PDA

View Full Version : Like a giddy little school-girl...

TheOneHero
Feb 13, 2008, 12:21 PM
I started playing Tales of Symphonia again, in preperation for Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the New World (Western title).

One day, we didn't have a computer nor was I able to play. Well, I love me some Tales so I went through all my old Nintendo Power magazines to read some Tales stuff that I already knew.

The first article NP mentioned ToS GC...they spoiled some of the biggest plot-twists.

[spoiler-box]Genis being a Half-elf. Sheena not being evil. Kratos betraying you. etc. etc.[/spoiler-box]

Now seeing that ToS : DotNW is getting it's own article in Nintendo Power. I will not read it.

Because Nintendo Power sucks.

1. False information.
2. Spoiler-loaded articles. (Despite saying it would be "spoiler free")
3. Biased fanboys.
4. Annoying fanboys.
5. Terrible magazine layout, holy crap, so terrible. The worst layout I've ever seen.

But yeah, I'm pumped for Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the New world!!!

Sheena <3 <3 <3 <3

AlexCraig
Feb 13, 2008, 12:24 PM
I might get it. I know my brother would love it.

EJ
Feb 13, 2008, 12:26 PM
But I subscribe to Nintendo Power for years and I like the layout and articles. D;

But yea the new ToS: DotNW will be awesome.

raikomaru40
Feb 13, 2008, 12:27 PM
On 2008-02-13 09:21, TheOneHero wrote:
Because Nintendo Power sucks.

1. False information.
2. Spoiler-loaded articles. (Despite saying it would be "spoiler free")
3. Biased fanboys.
4. Annoying fanboys.
5. Terrible magazine layout, holy crap, so terrible. The worst layout I've ever seen.

i get NP, and i don't think it's that bad....thou i admit it's not perfect...it also recently came under the new management of Future US

TheOneHero
Feb 13, 2008, 01:00 PM
When doing research on the internet, I've always come to find NP has presented false information or inaccurate. A lot of the reviews are very fanboyish, and I can never find anything in the magazine.

Including the index.

raikomaru40
Feb 13, 2008, 02:21 PM
yea, they explained the inaccurate info by saying that "the developers changed the (insert info here) just after we released the new issue"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: raikomaru40 on 2008-02-13 11:21 ]</font>

Sord
Feb 13, 2008, 02:33 PM
haven't had a sunscription to a gme magazine since last year, but it was a christmas gift and not something I asked for. When i want to know how a game is, I usually just go to places where you can submit user reviews. Read through a few sites (in case one has a population of fanboys or haters) and just figure out wether I should play it from there.

TalHex
Feb 13, 2008, 06:21 PM
i hated that they took away your bonus options for resubscription...

Sayara
Feb 13, 2008, 06:32 PM
NP use to be good. :<

PhotonDrop
Feb 13, 2008, 07:09 PM
I remember getting the Majora's Mask sountrack for re-subscribing.

I'll be damned if I got anything more than a dinky players guide for some game I didn't own afterwards.

Dhylec
Feb 13, 2008, 07:44 PM
;o where da giddy gal?

TalHex
Feb 13, 2008, 08:36 PM
they offered me the phantom hourglass guide! who in their right mind needs that?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 14, 2008, 04:25 AM
On 2008-02-13 16:44, Dhylec wrote:
;o where da giddy gal?

Hopefully in school & also learn to hadoken self defense school on the side to beat up Nintendo Power opinion people.