PDA

View Full Version : Online: do lower id numbers demand more respect?

gryphonvii
Feb 15, 2008, 12:28 AM
ok so I was just wandering around on uni 1 and I started checking ID numbers and equipment like I always do when I'm waiting for my friends to finish prepping for the mission. And now I noticed that even high Id numbers ( 60k+) have high class weaponry comparable to the old people. Yet somehow I don't give them the same respect that I give to the people who are older. MY Id is around 39k or so so I'm not one of the original players (started about a year ago) so I might be a bit biased still because all the new people have it much easier than back in the day. So my question, do the lower Id numbers ( meaning the older people) command and receive more respect than the new people?

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 12:29 AM
Umm.... NO. Just because you've been around longer doesn't make you any better than a player who just started. And if anyone truly thinks this, they are truly an asshat.

RedMussel
Feb 15, 2008, 12:33 AM
On 2008-02-14 21:29, SATatami wrote:
Umm.... NO. Just because you've been around longer doesn't make you any better than a player who just started. And if anyone truly thinks this, they are truly an asshat.

First time i have seen some one say asshat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 12:34 AM
On 2008-02-14 21:33, RedMussel wrote:

First time i have seen some one say asshat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lol, just to clarify though, if a low id player thinks that, then THEY are the asshat. >.>

unicorn
Feb 15, 2008, 12:34 AM
On 2008-02-14 21:33, RedMussel wrote:

Second time for me. An asshat called me an asshat.

Anywho, I think newer players just have it to easy to have palettes comparable to older players (since its INCREDIBLY easy to catch up now, before you really had to WORK for everything you owned). What seperates old people from the new are their PAs. Older players tend to have good PA lvls, because they would have to use them more back then (lvling took longer, rares were...rare). Nowadays, everything is too easy that you're gaining lvls at a much faster rate than your PAs.

But yeah....Everyone is equal. They're paying the same $10 you are, they just wasted more money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-02-14 21:39 ]</font>

Phetty
Feb 15, 2008, 12:37 AM
No they dont. People should deserve respect on how good their gear is. Id rather have someone in my party with an ID of 70000 with levelled PAs and 30%^ weapons over the 10000 ID with 20mil and 10% weapons and level 1 PAs.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
Nah. Well, maybe a little... <_< *has an ID number less than 800*

If I wanna demand respect for being older, I just get on my rocking chair and rant about you youngsters and your fancy lock-on systems in an age where analog controls make the need for it completely unnecessary. Back in my day I had DIGITAL control in my 3D games and STILL kicked enemies' asses so hard they spat out the urine that was supposed to be spilled onto their pants at the mere sight of people like me! Manually, I must add! See, making enemies piss themselves was a really new innovation back when graphics turned from pixels to polygons! Why, you could even see the piss drip down their pants if you looked hard enough! Or maybe that was just me spitting out some really nasty lemonade on the screen. Well at any rate, what matters is that I got some better lemonade afterward. And I got it by...zzzz....zzzzzz...

...zzzz...
*falls off his rocking chair*
...PIES!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-02-14 21:42 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 15, 2008, 12:41 AM
My id is under 3k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but...I dont expect or care people to notice that. If anything, high id just means may be a good person to ask about how the game was a long time ago, or about the old missions since alot of newer people haven't run them as much/at all.

Noblewine
Feb 15, 2008, 12:42 AM
No I don't think however why should you treat lower ids differently.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 15, 2008, 12:43 AM
Only if you are #0000001. Although #0000026 still plays.

Silver_Wyrm
On 2008-02-14 21:34, super_luu wrote:

But yeah....Everyone is equal. They're paying the same $10 you are, they just wasted more money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-02-14 21:39 ]</font>

not wasted if you had fun >.>

Leahcim
No.

Mainly because a lot of the low numbers are worn by quiters who returned so the 'veteran' title doesn't apply to them.

Anyone who play this game, I'm cool with. New or old.

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 12:46 AM
I think I have number 13's card.... somewhere...

KamiSori
Feb 15, 2008, 12:49 AM
On 2008-02-14 21:28, gryphonvii wrote:
do the lower Id numbers ( meaning the older people) command and receive more respect than the new people?

no we just demand more rare drops!!! lol

but in all seriousness the same goes with all aspects of life. the people that have been there longest usually and should recieve more respect than others.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 15, 2008, 12:52 AM
I dont think they demand more respect. But i do think that newcomers have it way to easy now compared to how it was for us. But i guess thats good for our alts. Just sucks cause i remember puttin in 400 hours to reach level 50 and now it can be done in a day or two.

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 15, 2008, 01:03 AM
*has a 6k id* >_>

I don't really expect more respect b/c of my ID, and I don't really see any reason why I should give more respect to someone with a lower ID. It's just a game, after all.

ilovetypemoon
Feb 15, 2008, 01:16 AM

Actually, players who have been around longer ARE better than a player who just started. If you've played this game for a few months, it's irrelevant how low your ID# is since that's about how long it takes to fully understand this game. But, in GENERAL, low ID# means you've been around longer and you have more knowledge they do deserve some more respect as a player who've stuck with the game through its ups and downs.

