PDA

View Full Version : ST's can of whoop-ass?

amtalx
Feb 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
I know its old news, but what does everyone think about ST's response to the Grinder duplication problem?

Apparently they handed out 281 perm bans and fixed it server side, which is far more than the "Dur Hur" response I was expecting from them.

RACast_Raiden
Feb 12, 2008, 12:22 PM
*blank Stare*...

<===Too busy minding own business.

Apone
Feb 12, 2008, 12:28 PM
I commend what Sega did to get the situation under control. But some of my friends are gone and not coming back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif BUT! some REALLY abused this glitch. Unfortunately my curious friends got banned too but I guess thats how it goes.

Hath_Wrobo
Feb 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
They lost about 2810 extra dollars a month to ban people who weren't really doing anything that caused trouble for the community. A temp ban plus patch fix would have taken care of the problem without the loss of money that could be going towards our servers. "Dur Hur" imo is still in place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2008-02-12 09:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2008-02-12 09:38 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Feb 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
After the duping crap from way back on PS2 servers I'm glad ST dropped a huge bomb on these guys. Yeah you could ask who's even around to care any more. Well, there's me and that's enough in my books.

EngelBlut
Feb 12, 2008, 01:14 PM
dont care i want my 11* PROTRANSER weapons...
dammit i need to get a serafi senba.. i hate you sega make my castest line cast only not gunner only
*insert middle finger*

Kion
Feb 12, 2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif great poll. correct number of options and hilarious at that. amtalx, you win at internets.

On 2008-02-12 09:28, Apone wrote:
Unfortunately my curious friends got banned too but I guess thats how it goes.

If i had actually looked up the glitch, i might have tried it too out of curiousity. it's a good thing i don't put any thought effort into this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-02-12 10:41 ]</font>

Feign
Feb 12, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yes that's nice. I'm still waiting for them to fix their half-assed late as usual update that gave one half of the update to 360 and the other half to PC2. Seriously, how retarded can you get...

CelestialBlade
Feb 12, 2008, 01:50 PM
No matter what people got banned for, ST made a statement here that they just might not fuck around next time people do something really dumb like this. I'm all for the bans, glitchers don't impress me at all.

Altair9272
Feb 12, 2008, 02:02 PM
there are always going to be bans, and always going to be people looking for the easy way to do things

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
It's a bit on the cold side, but it really got the message across.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 12, 2008, 02:41 PM
I think ST handled it well. The game is better off without people that glitch anyway.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Anduril
Feb 12, 2008, 02:45 PM
I think ST showed that they will enfore their EULA or ToS or whatever you want to call it. People nowadays are lucky that contracts like this aren't enforced to the full extent of the law, to a time where you could be killed for violating the terms of your contract with another. I salute you ST.

Noblewine
Feb 12, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'm still laughing about this glitch. However Sega is working on fixing the bug and banning people so I their handling it pretty well.

Proto07
Feb 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
Is this the same glitch where players would press the menu button if the grinder came out low? Or did people find a new way to get higher grinders.

Xefi
Feb 12, 2008, 03:06 PM
Sega is trying to set up an example of what they will do to people that exploit gliches and cheating the system. I would agreed that banning them was harsh. A strict warning would have been better, but i guess Sega was really pissed off at those exploiter and decided to BAN them ALL!

Tetsaru
Feb 12, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm glad that ST is being so vigilant against glitches and hacking nowadays. I'd hate to see PSU be ruined by something like duping, lol... >_<

Oh, and I voted "looking for 11* gunner rares" just for the hell of it. :3 Now WHARS MAH RATTLESNAKE!? *starts blasting Magas Maggahna frantically with Grav Shot...*

pokefiend
Feb 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
On 2008-02-12 12:06, RubySion wrote:
Sega is trying to set up an example of what they will do to people that exploit gliches and cheating the system. I would agreed that banning them was harsh. A strict warning would have been better, but i guess Sega was really pissed off at those exploiter and decided to BAN them ALL!

But Sonic Team did warn the 360 server numerous of times.

CelestialBlade
Feb 12, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-02-12 12:46, Tetsaru wrote:
Oh, and I voted "looking for 11* gunner rares" just for the hell of it. :3 Now WHARS MAH RATTLESNAKE!? *starts blasting Magas Maggahna frantically with Grav Shot...*

Needs a 10* option too. The Cubo Tuma is mine, but the Musrana continues to elude me....

Xefi
Feb 12, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-02-12 13:08, pokefiend wrote:

you serious? and these people still do it and ignore Sega's warning? I really have nothing more to say.

Anduril
Feb 12, 2008, 04:13 PM
On 2008-02-12 13:11, RubySion wrote:

you serious? and these people still do it and ignore Sega's warning? I really have nothing more to say.

Either way it states in the EULA/ToS that exploiting any glitches or cheats in the game is grounds for banning. It's people's fault for not reading the damn conditions to play the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-02-12 13:22 ]</font>

Dragwind
Feb 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
Well even though it was a bad business decision of sorts, it was also somewhat good. This is highly arguable though.

Hell, for some people I've heard about them constantly abusing glitches. So obviously they kept contributing to the problem. More than likely most of those were cut off with that perma ban.

