PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who likes using Tylor?

BloodDragoon
Feb 11, 2008, 08:39 PM
So I did the story mission and got Alfort Tylor's card and decided to give him a shot even though I'd read from other ppl saying he wasn't a good NPC to bring along. IMO he seems better to me than any of the previous ones. From what I've seen his AI do.

He seems semi Aggressive as NPC's go. My GH413 tends to be a bit more violent than he is. But I've noticed unlike the other storyline NPC's Tylor doesn't follow me around like a lost puppy when monsters spawn. He actually tends to run out and actively attack them. Another thing I had noticed is my GH413 will randomly run off after him.

His damage output isn't too bad either and he does have Giresta though his threshould for using it appears to require more HP loss than having my GH413 cast resta.

I've primarily been doing S2 PM runs with him and my PM the past couple days. I ended up PW'ing my games because ppl would join just to ask how I got his partner card. lol

However I'm curious if anyone else has used him on missions and noticed these trends?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 11, 2008, 08:46 PM
Tylor is an awesome NPC, I use him with my pm exclusively now. Very aggressive and decent damage (compared to other npc's hes crazy) and he giresta's me on rare occasions so hey, even better. Even when Im playing gunner, he runs up and attacks stuff while I strafe away from enemies which is a huge improvement to the stupid npc's usually trying to hump my leg the entire run.

PS: Im using the rifle pm and when I'm AF shes alot more useful the normal since she actually shoots at things (since Im close enough to cause her to aggro) and I see alot more use of that killer/burning shot then I ever do when I'm GT. The burning is very useful on tengoh's

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-11 17:49 ]</font>

Alura
Feb 11, 2008, 09:04 PM
hes okay but seems to die very often than the others

bahk
Feb 11, 2008, 09:07 PM
I guess I got a faulty Tylor then.
For me he sits there with his 4* twin sabers out. The only reason he isn't following me like a lost puppy is because he stays back 20 feet away from any enemies. He'll run in only when they're about to die, then nanoblast when we're safely at the end of the block with 1 enemy left at 6 hp.
Give me Tonnio any day.

Anduril
Feb 11, 2008, 09:08 PM
I love use Tylor, especially when he uses Assault Crush. He actually out-damages my Diga with a single hit from it when I'm a Fortetecher. Made soloing Lightning Beasts S really easy (Well that and I had a 32%Lightning Cardia-senba, a Sori/ TECH Charge, and a Hard/ Power Charge equipped and was using a 20 something % Ground Fuma-hiken with lv 35 Chiki and a 20% Dark Galdike while being a Newman Acrofighter).

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 11, 2008, 09:33 PM
On 2008-02-11 18:07, bahk wrote:
I guess I got a faulty Tylor then.
For me he sits there with his 4* twin sabers out. The only reason he isn't following me like a lost puppy is because he stays back 20 feet away from any enemies. He'll run in only when they're about to die, then nanoblast when we're safely at the end of the block with 1 enemy left at 6 hp.
Give me Tonnio any day.

guess yours is fault O.o mines aggressive as hell and spams rising strike and assault crush (full combos) only time he has problems dying really is Gaozorans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

bahk
Feb 11, 2008, 09:44 PM
Is yours also stuck with his fail twin sabers?
I was under the impression they changed weapons when you were a certain level.
I guess 120 isn't enough.

Anduril
Feb 11, 2008, 09:46 PM
On 2008-02-11 18:44, bahk wrote:

What are you talking about, "Fail 4* twin saber," That's his assault crush Twin Saber, which does ridiculous damage for a Story NPC.

bahk
Feb 11, 2008, 09:48 PM
On 2008-02-11 18:46, Anduril wrote:

On 2008-02-11 18:44, bahk wrote:

What are you talking about, "Fail 4* twin saber," That's his assault crush Twin Saber, which does ridiculous damage for a Story NPC.

Sorry, too busy watching him stand there halfway across the map to notice that.

RedMussel
Feb 11, 2008, 09:56 PM
He dances sometimes, I swear he does.

NNEONateDogg
Feb 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
I love using Alfort Tyler. He is a very useful NPC besides the others, IMO. So no, you are not the only one who likes using him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

BFGfreak
Feb 11, 2008, 10:44 PM
From my experiance, he's like me on Halo. Ungodly good at some times, and extreamly terrible at others. And yes, I have seen everything all of you said: extreme damage, wierd dancing, running away from enemies at full health, hell, for the longest time, I thought Tylor didn't have resta, because he just kept dieing. (Now granted, I found out latter that he had Giresta, but still, I didn't even see a wand in his hand when he died)

MelanyKoura
Feb 11, 2008, 10:50 PM
He strikes me as the best NPC in terms of helping someone (at least for me). His patterns seem to show an affinity to staying near me and defending me. Either he has a "stay close and protect" AI or he just has a crush on my Fighgunner. =^.^=

Also he seems to nanoblast wisely for me and reduces the enemy numbers quite well.

Kurai_Inago
Feb 11, 2008, 11:15 PM
I think he's a bit better than most other NPC's, his damage is actually quite good, and he makes a Great Decoy (which is what I use NPC's for anyways.) There are times when he does go a bit retarded and stands far away from a fight, but I just draw the enemies over to him and he'll rip em to shreds.