Tulio07
Feb 15, 2008, 01:23 AM
i don't expect respect just cause i'm in the 1000's (1700's maybe at the latest). All I get from it is the joy that I signed up and played before about 60,000 other people

XenithFlare
Feb 15, 2008, 01:28 AM
My ID number is under 1000, and my PAs suck XD But that's mainly because I spent a long, long time changing back and forth between classes and using different weapons... and I made the mistake of getting too many PAs at once and trying to level them all at the same time. Not to mention I have absolutely NO patience lol so levelling PAs is a pain in the ass, to me. Then taking into account the several month-long breaks I've taken... Yeah. So having a low ID isn't a huge deal, but it is neat to go, "HEY! I was one of the first people on the game (after the initial server difficulties)!" Kinda cool, but that's about it.

RACast_Raiden
Feb 15, 2008, 01:34 AM
some deserve respect, some don't.

DoubleJG
Feb 15, 2008, 01:35 AM
I logged on the night the servers went up, however, I also took a 7 month absence, and had very little playtime during the months that I did play (due to dial-up). So, even though I've been around since day 1, I don't feel like I deserve special treatment, especially when majority of people who joined months after launch are more in-sync with what's going on in the PSU world than I do.

EurekaX
Feb 15, 2008, 01:40 AM
Only way anyone should get respect is through how they act in the game, numbers don't mean anything. It is cool to meet someone below 1000 though, just for amusement.

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 01:44 AM
On 2008-02-14 22:16, ilovetypemoon wrote:

Actually, players who have been around longer ARE better than a player who just started. If you've played this game for a few months, it's irrelevant how low your ID# is since that's about how long it takes to fully understand this game. But, in GENERAL, low ID# means you've been around longer and you have more knowledge they do deserve some more respect as a player who've stuck with the game through its ups and downs.

that's not what I meant. I meant more like. OH, LOOK AT YOU, MR 30k ID. I'M NUMBER 25, SO I'M BETTER THAN YOU AND YOU CAN GO DIE. THANKS. OH, AND I CAN USE ALL CAPS SINCE I'M 25. SO GO DIE. THANKS.

Oniko
Feb 15, 2008, 01:50 AM
Respect is not given to you by the numbers slapped on your polygonal avatar, it's earned by your actions. So no, I do not see any reason why a lower ID should suddenly deserve more respect than someone who is new. That just comes off as extremely shallow with a dash of elitism.

ilovetypemoon
Feb 15, 2008, 01:51 AM
On 2008-02-14 22:44, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-14 22:16, ilovetypemoon wrote:

that's not what I meant. I meant more like. OH, LOOK AT YOU, MR 30k ID. I'M NUMBER 25, SO I'M BETTER THAN YOU AND YOU CAN GO DIE. THANKS. OH, AND I CAN USE ALL CAPS SINCE I'M 25. SO GO DIE. THANKS.

Ah, ok. Those are asshats indeed. Although, I have yet to see anyone who would flaunt their ID#'s like that. I also agree with posters above that it's a neat feeling to have a low ID# because you realize you were there when this game first started.

Alizarin
Feb 15, 2008, 01:57 AM
There were a lot of people who initially signed on PSU, so my guess that the "low" number limit would reach somewhere around the 2-3000's. I remember I tried to sign up for an account first day and got somewhere in the early 1000's.

Still, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Respect has to be given before it can be earned.

Zael
Feb 15, 2008, 02:10 AM
2k id here >>

Miyoko
On 2008-02-14 21:37, Phetty wrote:
No they dont. People should deserve respect on how good their gear is. Id rather have someone in my party with an ID of 70000 with levelled PAs and 30%^ weapons over the 10000 ID with 20mil and 10% weapons and level 1 PAs.

How... Shallow.

If there's anything that makes people deserve respect, it's the fact that they give respect to others.

I'd rather have someone who'se kind, funny, and a team player, whom is ill equipped or under leveled, than some arrogant, selfish dickhead decked out in good gear and high level PAs.

engelsein
this kind of depends cuz if a new player is trying to tell me that moatoob was always aveible online i would point to my id number and facepalm them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 15, 2008, 02:15 AM
On 2008-02-14 23:10, engelsein wrote:
this kind of depends cuz if a new player is trying to tell me that moatoob was always aveible online i would point to my id number and facepalm them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

they cant imagine the 1-hit-wonder vanda's we had to deal with too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But alot of older people appreciate certain thigns more, like the grind system change. When someone gets mad and goes off about how its the worst system ever, and WAY too harsh, I'm like "wtf, this is the fuzzy kitten version"

Mystil
Feb 15, 2008, 03:05 AM
14,000s here.