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 04:42 PM
Well, not too many people believed they would ban, even if Sega said they would. Sega just pretty much told everyone that they where serious about in-game exploits by banning everyone who did the glitch.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 12, 2008, 04:59 PM
Most of my experience with sega they were lax and did little to nothing about these problems, glad to see them smack the banstick around.

Also keep in mind...

[spoiler-box]http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=68812

Grinder Duplication Exploit Final Update:

We have decided to keep the 281 bans we announced last week permanent. To clear up any confusion about your account and billing status these will be reported to Microsoft, but SEGA is not asking them to do anything else with the information.

After more thought and deliberation we unfortunately had to base our final decision on the need to put our resources and time to help other users and solve other problems. While a permanent ban for one time offenders is harsh, we can not give you all equal and fair appeals based on what you did with the items you duplicated or previous problems.

Please be aware that there is little other then account banning that we can use to police this game, especially on the Xbox 360 where players can not be identified by or contacted by SEGA. We are painfully aware of our own limitations in this matter, but still feel that a mass banning of item duplicators will be better for the game at this point then doing nothing. We have not given up on this game and have a lot of work ahead of us to keep the improvements coming.[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-12 14:08 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 12, 2008, 05:08 PM
I voted for the EBA option, heh.

But I can't praise ST when they're busy botching updates and not giving a damn about our robot slowdown problem. I'd trade in all the bans and even the MG glitch fix for the ability to run Grove or Sacred Stream with having to restart my Xbox every ten minutes.

chibiLegolas
Feb 12, 2008, 05:36 PM
Too harsh of a sentence. Apparently, the matter can only be seen black and white with no shades of grey in between (which is WRONG IMO).

Perm. bans for abusive folks who SOLD grinders and sold to NPC to ruin the market. Not folks who keep to themselves, or curious who did it once. (they deserve long temp. bans if anything).

All the while, there's folks out there who just solely buy 'n sell, grind up ALL their inventory, yet they're still playing till this day. Yea... That's justice all right. @_@

But yea, there's gonna be eletists here who just refuse to see any shades of grey.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-12 14:38 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 12, 2008, 06:02 PM
On 2008-02-12 14:36, chibiLegolas wrote:
Too harsh of a sentence. Apparently, the matter can only be seen black and white with no shades of grey in between (which is WRONG IMO).

Perm. bans for abusive folks who SOLD grinders and sold to NPC to ruin the market. Not folks who keep to themselves, or curious who did it once. (they deserve long temp. bans if anything).

All the while, there's folks out there who just solely buy 'n sell, grind up ALL their inventory, yet they're still playing till this day. Yea... That's justice all right. @_@

But yea, there's gonna be eletists here who just refuse to see any shades of grey.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-12 14:38 ]</font>

read what I put in the spoiler tag, trying to decide each person on a case by case basis while they are working with update difficulties and glitch fixes is no easy task, and as far as 360 goes its hard for sega to contact them at all.

GaNksTa
Feb 12, 2008, 06:15 PM
On 2008-02-12 12:00, Proto07 wrote:
Is this the same glitch where players would press the menu button if the grinder came out low? Or did people find a new way to get higher grinders.

No, there was a way to pull away from the grinding counter while grinding, then send stacks upon stacks of S+10's to your room repeatedly without them disappearing from your inventory.. but they fixed it YAY!

Rashiid
Feb 12, 2008, 06:19 PM
I say it was a good move.
Just like going from high school (glitchine gun) to college (duping S+10s).

High School, they'll give you a 2nd change on an assignment, usually, somehow and/or alter the situation.

College: No homework? (rule following?) Ok, F (ban).

Sekani
Feb 12, 2008, 07:08 PM
On 2008-02-12 14:36, chibiLegolas wrote:

There's no moral dilemma here, it really is a black-and-white issue: you cheat, you get banned. End of story, discussion, thread, life, game, world.

I don't see any shades of gray because for once there aren't any. Why do you think someone should get a get-out-of-jail-free card just because they were "curious"?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 12, 2008, 07:12 PM
[b]
I don't see any shades of gray because for once there aren't any. Why do you think someone should get a get-out-of-jail-free card just because they were "curious"?

I agree here, and "curiosity" isn't an excuse to cheat, its a lesson learned.

CelestialBlade
Feb 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
Shades of gray? What, making hordes of glitched grinders is okay but selling them to others isn't? That's still circumventing the ToS and that's still grounds for a ban, period.

The world's been ruined enough by the "oh you get three strikes" bullshit, good to see someone laying down the law finally.

DoubleJG
Feb 12, 2008, 08:13 PM
ST really is a good company, it's just that they lack money. Money motivates people, and without high paying salaries, they may begin to become careless (such as when FSODs wreaked havoc throughout PSOGC).

I truly do think that ST has been doing a great job when it comes to handling hoodlums on PSU.

CelestialBlade
Feb 12, 2008, 08:16 PM
On 2008-02-12 17:13, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
ST really is a good company, it's just that they lack money. Money motivates people, and without high paying salaries, they may begin to become careless (such as when FSODs wreaked havoc throughout PSOGC).

I truly do think that ST has been doing a great job when it comes to handling hoodlums on PSU.

