PDA

View Full Version : Current best "healing" PM within 450 group?

Clunker
Feb 14, 2008, 02:59 AM
I just leveled up a pure Technic Pm - a 450 right now - and had a question for Technic PM users.

As the character that owns the Pm is a Beast Hunter (then going onto other similar jobs), I would like to know which "Pure" Technic PM is currently the best
at providing healing and or support buffs? And, also, which has what SUVs?

Thanks!

Celi-Ka
Feb 14, 2008, 03:02 AM
http://psupedia.info/Partner_machines

Sekani
Feb 14, 2008, 03:11 AM
Different people have different experiences with PMs so your mileage WILL vary, but the general consensus is that the GH-450 and GH-452 are the best healbots. Personally I'm partial to the GH-454, but I won't recommend it because for some reason I'm the only one that likes it.

desturel
Feb 14, 2008, 03:32 AM
I tend to switch my PM around depending on the situation.

450 and 452 heal the most. If you are only looking for heals, then either of these are the ones you want. Plus they have the best battle phrases IMO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

454 heals pretty often and does debuffs very often, but has the least HP of any of the 450 series (thus she dies pretty often unless you have resta yourself). I tried tanking for my 454 as a fortefighter, but Deljaban and GoVahra tend to eat her for breakfast. She's great of the lightning beast run though.

453 rarely heals. She will buff though. The 453 and 454 buff very often. The 453 also attacks as much as the 451 which is to say very often. The only problem is she does not heal. Both the 433 and 443 are better healers than the 453. If you don't need to rely on heals, then the 453 is a good battle partner, especially when paired with Maya or Hyuga who both heal/reverser rather often. I don't like Lumia as much. Hyuga is better for reverser. Maya is better for giresta and general resta... but we aren't talking about NPCs, just the 45x series

451 heals decently, but is more of a battle bot like the 453. She will heal randomly. Not on a set scale like the 452 and 450 will. It's more than enough to make it though most missions with reduced mates.

landman
Feb 14, 2008, 06:43 AM
I love my GH450, no special reason (http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9692/psu4642wy5.jpg)

Kanore
Feb 14, 2008, 06:51 AM
On 2008-02-14 03:43, landman wrote:
I love my GH450, no special reason (http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9692/psu4642wy5.jpg)

Delicious.

CelestialBlade
Feb 14, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'm a big fan of the 454. Heals me quite often, uses strong Earth magic, and uses debuffs. Just seems to outclass all the others, to me.

Para
Feb 14, 2008, 10:43 AM
On 2008-02-14 07:25, Typheros wrote:
I'm a big fan of the 454. Heals me quite often, uses strong Earth magic, and uses debuffs. Just seems to outclass all the others, to me.

RadiantLegend
Feb 14, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'd go with 454. 452 never healed me.

Seira7
Feb 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
452 - Mine is generous with the healing (I'm on 360 -not sure if the model behavior varies on systems...she has a high Bstat too if that matters)gives ATP/ATA buffs, shocks the monsters, has good AI, and above all, looks really cool <3

Ithildin
Feb 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
What's best for the 430 group btw? I'm leaning towards 433...

Sekani
Feb 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-02-14 09:51, Ithildin wrote:

I've never actually seen anyone use one of the 430 models in battle. The Partner Machine AI doesn't seem to go well with ranged weapons.

_Vyser_
Feb 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
my 454 likes to heal spam a lot, so I'd recommend that one.

landman
Feb 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hey I use a 432, I basicly maintain her alive so she can use his SUV, for me that's enough xD

Spacepest
Feb 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
I've had a 450, 452, and 453. Out of those three...

I'd say 452 all the way, mine is a little spam healbot. I have her on my beast lady, who I planned to make a guntecher, but my 452 keeps her so well healed that she so far that I haven't bothered changing classes yet. (And my 452 used to rentis my entire party until Sega nerfed that, totally pisses me off when I watch her try to rentis buff the entire party multiple times in a row and nothing happens. I swear, I can almost see her getting upset and confused about it too). I also love it when she SUVs...she gives out an evil little HAHAHAHAHAHA right before she does it.