I don't judge people by IDs and don't demand respect for my ID.

It means nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2008-02-15 00:06 ]</font>

Ryudo
Feb 15, 2008, 03:28 AM
You dont deserve respect for your ID#

You dont deserve respect for having a high level or good gear

You dont even deserve respect for playing well

The only thing anyone deserves respect for it for being a nice pleasant person to play with, all the stats, skills and equips in the world wont overcome the handicap of being a jerk

Weeaboolits
Feb 15, 2008, 03:39 AM
I don't even look at ID numbers, let alone give respect for them, when you signed up for your Guardian License doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 15, 2008, 04:01 AM
In all honesty, I prefer if no one talks about each other's progress. I never go at everyone for a higher ID's, but if it's someone offending me when I done nothing to them, first thing I do is look at ID number before I pick them apart.

In a way yes, I hate high ID's thinking their awesome at everything, I'd put them to shame showing them my stuff.
In a way no, there are lousy people new or old who deserve no respect for treating others horribly.

Overall, I vote no, ID's won't make you anything if your a rotten person.

Phetty
Feb 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
On 2008-02-14 23:10, Miyoko wrote:

How... Shallow.

If there's anything that makes people deserve respect, it's the fact that they give respect to others.

I'd rather have someone who'se kind, funny, and a team player, whom is ill equipped or under leveled, than some arrogant, selfish dickhead decked out in good gear and high level PAs.

Maybe I worded that wrong. Even if you dont know how to play the game Ill show them respect, but probly not party with them. Theres no reason you can't afford 30%^ weapons with how easy they are to make and the amout of money you make. But when Im in a lobby with other people I do tend to look at gear and laugh at the people who are lacking in decent weapons.

daniel_drago
Feb 15, 2008, 04:38 AM
On 2008-02-15 01:07, Phetty wrote:

On 2008-02-14 23:10, Miyoko wrote:

How... Shallow.

Maybe I worded that wrong. Even if you dont know how to play the game Ill show them respect, but probly not party with them. Theres no reason you can't afford 30%^ weapons with how easy they are to make and the amout of money you make. But when Im in a lobby with other people I do tend to look at gear and laugh at the people who are lacking in decent weapons.

well youll laugh at my gear then, and ide prolly tell you to go find some other poor person to bully. All my gear is fairly low %'s buts that generaly because im not bothered by %'s,

there all between 12-30%....opart from chainsawd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif...and yes its a good weapon for de rol le runs not much else but anyway
i cant remember when i joined i forgot when this game was released by i was around very close to launch VERY CLOSE.....i admit i left and thts coz me and my mates are a team on this game and always will be even back on PSO

we quit because there was a lack of content and we new more was on its way we decided to let the game build up go off and do other games and wat not
came back about a year later...and we fully enjoyed it, theres been huge changes

we started new characters as went on a merry way funnily enough even with a year away from the game we still had a damn good idea of what we were doing and where to go.....I do get annoyed with the fact tht newish players have better palletes than me, but generely my luck on this game sucks

this wen ton longer than expected ...also sorry about grammar i rly cba to go through and change it tho lol...someone will porlly 'fix'd' it lol

but high ID's doesn't mean instant respect but should be treated differently and not in some patronising way either

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 15, 2008, 04:39 AM
Right.... my id is just over 60k and i started just after fire break so that makes me a noob accordinding to some.... my characters put the majority of others to shame high grinded weapons high % good pa levels i just lol@ ppl with lower id numbers who try and get elitest and then i just look at their gear.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WHlTEKNIGHT on 2008-02-15 01:40 ]</font>

darthplagis
Feb 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
you could have any number, have a 1% or 50% pallet (weapons and line shields), have maxxed PA moves and 99 pa frags in each PM and you can play like a retarded camel. do you deserve respect????

it is your valiant and courageous actions (some say suicidal.....yes figunners with dubz im talkin 2 you LOL) that people judge you by. your friends will flock to you in times of need and joy and you to them. it is these people that deserve the title......

GUARDIANS.

sry i had to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DavidNel
Feb 15, 2008, 05:57 AM
I'm an origional player. Got my ID the 1st possible day. Needless to say, my # is way down there, but it doesn't mean anything. Heck, my main isn't even lvl 120 yet. Personally, I never look at the ID; it just doesn't mean all that much to me! I usually keep name and lvl up above peoples' heads. This way, I know how strong you ane and... WHO you are!

amtalx
Feb 15, 2008, 07:25 AM
Giving someone respect because they have a lower number is basically like giving someone respect because they were born 2 months before you were. Being good at this game, or being pleasant to play with has nothing to do with how long you have been playing it. It's not a difficult game to pick up, particularly if you have someone to help you.

My number is low enough that people think I'm a GM. Does that make me deserving of respect? No. I've played with people that are 50k higher than me, and they were awesome. I've also played with people in the sub-1000 range that don't know a Saber from a Axe.

