. It's worth a try though, fixes a few problems.

Talos
Feb 11, 2008, 10:35 AM
I checked my disc and it looks like it has a ring-like dent/smudge. Everything else loads just fine except for the mentioned run. I far as I know, the problem is not at my end but at Sega's. Thank you Christmas for all the help. I do appreciate it.

Christmas
Feb 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
Aww, you're welcome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

But like I said, it's the disc. I've been through a few of them. My first one for example would not load Seed Awakening and a certain map of Lab Recovery. Offline, it wouldn't get passed a certain spot. What you could try is cleaning or buffing the game, think game doctor or something. I'd suggest taking it to a game store though, usually they provide services like that.

Edit: I remember having a smudge like that once, rubbed right out. Maybe you'll get lucky like I did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christmas on 2008-02-11 07:54 ]</font>

Talos
Feb 11, 2008, 11:19 AM
Actually, the mentioned smudge just faded away. Maybe I just need to give the game a rest for a while. It's been in my 360 for a few months straight. =)

I just saw your profile. Your R. Dorothy?! I've kept seeing you during the Winter Event.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talos on 2008-02-11 08:23 ]</font>

Christmas
Feb 11, 2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I am. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
I remember seeing your Snoopy character a few times. I kept going "Everyone, look! Snoopy!"

Talos
Feb 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
Never realized my Snoopy is growing in popularity. Next time we meet, let's do some runs sometime. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Christmas
Feb 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
We'll see; with the recent PSUv1 rebalanceing though I've been kept busy with a few friends. ^^; But sure, if I have time I wouldn't mind.

RemiusTA
Feb 11, 2008, 05:59 PM
rofl i thought this was about the little beast kid

After i played Price of Genocide i was HAPPY moatoob got obliterated

EDIT: Inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2008-02-11 15:13 ]</font>

XCosmosX
Feb 11, 2008, 08:01 PM
how do you get pass the beast kid i canīt seem to trap him

SStrikerR
Feb 11, 2008, 09:14 PM
Oh boy...if I had the time I'd find the link but I really don't, so look it up, or maybe someone else will help you by posting the link

Talos
Feb 11, 2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry if the topic title is misleading. I was having technical problems regarding loading the first dungeon in the story.

Talos
Feb 12, 2008, 10:26 AM
Well, I just found the real problem. It's my 360, I GOT THE RED RING!!!! So I won't be on PSU for quite a while. =(

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
Meh, I was afraid of that... Usually it's something else like the disc. See if you can still turn on the 360, if you just got the red ring you should be able to play sometimes. Might take a while though.

RemiusTA
Feb 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
microwned

Talos
Feb 12, 2008, 09:23 PM
I've called Microsoft about the whole thing. It's now MIA until the repairs are done. Again, thank you Christmas for all your help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif CYA on the other side.

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 09:41 PM
You don't have to thank me, I didn't do much for you. I just listed things you should try and look out for that may have caused your problem. Still, I'm sure you'll get it back soon. ^^;