My theory is that Sega is continually slicing the budget for ST, and given that PSU doesn't seem to be bringing in much money as-is, that's a big double whammy of why-should-ST-care. I know they're capable of great things, but it doesn't seem like they're being motivated to care by anyone.

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2008, 08:55 PM
Shoot first, lack resources to ask later.

I think they went a tad overboard.

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 08:56 PM
Where you not one of the people to go?

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2008, 08:58 PM

More like once, in the middle of the day.

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, it's true that they did it one day; however, it was thrown out multiple times during that day. I probably saw it scroll by seven times. Personally, I think they need a login message or at the very least use the vision phone to send information to the players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christmas on 2008-02-12 18:01 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2008, 09:02 PM
On 2008-02-12 17:56, Christmas wrote:

I got pegged. Here's (http://psu.synbios.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1819&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45) why.

They're still looking over appeals, once they can spare the man-power, so I've still got a shot. I understand why they're taking a hard stance, but for a first time offense (and a minor one, in my case), I think it was a little overkill.

Meh.

EngelBlut
Feb 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
On 2008-02-12 17:58, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

More like once, in the middle of the day.

i never once got warned when i got banned.. it wasnt for the grinders stupid josh ledo with his spaming on 4th floor misery is a hacker and ppl listened to his emo ass

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2008, 09:07 PM
What's funny is I saw the warning after I'd done it.

pikachief
Feb 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
On 2008-02-12 18:07, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
What's funny is I saw the warning after I'd done it.

yea they did the warnings for me after i did it :/ oh well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
On 2008-02-12 18:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I got pegged. Here's (http://psu.synbios.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1819&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45) why.

They're still looking over appeals, once they can spare the man-power, so I've still got a shot. I understand why they're taking a hard stance, but for a first time offense (and a minor one, in my case), I think it was a little overkill.

Meh.

I do agree with you that it was overkill. I also think it was necessary for any possible future incidents.

Have you tried pushing your case a little harder? Not everything is fair in these things; some people get checked faster than others. See if you can talk to anyone from Sega about it.

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2008, 09:15 PM
On 2008-02-12 18:11, Christmas wrote:

On 2008-02-12 18:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Meh.

I do agree with you that it was overkill. I also think it was necessary for any possible future incidents.

Have you tried pushing your case a little harder? Not everything is fair in these things; some people get checked faster than others. See if you can talk to anyone from Sega about it.

I've been talking with Chill, but he said that the more I bug them, the longer it'll take. I'm a patient guy anyway.

It's going to take me forever to earn an S on Mission 14 in DMC4 anyway.

Christmas
Feb 12, 2008, 09:30 PM
Ah, he's being very selective then. It shouldn't be that way, but I guess there is no helping it. Well, hope things go smoothly for you! ^^

Edit: I don't like those faces(Smilies).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christmas on 2008-02-12 18:32 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks.

Shishi-O
Feb 13, 2008, 02:40 AM
i didn't do the glitch even tho i knew how, but perm banning with no warning made my jaw drop.

wich is why i chose the blank stare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb ....i dodged a bullet

it was in response to people putting it up on you tube i bet, that kind of arrogance can only be payed back in pain

sikotic_demon
Feb 13, 2008, 04:07 AM
i have to agree that ST was right to ban the glitchers for that....... it practicly killed the market for grinders and drove up prices on the high grade wepons...... damn them i almost had my hiroketri till that happened....

Dealer
Feb 13, 2008, 04:50 AM
PSO for the XBOX lasted about a month after duping was out and widely practiced.

Why would anyone think their behaviour is excusable if they tried to get something for nothing - at the expense of other players and the game at large? Whether you tried to get grinders for free for personal use, sold them to others or the NPC, or duped weapons - we don't need players like you in the game.

jayster
Feb 13, 2008, 06:29 AM
one of my friends was banned and he swears he didn't do the glitch, he only bought them from others.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 13, 2008, 07:16 AM
On 2008-02-13 03:29, jayster wrote:
one of my friends was banned and he swears he didn't do the glitch, he only bought them from others.

if he Truely, TRUELY did not do the glitch, he needs ot contact sega and let them know as much so they can check it. there have been people who got unjustly banned but got their accounts back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-13 04:16 ]</font>

strikershadow
Feb 13, 2008, 08:36 AM
what glitch are you talking about? can someone explain it to me? I just want to know so I dont do it, even if they fixed it i want to know what it is just to know.

AND its bull shit to permban anyone for something like that. the thing that says the rules states "anyone who uses glitches/hacks will get banned or whatever" the issue tho is this wasnt a hack. no one used a 3rd party program to do it. the issue is a coding problem on ST. if someone does something ingame and is able to do it because ST or any game didnt do something right thats on ST. so the guy who did it once and got banned thats some bull there.

now the people who did it over and over again they should get banned

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 13, 2008, 08:51 AM
On 2008-02-13 05:36, strikershadow wrote:
what glitch are you talking about? can someone explain it to me? I just want to know so I dont do it, even if they fixed it i want to know what it is just to know.