Raine_Loire
Feb 15, 2008, 08:06 AM
my id and Laguna's were really low in the pc/ps2 version since we got them as soon as we were able. So since we haven't played in a LONG time- like since Bruce's mission was the hotspot, and mayrods just came out, obviously if we started playing again on the ps2 versions, we'd look like noobs. So... no. No it does not matter.

Dragon_Knight
Feb 15, 2008, 08:25 AM
Actualy I don't care about the numbers...mine is like 790-something. Hell one of the first people I met online was AC9breaker when he was just starting out. But it doesn't matter to me...but I do note that a lot of people comment on how long I've been on this game....and the occational question of why I don't have even my main to max lv yet.

Fresh
Feb 15, 2008, 08:50 AM
I'm wondering who people call new or old people because people are throwing out tons of low numbers but mine is like right at 40K i had to run bruce runs non stop i didn't level with 250% boost rates other than these last like 30 levels because thats when they just made it way too easy.......... So am i a new character i mean i think compared to all the numbers in this topic i seem like a noob but i have very nice weapons and all my pa's are 30+ so basically when is the person considered a new player?

TheFonz
Feb 15, 2008, 08:57 AM
It would totally suck if Osama Bin Laden actually played PSU; his ID was below 1k and had all S-ranks with at least 45%, cos I'd have to respect his ass on a daily basis Dx

ShuttleXpC
Feb 15, 2008, 09:22 AM
Most of the time the lower ID people know whats going on...So in most cases, I will treat them better then the higher ID numbered people. Then again I've met dumb and smart people with both low and high numbers.

So I guess its random. your brain just thinks that when you see lower numbers I guess ( at least mine does ) Lower means the person will be smarter with the game, etc...

The2dCour
Feb 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
The new money comes in and beats up the old money, now Bill Gates owns the world and Donald Trump can't even put his wig on straight. /rambles off into oblivion...

XDeathX
Feb 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
Wrestlers like Flair, Hoogan, Terry Funk, etc. are the oldest and been around for long and got the respect they deserver. Like them the old generation has paved the way for the new ones in PSU.

Guardians come and go. So few old people left now. Like Flair, they refuse to quit.

But when it comes down to it? Only the old people that has done something great should be resepected more like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Terry Funk, etc.

Ken_Silver
Feb 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
I can't really go by the ID numbers. Too many variables to factor in:

A high ID number can belong to someone who had an old character but then deleted them recently in order to take advantage of a certain class.

Some people had the game since day one, but did not hop online right away (that's my story by the way.)

Alts are a big flaw in this theory: veteran playing a new alt. How can you tell then?

There is a jerk in every category and I'm sure there are veteran jerks as well.

A veteran quits the game and then joins back recently? How does that classify? They have no clue of JA or anything else.

You find a well mannered fellow who has only had the game for 3 months. You think he/she is a veteran, then you check the ID number... *facepalm*

A personal favorite: Shared accounts. A newbie plays on his friends veteran account. That's what I did with a friend and that's how I was convinced to join PSU when I did instead of waiting 6-8 months for the expansion. I started out with online PSU 6 months after I bought the game.

So you see, there are too many "what if" scenarios in which to go by here, in order for me to judge senoirity with ID numbers. If we had a Senority system, that would be sort of cool, but since we don't, we can't do anything about it.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 15, 2008, 10:05 AM
The only thing about a lower ID#, is that they may know more about the game than the higher ID#. I mean, all you with really low ID #'s like me, we've been around longer, experienced more of the game, and know a lot more about stuff than the higher numbers. Now, this isn't always the case, but for the most part it is. I try to help people as best I can.

I mean yesterday I was grinding a Shato I got from the forest, it broke a grind, so I put it in my shop for 10k. Immediately like 3 people showed up. Apparently the next lowest shato, was 200k, and it was a 3/3. I don't get it. On PC/PS2 side, these things have dropped like candy... if a crea doubles board is like 100k, why is a shato, broken nonetheless, 200k? Meh, I typically way underprice things I don't have a use for.

THE JACKEL

ShuttleXpC
Feb 15, 2008, 10:14 AM
What do you mean alts? Your Guardian ID follows you wherever you are as long as you are on the same account, you could have made 1 single character day 1 of the game, be level 120 and have an alt level 1 that you made yesterday with the same Guardian ID.

strikershadow
Feb 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
WHAT? No one should be treated any different. i dont even care if its 0000001, just because someone was able to get the game day one and get online minutes after they bought it doesnt mean anything. Remember, most of the PSO members moved to PSU The server didnt shut down till after a year PSU came out. So if the "vets" waited then they got on after and they have a high ID number...

