PDA

View Full Version : Which super-spammed skill do you hate the most?

Helly
Feb 14, 2008, 12:49 AM
In the beginning there was spinny. Then came ridey. And now slicey. These three skills are/were undoubtedly the most spammed skill PA's in the game! None other have even come close! Which of these three cause ya to groan when seeing 'em pulled out and used?

Zorafim
Feb 14, 2008, 12:52 AM
Notice, of course, that all of them look completely ridiculous. Why must all the good PAs look terrible?
I miss my Dus Daggas...

Mine is probably Majarra, simply because now everyone has it. It's a nice looking PA if not seen too much, but it's just rediculous when it's seen everyone. Not to mention annoying...

SATatami
Feb 14, 2008, 12:52 AM
Needs a Visshi Gruda or Vivvi Danga option. 99% of the time, these PAs are used in an idiotic fashion that does nothing more than fling monsters across the room while doing crap damage, pissing EVERYONE off. and 95% of the time they're used by ATs that don't have a SINGLE tech. Meh.

Weak
Feb 14, 2008, 12:55 AM
Where's Anga Jabroga?

pikachief
Feb 14, 2008, 12:57 AM
On 2008-02-13 21:52, SATatami wrote:
Needs a Visshi Gruda or Vivvi Danga option. 99% of the time, these PAs are used in an idiotic fashion that does nothing more than fling monsters across the room while doing crap damage, pissing EVERYONE off. and 95% of the time they're used by ATs that don't have a SINGLE tech. Meh.

i use mine after i noticed everyones healed and buffs, and only use it on kogg nads and dragon bosses, its really the only thing u should be using it because you got spells that if u know how to sue are much better.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 14, 2008, 01:02 AM
Slicer PA definitely. Sadly my lousy ANA is guilty of whoring it to death too. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-13 22:03 ]</font>

Helly
Feb 14, 2008, 01:02 AM
On 2008-02-13 21:52, SATatami wrote:

Any PA can be used dumbly. ~_~

This is a poll of the absolute top three most spammed skills hehe! The fact that all three were nerfed at one time or another is proof of that!

On 2008-02-13 21:55, Weak wrote:
Where's Anga Jabroga?

That ones not really super spammable since its so slow/easy to get knocked out of. I see people use it lately but the most spammed axe skills probably still the second one~

Alizarin
Feb 14, 2008, 01:12 AM
Majarra, ever since I saw it I never stopped seeing it when spear users were involved.

pikachief
Feb 14, 2008, 01:14 AM
I love those PAs thoguh D:

especially majjarra, i try not to use the last combo cuz of knockback tho >.< that gets annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Starrz
Feb 14, 2008, 01:27 AM
No option for none? Fail

dc534
Feb 14, 2008, 01:30 AM
well until sega give people like us better drop rates for running the runs slower than these pa's and future pa's will be spammed and used willingly. Me I usually am using the shotgun in a group, good damage as well as infect, when the situation calls for it I usually use a bow. Other than that I love me my skelas and although the pa's are slow I still bust out bogga danga every once in a while. I am used to not doing the most damage being human for one and also being a protranser, so if I am in a party than no I really dont spam the pa's that much. I let others do it and just level up my bullets, thats where the true mastery of these game lies, once you get all your bullets and not skills past 30 then you are a pimp, I dont care if you have skills past 30 it does a load of damage but skills are easy to level compared to bullets and techs.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 14, 2008, 01:47 AM
Resta

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 14, 2008, 01:52 AM
the drop rates are pretty good...I got 3 bh in two days among many other things, and I work full shifts too so im not on terribly too much... -.-

for me its chiki, I know this game doesn't take much skill but thats taking it to a new level...

Anduril
Feb 14, 2008, 01:53 AM
Reverser, JUST LET ME TAKE MY POISON LIKE A MAN! I DON'T WANT TO BE HEALED!

But I would have to honestly say Majarra. Sure I use it, but when people use it exclusively I just get sick of it since they keep moving the enemies with the first and third parts of the combo.

hiraisho
Feb 14, 2008, 02:01 AM
/vote Jabroga

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 14, 2008, 02:20 AM
How does one hate Majarra? At least it looks cool and it's fun to use. Chikki is lazy and not cool looking. Choutou Kantsu-jin is better looking.

Freshellent
Feb 14, 2008, 02:55 AM
I don't see an option for Resta. Resta's for noobs. Obviously.

You've got to be fucking with me.

New_One
Feb 14, 2008, 02:59 AM
Majarra.

But I don't get what all the fuss about it is, imo Buten is much more efficient...atleast for mobs anyways.

