PDA

View Full Version : Qiuck question about Boma Duranga.

SATatami
Feb 11, 2008, 05:02 PM
Alright...

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1304/boma_duranga/

It says it has a status effect of "Reflect Damage lvl 2"

This status isn't listed here...

http://psupedia.info/Status_effects

So... what's it do?

Doh42
Feb 11, 2008, 05:05 PM
Kinda like "Souleater" from FFXI; You take part of the damage you deal onto yourself.

SATatami
Feb 11, 2008, 05:07 PM
Ahhh, that's what I thought.... Thanks, Dog.

stukasa
Feb 11, 2008, 05:11 PM
When using Boma Duranga you're either going to need a dedicated Force healer or a ton of Trimates because you can easily kill yourself in about four hits using this PA (especially at higher levels). However, the amount of damage it does makes it worth the risk, just expect a few suicides along the way.

You will come to call this PA "the dragon slayer." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

IsoDonk
Feb 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, generally you can do about 1,300-1,400 per target with buffs as a Fortegunner - issue is this steals about 550HP per grenade. Crits suddenly become dangerous! Destroys dragons so long as you have a healer though - with me on my PT and my FG friend we take them down in no time so long as we're a little bit organised with healer placement. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HFlowen
Feb 11, 2008, 05:15 PM
If you're badass enough, you can kill yourself within 3 hits.

panzer_unit
Feb 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
When you do damage with Boma Duranga you take a little more than 1/8 the damage to yourself as well.

When you've got a techer backing you up, it's a large amount of extra damage for free. If you have a heal slave its a great skill. I figured it would be okay for soloing as well... as a fortegunner I usually end up with lots of trimate left over, and spend a ton of charges on grenades. But so far Duranga eats charges just as bad ('cause it doesn't cause burn) AND EATS TRIMATES EVEN FASTER! WHEE!

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 11, 2008, 06:19 PM
Now we just need a machine gun with Reflect Damage and we're set . Bye bye glitchers XD.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Libram
Feb 11, 2008, 06:24 PM
Having trouble with Grinnes?
Feeling pressured by Komas?
Wishing that De Ragan fight would just end already?

Then go out and get BOMA DURANGA!

Yes, Boma Duranga takes care of all those pesky enemies! One full application will blow those monsters to kingdom come and leave you with all the rares you could ever hope for. Get yours today!

When you wanna get the boxes
But have to deal with pesky bosses
Get <deedeede> Boma Duranga!

By Tenora ©

Tenora Works is not responsible for any physical harm caused by the use of Boma Duranga and will not supply Techers, Scape Dolls, or Trimates to anyone suffering from side effects. Consult your nearest loli-newman for treatment options.

Tetsaru
Feb 12, 2008, 03:08 AM
Boma Duranga puts all the other grenade PA's to shame with its superior damage. Just be careful not to kill yourself with it. :3

dc534
Feb 12, 2008, 03:22 AM
what kinds of launchers is everyone rocking when using it. I like lots of damage so I use a 9-9 song for death, has a little over 790 atk which really hurts with only lvl25 durnaga /cant wait for lvl 40 whats that gonna be like 2 hits and I am dead if I critical. Thank god I am a protanser and my accuracy is not as good of I would be dead alot sooner

mvffin
Feb 12, 2008, 04:17 AM
you do know protransers have a higher critical hit rate too... so you could still be dead sooner.

Dakkon
Feb 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
If you work your class and play to your strengths, this skill is a total waste, I have every elemental Grenade Launcher bullet over lvl 31 and I laught at Duranga users, so unless you are a lazzy bastard, this toy is just unworthy.

Guess it's Ok if it's your only GL bullet, but if so, then you are not anything close to an Ok GL user... probably neither an Ok Fortegunner or Protranser in a whole.

amtalx
Feb 12, 2008, 07:34 AM
On 2008-02-12 02:54, Dakkon wrote:
If you work your class and play to your strengths, this skill is a total waste, I have every elemental Grenade Launcher bullet over lvl 31 and I laught at Duranga users, so unless you are a lazzy bastard, this toy is just unworthy.

Guess it's Ok if it's your only GL bullet, but if so, then you are not anything close to an Ok GL user... probably neither an Ok Fortegunner or Protranser in a whole.

LOL, I have my elementals leveled too. Since SE doesn't matter on bosses, Duranga = boss killer. Even outside of bosses it can be useful for suppression if you don't mind the Trimate cost.