Honestly, I dont care ill group and be cool with any friendly person... BUT I do enjoy doing group missions with people who actually played PSO and talking bout the games before PSO

And id rather play with a player who played PSO over the new kids who doesnt even know what PSO is... A low number doesnt mean nothing on this game... let me meet someone who can talk bout the original phantasy stars from the original sega genesis!

NOW THAT WOULD GET MY RESPECT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NHOutlaw
Feb 15, 2008, 10:35 AM
<~~~~#3469

do i really care if the new ones respect me or not? i know that the vets around understand how life was back in the old days where we anticipated the Moatoob maps to arrive. everyone was broke and i remember...ZZZZZ....ZZZZ *snort* damn youngsters.

its all about fun, if youre one who commands respect, you've playes this game waaaay too much. take a break....its ok....it'll be here when you come back.

JAFO22000
Feb 15, 2008, 10:40 AM
Anyone who looks for respect on a video game is truly a nerd.

TheFonz
Feb 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
^ Amen to that.

Skyly
Feb 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
#978 = )

Nuff Said

Shardio
Feb 15, 2008, 11:33 AM
Oh, when I see a low ID number (even though I have a relatively low one as well; EU release player) I always think "Wow, still playing, nice!"
The only reason why I respect them a bit is in the fact that they have stuck with the game for this long, most likely enjoying it, and that they are good to talk nostalgia to.
"Remember running Plains Overlord days on end, just to lvl up?"
"Yeah, that was hell, fun hell though! XD"
But in regards of considering their statements to be worth more than a high ID numbered player? I won't consider it a factor.
A low ID doesn't make a good player, but generally speaking, these people have the right attitude.

chibiLegolas
Feb 15, 2008, 11:39 AM
I think they deserve a bit more than norm IF their PA's have been leveled to show that they're vets. But I just think their #'s are more like blue prints for a possible veteran in play. It DOESN'T automatically require us to give them respect, but it's certainly a plus, NOT a neutral nor negative IMO.
I personaly automatically have more respect for gunner types (GT specifically). Leveling vast amounts of bullets AND techs are NOT fun.
><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2008-02-15 08:42 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
There were well over 6000+ accounts for people who joined the PSU Xbox 360 US server accounts just on day one. Kind of hard to think of being even significant in any way. Now, the only real thing the lower IDs really have is the ability to remember back to the way things were different, and have experience of so many changes. Whether it is a gameplay modification, the drop rate of meseta, or back in the time when getting 18 Mission points was GOLD!!!!

Or maybe the time when a brand new planet opened up, or the time people finally had bosses other than De Ragan to fight. Lots of stuff. I don't think numbers should dictate respect. Your own conscious and doing what is actually GOOD should be key in that respect field. Lower IDs just give you a possible idea that there might be some neat *early game* info (useless and not so useless) that they might have. Might meaning, you have no idea whether they were an early joiner, decided to disappear for months and months, and then decided to come back. They still might've missed a lot.

Weeaboolits
Feb 15, 2008, 11:45 AM
ID number only tells me how long ago you signed up for your GL, level only tells you how much they've killed, PA levels just tell you how much they use particular arts, class levels only tell you they they use that class a certain amount or run high mp missions with it, rares only tells you they're lucky.

None of these things are gonna' make me respect you, the only thing that will is your behavior, if you don't act like a stupid jerk, I won't think you one.

Poncho_Jr
Feb 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 360 ID 3350ish...
I demand no respect at all...

On PC/PS2 ID 22000ish
I demand all the respect in the world cause I'm the officer of the law!!!

DEM_CIG
Feb 15, 2008, 01:21 PM
no... cause there just lucky and they haven't played the game as long as some of us... gear does not matter, its how u play...

RemiusTA
Feb 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
most older players piss me the fuck off. I started playing around the 4th month PSU was released, but my main is still in the 70's due to goofing around and quitting for a few months. (I quit after firebreak beucase subscription ran out and school came in.)

Most of the lv 120 players in this game (espically the ones who camp Moatoob) are elitists. I sware, even though this is an internet game, the tone they take with the lower level characters are just...mean.

Kylie
Feb 15, 2008, 02:04 PM
I don't think when you registered means a damn thing, but I'm sometimes intimidated by a low number. Why? Well, if they got the game the first day, chances are they're a hardcore fan. If they're a hardcore fan, then they might be, well, I'm gonna say the "E" word... elitist. This is definitely not always true, but I think the chances of someone being elitist is higher if they registered on day one (though, again, I know a lot of low ID players that I adore, and I'm in no way calling people that registered on day one anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). I guess since if you love the game that much, you might be a tad unforgiving to people that don't play as well as you do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-15 11:09 ]</font>

Darius_Drake
Feb 15, 2008, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I dont care ill group and be cool with any friendly person... BUT I do enjoy doing group missions with people who actually played PSO and talking bout the games before PS