AND its bull shit to permban anyone for something like that. the thing that says the rules states "anyone who uses glitches/hacks will get banned or whatever" the issue tho is this wasnt a hack. no one used a 3rd party program to do it. the issue is a coding problem on ST. if someone does something ingame and is able to do it because ST or any game didnt do something right thats on ST. so the guy who did it once and got banned thats some bull there.

now the people who did it over and over again they should get banned

It was a glitch to duplicate s+10 grinders to like a thousand at a time. On that note you HAD to try to do it, anyone who did it did it on purpose (aside from that one who found it on accident). Look at the word I bolded above, glitches. This is a glitch, regardless of whether or not a 3rd part program was used, it was an OBVIOUS exploit that took OBVIOUS effort to perform. You CANNOT say you did it but didn't know it was wrong.

As for why they all got perma-banned as opposed to 1-time offenders getting lesser punishment. Thank the guy who showed it on youtube everyone, so much happened at the same time, and to make it better, sega was having big updating problems too. Combine the both, and they had to cut the line somewhere.

We have decided to keep the 281 bans we announced last week permanent. To clear up any confusion about your account and billing status these will be reported to Microsoft, but SEGA is not asking them to do anything else with the information.

After more thought and deliberation we unfortunately had to base our final decision on the need to put our resources and time to help other users and solve other problems. While a permanent ban for one time offenders is harsh, we can not give you all equal and fair appeals based on what you did with the items you duplicated or previous problems.

Please be aware that there is little other then account banning that we can use to police this game, especially on the Xbox 360 where players can not be identified by or contacted by SEGA. We are painfully aware of our own limitations in this matter, but still feel that a mass banning of item duplicators will be better for the game at this point then doing nothing. We have not given up on this game and have a lot of work ahead of us to keep the improvements coming.[/spoiler-box]
everybody jumped on the boat and decided to do it the same time, there is why it ended this way, blame yourselves.

EDIT: and as a note, it doesn't matter if its a coding problem, there will always be coding problems it is unavoidable, and many are very obscure until one person just happens to hit the right spot. That does NOT make it ok. It is in your online agreement, that you agree you will NOT purposefully abuse these such errors, and report them so they may be fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-13 05:58 ]</font>

Mewnie
Feb 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
Drop the fucking hammer >:3

Sucks for those who just dabbled in it out of curiosity, but ST needs to set an example.

Rashiid
Feb 13, 2008, 09:35 AM
On 2008-02-13 03:29, jayster wrote:

"Officer! I never made the drugs, just sold them!"

amtalx
Feb 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
Its interesting to see everyone's responses. Giving people the boot for "testing the water" is a bit harsh. I think a stiff temp ban (a month maybe?) for the lesser offenders would have been great. Unfortunately, ST is right on the money when it comes to lack of resources. They simply don't have the time to carefully evaluate everyones log to see exactly how much they profited and hand out individual punishments. Sure I suppose they could stop and review everyones case, but we wouldn't see updates for the next 6 months.

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
ST is swinging around the ban hammer like they were almighty thor. What they are doing is hurting the little profit they are bringing in. I mean they are the one that left the game with loose ends, so why should people be punished for their flub ups?

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
On 2008-02-13 07:07, AxleWolf wrote:
ST is swinging around the ban hammer like they were almighty thor. What they are doing is hurting the little profit they are bringing in. I mean they are the one that left the game with loose ends, so why should people be punished for their flub ups?

You're acting like the people who got dropped were somehow valuable assets to both the community and Sega's wallet. They're not.

In fact, it seems like at least half of the 281 banned accounts all ended up registering either here or on the official forums to post some kind of "why i get baend" topic to mope and cry and bitch and complain. You think I'm gonna miss any of them?

amtalx
Feb 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the "ST screwed up, why should we pay for their mistakes" line. Why? Becasue you aren't paying for their mistakes, you are paying for your mistakes. You and everyone else knows that it was wrong to duplicate Grinders. Taking something that isn't rightfully yours is wrong. We've know that since we were old enough to speak. Just becuase you don't have to enter "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left...etc." or use 3rd party software doesn't make it kosher. It's still cheating, even if you aren't technically going outside the boundaries of the game. You did something wrong, and you know it. Playing it off like its in a gray area doesn't make it right. The EULA clearly states that you can, will, and should be at STs mercy for your offenses.

Is the punishment a little harsh for some? Yes. Unfotunately, you touched a hot stove and got burned. For those that were just "experimenting", I hope ST listens to your woes and makes a fair decision. However, remember what happened the next time a scenario like this rolls around.

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
Why punish someone for their own goof up? it makes no sense.
And besides it's a freaking game, and if the game allows it the it's fine there were no moding or tweeking of the console so if they didn't want that to happen st/sega should have pulled up their briches and got business done right the first time. they rush in order to get it out there faster and when bugs or mods are updated/added their poke us with the cost. look how many times they milked the sonic adventure series, and not to mention how many diffrent versions there were for the first SA and the PSO ver.1 & 2 and don't forget pso episode I & II. And if you or anyone don't like what I have to say. then you can do a barrel roll. because it's the truth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxleWolf on 2008-02-13 07:40 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 13, 2008, 10:37 AM
So I guess if someone leaves a pie unguarded on a window sill, its ok to take it because there is no sign to tell me its not mine or a barbed wire perimeter to stop me from getting to said pie.

Is it foolish to leave your possesions where others can easily take them? Yes. However, stealing is still wrong, even if its easy and the situation presents itself where there is nothing to stop you.