SATatami
Feb 14, 2008, 03:00 AM
On 2008-02-13 23:20, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
How does one hate Majarra? At least it looks cool and it's fun to use. Chikki is lazy and not cool looking. Choutou Kantsu-jin is better looking.

Majarra is by far, the most RANDOM PA ever. First you got the first combo. Riding your spear. Alright, that's all fine and dandy. Second combo? Jump in the air and stab like a maniac.

. . .

Now, how do you go from riding spears to stabbing to baseball swings? Liek srsly. Hao.

Finae
Feb 14, 2008, 03:04 AM
Lol, I dunno, when white beast was the hot spot and my jabroni was 40, people were getting jealous/mad because I was able to jabroni faster than they could hit haha. The jealousy part is the dmg itself. How is that possible? Simple, most nub in party don't move fast. I move fast, so by the time they get there, jabroni is bout to fire off. Getting interupted doesn't occur that much with me, only when I'm not paying attention or just too lazy to switch to another pa in which jabroni is not needed.

Anyways chikki for life, perfect lazy man tool. I vote for absolute trash (dance).

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 03:05 AM
On 2008-02-13 23:20, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Chikki is lazy and not cool looking.

You haven't seen me use it ^_~

Lloyd_Waver
Feb 14, 2008, 03:08 AM
I hate both of them.

Although I use Chikki for the time being, I don't like it or spam it. I mainly use it against those pesky little monsters (Badira comes to mind) that are hard to melee with other weapons, since they fly backwards each time you hit them. I'm currently coleecting fragments for Choutou.

SolRiver
Feb 14, 2008, 03:12 AM
Majarra insult my intelligence with its riding on the spear thing.

If the animation of it was fluid, it would have been fine... but no, that is not how I expect a spear should be wield.

If it was a sword PA like a surfing board, I would have been more ok with it...

Alizarin
Feb 14, 2008, 03:13 AM
On 2008-02-14 00:00, SATatami wrote:
Majarra is by far, the most RANDOM PA ever.

What about Chuei?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizarin on 2008-02-14 00:14 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Feb 14, 2008, 03:21 AM
Yeah, Chuuei is like... 'Wat.' First you swim like a fish. Then you jump all over the place... lol

It's even better if you use twin kitty claw with it so you meow the whole time. Majarra has nothing on that one.

Overspammed PA I hate: Fucking Absolute Dance. Ugh.

Ashkahn
Feb 14, 2008, 03:44 AM
I remember back when Tornado Dance was the big thing. Couldn't even walk without tripping over a Fighgunner doing his best airplane impersonation.

But Majarra, by far. Am I guilty of using it? Hell yes. But at least I have the good sense to save the knockback for large creatures.

icewyrm
Feb 14, 2008, 04:42 AM
The only time I find it annoying, is when people use PAs and nothing else. The normal attacks look cool dammit, use them! Also, I find it incredibly annoying when someone uses chikki, and just chikki - they don't even bother with a single hit to JA it! Just chikki chikki chikki chikki chikki chikki argggh

Kanju
Feb 14, 2008, 05:13 AM
Chikki Kyoren-jin. It's not giving fighters range that bothers me; its the range, plus the ability to JA it, plus giving insain percent on it, plus the already ridiculous damage that bothers me.

Iduno
Feb 14, 2008, 05:36 AM
chikki, the rest of us like PA experience too you know!

IsoDonk
Feb 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
Tornado Dance! Awful PA and it used to be everywhere.

jayster
Feb 14, 2008, 06:31 AM
I remember the first pa for twin daggers, that used to be godly until the nerfed it (way early in the game)

amtalx
Feb 14, 2008, 07:26 AM
I boot for Chikki. End of story. Use it...but don't be an asshole.

Temjin-On
Feb 14, 2008, 08:08 AM
Honestly, I still see a lot of good ol' ridey.

As for Chikki, I happen to keep a Hiken permanently on my pallete on my Fighgunner, and I have a hell of a time leveling Chikki, honestly. Mainly because I'm too cheap to drop on massive PCs or use the Cubes when I come to them, but then again I'm only 30 or 40 something, so... you know, I'm sure I don't get the worst of it.

magicman34
Feb 14, 2008, 09:11 AM
Isn't the whole idea to kill things as quickly as possible and not to see who has the best dance moves or least used pa??

I say anything that sends em flying, be it straight up or across the room is a total pain when ur a ranger or force. By the time ur bullet (especially laser cannon) or foie gets to the point of impact someone has removed your target. I banned my pal from using tornado dance it got so annoying.