And id rather play with a player who played PSO over the new kids who doesnt even know what PSO is... A low number doesnt mean nothing on this game... let me meet someone who can talk bout the original phantasy stars from the original sega genesis!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel you. I prefer grouping with people depending on how friendly they are, even if it means I won't be able to do S2 runs. I ran "A" rank runs this past weekend with a group using a lvl 120 character. I helped them level and we all had fun talking back and forth. Oh, and not trying to be smart but I played the original Phantasy Star game, which actually came out on the Sega Master System. The Sega Genesis actually picked up the series at 2. (OH gawd I must be old.)

do i really care if the new ones respect me or not? i know that the vets around understand how life was back in the old days where we anticipated the Moatoob maps to arrive. everyone was broke and i remember...ZZZZZ....ZZZZ *snort* damn youngsters.
---------------------------------------------------------

LOL!!! I just love it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darius_Drake on 2008-02-15 12:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darius_Drake on 2008-02-15 12:22 ]</font>

Rasputin
Feb 15, 2008, 03:42 PM
My ID number is 11xxx, and I joined on 3rd day (hint at how slowly the population has grown >.>).

ID number means jack shit. That is all.

ymecca
Feb 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
No i don't believe that the newer people deserve as much respect as the older people , i mean seriously they have gotten 2 events in 3 months time. For example my friend leveled from lvl 20 to lvl 68 in 3 days. It took us weeks of runs to asccomplish that. Not only that but because of the meseta increase they can now easily buy s rank items and 9 star for cheap. I remeber how bad it was working off of 100 meseta(if we were lucky)per kill. It took me and everyone of my friends 4 days just to get a 30k weapon. Now you can get that in maybe 20 minutes.

Koritsu
Feb 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
My digits are in the 34000s...

The ID#s are just a mark a chronological registration and nothing more. None DESERVE respect (can't STAND that word @ all) and as it has been repeated in this thread many times, your actions can beget respect. It is silly, tho, to DEMAND respect in a game....

Someone once told me long ago, "Not all PSO/PSU players are created equal". Word.

Katrina
Feb 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
No, giving respect solely based on ID number and join date is simply asinine. That's like saying respect people that make more money then you, are older then you, and have more post counts on gaming forums.

Respect has to be earned. aka: "Captain Ubbers" has been playing PSu'z since release, has all the pwnage gears, but is a complete and total prick. "Joey Nubs" has been playing for a day, has practically nothing worth jack in game, but is a nice normal guy.

Mad respect for Joey Nubs, whereas Captain Ubbers can kiss my ass. Common sense.

xeku
Feb 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well, I'm a newbie on the PS2 - I didn't even make a point to remember my ID #.
But, I've been playing PSO since 2000, and PSU for quite a long while on the 360.
So, no, I do not judge other's by ID.
In fact, I rarely even bother to check other's number in the first place..

RadiantLegend
Feb 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
I'd say yes, to a degree.

panzer_unit
Feb 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-02-15 11:04, Kylie wrote:
I don't think when you registered means a damn thing, but I'm sometimes intimidated by a low number. Why? Well, if they got the game the first day, chances are they're a hardcore fan. If they're a hardcore fan, then they might be, well, I'm gonna say the "E" word... elitist

... and you'd better serve them a steaming cup of prejudice before they do the same to you! Maybe they haven't seen you yet or something.

AMIRITEORWAT?

EDIT: I know you say you've got lots of low-ID friends, but a kneejerk reaction of fear and prejudice against low ID numbers is as bad as automatically dismissing high-ID. There's still the same chance someone's cool even if they're a noob who's had everything in the game handed to them on a silver platter in the last month and a half.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-15 13:40 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Feb 15, 2008, 04:34 PM
My lowest number card on my list is Tomeeboy at under 500. I have 5 cards (including Tomee) below 1000. I'm 21k, myself. (Wanted to complete the offline story before I went online.)

As someone who's played pretty much since V1's release, I don't demand respect, but I don't want a bunch of 40kers bragging about what they accomplished in two weeks. Some people don't play the game to have fun and enjoy the experience, they play to rush to the cap and get all the shiny rarz to get profit. >.>

I don't demand respect. I know I won't get it either way, so...:

Besides, my brother managed to get Hagane from 35 to 120 in the frame of about 2-3 months on just the weekends, and I seriously disrespect the fact that he won't play any character except a capped character, using PA's that don't matter, and hunting rares we have already, instead of letting me play and hunt FoI for the EXP rather than the rares. He says it's because "the value", so that's why I don't respect his play style. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

I don't want respect, but it WOULD be nice...>.>

Christmas
Feb 15, 2008, 04:37 PM
The only thing a low ID is good for is stopping fights about people arguing over IDs. You know, the "Mine is lower, so I'm better than you." IDs really don't matter.

MelanyKoura
Feb 15, 2008, 04:46 PM
You shouldn't GIVE respect; people need to EARN it.

