PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope for it?

neili0z
Feb 13, 2008, 07:32 AM
I've been reading the forums for a while lately, never registered, but here i am. So here's the prob: I synthed my double agito last night and pulled it out this morning and it came out decent % and the power goes off. So i try to pull it out again and a neptuline comes out. WTF?? If it was already made, why would it give me something else? I thought it was already set in stone that if you made something, you made it? Right now the double agito is still in my bot. Is there any hope for it? Has this happened to anyone else? Plz help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-02-13 05:45 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Feb 13, 2008, 07:35 AM
Lol how'd it go back in your pm after you synthed it? did the power go off while you were still looking at the stats on the come-out screen?
If you were, then yea, that can still happen.
There is hope for it, so....just pray it works this time because I have no idea what glitch is happening that's making it go back into synthing mode twice.

neili0z
Feb 13, 2008, 07:37 AM
no i mean i pulled it out it came out 20%, and at that screen, power surge.

CelestialBlade
Feb 13, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hold on. You took out a Neptuline, but you say it's still in your bot? How'd that happen?

As for the initial taking out, I can understand that happening. There may be a slight lag time in between when you do something and when your progress in the online world is saved to PSU's servers, thus you may experience maybe 5 seconds of rollback if you don't log out normally. This is simply an issue with any online game and can't be worked around, but it makes sense why that happened.

Ezodagrom
Feb 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
Maybe he's probably playing offline x.x.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 13, 2008, 09:08 AM
you can *try* contact sega and see if they do anything but...no promises there

ZodiacNKnight
Feb 13, 2008, 09:09 AM
You can't get the DoubleAgito offline.

Ezodagrom
Feb 13, 2008, 09:12 AM
On 2008-02-13 06:09, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
You can't get the DoubleAgito offline.

Never played aoi offline, didn't knew http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragwind
Feb 13, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hmm, that sounds a bit odd. I don't think it could have gone back into the synth field after you pull it out, otherwise that would have caused an older glitch to work again. Or, from hence forth every time you pull it out it should fail....I think.

TQS
Feb 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
The same thing has happen to a friend of mine. They made a svaltus sword pulled it out but before he could put it in his inventory his xbox froze. After restarting he tried to pull it out but it was a failure. I am not sure if was happening before the whole Bear claw 50% glitch but that might have been ST way of fixing that glitch by having things fail if you try to get a better percent on a weapon. If so that really screws over people like you and my friend who just happen to have there power go out before being able to take out the weapon. I would say talk to ST about it. Maybe they will see if they can do something for you.

str898mustang
Feb 13, 2008, 11:01 AM
That is a auto-failed synth. Anytime you get disconnected from PSU right when u pull out a weapon but not store it anywhere, the next time you pull it out, it will automatically fail.

RedMussel
Feb 13, 2008, 11:03 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:01, str898mustang wrote:
That is a auto-failed synth. Anytime you get disconnected from PSU right when u pull out a weapon but not store it anywhere, the next time you pull it out, it will automatically fail.

They changed it? I thought the percent just went to 10.

Christmas
Feb 13, 2008, 11:08 AM
This is my understanding of it: If a weapon chance of making is less than 100%, usually it'll fail if you power off during the success screen. If it's at 100%, it'll be forced 10%. This was to deal with the glitched bearclaws, and such.

Neith
Feb 13, 2008, 11:13 AM
On 2008-02-13 06:54, Dragwind wrote:
Hmm, that sounds a bit odd. I don't think it could have gone back into the synth field after you pull it out, otherwise that would have caused an older glitch to work again. Or, from hence forth every time you pull it out it should fail....I think.

Yeah, I've tested this before. I synthed an Ank Tomho with a low success rate (trying for Catilium). Pulled it, and by some annoying fluke, it synthed. I use Alt+Tab to terminate PSU (as I play fullscreen on PC), and reloaded it. When I went back to my PM< the Ank Tomho synth was ready to take out (not in my inventory), and every time after that it failed, giving me a Junaline every time.