As for Chikki, my acrofighter usually runs round with a palette full of slicers and shadoogs. I use standard attack to help recharge and one the little guys while chikki the f*?k out of the big boys. What are you supposed to do when a mob of 6 is heading straight for you? Dance around throwing a few standard shots and wait for the impact or try take a couple out with chikki or at least reduce the HP to a manageable level. I have both slicer pa's at 40 and chikki is by far the strongest/most effective, but my 7/8/9* shadoogs can do far more damage than the standard slicer 3 move attack.

If you don't like the pa someone is using, have you ever thought they might not like the one you are using also. It doesn't have to be big and flashy to be annoying, wots worse someone doing decent damage or someone levelin a pa with damage a level 1 could do.

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hehe. I know what you mean. You really got to work extra hard with Laser Cannon when people send a bunch of things flying. All of a sudden a good choice weapon becomes the worst one to use, and then you either have to run a sizable distance to another part of the field, or you have to wait to switch weapons to deal with the now separated party. Kind of a shame, in a way, because I lose an incredible amount of damage potential, in those cases.

The main throwing weapon I don't mind is MayaLee Prism, because it keeps them all grouped up. They fly, but they fly directly in a precise direction (hopefully towards a wall).

The problem is, I don't recognize all these PAs by the freakish names. I mainly recognize (in particular, ones I don't use) by the Weapon the PA is associated with.

The only thing I don't like about the first PA on the list is that it's just plain overpowered for a ranged weapon. That thing would be cheese in the hands of a ranger IF they had it. It's made even worse by the fact that it isn't a ranger weapon, but it usurps most of the ranger weapons in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-14 06:22 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 14, 2008, 09:25 AM
On 2008-02-14 06:14, Akaimizu wrote:
Hehe. I know what you mean. You really got to work extra hard with Laser Cannon when people send a bunch of things flying. All of a sudden a good choice weapon becomes the worst one to use, and then you either have to run a sizable distance to another part of the field, or you have to wait to switch weapons to deal with the now separated party. Kind of a shame, in a way, because I lose an incredible amount of damage potential, in those cases.

This is why I make absolutely sure that I am always the first person in a room. When you draw 100% of the aggro, all the enemies funnel towards you. I hope you like Laser Cannon enemas bitches.

The main throwing weapon I don't mind is MayaLee Prism, because it keeps them all grouped up. They fly, but they fly directly in a precise direction (hopefully towards a wall).

THANK YOU! Fighters should never be responsible for crowd control. They suck at it. Always. Ranger knockback is focused, fighter knockback is OMG-FUCKING-NUCLEAR-EXPLOSION. Does anyone else remember running labs when the Fighgunner used Tornado Dance on that huge pack of Volfu?

MrNomad
Feb 14, 2008, 09:31 AM
Whats with all the Absolute hate? Just because it's the 2nd strongest pa and has awesome mob control doesn't mean you hafta be jealous over it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif As for the topic, I'd say chikki. Skilless spam tool.

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
It's not jealously. It's about losing all comparable damage potential, for the class, when stuff like that throws mobs haphazardly. I don't have a choice in making up for it, if the mobs are thrown in every different direction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-14 06:37 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 09:40 AM
On 2008-02-14 06:25, amtalx wrote:
Does anyone else remember running labs when the Fighgunner used Tornado Dance on that huge pack of Volfu?

Well, I won't go that far to say it's a fighter's/gunner's thing. Not so careful use of grenades can be just as bad. There aren't too many multi-mob weapons that force precise directional crowd control the Laser Cannon PA does. The saber PAs and such can also be used in a directional organizational method, if they care to line up their shots. Something I consider when I do play fighter types. I think of what the others need when using the PAs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-14 06:41 ]</font>

MrNomad
Feb 14, 2008, 09:50 AM
On 2008-02-14 06:35, Akaimizu wrote:
It's not jealously. It's about losing all comparable damage potential, for the class, when stuff like that throws mobs haphazardly. I don't have a choice in making up for it, if the mobs are thrown in every different direction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-14 06:37 ]</font>
Except Absolute dance throws mobs UPWARDS, as in they're kept in place and left for you to do more dmg while they're down. Not only that but the 1st and 2nd combos do a great amount of dmg so much that most monsters would be dead or dead by the next hit =D

magicman34
Feb 14, 2008, 10:05 AM
If anything the jealous issue is over chikki. As an acrofighter we are supposed to be able to deal some decent damage hence the fighter part of the name. Would people be happier if instead of slicers we were able to throw our daggers as u can irl. Maybe we should be Acroassassins with throwing daggers and throwing stars.

