PDA

View Full Version : classes

elainesangel9
Feb 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
can someone please describe the classes for me?
I get force,hunter,ranger, (as I played PSO)
but Id like to know aboutthe new ones before my game arives in teh mail

The_Gio
Feb 11, 2008, 12:02 PM
um if you go to the official site,the other classes have their own page that show some detail on all of them

Ronin1of47
Feb 11, 2008, 12:07 PM
http://psupedia.info/Types

DEM_CIG
Feb 11, 2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/game_guardiantypes.php

Anduril
Feb 11, 2008, 12:11 PM
Note: Online only Techers/Forces can use TECHs.

Wartecher: Basically a Hunter with with decent attack TECHs. TECHs make a good back up, but the main strength of the class is Melee.
Guntecher: A Ranger with TECHs. Abyssmal attack TECHs due to low TP and a lv 20 cap, but has lv 30 support TECHs which don't rely on TP (except Resta).
Fighgunner: A Hunter with limited Range abilites, using small guns without access to larger ones. Their strength is their Melee weapons, while being able to range fight when the situation calls for it.

Fortefighter: In lbasic terms this is your Full-fledged Hunter class. No TECHs, and only access to Handguns up to A rank, but can use practically every Melee weapon.
Fortegunner: Advanced Ranger, like Fortefighter is an Advanced Hunter. Has access to most guns, and also has some decent Melee capabilities.
Fortetecher: Your Advanced Force. Has the strongest attack TECHs at lv40 cap, but still only lv30 support TECHs. The only class with access to A and S rank Rods.

Acrofighter: A speedy Hunter proficient with one-handed melee weapons. They have a high TP modifier even though they can't use TECHs, for use with Shadoogs/RSCMs. Have little access to two handed melee weapons.
Acrotecher: Your best bet for Support Force. With lv40 Support TECHs they are the best at it. They have access to Melee weapons, Twin Handguns and lv30 attack TECHs, making them a bit of a jack-of-all trades when not supporting. Warning: This is not a class that should be used for Melee with TECHing as an after thought, if that's what you want go Wartecher instead, since their Melee skills are much better.
Protranser: Your oddball class. Can use all kinds of traps, including Protranser Exclusive EX traps. Their arsenal consists of almost nothing but Heavy weapons. At low class levels they have bad stats, but as the class level goes up the stats get much, much better.

There you go. And mind you this only holds true for Online. Offline there is only Force, Hunter and Ranger, but they can use such a wide array of weapons it's as if they are Super-beings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-02-11 09:12 ]</font>

Christmas
Feb 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
I know it has already been said, but this is my input on the types.

Check here for the in-game descriptions: http://psupedia.info/Types

Well you have three forte types, which are just focusing and expanding a certain basic type.
Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Fortetecher

Then you have hybrids of the basic type.
Fighgunner
Wartecher
Guntecher

Fighgunner: Fighter Gunner. The only class to use double sabers, they play similar to Fortefighter except they have ranged capabilities.

Wartecher: Fighter Force. Focuses on attacking instead of support. Melee, and attack techniques. They are very much capable of supporting, ask Annalise, but their PA levels limit them compared to the other clases.

Guntecher: Gunner Force. They're more of a support class overall. Status effects, and decent support magic to go along with it.

After the hybrids you have some experimental types. They usually trade in something, to get something in return.
Protranser
Acrofighter
Acrotecher

Protranser: The trap master. They have EX traps, which are easily the best. While they do have all S ranks from the weapons they can use, their ATP is fairly low and their PA adjustment focuses on guns.

Acrofighter: They're kind of like fighgunner. Seems like they traded their heavy weaponry for speed. Acrofighters attack much faster than the other melee classes, but their ATP is slightly lower.

Acrotecher: They're a master of support. They tend to focus on techniques, but they have melee capabilities as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christmas on 2008-02-11 09:29 ]</font>

The_Gio
Feb 11, 2008, 12:57 PM
well sounds like you got it right anymore info would be like the abbreviations like AF,AT,FF,FT you get it... and that fighgunners and acrotechers are in plentiful numbers.

elainesangel9
Feb 11, 2008, 01:54 PM
amazing...I think I will have a PRotanser, fortecher, fortehunter, and a acrotecher,

The_Gio
Feb 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
uh the abreviations are made of the first word and second word so a protranser would be a PT heh Pro-Transer,fortetechers are FTs.Eh you'll get it your not stupid

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
Fighgunner is the only class who's abbreviation is/should be an exception to that rule. I refer to Fighgunner as FI, and FG is reserved for Fortegunner.