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 10:41 AM
On 2008-02-13 07:27, AxleWolf wrote:
And besides it's a freaking game, and if the game allows it the it's fine there were no moding or tweeking of the console so if they didn't want that to happen st/sega should have pulled up their briches and got business done right the first time. they rush in order to get it out there faster and when bugs or mods are updated/added their poke us with the cost. look how many times they milked the sonic adventure series, and not to mention how many diffrent versions there were for the first SA and the PSO ver.1 & 2 and don't forget pso episode I & II. And if you or anyone don't like what I have to say. then you can do a barrel roll. because it's the truth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxleWolf on 2008-02-13 07:40 ]</font>

You are the dumbest person.

10 meseta says you're one of those "why i got baend" people I was just talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2008-02-13 07:43 ]</font>

Syaoran2
Feb 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
I don't see how people can really be "curious" and do this glitch, it's not hard to do or anything. And if you are doing it, you obviously knew you what you were getting yourself into because of the little f*ckin news ticker that went across the screen. And to actually complete this "glitch" you had to have an a$$load of grinders anyways, so I say good riddance to those who are gone and hurray for everyone that was cool enough not to abuse how the game works.

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 10:44 AM
On 2008-02-13 07:41, Sekani wrote:

10 meseta says you're one of those "why i got baend" people I was just talking about.

LMAO! You wish though.

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 10:57 AM
On 2008-02-13 07:44, AxleWolf wrote:

LMAO! You wish though.

Your join date and preferred topic of discussion are very suspect. Nevertheless, I point you to this lovely little document. (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_conduct.php) Read it and shut up.

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 11:00 AM
On 2008-02-13 07:57, Sekani wrote:

On 2008-02-13 07:44, AxleWolf wrote:

LMAO! You wish though.

Your join date and preferred topic of discussion are very suspect. Nevertheless, I point you to this lovely little document. (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_conduct.php) Read it and shut up.

And I submit to you, that you can do a barrel roll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
http://a472.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/105/l_367f1d739b21b9e2eb9de45ca87c9d57.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxleWolf on 2008-02-13 08:06 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 11:06 AM
Why the hell would I want to perform acrobatic maneuvers in a small aircraft, and what does that have to do with this discussion?

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 11:13 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:06, Sekani wrote:
Why the hell would I want to perform acrobatic maneuvers in a small aircraft, and what does that have to do with this discussion?

because you would like it. And maybe after you do it, try putting some bengay on your ballz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:13, AxleWolf wrote:

because you would like it. And maybe after you do it, try putting some bengay on your ballz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ur mom

amtalx
Feb 13, 2008, 11:16 AM
DERAILED

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 11:21 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:15, Sekani wrote:

On 2008-02-13 08:13, AxleWolf wrote:

ur mom

Aw, did you get butt hurt??
http://a303.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/l_90ae0c9100cef95d00500de5a32f4c06.jpg
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

LMAO!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxleWolf on 2008-02-13 08:28 ]</font>

Syaoran2
Feb 13, 2008, 11:29 AM
I love how this argument is completely off-topic...

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 11:31 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:29, Syaoran2 wrote:
I love how this argument is completely off-topic...

I know. Right? LULZ

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 12:16 PM
On 2008-02-13 07:57, Sekani wrote:

Your join date and preferred topic of discussion are very suspect.

And besides regaurdless of your braindead suspicions (not suspect) I just only joined to show off my bitchin' now sig. I made. You like that don't ya' yesh you do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxleWolf on 2008-02-13 09:17 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Feb 13, 2008, 12:17 PM
On 2008-02-13 01:50, Dealer wrote:
Why would anyone think their behaviour is excusable if they tried to get something for nothing - at the expense of other players and the game at large? Whether you tried to get grinders for free for personal use,-------- - we don't need players like you in the game.

Well, I'm just trying to note that if tried to max grind most of my inventory via glitching myself, or just buy them dirt cheap off someone's shop, you'd result in 2 VERY different type of bans.
IMO, if you're gonna throw around the perma ban hammer, then ALL folks involved should be perma banned. Hey, there's only black and white right?
That's why I thought temp bans work just fine. Glitchers just needed a longer sentence. ESPECIALLY since they've fixed the glitch down the road.

IMO, ruining the economy through selling them in your shop or to the NPC (cause it hurts EVERYONE) is a much GREATER offense compared to those who are just using them for personal use.

What erks me the most is that because I CHOSE not to circulate my $ but instead made my own to use, I got perma banned. So if I continued to support glitchers by constantly buying from them to get the same results I got with my weapons, I'd only get a 2 day ban.
Oh.... It hurts to be made an example of....

And for those who are thinking "serves me right for taking the easy way out". Well, sure. Tell that to the hundreds MORE who just got a slap on the wrist with their 2 day suppensions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'
Besides, it's laughable to see my collection of grinded crea weapons to be seen as "threatening/unbalancing" in the game. After transfering to the 360 for 3+ months most of my inventory are 7* weapons. lol. And I was STILL trying to catch up to my PS2 counterparts.