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 10:12 AM
Dealing damage is fine, but making it effectively a ranged weapon with that damage is what makes it a bit silly. It's basically putting a super powerful gun in their hands, but disguised as a blade. And as a fighter, it's usually more akin to the idea that your strength on a weapon you hold is what makes you deal lots of damage. It typically doesn't automatically make your throwing of some item more powerful than one who shoots stuff from accelerated hardware.

If you want to bring real life into this. Just try throwing a knife and expecting it to blow a hole through a wall better than a sawwed-off shotgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-14 07:14 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Feb 14, 2008, 10:21 AM
Majarra is more overpowered than Chikki, IMO.

Telina
Feb 14, 2008, 10:22 AM
To be honest, there really should have been more organization to the skill PA's. When one skill of any type can completely over shadow any other PA of that weapon's list... and looks ridiculous to boot.... yea.

I voted for Majarra, only because EVERYONE, regardless of job seems to have it. I've seen fortegunners with it, fighgunners, i even say a fortetecher with it still on his PA list. I guess i could say the same about chikki, but for some reason i don't see chikki as much as i used to anymore,

(off topic) I see slicers and spears almost as much as i see mech gun glitchers. god i can't wait for this title update.

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 10:28 AM
Isn't that the Spear PA? If it is, then quite a few jobs can't use it. Still, it is a melee weapon, and they have to be in melee range to use it.

amtalx
Feb 14, 2008, 10:36 AM
On 2008-02-14 06:40, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2008-02-14 06:25, amtalx wrote:
Does anyone else remember running labs when the Fighgunner used Tornado Dance on that huge pack of Volfu?

Well, I won't go that far to say it's a fighter's/gunner's thing. Not so careful use of grenades can be just as bad. There aren't too many multi-mob weapons that force precise directional crowd control the Laser Cannon PA does. The saber PAs and such can also be used in a directional organizational method, if they care to line up their shots. Something I consider when I do play fighter types. I think of what the others need when using the PAs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think if you have several gunners acting like jackasses and firing in different directions, yeah, it will turn into a clusterfuck. Grenade Launchers have one distinct advantage though: If you fire a grenade, everything is going in one direction. It is also far easier to suppress a group with grenades rather than Mayalee Prism, if not for the wider blast radius then for the ATA.

Using the Volfu from labs as an example, even one gunner can spell death. A coordinated attack from a group of 2 or 3 is borderline overkill and will inevitably result in lots of butt hurt. Fighter Skills either effect too few enemies to be truly considered crowd control, or are impossible to direct the knockback (read Tornado Dance, Jabroga, etc.)

CelestialBlade
Feb 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
Dambarta is *really* annoying too, as well as a few other skills at 31+. I can do without being COMPLETELY BLIND, thanks.

Maede
Feb 14, 2008, 10:41 AM
good old chiki with 6x hits then another 12x hits on a pack of mobs..... and it looks like the gunbound special from the boomerang dude.

Maede
Feb 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
Woops server kinda lagged there....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maede on 2008-02-14 07:44 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
What annoys me isn't really the PAs, but how people use them. I have never understood why anyone would use the last hit of Majarra on a mob where the enemies will go flying. OR the last hit of Absolute Dance. The PAs work best when the enemies are grouped together... just spam the first two parts. Simply put, you can use the 2nd hit of both, and hit a few times which ends up doing more damage than the last SINGLE hit will do. I mean, they can do whatever they want, but I just don't understand it, except wanting to see BIG NUMBARZ!

THE JACKEL

AngelofEnders
Feb 14, 2008, 11:00 AM
Sometimes I'll use the last hit of Majarra on smaller mobs because I'm convinced the last hit will either kill the mob or bring them pretty close to death. Either that or because I don't want a crowd of Deljabans swarming around me. It's all situational though. Criticize the way people use them not the PAs themselves. Blame ST for not scaling enemies properly to player strength.

Tbh I hate Tornado Dance more than anything else and my highest char is a Figunner.

chibiLegolas
Feb 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-02-14 00:44, Ashkahn wrote:
I remember back when Tornado Dance was the big thing. Couldn't even walk without tripping over a Fighgunner doing his best airplane impersonation.

Agree. I'd vote Tornado Dance if it were available. As for the mentioned 3 PA's, I really have no problem with any of them.

Powder Keg
Feb 14, 2008, 11:19 AM
There definitely needs to be a Tornado Dance option. Knocking clusters of enemies all over the place unless necessary is very annoying....especially for Forces.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 14, 2008, 11:39 AM
I don't really see anyone spamming Tornado dance. And against some enemies that don't go flying, such as goshin or sendillan, it's an amazing PA.