Umberger
Feb 11, 2008, 11:26 PM
Tylor is my favorite NPC so far because he actually deals damage that someone his level should (seriously Sega, at least change the other NPCs to advanced types or let us raise their type levels).

hiraisho
Feb 11, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'd like to try using him but still no luck on acquiring his card ._.

I'll have you one of these days Tylor!!!

Genoa
Feb 12, 2008, 03:17 AM
I prefer Leo because he "blasts regularly"

Indica
Feb 12, 2008, 03:58 AM
Tylor kicks some serious ass in Grove Temple. I use him all the time there

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 12, 2008, 04:14 AM
He gorram amazing. We were doing Desert Goliath S2 and Tylor went and started wailing on Magas Maggahna all by himself. He was doing pretty sick damage, too. I also noticed he just goes around beating the crap out of everything even if you're not near it.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Feb 12, 2008, 04:21 AM
In addition to all the reasons listed above, mine is, well...

....gah, I feel a bit shallow admitting to this. But Tylor's voice is hot. >.>; (I think his VA also did the voice I picked for Avatar Blastoise.)

On a semi-related note (also contains spoilers for the first four .hack games), Tylor's recruitment somewhat reeks of Balmung's. Stubborn fool who eventually changes his mind and joins up with you. I was very much amused. XD MORESO if, like, Tylor and Laia had crossed weapons much like how Balmung and Kite crossed blades. But... shaking hands with the player is close enough.

...yeah. o.o

Weeaboolits
Feb 12, 2008, 04:58 AM
I don't have his card yet, so I guess I'll keep using Lou. ._.

I remember offline, he and Ethan were pretty much the most useful NPCs (though Ethan could be a nuisance with his Tornado Dance).

SStrikerR
Feb 12, 2008, 07:37 AM
Hmmmm I'm stuck atm using laia/maya or laia/pm spamming tornado dance teams. >_<

Dragon_Knight
Feb 12, 2008, 08:50 AM
I like Tylor myself...pretty much for all the listed reasons. I find he's powerful enough...and for me at least he blasts reguluarly..saw him get cold feet in a few fights in SW...but other then that he's great.

Doh42
Feb 12, 2008, 10:07 AM
Tylor is my new favourite NPC. His main issue is the weird "glitching" he does sometimes (like he's trying to move towards mobs but cannot?).

He hits roughly 2200 per hit box on rising strike with his BH and hits for more damage than Leo or Tonnio when in nanoblast, even though he uses the invincibility one (which also makes it impossible for him to nanoblast and then die, like Tonnio does all the time for me). He's a fortefighter beast, unlike Tonnio and Leo who are Hunters, and it shows.

Plus, as was said above, he can cast Giresta (although probably limitted to level 1)

kissablepimp
Feb 12, 2008, 10:12 AM
I started using Tylor hust recently he a good AI to ply with he kick the crap out of the svaltus in sleeping warrior S2's with his blue beast form.

Zorak000
Feb 12, 2008, 10:21 AM
I switch between tylor and tonnio, both do very good damage.

kurisu1974
Feb 12, 2008, 10:22 AM
My Tylor is broken. He keeps dying on me (as all other NPC's by the way). I don't use him often, but when I do, he acts as a nice meat shield.

Kylie
Feb 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
Are you kidding me? I love using my husband. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

susaru7
Feb 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
does tylor talk like he does in story missions.

magicman34
Feb 12, 2008, 11:48 AM
If I could get his card I would let you know, but he never gives it to me despite me completing EP2.

thebummers
Feb 12, 2008, 11:55 AM
I actually think Tylor tops Tonnio. Especially during these Moatoob runs, his lightning Blackheart-Rising Strike does some nice damage. His invincible beast nano hits pretty hard too. I can leave a S2 mini boss to him when he nanos and he will own it. He sticks with the owner some but not as bad as some other NPCs and will go out and fight if you put his nose in the crowd. If you find he is not engaging, run behind/flank a crowd of mobs.

The mystery about getting his card was solved. Make sure you have the last chapter of episode 2 done. Don't just think you already did it. If it doesn't ask if you want to skip to the trial, it isn't done. Then beat him when you face him (with fire attacks and burn) and shake his hand at the end.

Reven
Feb 12, 2008, 12:18 PM
Welp, I've been using Tylor since he was released but mostly just cause I like the change. He does realy good damage when he can be bothered to attack anything but like most npc's he mostly just stands there looking stupid. The other seem to be better meat shields as he seems to die faster.

He seems to nano about as much as the others and he doesn't die during the nano which is nice but alot of the times even if there are enemies close he just stands there looking like an idiot.

But I'll keep using him until another comes out or I get tired of seeing him.

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
He isn't a bad NPC with me. Usually we're taking turns pwning with our respective BH's, and his Assault Crush almost makes me want it if I didn't already have CH leveled decently. He's way more useful than Hyuga at least. >_>

Ashlyn
Feb 12, 2008, 12:46 PM
So i have a question cuz me and a couple friends have been spamin this mission are the 360 servers able to get tylors card?????????????????????????