Oh, and for those who don't have both to compare, heres a little tidbit: Leveled (+31) elemental grenades shots do slightly more damage (~100) than Duranga...when Duranga is at Lvl 1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Moral of the story? GET DURANGA.

SStrikerR
Feb 12, 2008, 07:42 AM
Libram- you....oh geez I laughed XD

Fox_Makenshi- errr the glitchers just wouldn't use that particular bullet.

Poignantswine
Feb 12, 2008, 07:57 AM
"I can die faster than you can cause my damage is so high" wagging contest aside...
How much is this beast? I can't find PA frag costs anywhere.
It seems like the benefits outweigh everything else, when a resta slave is involved, so I want my Duranga now!

Yunfa
Feb 12, 2008, 08:12 AM
Boma Duranga cost 99 frags. >:D

MzHitman
Feb 12, 2008, 08:21 AM
I've got level 34 duranga and a 5x grinded grenade launcher and I've killed myself in 3 shots... more than once when I haven't been paying attention. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif You definitely have to be careful or have a good techer.

Poignantswine
Feb 12, 2008, 08:28 AM
99 eh? I guess, for something that does so much damage that it has to damage you in the process (which in most books equals AWESOME), that price makes sense.

Dakkon
Feb 12, 2008, 08:46 AM
On 2008-02-12 04:34, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-02-12 02:54, Dakkon wrote:

LOL, I have my elementals leveled too. Since SE doesn't matter on bosses, Duranga = boss killer. Even outside of bosses it can be useful for suppression if you don't mind the Trimate cost.

Oh, and for those who don't have both to compare, heres a little tidbit: Leveled (+31) elemental grenades shots do slightly more damage (~100) than Duranga...when Duranga is at Lvl 1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Moral of the story? GET DURANGA.

It's obviously not for the SE, the damage on high elemental bullets its HIGH ENOUGH to KILL any dragon and do it SAFE and nonstop whithout any worry of commiting suicide, mid-combat trimates (which if you solo and don't wanna lose the time to return to the lobby for more -what's the point of killing a boss 15 seconds faster if you are LOSING more than that time to buy trimates?-, by the time you reach the boss fight, there aren't so many left in your inventory), or making another person (someone's dependence... lol) useless in the boss fight babysitting you for your extra not-so-gamebreaking damage.

What I say: High elemental bullets do the work, and do it clean and safe, and still FAST enough (1200~1500 x4 per shot is still a beating don't you think?), and yet keep firing despite taking damage from the boss attacks (which eventually happens no matter how much 1337 Fortegunner you are). But oh well, if you wanna rush in mindless berserker mode to the boss and risk your life while maybe disrupting other's job (any good techer shouldn't assit you there) go ahead.

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 09:50 AM
On 2008-02-12 05:46, Dakkon wrote:
It's obviously not for the SE, the damage on high elemental bullets its HIGH ENOUGH to KILL any dragon and do it SAFE and nonstop whithout any worry of commiting suicide, mid-combat trimates (which if you solo and don't wanna lose the time to return to the lobby for more -what's the point of killing a boss 15 seconds faster if you are LOSING more than that time to buy trimates?-, by the time you reach the boss fight, there aren't so many left in your inventory), or making another person (someone's dependence... lol) useless in the boss fight babysitting you for your extra not-so-gamebreaking damage.

What I say: High elemental bullets do the work, and do it clean and safe, and still FAST enough (1200~1500 x4 per shot is still a beating don't you think?), and yet keep firing despite taking damage from the boss attacks (which eventually happens no matter how much 1337 Fortegunner you are). But oh well, if you wanna rush in mindless berserker mode to the boss and risk your life while maybe disrupting other's job (any good techer shouldn't assit you there) go ahead.

:angry: ARGH NERD RAAAAAGE!!! :angry:

Dude, you need a nap.

It's a team game, it's okay ... encouraged even ... to use abilities that kick a lot of ass if someone's willing to support you. All the techers I know are happy to cover my use of Duranga when asked. No offense, but what exactly are they going to do otherwise? Diga? Foie? Bow? Backing up someone spamming Boma Duranga ends bossfights a lot faster.