THE JACKEL

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 12:39 PM
Complaining about Chikki is like complaining about Rangers. It's silly and pointless. If you want to bash something, bash the PAs that are nothing but knock-back/splash. Every PA has it's use, even the KB ones (Jabroga + Gator = gatorape + toppled over).

If anything, complain about the players who Jabroga groups of ten small enemies and sends them polar.

Mewnie
Feb 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-02-14 07:47, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
What annoys me isn't really the PAs, but how people use them. I have never understood why anyone would use the last hit of Majarra on a mob where the enemies will go flying. OR the last hit of Absolute Dance. The PAs work best when the enemies are grouped together... just spam the first two parts. Simply put, you can use the 2nd hit of both, and hit a few times which ends up doing more damage than the last SINGLE hit will do. I mean, they can do whatever they want, but I just don't understand it, except wanting to see BIG NUMBARZ!

THE JACKEL

Emphasized for effect.

Majarra isn't that bad if, like you said, folks reigned in on the last combo. I've done that for ages
with Tornado Break.

Chikki is just a poorly designed PA. Range, unlimited targets and OMFG damage. It's just broken, plain and simple.

But noobs need a PA they can use without thinking ;3

Danger_Girl
Feb 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
On 2008-02-14 07:40, Typheros wrote:
Dambarta is *really* annoying too, as well as a few other skills at 31+. I can do without being COMPLETELY BLIND, thanks.

I've had seizures because of nosdigga. Now when I play with FTers, I wear sunglasses and SPF 50 sunblock.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-02-14 09:43, Mewnie wrote:

Chikki is just a poorly designed PA. Range, unlimited targets and OMFG damage. It's just broken, plain and simple.

But noobs need a PA they can use without thinking ;3

It's very broken, I'll agree with you on that. However, we all sing a very different song when the JA'd Chikki blader helps bring down mobs of green fireball spamming goblins with little to no injury to the team...

It's about the player using the PA, not the PA itself. Yes, Chikki is borked. But it's nice to have along when you don't feel like face-planting to some of the godawfully cheap mobs we go up against.

Kylie
Feb 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
Renkai is spammed? o_O Not since it got ultra nerfed...

amtalx
Feb 14, 2008, 01:06 PM
On 2008-02-14 09:39, Feign wrote:
Complaining about Chikki is like complaining about Rangers.

That was stupid.

Xaeris
Feb 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:05, Feign wrote:

It's very broken, I'll agree with you on that. However, we all sing a very different song when the JA'd Chikki blader helps bring down mobs of green fireball spamming goblins with little to no injury to the team...

Actually, no, I'm still singing the same tune. A Chikki user in a group when I'm trying to level my PT makes it friggin' boring. It's a solo'ing PA, and maybe something to speed up a run with one or two other people. When it gets to 4 and up, the polite thing to do is to put the slicer down or swap it out for Choutou.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:04, Danger_Girl wrote:

I've had seizures because of nosdigga. Now when I play with FTers, I wear sunglasses and SPF 50 sunblock.

I love how they somehow manage to drop it in front of my character, between my camera and her. I'm running a $1700 system and that goddamn tech drops me to 3fps. And they won't do it once or twice, they'll do it several times, and then two more times after the damn target's dead.

EVERY. FRICKIN. TIME.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:09 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:06, amtalx wrote:

That was stupid.

That's the point?

amtalx
Feb 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:09, Feign wrote:

That was stupid.

That's the point?

DURR!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mewnie
Feb 14, 2008, 01:12 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:05, Feign wrote:

It's about the player using the PA, not the PA itself. Yes, Chikki is borked. But it's nice to have along when you don't feel like face-planting to some of the godawfully cheap mobs we go up against.

Funny, I've never been in a situation where I've said "Boy, if we had Chikki, we'd have kicked ass."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:08, Xaeris wrote:

Actually, no, I'm still singing the same tune. A Chikki user in a group when I'm trying to level my PT makes it friggin' boring. It's a solo'ing PA, and maybe something to speed up a run with one or two other people. When it gets to 4 and up, the polite thing to do is to put the slicer down or swap it out for Choutou.

It isn't just Chikki. What do you want them to do, switch to a saber and use Gravity Strike instead? Better damage than having enemies at every corner of the map.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:15 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:10, amtalx wrote:

On 2008-02-14 10:09, Feign wrote:

That was stupid.

That's the point?

