PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: No luck... ~Bored~

Nero_Sparda
Feb 14, 2008, 06:00 PM
I apologize for complaining and I want to know if anyone else out there is going through the same problems as I. From what I've read in other threads a lot of people were fortunate to have found so many rares from the winter event. I did not. Another thing I want to add, when a person sets the Rare item distribution to "In Order" does it really go in order? Because there have been moments when rares have gone to the same person at least 2-3 times in a row. Just wondering now people.

Not only that but who else thinks that the fate of your weapon/armor rests in the synth skills of your PM is unnecessary. Some of us don't really want to spend as much time to raising its level if you know what I mean. With no luck and a Lv92 I was unable to find much rares at all. My friends were showing off their Blackbull's, Kan Yu's and such while I... only had a Buccaneer. From the update I went Blackheart hunting in the Restorations 1 and on my second run through... it appeared. 75% seemed decent so I had my PM synth it and of course . It failed. Stupid of me I know. But if you think about it and compare it to PSO.

Its kind of ridiculous dont you think? I know it cant be helped. It is fun at times, the suspense and you get to customize it with your own element. However... why work so hard to find a rare weapon only having to make it and hope your PM will succeed. Not to mention that most rares can only be made once. Some of us have to spend a fortune to gather materials because soloing to get them takes a life time. Partying up and having your items go to other people who aren't willing to share is disappointing. Or spending millions on buying the weapon itself isn't really a good alternative either.

What is the point of this thread? Well I guess I just need to vent out. Sega has been a real pain to me lately. Whats funny yet sad, my friend had his 95% wep fail. He told me it was an S-rank. What's up Sega? Not only that I was wondering if there are any other people out there who bear the same burden as I. But otherwise, feel free to post any comments. Insults, pity comments or whatever. Its your call.

Nero_Sparda
Feb 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
You read it already? I dont know, upset I guess. But whatever, its just a game. Then again I would want some nice S rares. Oh well.

Rashiid
Feb 14, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm a fast reader, lol.
And after reading it all, it reminded me of a psychatrist (sp?) session.

Turb0
Feb 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah it sucks when it comes down to luck, I failed 2 rattlesnakes this week. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Somehow 0/2 is supposed to equal 86%...

pikachief
Feb 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
I found over 20 S ranks in just 1 week of the winter event. The second and third week i found about 5 more and spent the rest of the time lvling up all my characters to 120.

My main was lvl 120 with every S rank i wanted for him.

Then was stupid and curious, did the dum grinder glitch and lost it all -_- lol

thanks to the extra week one 360 tho, i lvled back up to 80 through the event, and found a blackbull and sold it for mil and im getting back to where i was.

Don't worry i feel your pain.

In the 1up cup i found 8 baords that werent baji and orpa senba lol.

4 meteor cannons, 2 crimsons, a mungunruk and a halarod. Traded the halarod for a storm line that failed, and only 1 meteor cannon failed, teh other S ranks were below 20%.

So out of the entire 1up cup, i played constantly every day and came out with a low percent mugunruk, 2 crimsons and a meteor cannon lol.

Sometimes ur lucky sometimes your not, everyones gotta wait their turn.... and i guess some people's turns come a lot latter than others :/

But be patient and you will find your rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ruru
Feb 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
i agree with some points about the Pm's having this maniacal sense to them when it comes to turning your boards into okiku dolls and such. as far as set in order goes, i'd much rather have that than set random. I've seen rares go to the same person 5 times in a row on random where as order seems to be alot more organized in a sense. i've also been on the receiving end of a black heart board turning into something it shouldn't be. the worse part is even if it worked i know it would have come out at 10% anyway which is about half as bad as losing it. i think sonic team/sega could have made a better attempt at synthing than this but oh well. complaining wont help i guess..

Randomness
Feb 14, 2008, 06:17 PM
On 2008-02-14 15:11, Turb0 wrote:
Yeah it sucks when it comes down to luck, I failed 2 rattlesnakes this week. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Somehow 0/2 is supposed to equal 86%...

Actually, more like 2-3%

Ruru
Feb 14, 2008, 06:21 PM
i love how 80-90% still equals less than 10% in most cases. even synthing gaozoran and psycho wands at 99% i sit here with my fingers crossed while sacrificing a rappy to the Pm gods while dancing to the Nights theme with aluminum foil wrapped around my head. its just ridiculous.

mvffin
Feb 14, 2008, 06:29 PM
yea, my luck is completely random, rare wise, and synth wise. I found 4 boards within 2 hours at the winter event, and the rest of the time, pretty much nothing. out of over 50 runs of random S2's, I got 2 uransara's and an okiku-tuma.

synthing melee weapons at ~66%(i think, whatever the 9* rate is) I usually fail 5/6. but with guns...
2 azul fire boards found within an hour, and all 6 made.

grinding.... well, thats another issue. 4/4 okanoh, and 9/10 uransara.

Sekani
Feb 14, 2008, 07:19 PM
I've had some good luck synthing recently, and it's made me paranoid.

I successfully made a Muzzlefever, Muzzlefevic, and a Hyper Viper on a striking PM. The odds of success on those are less than 41%.

Every armor I have synthed for myself has come out over 30%.

I haven't failed ANYTHING in over a month.

I just know I'm due for a fucking cataclysmic failure any day now, and it's probably gonna come once I finally get those damned Relic Edges for these Crea Doubles boards....

Bad luck for me is normal, so don't sweat it. Good luck, on the other hand, will drive you mad.

Darkly
Feb 14, 2008, 08:23 PM
you just sound burned out by this game. It happens to everyone that plays any kind of orpg, just relax go do/play something else for a while.

Nero_Sparda
Feb 14, 2008, 08:59 PM
Devil May Cry 4 and Lost Odyssey has been good alternatives. lol Well thanks for the replies. But seriously, Sega needs to improve on that. Had 40% succeed and 80% fail. Weird.