PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Weird visual glitch/malfunction?

Zainith
Feb 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry if this is a repost or a dupe, but I searched and saw nothing of the same. Ok, last night I was spamming Scarred Planet hoping to get Rappys so I could get a Madam Brella. I go into the second block and while I am loading I look down at a book I had next to me. I look back up and see my screen filled with faint red lines and a faint red tint to it. This confuses me, so I turn my TV off and then back on. Nothing changes. So I restart my 360 and when I log back in everything is fine. I start playing again and half way through the first block my screen gets the red tint again. I think to myself "Screw this, I need to go to work in 30 minutes." So I keep playing. Then things start to make a bit of sense. I check a pile of debris with my goggles and notice that my screen isnt red. I go out of the goggle screen and it is red again. I go back to my goggle screen and turn to one of my NPCs (Tonnio to be precise)and my screen turns red again. I turn away, it is back to normal. I remove both of my NPCs from my party and my screen returns to normal. So it is obviously something that has to do with my NPCs, but I do not know if it is a glitch in PSU, or a problem with my Xbox. Im leaning towards Xbox. I doubt many here are knowledgeable about this issue, but im just wondering, has anyone else had this problem?

TL;DR version - My screen turns red due to NPC hax, help plz.

Thanks!

JAFO22000
Feb 15, 2008, 03:59 PM
Sounds like someone is going to be getting a visit from the RRoD fairy soon!

rogue_robot
Feb 15, 2008, 04:04 PM
...Either that or your characters conceal a massive hatred for Tonnio Rhima.

But, just to be sure, you might want to prepare yourself for the possibility of RRoD...

Chuck_Norris
Feb 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
To anyone who doesn't know what "RRoD" is. This handy video should clear things up....kinda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1-eniEcEuE

vfloresjr24
Feb 15, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hahaha that was a funny ass video. "Red Ring of Death!!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vfloresjr24 on 2008-02-15 13:15 ]</font>

Zainith
Feb 15, 2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I figured there would be a possibility of the RRoD. If that happens, I will just play some Pogeymans or something while I wait to send it in and get it back =/

Speaking of which, this is almost as weird as the other day when I dropped my controller on a corner of my laptop and the Operating System just become "not found."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zainith on 2008-02-15 13:18 ]</font>

rogue_robot
Feb 15, 2008, 04:18 PM
I'm just saying hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. The old family PC back at my dad's place did a similar weird-colored-lines across the screen thing under certain circumstances for about a month or two before the hardware completely crapped out.

It doesn't hurt to be careful...

Phetty
Feb 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
Id say expect the RRoD in the next few days. One of the times I sent my 360 back I had that problem.

Zainith
Feb 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-02-15 13:18, rogue_robot wrote:
I'm just saying hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. The old family PC back at my dad's place did a similar weird-colored-lines across the screen thing under certain circumstances for about a month or two before the hardware completely crapped out.

It doesn't hurt to be careful...

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I guess a call to Microsoft sometime or another wouldn't hurt?

Zorafim
Feb 15, 2008, 04:20 PM
Console hotter than dragon breath, huh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-02-15 13:20 ]</font>

Christmas
Feb 15, 2008, 04:29 PM
Check to see if it is the cable going bad. If you're lucky, it's the cable and not the 360.

rogue_robot
Feb 15, 2008, 04:32 PM
Heat problems? Probably in the case of the 360, although the computer I mentioned never really had heat problems - it was just about a decade old and in a house where a visible layer of dust will build on anything within at least two days, regardless of how frequently it's disturbed.

Heh, the only reason my 360's gonna last forever... is because it generally doesn't find itself getting worked out much. If I can play the game on PC, I'd much rather go that route (Halo 3, Mass Effect, and the occasional stint of Armored Core 4 are all I ever use it for).