DURR!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Look below my name, it should say HURRRR there. If it doesn't, I've been smoking something I shouldn't have been.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:12, Mewnie wrote:
Funny, I've never been in a situation where I've said "Boy, if we had Chikki, we'd have kicked ass."
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

lol

I have, both as and as not the slicer. My general method is to be first into the room. I use the first hit of Chikki to make sure I have the mob's attention. My team comes in and gets their hits/PAs off, and I start throwing blades like mad. Their PAs get EXP, and we drop the mob in under ten seconds, and move on.

I've thanked a few good players for their skill with various PAs. I've been thanked a few times as well. I really don't care what PA or fighting style you use as long as you're not harming the team and/or getting people killed.

Edit: Good lord, my quoting sucks, sliced the post all to hell and back...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feign on 2008-02-14 10:21 ]</font>

Mewnie
Feb 14, 2008, 01:23 PM
99.9% of the time I'm in a team with a chikki spammer, I could sit back and do nothing since it makes things dead so fast.

It's an asshole PA.

MelanyKoura
Feb 14, 2008, 01:23 PM
The first two definitely.

Majarra = Event Slayer
Example: 1-up.

Chikki = High damage for noobs
Example: Do I really have to...?

And I wana know how the heck Renkai is annoying. Omg... it spins. Big deal. If you think that's annoying, then you're probably one of those people who try to control what Americans can watch on tv. <.<

But anyway... Majarra is okay.... but not great. I don't see it as often as I used to and I'm glad for it. Yeah, I'm guilty of using it a lot in the past, but that was for events. =/ Now I use Dus Robado (which I love).

Slicers.... They speak for themselves; broken.
Yeah, as a Fighgunner I have one. The weakest slicer... and my Chikki is at 11 still. I don't even know why I have the freaking thing anymore. <.<

Not one of my best rants, but I'm not caring right now...

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:23, Mewnie wrote:
It's an asshole PA.

The same could be said of most PAs...

Xaeris
Feb 14, 2008, 01:34 PM
Considering most PAs at least require you to at least walk up to the enemy with all the other mortals in the group, I'd say no.

Mewnie
On 2008-02-14 10:29, Feign wrote:

Well, no shit. Any PA that has massive knockback can be detrimental to a team if used by a retard.

What sets chikki above those, is that it doesn't even require a modicum of skill. It just wtfpwns from a safe distance, and fuck all the other team members.

I'd ban the PA in teams where people are trying to level up. It's just inconsiderate to use it in those situations.

Kylie
To be honest, I'm not much bothered by chikki or majarra. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif They're both evidence that I don't use skills for their potential damage as I don't use them that much. Well, not merely as much as everyone else since I've got chikki at under 30, and I've only used majarra once post AOI. As far as everyone else is concerned, I've never cared about what people choose to use, and I likely never will. I don't like being told my skills are crap, so I give everyone else the same courtesy. Hell, I don't even notice what people are using most of the time.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 01:38 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:34, Mewnie wrote:

On 2008-02-14 10:29, Feign wrote:

Well, no shit. Any PA that has massive knockback can be detrimental to a team if used by a retard.

What sets chikki above those, is that it doesn't even require a modicum of skill. It just wtfpwns from a safe distance, and fuck all the other team members.

I'd ban the PA in teams where people are trying to level up. It's just inconsiderate to use it in those situations.

That's understandable, especially in a mission like FoI or Events. But if it's a speed run, like hunting FOR FoI, it's definitely handy, as everyone is focusing on killing as quickly as possible and MAYBE getting one hit in for the EXP.

On 2008-02-14 10:34, Mewnie wrote:
Well, no shit.

How wude http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Egg99
Feb 14, 2008, 01:43 PM
Cheeky Korean Chin.

I hate that miserable PA with every ounce of my body. It's broken, to the nth degree, and to see people trying to defend it is a joke.

Protip: there is nothing group-friendly about a broken PA, unless of course the group doesn't care if someone is spamming it.

...the problem is that 95% of groups DO care when someone spams it, because it takes away not only the fun of a run, but also what little skill the game requires as it is. As others have said, it's considered by many as a solo-only PA, and should remain that way until it is severely nerfed.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 14, 2008, 01:50 PM
As a fighgunner in groups, watching people spam majarra and chikki, I find myself resorting to tagging enemies with my Xbow. In fact in groups of 4+, the only time I ever switch to anything else, is big enemies. It's pretty absurd when I'm running around with all 40% + weapons, and there's no time to even use them on enemies, because some guy with a 20% slicer and a majarra with a 20% spear are killing so fast.

It's become extremely annoying in the FoI where enemies have a lot less HP. People maxed at 120 are shooting Chikki into a room, easily killing everything, while non-max level people are struggling just to hit enemies because we actually want the exp.