In terms of bullets it's less time to level and more damage per shot right from level 1 to level 40 to use Duranga instead of a whole bunch of elements. Talk about a sweet deal. It frees a bunch of space on your skill list for elemental bullets and melee PA's on weapons that don't have a win-button move.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-12 07:29 ]</font>

Dakkon
Feb 12, 2008, 10:45 AM
On 2008-02-12 06:50, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2008-02-12 05:46, Dakkon wrote:

:angry: ARGH NERD RAAAAAGE!!! :angry:

Dude, you need a nap.

It's a team game, it's okay ... encouraged even ... to use abilities that kick a lot of ass if someone's willing to support you. All the techers I know are happy to cover my use of Duranga when asked. No offense, but what exactly are they going to do otherwise? Diga? Foie? Bow? Backing up someone spamming Boma Duranga ends bossfights a lot faster.

In terms of bullets it's less time to level and more damage per shot right from level 1 to level 40 to use Duranga instead of a whole bunch of elements. Talk about a sweet deal. It frees a bunch of space on your skill list for elemental bullets and melee PA's on weapons that don't have a win-button move.

[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-12 07:29 ]

Btw It's not right from lvl 1, but that's not the point. Precisely because it's a team game I personally prefer to not drag anyone to support me in a task that can be done ALMOST at the same efficiency ratio, and INSTEAD having that acrotecher whip-BASHING that dragon, and in terms of cooperatively "kicking a lot of ass", I tell you its FAR faster [1 whip + 1 ele.GL-bullet] than [1 resta spammer + 1 duranga].

Btw again, ":angry: ARGH NERD RAAAAAGE!!! :angry:" seems like I'm not the only one who needs a nap lol.

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
Duranga IS better right from level 1 if you don't have a full set of lv21+ element grenades before picking it up. You're better off leveling Duranga from 1 than that 4th / 5th / 6th element.

Realistically speaking, your Acrotecher buddy is NOT doing more damage than the damage difference between Duranga and element grenades. Dragons take full bullet and half melee damage so dealing an extra 150% of your ATP, at full strength, shot after shot without interruption, is gonna beat the pants off of some weaker guy with a weaker weapon pounding away for half damage on a high DFP target. Even compared to hits from the second move.

That's assuming your -techer is an Acro instead of Gun or Forte, those guys don't have as strong a whip option even.

I can type tiny comebacks at the end of a post too, only mine don't suck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-12 08:36 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 12, 2008, 11:38 AM
I guess using Trimates is out of the question? Seems to me that shelling out a couple grand for Trimates is a small price to pay (about .00012% of enemy meseta drops if you are in a group) for damage that makes even JA'ed Jabroga users rethink their position in the party.

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 11:47 AM
Using SOME trimates is no problem, but I wouldn't use the skill without someone who could cast resta... a stack of trimate can actually get kind of tight over the course of a mission + boma duranga spam.

amtalx
Feb 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
I might worry about Trimates if I were PTing about, with the melee and what not, but I usually get to bosses with a full stack or close to it as a fG. Or you could blow a few Star Atomizers, since people are full of those half the time. All the Stars that drop at the boss are MINE, MUHAHAHAHA.

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 02:12 PM
I use lasers and shotguns a lot as Fortegunner... I'm not a whole lot easier on my own HP than I am the enemies'. Shooting large mobs with fire grenades is like a vacation for my healing supplies, I go for the slow-roasting technique.

HEL YEH to star atomizers. On a team with a techer I'll put them on my palette instead of trimate, and help cover emergency team healing.

Proto07
Feb 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
I don't even have to hoard my tri's for the boss battle. I find them in almost every box n haystack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Proto07 on 2008-02-12 11:57 ]</font>

Mr_Confused
Feb 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
On 2008-02-12 05:12, Yunfa wrote:

no it doesnt its 50

Tetsaru
Feb 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
Worried about losing too many Trimates!? Man, that's even worse than the "Scape Dolls are too expensive" argument... and DON'T get me started on that, because there's simply NO EXCUSE now that meseta drops are much more plentiful ever since AoI came out. /end off-topic rant

If you're soloing, you know you can always take the crystals back outside and restock before the boss fight, if you're THAT desperate. I've had to do it all the time soloing in Desert Goliath (I'll get you one day, Rattlesnake...). And yeah, there's always Star Atomizers, Dimates, and even (GASP!) Monomates.

But yeah, if you like the elemental grenades better than Boma Duranga, that's your choice... but I really feel that Duranga is significantly better, especially since it tends to out-damage even opposite-element grenades. Imo, all you're losing is chunks of HP, your element (yet you're doing more damage anyway), your lv3 SE's (lol traps), and more PP (lol Bullet/Save and Photon Charges).