On the other hand, I got to better see how the grinding system worked. YES! I was both curious if the glitched worked. But more curious on what S+10 grinders can do. (hell, most of us were also curious on how often rares dropped when the xmas test mission quest was released).
I honestly thought they'd do a roll back cause of their past track record. That plus I NEVER saw any warning message either. I play anywhere from midnight to 4am. lol.
And it's really sad that Sega would concider these items as game breaking. Over 6 hrs of grinding, I only got ONE A rank to 10/10. Lots of A rank 7/7 - 8/8 tho.
One S rank to 2/2. Only one S to 7/10, etc.
Current grinding system really IS sad and depressing even WITH S+10.

O-well. Guess I gotta put the game on hold for 6 months or so. I just can't bring myself to start over again so soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-13 09:28 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 12:25 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:17, chibiLegolas wrote:

Well, I'm just trying to note that if tried to max grind most of my inventory via glitching myself, or just buy them dirt cheap off someone's shop, you'd result in 2 VERY different type of bans.
IMO, if you're gonna throw around the perma ban hammer, then ALL folks involved should be perma banned. Hey, there's only black and white right?
That's why I thought temp bans work just fine. Glitchers just needed a longer sentence. ESPECIALLY since they've fixed the glitch down the road.
Buying glitched grinders may be against the Super Legit Players' Code of Game Morality, but it's not a violation of the PSU code of conduct. Looks like you forgot which law is actually THE law.

chibiLegolas
Feb 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:25, Sekani wrote:

Buying glitched grinders may be against the Super Legit Players' Code of Game Morality, but it's not a violation of the PSU code of conduct. Looks like you forgot which law is actually THE law.

Yea, guess so. In life, my morals superceed "THE law". I guess that's just the way I'm wired.
O-well. Sucks to be in my boat.
All you lawful good folks out there enjoy yourselves. >_>

I guess it's about time I finish my PSO/PSU sculpts anyways.

CelestialBlade
Feb 13, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evidently it IS the law, because a bunch of people got banned for it.

AxleWolf
Feb 13, 2008, 01:36 PM
It's sad really...
An offline game that is about an online game and plays like an online game is better then what Sega/ST are letting this game become. Let's face it, Sega's/ST's games just plumit even deeper in the toilet with each game they make/come out with... -_-;

If I were the owner of sega or sonic team company I would drop them like rock.

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 02:20 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:33, chibiLegolas wrote:

On 2008-02-13 09:25, Sekani wrote:

Yea, guess so. In life, my morals superceed "THE law". I guess that's just the way I'm wired.
O-well. Sucks to be in my boat.
All you lawful good folks out there enjoy yourselves. >_>

I guess it's about time I finish my PSO/PSU sculpts anyways.

In "life", yeah, I guess that would make sense. But then again in "life" every PSU player would be locked up for genocide.

Ken_Silver
Feb 13, 2008, 02:55 PM
I think that Sonic Team had a really bad day and just knocked off a bunch of people without 100% complete justification.

I mean for the first time, never had a clue offenders, where's Phoenix Wright and his "OBJECTION!!!" line?

I mean Sonic team does want to keep new customers while maintaining peace and order right. They have yet to find that middle ground. And it doesn't help when Microsoft is there acting as a barrier between the players and ST themselves... so maybe Sonic team's hand was forced... but that doesn't make it right.

I'm on the PC and thus I wasn't affected by this at all, but people like Chibi don't seem to deserve the perma-ban that they've gotten. Justice has to be fair and balanced. We need to have Justice. Sonic Team needs how to use Justice right and properly.

If you shoot a criminal and two bystanders, do the bystanders not count for being at the wrong place at the wrong time? O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-02-13 11:55 ]</font>

Reipard
Feb 13, 2008, 03:02 PM
My problem here:

Photon Gacha Situation: "Okay, we fucked up. We're going to investigate the Gacha users and if anyone is found to have hacked, we're going to ban."

PSO World: "WTF SEGAAAAAAA THIS IS UR SCREWUP WHY ARE YOU BANNING SO READILYYY"

Grinder Situation: "Okay, we fucked up. We're going to arbitrarily ban anyone and everyone permanently who has a lot of S Grinders, especially for low prices in their shops."

PSO World: "YESS! SHOW THOSE CHEATERS WHO'S BOSS SEGA! BANHAMMERPWNED!"

I can understand a lack of desire to put forth resources to solve this problem, but facing nearly $3000 per month of income lost and quite possibly permanently for any future products due to customer bitterness, I think there's a bit more necessity for the proper investigation.

And I'm sure a small team can review 283 logs in a reasonable enough amount of time. But I don't claim to know how their logs work, so maybe it WAS just too much time and money compared to the loss.

Ken_Silver
Feb 13, 2008, 03:06 PM
On 2008-02-13 12:02, Reipard wrote:
My problem here:

I can understand a lack of desire to put forth resources to solve this problem, but facing nearly $3000 per month of income lost and quite possibly permanently for any future products due to customer bitterness, I think there's a bit more necessity for the proper investigation.

And I'm sure a small team can review 283 logs in a reasonable enough amount of time. But I don't claim to know how their logs work, so maybe it WAS just too much time and money compared to the loss.