Personally, I think it should be earned through how you manage yourself as a player and also what you do. I'd rather know a level 120 player that has all 1* gear and is a really great person/player than know someone of the same level with +10* gear and have them be complete ass****s. ID means next to nothing. As I saw some say before... many low IDs are just people who quit and came back. I can safely say I'm not one of those people and I'm in the 1-9k range for my ID.

So yeah, veteran here. If you don't believe it, I'll list all my hours played and pop up the dates on all my logs. :3 Have a nice day.

But bottom line: No, ID does not constitute respect. Nor do weapons, armor, money, or PA levels. It's the people behind the character that constitute either earning the respect or not being worthy of it.

Katrina
Feb 15, 2008, 05:22 PM
ooo... someone said the E____ word...

Low ID guy#1: "Yeah, I have *blah* *blah* rarez, maxxed *blah* *blah*

Newbie ID guy: "Cool"

Low ID guy#1: "Dam right. My PA's are maxxed, but you have to use these specific PA's, and these only for my particular type or ur gimp. You must *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "Er cool man.. Gotta get goi"

Lowbie ID guy#1: "See look at all the nubs. This guy is using the wrong *blah *blah* haven't been playing as long as me *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "Uh.. yeah. This game is pretty swe"

Lowbie ID guy#1: "And see her, she runs __ missions. You need to maximize *blah* *blah* xp-to-rare-to-MP-ratio mission *blah* otherwise it's a total waste because *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "Alright, gonna head ou"

Lowbie ID guy#1: "Look at this nubs armor % ololx! Everyone knows you're gimp unless you use *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "..."

Lowbie ID guy#1: "Yeah, gonna check my PM soon, synthing another 15 star Trace Jigga Pwn *blah* *blah* only optimal choice *blah* otherwise gimp *blah*

Newbie ID guy: :: sneaks away::

everyone <3's elitists!!!

panzer_unit
Feb 15, 2008, 05:38 PM
On 2008-02-15 14:22, Pixiesugar wrote:

Low ID guy#1: blaaaaahhhhhhhh

... I've never run into anyone like that in PSU. Are we talking about what actually happens in-game or is this story time?

Closest it got was one guy who FREAKED OUT when he found out my Cast was wearing Rabol Gant instead of something with a SUV for boxes in 1up missions.

Sekani
Feb 15, 2008, 06:01 PM
The only numbers I care about are the ones next to your PA levels.

And on 360 anyone with an ID over 43000 is automatically a demo noob and considered an idiot until proven otherwise. (If you think this is harsh, you haven't spent enough time on Universe 1.)

chu-chu-chu
Feb 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
majarra 40, be-acthes!!

LOL!!!

Rayokarna
Feb 15, 2008, 06:31 PM
My ID is somewhere around 37k. I tend not to care about respect. I get enough of it in battle as a PT.

I have several capped Skills (Bogga Robado, Dus Daggas and Rising Strike) and I tend not to take any notice if anything is said about my PAs. There is very few times where I go just to lvl PAs. So mine are all tend to be low cause I let them lvl naturally. I tend to vear away from party debates about whos better, but nothing annoys more than players who flocked to PT after V1 and demand respect on the battle field for laying a simple trap. -_-

Sekani
Feb 15, 2008, 06:36 PM
On 2008-02-15 15:31, Rayokarna wrote:
My ID is somewhere around 37k. I tend not to care about respect. I get enough of it in battle as a PT.

I have several capped Skills (Bogga Robado, Dus Daggas and Rising Strike) and I tend not to take any notice if anything is said about my PAs. There is very few times where I go just to lvl PAs. So mine are all tend to be low cause I let them lvl naturally. I tend to vear away from party debates about whos better, but nothing annoys more than players who flocked to PT after V1 and demand respect on the battle field for laying a simple trap. -_-

They don't have to be all maxed, since mine are definitely low by elitist standards (melee in mid-to-upper-20s, bullets all at 20-21), but I've seen SO many people that are level 70 or higher and have maybe one or two PAs over level 10, or they have Chikki and machinegun bullets all at 40 with nothing else over 5. In my book, those are noobs.

Raine_Loire
Feb 15, 2008, 06:36 PM
On 2008-02-15 07:40, JAFO22000 wrote:

lolz

chu-chu-chu
Feb 15, 2008, 06:39 PM

What does that make person if she looks for love on video game!??!?!

LOL!!!!

Sekani
Feb 15, 2008, 06:42 PM
On 2008-02-15 15:39, chu-chu-chu wrote:

LOL!!!!

Your "girlfriend" turned you down again, eh?

JAFO22000
Feb 15, 2008, 06:43 PM

LOL!!!!

Ask my PSU girlfriend! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

chu-chu-chu
Feb 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
On 2008-02-15 15:42, Sekani wrote:

LOL!!!!

Your "girlfriend" turned you down again, eh?

LOL!!!