"Donkasaur Bombs"... Never leave home without em. :3

Dakkon
Feb 12, 2008, 04:59 PM
On 2008-02-12 08:19, panzer_unit wrote:
Duranga IS better right from level 1 if you don't have a full set of lv21+ element grenades before picking it up. You're better off leveling Duranga from 1 than that 4th / 5th / 6th element.

Maybe you didn't read:

I have every elemental Grenade Launcher bullet over lvl 31
I just said and defend in my first post that a good GL user should have all the elemental grenade bullets, and they do the work pretty well making duranga innecesary IF YOU HAVE THEM ALL OVER 31, no dragon stands that seizing much longer than stands duranga.

Realistically speaking, your Acrotecher buddy is NOT doing more damage than the damage difference between Duranga and element grenades. Dragons take full bullet and half melee damage so dealing an extra 150% of your ATP, at full strength, shot after shot without interruption, is gonna beat the pants off of some weaker guy with a weaker weapon pounding away for half damage on a high DFP target. Even compared to hits from the second move.

Your data is pretty imprecise, even with the melee half guard, the sheer number of hits at full effect (so dragon target) a right whip can dispatch in the right hands (all JA'ed with a well built character) is nothing weak and makes for a pretty high DoT, which combined with the aforementioned elemental grenade (over 31 I insist) firing, I'm sure makes for a total DoT HIGHER than the same techer using just resta and the same gunner using just duranga.

That's assuming your -techer is an Acro instead of Gun or Forte, those guys don't have as strong a whip option even.

Yeah, I assumed that since most, not all, MOST techers nowadays are acrotechers. Guntechers can Card/Twin Handgun -Head any dragon for decent damage, and fortetechers, well I won't argue with you there, but they can add some damage too.

If you're soloing, you know you can always take the crystals back outside and restock before the boss fight, if you're THAT desperate. I've had to do it all the time soloing in Desert Goliath (I'll get you one day, Rattlesnake...). And yeah, there's always Star Atomizers, Dimates, and even (GASP!) Monomates.
Tetsaru I hope I'm not sinning in trusting you intelligent enough to assume people don't walk backwards to block 1, I just pointed out that the time difference between back-lobby-warping, buying, and returning; and the seconds saved for killing the boss very little faster; goes against duranga.

And finally, I think the OP request got fulfilled, so despite the fact that I'm very pleased exposing this with you or anyone else, if you don't want to see my points in my arguments, we shouldn't continue it here.

Poignantswine
Feb 12, 2008, 05:23 PM
On 2008-02-12 12:28, Mr_Confused wrote:

On 2008-02-12 05:12, Yunfa wrote:

no it doesnt its 50

You know, 99 just didn't sound right... But, sticking to the AWESOME damage it does. It SHOULD be 99 frags; it's that awesome.

So, at max level, does Duranga have the capability to down a De Ragan and take the life of it's user at the same time? I'd like to see that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poignantswine on 2008-02-12 14:29 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 05:41 PM
On 2008-02-12 13:59, Dakkon wrote:
Maybe you didn't read:

I have every elemental Grenade Launcher bullet over lvl 31
I just said and defend in my first post that a good GL user should have all the elemental grenade bullets

I read that, I just don't care what you did with your character. You're not presenting a good justification for learning all the elements except that you did it, which again doesn't matter at all to me.

Your data is pretty imprecise, even with the melee half guard, the sheer number of hits at full effect (so dragon target) a right whip can dispatch in the right hands (all JA'ed with a well built character) is nothing weak and makes for a pretty high DoT, which combined with the aforementioned elemental grenade (over 31 I insist) firing, I'm sure makes for a total DoT HIGHER than the same techer using just resta and the same gunner using just duranga.

You're right my data was imprecise, the techer doesn't have to spend 100% of their time healing your dude... they could, for example, shoot you a resta between whip PA's which will save you a lot of trimate if not all of it. So it's Duranga + 90% of a techer's damage output vs element + 100% of a techer's damage output :

ThaPrez2k5
Feb 12, 2008, 06:34 PM
i use duranga at lvl 29 right now and when it was at lvl one it was doing more damge then my freeze at lvl 30 get duranga trimate are worth it when you level this bad boy up