That. Over $3000 is losses. Can ST really afford to drop all of that?

panzer_unit
Feb 13, 2008, 03:10 PM
On 2008-02-13 11:55, Ken_Silver wrote:
If you shoot a criminal and two bystanders, do the bystanders not count for being at the wrong place at the wrong time? O_o

Bystanders are those are the guys who didn't do anything and therefore didn't get themselves banned. Maybe duping grinders or buying cheap S+10's or +10 S-ranks is one of those "who wouldn't" crimes like looting a store during a riot/natural disaster or punching a neoconservative pundit in the face.

Note that those are still crimes.

chibiLegolas
Feb 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
On 2008-02-13 12:06, Ken_Silver wrote:

On 2008-02-13 12:02, Reipard wrote:
My problem here:

That. Over $3000 is losses. Can ST really afford to drop all of that?

Well, I can only assume that loosing $3000 is better than having a greater # of legit (AND temp. banned folks) leave if Sega chose not to do anything.

It just hurts to have myself categorized along with those low-lives who glitched for profit and buy out all the good S ranks on market.

And I never got to play around with my 50% crea saber 6/6 nor
Doric 2/2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I still have to laugh at the power of S+10.
><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-13 12:20 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Feb 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
On 2008-02-13 12:10, panzer_unit wrote:

Bystanders are those are the guys who didn't do anything and therefore didn't get themselves banned. Maybe duping grinders or buying cheap S+10's or +10 S-ranks is one of those "who wouldn't" crimes like looting a store during a riot/natural disaster or punching a neoconservative pundit in the face.

Note that those are still crimes.

Good one. Very good point. But I raise you this: What if Sonic Team is going by "guilt by association?" Or the idea of banning "because you might have been"? Some people who were banned didn't even participate in this whole fiasco. If they did "participate" there is the chance that it was unwillingly.

If someone wanted to get S grinders for cheap and saw this, they could have seen it as an error on the part of the shop owner. This is human error and not the game glitch (which also ironically ST's human error, another story.)

I just hope that Sonic Team didn't loose any potiental customers and stuff for the US/EU servers. Our community is already small and I don't want it to shrink anymore. Yes "villians" must be punished, but we can't go around throwing our might just because. Sonic Team did the right thing by booting the people, but by making the protesting/ trial part of the issue hard to do, if not impossible... that is where they fail.

panzer_unit
Feb 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
On 2008-02-13 12:19, Ken_Silver wrote:
Good one. Very good point. But I raise you this: What if Sonic Team is going by "guilt by association?" Or the idea of banning "because you might have been"?
If someone wanted to get S grinders for cheap and saw this, they could have seen it as an error on the part of the shop owner. This is human error and not the game glitch (which also ironically ST's human error, another story.)

I just hope that Sonic Team didn't loose any potiental customers and stuff for the US/EU servers.

I've gone through crap like this before on the PS2/PC servers and back then you had to be pretty witless to miss that something shady is going on;

The fallout from letting stuff like this slide is really bad too... if ST lets cheaters go they're going to lose more people from the best-behaved end of the community than they would from bans, while letting the worst get really rich.

McLaughlin
Feb 13, 2008, 03:58 PM
On 2008-02-13 07:19, Sekani wrote:
You think I'm gonna miss any of them?

;_;

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm on the PC and thus I wasn't affected by this at all, but people like Chibi don't seem to deserve the perma-ban that they've gotten. Justice has to be fair and balanced. We need to have Justice. Sonic Team needs how to use Justice right and properly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2008-02-13 11:55 ]</font>

not sure how many times I need to post this, and your bottom example doesnt work, they wern't bystanders they took part int he glitch.

Again, everyone jump on the bandwagon and stated glitching at same time, along with update issues, thats why it ended like this. Learnt he lesson.

I'll say again for those that preach "st's fault", it doesn't matter if it is a coding error and not 3rd party, it is impossible to find every obscure code error that under the right circumstance causes x to happen. Everyone virtually signed an agreement that they wouldn't abuse glitches such as this, if you don't like how that works, the on this "don't agree". Yes you can't play then, so dont bitch if you do.

They weren't banned for finding a game bug, they were banned for abusing it.

McLaughlin
Feb 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
Actually, I was banned for testing another (far more devastating) scenario, that turned out to be false.

But blanket statements are always 100% accurate.

chibiLegolas
Feb 13, 2008, 04:47 PM
On 2008-02-13 12:58, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

;_;

*pets Obsidian_Knight on shoulder*
It's cool. You're not alone. All we can do is wait it out. Like Silver_Wyrm posted, there's a chance you'd be appealed some time in the distant future.

But at the same time, it's kinda liberating. PSU (like PSO) was really starting to rule my life and I needed to step back from it anyways.

The things you own end up owning you. ~ Tyler Durden

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-13 13:49 ]</font>

Ashkahn
Feb 13, 2008, 08:28 PM
Sonic Team's banhammer makes Dulk Fakis' Level 9000 Diga look tame.

Good job, guys.

Sekani
Feb 13, 2008, 11:52 PM

;_;

Obsidian Knight was welcomed back into the world of Phantasy Star Universe at 8:40 PM Pacfic Standard Time.

chibiLegolas
Feb 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
On 2008-02-13 20:52, Sekani wrote:

;_;

Obsidian Knight was welcomed back into the world of Phantasy Star Universe at 8:40 PM Pacfic Standard Time.