DoubleJG
Feb 15, 2008, 07:08 PM
On 2008-02-15 14:22, Pixiesugar wrote:

Low ID guy#1: "Dam right. My PA's are maxxed, but you have to use these specific PA's, and these only for my particular type or ur gimp. You must *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "Er cool man.. Gotta get goi"

Lowbie ID guy#1: "See look at all the nubs. This guy is using the wrong *blah *blah* haven't been playing as long as me *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "Uh.. yeah. This game is pretty swe"

Lowbie ID guy#1: "And see her, she runs __ missions. You need to maximize *blah* *blah* xp-to-rare-to-MP-ratio mission *blah* otherwise it's a total waste because *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "Alright, gonna head ou"

Lowbie ID guy#1: "Look at this nubs armor % ololx! Everyone knows you're gimp unless you use *blah* *blah*"

Newbie ID guy: "..."

Lowbie ID guy#1: "Yeah, gonna check my PM soon, synthing another 15 star Trace Jigga Pwn *blah* *blah* only optimal choice *blah* otherwise gimp *blah*

Newbie ID guy: :: sneaks away::

That's just awesome lol.

Larian
Feb 15, 2008, 10:28 PM
I'm 17986 and I'll be the first to admit I just plain suck all around! (Just don't tell my friends! =/ ) Now back in the day...As far as PSO went, I thought I was a pretty decent player. But that really doesn't matter anymore either. Only a handfull of people really know who I am and I'm fine with that.

Kylie
Feb 15, 2008, 10:40 PM
On 2008-02-15 13:19, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2008-02-15 11:04, Kylie wrote:
I don't think when you registered means a damn thing, but I'm sometimes intimidated by a low number. Why? Well, if they got the game the first day, chances are they're a hardcore fan. If they're a hardcore fan, then they might be, well, I'm gonna say the "E" word... elitist

... and you'd better serve them a steaming cup of prejudice before they do the same to you! Maybe they haven't seen you yet or something.

AMIRITEORWAT?

EDIT: I know you say you've got lots of low-ID friends, but a kneejerk reaction of fear and prejudice against low ID numbers is as bad as automatically dismissing high-ID. There's still the same chance someone's cool even if they're a noob who's had everything in the game handed to them on a silver platter in the last month and a half.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-02-15 13:40 ]</font>
:-? I don't think I could make it any clearer that I wasn't talking about all low ID number people; it's just more likely. Personally, I don't judge anyone before I get to know them, but I was noting that not all stereotypical low number ID people are plesant. Therefore, they don't deserve my respect. I guess I should have just said everyone deserves to be treated civilly but true respect has to be earned regardless of ID; you know, instead of chiseling away at the delicate form of elitism.

GreenArcher
Feb 15, 2008, 10:50 PM
To some degree...yes.

Kind of like a respect your elders think...but not really.

Edgard
Feb 15, 2008, 10:58 PM
Well the only reason lower numbers deserve some kind of credit is for helping PSU get things started. If it hadn't been for the first players, PSU may have never evolved into AOIT... So they deserve some credit!

As for respect, I give each individual the same amount of respect regardless of their ID number... But I have to admit that some people are way too immature and deserve to be laughed at. Every other day I play PSU I'll find some noobs who deserves to get booted or banned!

Anduril
Feb 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
I think it depends. IF they are those lower ID people who have stuck it out through the crap that ST has given us, yeah, they deserve a bit more respect for actually sticking it out. But there are some people with higher ID numbers who deserve just as much respect for the fact that they are good players (not that they play well, but that they don't run around whining about everything or exploiting glitches).

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 15, 2008, 11:15 PM
I don't think so. There are some people who have low ID's, and they're total pricks, and there are some with high ID's who are awesome people. Also, gear alone shouldn't be a measure of respect either. Even a noob/newb can get 11* weapons and stuff that is like 50% or so and still suck. And even a veteran may be totally unfortunate and never get an S rank, and may only have 10% weapons and armor but still be good at the game.

Dragwind
Feb 16, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hahahahahahahaha.

The countless people I've seen demand respect due to older ID's, yet only play the game once a month, once a year perhaps for that matter......

_K1_
Feb 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
I started on the PC at launch, then switched to 360. My ID number will obviously only show the time I've been on Xbox, despite having played the game since Oct 2006. And I'm certainly not alone in this.

MUDGRIP
Feb 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
my id number is 392...and i also play halo2.net_edu/goodluck0ngoodluck?lockout2009ffaRumbleSnipers=sKu llNades

so yes i deserve 10k everytime u see my characters.

Ashkahn
Feb 16, 2008, 01:16 PM
#7708 for me.

Really though, I don't care what your ID Number is. If you're a nice guy who spices up a dull mission, then I'll gladly accept your presence and Partner Card.

On the other side, if you're going to screech into my headset with idiotic spam and what not, then I'll quickly show you the way out of my party.

It's all about personality for me. Gear's nice, but it doesn't make the game. The people do.