THE JACKEL

Mystil
Feb 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
Seeing as its Acrofighters signature weapon, it's only the fault of sonic team that other classes can use it. A severe "nerf" would be restricting it to Acrofighter which I'm sure everybody wouldn't mind.

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 01:52 PM
I hear what you're saying. Whenever I see that it's a race in the world to land that one shot just to tag. It's harder to get the tags in than a group of Machinegun glitchers that are way ahead of you. Mainly because the mech guns don't pierce and take a little extra time to drop mobs.

During times of mad slicers, I just feel totally along for the ride, just struggling to get a hit in just to get exp.

Of course, the net of the problem is, the ease of the game. Making mobs as easy as they are now basically put not only fast high damaging weapons in any circumstance as a severe solo-worthy advantage. There's no risk either, so who needs protection? Another reason why, in another topic, a lot of people aren't really shopping armors anymore. Who worries about that stuff if nothing can take you down?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-14 10:55 ]</font>

Helly
Feb 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
Thats weird I dun remember having an "other" option I guess people just can't grasp the concept of my poll? I mean other? OTHER? There is no other! Those are by far the top most spammed skills in the history of psu! @_@; This wasn't a general "lol what pa do you hate most" poll it was very super specific! -_-;

On 2008-02-14 10:05, Kylie wrote:
Renkai is spammed? o_O Not since it got ultra nerfed...

Ya but that don't really negate the crazy amount of time it was spammed! Even after the nerf it was used a whole lot until basically ULT PA's came along.

Kylie
Feb 14, 2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Yeah, but that was so long ago. I remember *the person that I played with at my start* gave me some twin daggers and told me, "buy the PA for these and spam it like your life depends on it." PSU was pretty much my first MMORPG, so I just went with it. Got renkai at LV30 in like a week or two.

Feign
Feb 14, 2008, 02:50 PM
On 2008-02-14 10:51, Mystil wrote:
Seeing as its Acrofighters signature weapon, it's only the fault of sonic team that other classes can use it. A severe "nerf" would be restricting it to Acrofighter which I'm sure everybody wouldn't mind.

Agreed.

It's gross when my 82 fF can solo S runs in ten minutes -_-

MrNomad
Feb 14, 2008, 03:05 PM
I have a better idea

Remove chikki from the servers!!! Keep the slicers and the other pa and throw out chikki =D problem solved!

Ken_Silver
Feb 14, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'd have to say Majarra and I have Majarra. However it is the only way that I can play with people. All of my other weapons don't do enough damage for my level and for being a WT and all, it doesn't do a lot of damage then.

However, I don't spam the move. It's just not what I see my character doing when he goes to finish off an enemy (surfing on a spear) but the other PA's don't do enough damage to even make me noticable in parties. I had to get Majarra because I was getting booted from parties for not doing enough damage.

It's a sad day when you have to use the "super" PA's just to do normal damage. -_-

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2008, 03:25 PM
That really sucks getting booted for not doing enough damage. It's definitely a completely unfair way to treat people. It's definitely something I'd like to see stopped due to a lack of sympathy for what work people really put into it.

Ken_Silver
Feb 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
On 2008-02-14 12:25, Akaimizu wrote:
That really sucks getting booted for not doing enough damage. It's definitely a completely unfair way to treat people. It's definitely something I'd like to see stopped due to a lack of sympathy for what work people really put into it.

Thanks for the sympathy. They were like "How are you a force with a spear?" something like that. They said that I was a good healer, but nothing else. Oh the shame... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I got booted for a FF who was 5 levels under. I found out because a friend of mines stayed in the party and told me afterwards.

MrNomad
Feb 14, 2008, 05:05 PM
On 2008-02-14 12:30, Ken_Silver wrote:

On 2008-02-14 12:25, Akaimizu wrote:

Thanks for the sympathy. They were like "How are you a force with a spear?" something like that. They said that I was a good healer, but nothing else. Oh the shame... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I got booted for a FF who was 5 levels under. I found out because a friend of mines stayed in the party and told me afterwards.

What annoying crap -.- I'm FiG and I dont care, there's no reason why you hafta get rid of a WT for not doing the big numbarz. The real good ones always keep you from ever popping mates too. Well, just because majarra is overblown and overrated doesnt mean you should go with it, unless you want to. bah, just be glad you're the only tech-hunter class that can still do good damage as well as good technics and not just one or the other *coughATcough* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Feb 14, 2008, 07:08 PM
On 2008-02-14 12:05, MrNomad wrote:
I have a better idea

Remove chikki from the servers!!! Keep the slicers and the other pa and throw out chikki =D problem solved!