Wow. Cool! Now that they got their update patch straightened out, maybe they can move forward on the appeals. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chu-chu-chu
Feb 14, 2008, 11:50 AM
LOL! They must keep that can of whoop-ass next to there can of Fuck-Up, since they can't get any updates right, LOLOLOOL!!!!

amirite?

hi, skenia! sotp stealing mah rarz, dawg!

chu-chu-chu
Feb 14, 2008, 11:59 AM

On 2008-02-13 01:50, Dealer wrote:
Why would anyone think their behaviour is excusable if they tried to get something for nothing - at the expense of other players and the game at large? Whether you tried to get grinders for free for personal use,-------- - we don't need players like you in the game.

IMO, ruining the economy through selling them in your shop or to the NPC (cause it hurts EVERYONE) is a much GREATER offense compared to those who are just using them for personal use.

What erks me the most is that because I CHOSE not to circulate my $ but instead made my own to use, I got perma banned. So if I continued to support glitchers by constantly buying from them to get the same results I got with my weapons, I'd only get a 2 day ban.
Oh.... It hurts to be made an example of....

And for those who are thinking "serves me right for taking the easy way out". Well, sure. Tell that to the hundreds MORE who just got a slap on the wrist with their 2 day suppensions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'
Besides, it's laughable to see my collection of grinded crea weapons to be seen as "threatening/unbalancing" in the game. After transfering to the 360 for 3+ months most of my inventory are 7* weapons. lol. And I was STILL trying to catch up to my PS2 counterparts.

On the other hand, I got to better see how the grinding system worked. YES! I was both curious if the glitched worked. But more curious on what S+10 grinders can do. (hell, most of us were also curious on how often rares dropped when the xmas test mission quest was released).
I honestly thought they'd do a roll back cause of their past track record. That plus I NEVER saw any warning message either. I play anywhere from midnight to 4am. lol.
And it's really sad that Sega would concider these items as game breaking. Over 6 hrs of grinding, I only got ONE A rank to 10/10. Lots of A rank 7/7 - 8/8 tho.
One S rank to 2/2. Only one S to 7/10, etc.
Current grinding system really IS sad and depressing even WITH S+10.

O-well. Guess I gotta put the game on hold for 6 months or so. I just can't bring myself to start over again so soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-13 09:28 ]</font>
I can see where the pace is you are coming from.

since duping completely messed up pso, it made no sense that duping wuld get punished on psu. affer all, right?, you were just hel[ping urself, and when is it not ok to help yourself it is always ok as long as you dont do anything to other people and in this game you are the only person? but no because there are shops and other people sometimes are wanting to get the stuff but they cant cuz they didn't have cheating grinders and duping so wait maybe you should of known better and it is good you got banned and it is gooder not to cheat in first palce hoping for a rollback because, lol, amirite, none came?

chibiLegolas
Feb 14, 2008, 03:49 PM
On 2008-02-14 08:59, chu-chu-chu wrote:
you were just hel[ping urself, and when is it not ok to help yourself it is always ok as long as you dont do anything to other people and in this game you are the only person? but no because there are shops and other people sometimes are wanting to get the stuff but they cant cuz they didn't have cheating grinders and duping so wait maybe you should of known better and it is good you got banned and it is gooder not to cheat in first palce hoping for a rollback because, lol, amirite, none came?

Yea, after the 2nd or 3rd day came, and no rollback came, I knew I was screwed. And you guys wanted folks like me to learn my lesson. But in my case (or at least in MY eyes), I only learned that I should of stuck with making the glitchers richer by constantly buying from them (for 1k - 2k) to grind all my weapons. That way, I'd still be playing to this day.
*sigh*

I honestly thought that ALL of us abusing the S+10 were "glitchers" and if Sega would perma ban anyone, it's the ones who were ruining the economy with them.
And of course, there was also the possibility that Sega would do NOTHING about the matter. So I chose the option to NOT further ruin the economy by putting my mesta into circulation.

O-well. I predicted wrong. So I'm paying for it now.

Well, there's nothing more to be said, so lets just leave it at this, no?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-14 13:03 ]</font>

strikershadow
Feb 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
because no one explained the glitched and it sounds like if you put an S+10 grinder in your shop players would buy it and u would get money but the item would never really leave your shop... >.> am i right? if not can someone please explain this? cause if this is the case then permabans werent nessarily... because in the code that must have been added in by someone on ST... i hope that coder got fired...

LOL and still shame on the players who found that and took advantage of it

Ken_Silver
Feb 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
On 2008-02-14 12:49, chibiLegolas wrote:

Yea, after the 2nd or 3rd day came, and no rollback came, I knew I was screwed. And you guys wanted folks like me to learn my lesson. But in my case (or at least in MY eyes), I only learned that I should of stuck with making the glitchers richer by constantly buying from them (which I could of done since they were selling for 1k - 2k) to grind all my weapons. That way, I'd still be playing to this day.
*sigh*
Well, there's nothing more to be said, so lets just leave it at this, no?

I agree. Let us *as a community* just agree to disagree.

And I personally hope that everyone who was banned wrongly gets there account back too. (That includes you too Chibi. I mean I look at your sig and I see Lv100+ characters. Ouch.)