PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm back to hating noobs with every fiber of my being.

Broodstar1337
Feb 12, 2008, 07:34 PM
Alright, check this out. I figured I'd try to get a little slice of this Guardian's Boost Road thing going on. A guy joins my party and we rip through Desert Terror and get to the Dimmogalus.

Now, lemme pause here and tell you about the random I ended up picking up. The guy was playing a FT. Lvl 91. Managed to get a hold of a Psycho Wand. Techs were retardedly underleveled; I saw this guy throwing around a Foie that didn't even look like it was past lvl 11. And it gets better once we get to the boss.

I'm generally not too hardcore on a player's equipment. This game is easy as shit and you shouldn't need top tier stuff to get through just about any run you're running. But there's just certain equipment that you're supposed to have if you're gonna bother playing a class. Like a bow, for example. Kudos to you if you can see where I'm going with this.

So Dimmogalus is flying around like a fucking asshole and I realize I'm the only guy hitting him for damage when he's up in the air. Why the hell is a lvl 91 FT running around with a Psycho Wand when he doesn't even have as much as a bow to handle something like a flying enemy? And whenever the boss isn't flying? The guy uses Diga. Diga of all fucking spells! At this point, I'm resolved to booting this guy after I'm finished with the run. There's no excuse as to why a lvl 91 FT doesn't understand basic combat strategies such as knowing your enemy and knowing how to match elements.

So with no thanks to my partner, Dimmogalus dies. We pop open the boxes. There's a [b] Gudda Hon with my name on it. And lo and behold...

[b] Gudda Hon goes to the partner.

At this point I wanted to punch a hole in a wall. Why does the dead weight get the goodies? Surely, this game couldn't sense that I actually did something to earn anything that would've came from those boxes. Damn Gudda Hon should've been mine.

This is bullshit in it's most unholy of forms. And the worst thing is that in future runs, I'll continue to earn the items I'll only get to see and never recieve while the slack-asses will get everything and never once earn them, even after they got the item.

-
Edit 4 language, watch it there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2008-02-12 21:40 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2008, 09:18 PM
yay for everything being random in this game!

But that reminds me during the winter event. Some acrotecher joined the party, we were choosing which route to go. The acrotecher says, any route except one with flying enemies. I check their inventory, only shadoogs, a wand, and whips. The wand was for buffing. The only techs this person had, were buffs and debuffs. The only weapon they had, was the whip. This person had nothing to hit a flying enemy. A class that has techs like Noszonde, has twin handguns, handguns, and hell, EVEN CARDS. You can stand on the ground and just swing your hand with the cards and it'll hit the boss, no aiming required.

Any class that has cards, really should take full use of them.

THE JACKEL

amtalx
Feb 12, 2008, 10:55 PM
I can feel your pain about rares going to people that do nothing in the party. That's why I run solo when I'm looking for rares, or I pick someone that can pull their own weight.

thunder-ray
Feb 12, 2008, 11:43 PM
I normally play with close friends to get decent rares since playing with random people is a pain.

Anduril
Feb 12, 2008, 11:49 PM
And that's why I boot people when the second they become dead weight (doesn't happen often as I mostly solo or join randoms when bored). If they're just wasting my time by having me support their incompetence they really don't deserve to get the Meseta and Mission points at the end of a mission. I know this makes me sound like a heartless bastard, but it's true.

thunder-ray
Feb 13, 2008, 05:23 AM
I normally dont mind sometimes having noobs that are trying to keep up with high lvls but at the same time trying to improve them selfs. However the noobs I dont care for are the noobs that dont give a damn about being usefull or just being there to get all the rares, mission points and meseta.

drizzle
Feb 13, 2008, 09:05 AM
On 2008-02-12 18:18, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
But that reminds me during the winter event. Some acrotecher joined the party, we were choosing which route to go. The acrotecher says, any route except one with flying enemies. I check their inventory, only shadoogs, a wand, and whips. The wand was for buffing. The only techs this person had, were buffs and debuffs. The only weapon they had, was the whip. This person had nothing to hit a flying enemy. A class that has techs like Noszonde, has twin handguns, handguns, and hell, EVEN CARDS. You can stand on the ground and just swing your hand with the cards and it'll hit the boss, no aiming required.

Heh, reminds me of a guy that was in my party once during the Firebreak event, he was a Fortetecher with nothing but a wand with Resta and Reverser. Not a single attack tech.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 13, 2008, 10:11 AM
On 2008-02-13 06:05, drizzle wrote:

On 2008-02-12 18:18, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

Heh, reminds me of a guy that was in my party once during the Firebreak event, he was a Fortetecher with nothing but a wand with Resta and Reverser. Not a single attack tech.

yeah the difference? I didn't tell you you couldn't go a certain way, or fight certain enemies because of it. On top of that, I said I didn't care about items, and I'd give anyone the item they wanted if I happened to get it. AND, you needed a certain number of people to be able to clear the mission.

Next time you try to bash me, make sure it's actually comparable... thanks!

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-02-13 07:11 ]</font>

drizzle
Feb 13, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hey, I didn't name any names. I just read your post and thought I'd share my story of someone who was even worse. Hehe.

Weeaboolits
Feb 13, 2008, 01:19 PM
You know it'sa entirely possible they went FT BECAUSE they found a psycho wand.