As for your Double Agito, sorry but it'll continually fail not matter how often you pull it out of the PM. You'll have to get another board I'm afraid.

neili0z
Feb 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
wow thanks sega. Why cant they just give me the same thing that popped out? I'm still leaving it in there and never taking it out just to say i really did have a double agito. Anyone know any upcoming events that'll give us a +% synth rate again? Maybe i'll try pulling it out at 100%.

Mikura
Feb 13, 2008, 11:18 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:15, neili0z wrote:
wow thanks sega. Why cant they just give me the same thing that popped out? I'm still leaving it in there and never taking it out just to say i really did have a double agito. Anyone know any upcoming events that'll give us a +% synth rate again? Maybe i'll try pulling it out at 100%.

We should be getting another synth boost in the future during MAG? I'm not quite sure about that but I'm not sure even with a synth % increase in the future if that will turn your failed board around. I'm doubting it will though.

neili0z
Feb 13, 2008, 11:32 AM
one can always hope right?

Mikura
Feb 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
On 2008-02-13 08:32, neili0z wrote:
one can always hope right?

Worth a shot I suppose, just don't hold your breath. I suggest in the mean time while you're waiting, you try finding another board. xD

landman
Feb 13, 2008, 11:42 AM
It's not really hard to understand, one year ago there were some players with lots of 50% weapons and armours, Sega put the "break"fix but they forgot about the 100% sinth chance weapons and later they put the "10%" fix, they should have put from the beginning the 10% fix or undo the "break" one

neili0z
Feb 13, 2008, 11:58 AM
so i suppose, but most likely not, if its at 100%, it should come out at a forced 10% right? i'd take a 10% double agito over a neptuline any day. =P

Christmas
Feb 13, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm going to get a lot of flack from this (in game, and possibly here) but...

It does work. with melee at least. It's untested with range and technique weapons as far as I know. I just sent a support ticket to Sega telling them about it, let's see if they even bother fixing it before the next event. I really hope they do.

Mikura
Feb 13, 2008, 12:27 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:24, Christmas wrote:
I'm going to get a lot of flack from this (in game, and possibly here) but...

It does work. with melee at least. It's untested with range and technique weapons as far as I know. I just sent a support ticket to Sega telling them about it, let's see if they even bother fixing it before the next event. I really hope they do.

You mean with a 100% success rate, his failure would succeed? I don't see why you'd get flack for this. It's not like we get synth bonuses that often and considering the guy's situation, he deserves a break.

Christmas
Feb 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
Ah, it's supposed to be secret secret. You know how it is...

Mikura
Feb 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:29, Christmas wrote:
Ah, it's supposed to be secret secret. You know how it is...

I guess some will get anal about it but even with a success it'll only be 10%, correct? So there's still a price to pay.

Christmas
Feb 13, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah, but main thing here is range and technique weapons. I'm not sure how those will end up. If they do work, there's quite a bit waiting to be made that failed before.

neili0z
Feb 13, 2008, 12:35 PM
not such a big price tho.. at least you still get the weapon

Mikura
Feb 13, 2008, 12:46 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:35, Christmas wrote:
Yeah, but main thing here is range and technique weapons. I'm not sure how those will end up. If they do work, there's quite a bit waiting to be made that failed before.

True. If it works with ranged and technique weapons too, that would be far more beneficial to those weapon types to simply wait out for a synth boost. As infrequent as we get huge synth boosts though, I'm not sure if it's going to be Sega's top priority to fix it any time soon but we'll see.

I still don't think it's such a bad idea either to leave it as is to give people that failed a second chance at it. I know the reasoning behind making items auto-fail or a low 10% if the system's powered off when you see the results because it avoids player exploits, but it sucks when it occurs simply because of a fluke power outage or game freeze.

Christmas
Feb 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
The 10% thing isn't that bad, like you said it's 10%. It won't matter too much, and I do agree with you that a lot of people deserve at least the weapon. I was almost a victim of the game going out on me myself during a synth, had I waited 3 seconds longer I wouldn't be too happy. :