Except with chikki gone, the other ones brokenness will become that much more noticable.

CelestialBlade
Feb 14, 2008, 07:28 PM
I use Chikki on my Acrofighter, but I purposely limit my use of it when I'm not soloing. I'll use it in missions with robots because that really does help the party, but I try not to be an ass with it. Besides, what's the fun in using one weapon and one PA all the time?

But you have to admit, Slicers *are* our answer to Spears, and you could argue that giving Slicers to Figgies and Fortefighters is a bit of a redundancy. Chikki does need nerfing, but I wouldn't obsolete it, then AFs would essentially be without a piercing weapon. I'd be fine with Figgies still having Slicers, but I'd remove them from the Fortefighter palette. They have so many powerful weapons as-is, it's just redundant.

The most annoying thing to me are those stupid level 31+ Technics. Like Danger Girl said, no matter how good a system you have, being right in front of a level 31+ Dambarta, or Nosdiga, or Regrant, or Rafoie, or Gidiga, or Radiga, is going to not only blind you all to hell, but it'll rape your FPS with the wrath of an angry god. And I'm not (fully) blaming that on the Fortetechers, I just wish there were graphics options to tone those bastards down. I'm getting siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick of happily keeping a nice mob together, when suddenly OH GOD I CAN'T SEE TURN THAT GODDAMN DAMBARTA DOWN.

stukasa
Feb 14, 2008, 07:37 PM
Chikki. Leave the ranged weaponry to the rangers, I say! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(Yes, I have an AF. And no, I don't use Chikki.)

Whenever I see a slicer pop out I immediately switch over to "tag everything mode," where it just becomes a race to see how fast I can tag stuff before it dies. I can't even hope to get any kills... the run stops being fun and becomes more like a chore at that point.

Majarra is pretty bad too but at least it's a close-range PA so the enemies aren't dead by the time I reach them.

xXInvidiaXx
Feb 14, 2008, 08:12 PM
Chikki hands down.

Whenever someone pulls out a slicer I die a little inside http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

When White Beasts came out I got so fed up with the slicer abusing I started to Put a warning in my party comments that if you use a slicer in it I'll Black List you and Kick you out of it. I only had to boot 2 people, at least most people don't ignore "Put away the slicer please".

Above all else though, It really is annoying when a Beast FF pulls it out.

It seems to me that lower levels seem to spam the broken PA's in this game. I saw a level 18 Female Beast with lvl 40 Chikki and lvl 40 Majarra, gotten from their main no doubt, but C'mon, it's not really needed on B rank...

PALRAPPYS
Feb 14, 2008, 08:15 PM
Meh, as long as someone's doing damage, I COULD CARE LESS IF PEOPLE SPAM PA's.

SATatami
Feb 14, 2008, 08:19 PM
On 2008-02-14 00:13, Alizarin wrote:

What about Chuei?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizarin on 2008-02-14 00:14 ]</font>

Well, at least that fits together. You imitate a dolphin. What's majarra's excuse for the random combos?

xXInvidiaXx
Feb 14, 2008, 08:20 PM
On 2008-02-14 16:28, Typheros wrote:
I use Chikki on my Acrofighter, but I purposely limit my use of it when I'm not soloing.

Chikki does need nerfing, but I wouldn't obsolete it, then AFs would essentially be without a piercing weapon. I'd be fine with Figgies still having Slicers, but I'd remove them from the Fortefighter palette. They have so many powerful weapons as-is, it's just redundant.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

People like you deserve cookiez, thank god some people have common decency to limit slicer usage when partying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On FF it's ridiculous. At least AF doesn't have that much ATP to throw around with it.

Nerf Chikkis ATP Mod a little and take it off of FF, maybe Figs, and It'll be fine and dandy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alizarin
Feb 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
On 2008-02-14 17:19, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-14 00:13, Alizarin wrote:

What about Chuei?

Well, at least that fits together. You imitate a dolphin. What's majarra's excuse for the random combos?

I don't quite see what the second part of chuei's combo has to do with a dolphin... and really, a lot of the more flashier and lengthier PA combos just really go out of their way sometimes.

Only the first part of Majarra seemed out of place. The rapid thrusting and then the home-run finisher tie in together somewhat.

EngelBlut
Feb 14, 2008, 09:20 PM
On 2008-02-13 22:27, Starrz wrote:
No option for none? Fail

Shishi-O
Feb 14, 2008, 09:58 PM
that u nilok?

i chose chikki, but it's also my favorite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Crokar-
Feb 14, 2008, 10:11 PM
i got chikki to 40 in like a week never used again yay