450 seemed to heal less, and 453 almost never healed me at all. I swear she wanted my Beast lady to die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2008-02-14 10:49 ]</font>

desturel
Feb 14, 2008, 02:01 PM

432 and 433 are the only ones I use anymore. The 434 likes walking around in a circle and showing off her Killer Elite and Blackbull. The 430 is good at freezing enemies, but the 433 freezes as well too and does a bit more group damage, plus heals better so there's no reason for me to switch her back to a 430. I never really ran with the 431 much. I know she does virus, but I prefer the freeze for the 430/433 over possible virus. The 432 is nice because she stands right behind you. That way I can tank for her while she does her crossbow/rising strike/resta thing. It's a pretty good situation for a fighter. Not quite as good for a ranger or force since she likes to be behing you which normally means well outisde of attack range.

Mystil
Feb 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
452 blows and is the stupidest PM out of all of them.

Ithildin
Feb 15, 2008, 07:37 AM
On 2008-02-14 11:01, desturel wrote:

432 and 433 are the only ones I use anymore. The 434 likes walking around in a circle and showing off her Killer Elite and Blackbull. The 430 is good at freezing enemies, but the 433 freezes as well too and does a bit more group damage, plus heals better so there's no reason for me to switch her back to a 430. I never really ran with the 431 much. I know she does virus, but I prefer the freeze for the 430/433 over possible virus. The 432 is nice because she stands right behind you. That way I can tank for her while she does her crossbow/rising strike/resta thing. It's a pretty good situation for a fighter. Not quite as good for a ranger or force since she likes to be behing you which normally means well outisde of attack range.

Thanks desturel, some ideas for me to ponder on there... I'll try both of em out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

milka
Feb 15, 2008, 07:42 AM
433 is the best!!

It heals all the time.

Buffs: Zodial and Shifta offen, Deband sometimes.

Debuffs: Zalure with tiwn handgun Ult. PA.

STA: Freezes enemies all the time.. most of her bullets are ice =D.

thebummers
Feb 15, 2008, 10:53 AM
Is this debate still going on? Anyone who has actually tested out all the 450 bots knows the 450 is by far the best healer. Hands down. No question. It even says it in her PM description.

magicman34
Feb 15, 2008, 11:18 AM
454 is great as a healer, but her SUV sux, and I can't say her debuffs actually work. Do debuffs only help with melee attacks?? when she zalures things my rifles still do the same amount of damage.

I am currently trying out the 470 with my acrofighter to see if he heals any better than the 454

desturel
Feb 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
On 2008-02-15 07:53, thebummers wrote:
Anyone who has actually tested out all the 450 bots knows the 450 is by far the best healer.

I guess I should give a bit more details since some think that the 452 sucks.

I'd put them in this order for healing

My problem with the 452 is that she tends to not do anything if you buff her. If she has buffs on her, it's like she assumes she'll be healed. This includes when she buffs herself, but doesn't count when she uses Rentis, so I exclusively use her on my fighter character. Since I don't buff her she heals as often as the 450. I've even seen her go over and heal other people in the party which is something I haven't seen from other PMs. I was at full health, she was at full health and she healed a friend that was in the party at about 1/2 health. This is the main reason why I list this PM above the 454. That and the 4x2 SUV is useful in some situations.

The 450 will heal even when it's buffed. Plus she screams out random "Burn!" "Die!" and "Ahahaha!" which is always fun when she's casting Shifta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The 454 heals based on your health, but will not always heal based on her own health. Considering she doesn't have much HP (less HP than the 450 and 452 check with giresta for yourself) this can be a big problem. But she has the strongest techs out of the 450 series. Her gidiga is great for smaller mobs. I normally run with a 454 if I'm a guntecher or wartecher so that I can give her some backup help when she's slow on the heal. Meteor attacker is decent when she gets surrounded, but I'm not worried about her using an SUV.