EJ
Feb 13, 2008, 03:20 PM
After awhile one would think if you are FT you should at least bring a strong bow or cards if you going to neudaiz or moatoob. ;/

thunder-ray
Feb 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
I agree with you on that. When i created a FT the first thing i wanted to do with my FT is become usefull. Though during the winter event it was tough since his attack techs were weak i needed to lvl hiim up some until i could solo a S mission. When i solo missions i normally just lvl one tech for awhile until it reachs a certain lvl that i target to stop at and lvl other techs. I dont wana go to a party and not be able to do as much as i should be doing, become dead weight to the party and get the rare everyone is looking for that they feel i didnt earn. Thats why i lvl my pas first before i do anything else.

Randomness
Feb 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
Any player who runs around without a weapon capable of hitting flying enemies needs to be smacked.

Furthermore, EVERY SINGLE CLASS OTHER THAN FORTEFIGHTER has a GOOD ranged weapon, be it bow, rifle, or twin handguns.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 13, 2008, 05:23 PM
I look at it this way: If I am doing lower rank missions than I expect to be in more of a guidance role - that is, helping other players survive, or picking up the slack when they are not prepared.

I make helpful suggestions along the way, and don't mind if they are ignored or disregarded.

If we are talking about S2 missions (and even most of these are pretty easy now), I expect every player will:

Have a way to deal with flying enemies.
Have access to thier own healing - though when I am in playing a tech user I will resta liberally.
Have a way to deal with resistant enemies (whether it be melee, tech or ranged)

You want to level your dark rifle in a hive mission? Ask me first whether it will be ok - or go solo a few missions.

to the player who lost the gudda hon - I am sorry, howver you mentioned you were going to boot the player - I feel you might have set that players expectation on rare drops before you were in the dimma fight.

DreXxiN
Feb 13, 2008, 06:08 PM
You might want to take a look at this.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=168619&forum=11&46

Noblewine
Feb 13, 2008, 06:09 PM
You got robbed however boot the player if they don't really do anything useful.

Darkly
Feb 13, 2008, 07:01 PM
The only thing i can suggest is, if you havn't already Broodstar, is to get someone to play regulary with. Like you i'm so sick of randoms when my mate's 360 died i didnt even bother playing psu, because its too frustrating now.

Broodstar1337
Feb 13, 2008, 09:25 PM
On 2008-02-13 16:01, Darkly wrote:
The only thing i can suggest is, if you havn't already Broodstar, is to get someone to play regulary with. Like you i'm so sick of randoms when my mate's 360 died i didnt even bother playing psu, because its too frustrating now.

I've been dying to get some good regulars to play with for a very long time. I've tried here, I've tried Sega's board, I've dug into IGN a little bit...

All of my arrangements have fallen apart and I have never once really partied with anyone on any sort of basis, save for a guild I participated in for a brief while.

Gets a little discouraging after awhile.

MrNomad
Feb 13, 2008, 10:07 PM
^ ^ you might just hafta try and befriend some randoms then, get to know them alittle more, have some cuddle time with the locals http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ragrappy99
Feb 14, 2008, 04:56 PM
"Well I'm back to hating noobs with every fiber of my being."

Did you ever not hate noobs?

Darkly
Feb 14, 2008, 08:15 PM
Broodstar, i play usually a few nights a week with my friend, but im uk though so the timing might be screwed. Either way you are welcome GT is D darkly.

NHOutlaw
Feb 17, 2008, 01:19 PM
maaaaaaannnnn, do i feel your pain. i dida run where it seems that everyone gets 9* star boards or better and i get mats. guuda skela goes to a FT, Axe Pikor goes to a ranger, Shigga desta goes to FF and i get a suffiad. then another kick ass oard comes around and do i get it? there is no justice. i think my beast was abused and adopted cuz i got the worst luck. so i lift a beer to you bro cuz at least i know im not alone onthis boat.

Broodstar1337
Feb 17, 2008, 08:51 PM
On 2008-02-14 13:56, Ragrappy99 wrote:
"Well I'm back to hating noobs with every fiber of my being."

Did you ever not hate noobs?

Well... I was in the womb once...

Gunslinger-08
Feb 18, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yep. I recently got jipped by random in an FOI party where folks were swinging stuff I could only dream of ever affording. They got everything. I got 4 fucking mats. The only thing I hate worse than utterly useless noobs are assholes who go around mocking me after they each walk away from FOI with as many valuble rares each as I own altogether. That and the random setting, as of yesterday...

A shame you're on 360 from the looks of it. I'd hang with you.

Mystil
Feb 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
Until they realize FoI is destroying the economy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 18, 2008, 08:52 PM
On 2008-02-18 17:16, Mystil wrote:
Until they realize FoI is destroying the economy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

one mission does not ruin the economy, all it did was lower the prices of viper, which no one really wanted anyways, and crimson, which basically no one uses. On top of that, every made weapon that drops, is never a high percent.

THE JACKEL

Raine_Loire
Feb 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
On 2008-02-13 16:01, Darkly wrote:

Yesh, I agree, that's what I do. I play with my 2 buddies... Shura and Lumia Waber. Sometimes I'll leave one of those two and grab Leo or Tonnio or Laia... And when I'm REALLY REALLY lucky, I get to play with my husband, but that hasn't happened since the game started sucking the winter event.

Broodstar1337
Feb 19, 2008, 04:44 PM
On 2008-02-18 17:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-02-18 17:16, Mystil wrote:

one mission does not ruin the economy, all it did was lower the prices of viper, which no one really wanted anyways, and crimson, which basically no one uses. On top of that, every made weapon that drops, is never a high percent.

THE JACKEL

Well, there's also your daggers, claws, and longswords that a lot of people are now grabbing. Not to mention Kohibumiteri and Shato are retardedly easy to grab now.

I have more Shatos now than I know what to do with. I just want the fuckton of experience.