451 attacks the most often and heals decently, but I mainly use her for the ice ability. I've always played a fortetecher when I'm playing with a 451 so I haven't had to worry about her healing. She could be a better healer than the 454, but since I haven't had the chance to see what initiates her heal, I can't comment solidly.

The 453 heals about once every 4 runs or so. She has a good amount of HP as a guntecher so it's not too much of a problem to run over to her and use a star if I'm playing as acrofighter or some other mobile non-healing class. I have a bit more trouble when I'm playing a protranser as sometimes I get stuck in PAs and can't save her. But since I use the 453 as strictly additional damage, I'm not to worried about her dying or healing me.

For the 43x series, I don't know how anyone who played with the 432 for an extended amount of time could consider her the worst PM. Her crossbow is powerful and her resta heals for an average of 800hp as compared to the 433's 500hp. She starts resta at about 1/3rd health. The 433 starts resta at 1/2 health.

What many people need to realize with the 43x series of PMs especially is that they will cycle through weapons.

Say if a 433 starts a room with a meteor cannon. If the 433 is not hit by an enemy, then she will attack three times with the meteor cannon. If while she's attacking the three times with the cannon you get knocked down to 1/2 health or below, she will switch from the cannon to her Slyrod. After she swaps to the slyrod it will take a few seconds before she starts healing. She will heal three times if she is not hit or interrupted. If during the three heals she is stopped, she will check your HP again. If your HP is above 1/2 she may either continue with the other two heals or switch weapons so something like the 6* tenora handguns or the battle stopper. Rarely will she go back to the meteor cannon. If you get hit back below 1/2 health right after she swaps to the other weapon, she will not go back to healing unless she gets interrupted. She will instead do at least three attacks with the chosen weapon and then swap and heal.

The 432 is almost exactly the same except the 432 had less weapons to cycle through. The 433 has four weapons. Meteor Cannon, Battle Stopper, Slyrod, Arb Rega. None of her weapons can be paired with each other, so she needs to do a weapon swap before she can heal which means she must finish her attacking. The 432 on the other hand has two main attacking weapons. Bulletmaster and Cubo Dunga. The bulletmaster cannot be paired with another weapon. With the Cubo Dunga she has three configurations. Dunga alone. Dunga with a buster for Rising Strike. Dunga with Septara for resta. If you get knocked down to 1/3rd health, even if the 432 is in the middle of her three attack sequence, as long as she has the Dunga in her hand, she will switch to Dunga + Septara. She is quicker to start healing and quicker to resume attacking than the 433 and she heals for more overall.

She will also heal with a completely empty room (normally with just Septara. Not Septara + Dunga) which is something I do not see the 433 do often. Normally the 433 requires at least one enemy on the screen in order to initiate the healing. Also the 433 likes to chase down the target of the heal before she starts healing. The 432 tends to heal the spot that she notices the low health. This leads to quicker heal sessions. This is because the 433 will heal, chase after you, heal again, chase after you, and heal a third time if it is healing you while you are fighting something else.

While there's lots more things I can say about the 432 and 433, I guess I can leave it at this for now. If anyone has something to add or would like to argue one of the things I've said, that's fine.

The chief advantage of the 433 is that it's attacks come at a quicker interval and her freeze has more stopping power than anything the 432 has to offer. The 432 does more damage per attack, but with the 433 doing more attacks overall it evens out.

couchboyj
Feb 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
For what its worth, I tried out the 470 today, and at least at BStat 36, its an AWFUL healer. Has healed itself all of once. Anyone with a higher BS PM had better luck with the Shota-Bot? His bow PA is awesome, he likes to spam megid, he has Giresta (though he has yet to cast that for me either)... he'd be awesome if he didn't refuse to use resta. ><

Hrith
Feb 15, 2008, 01:54 PM
On 2008-02-14 07:25, Typheros wrote:
I'm a big fan of the 454. Heals me quite often, uses strong Earth magic, and uses debuffs. Just seems to outclass all the others, to me.I agree ;o

I got her as soon as EX Device GH 454 was out XP