PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to happen?

goaferboy
Feb 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
Right, I thought I had a case of "the phantoms" but it seems that I take damage as if I'd been poisoned every time I use Megistaride. Is that supposed to happen? I can't find anything to suggest that it should. Although one of the ingredients to make it is poison berry. It doesn't mention it in the description though.

JarinKail
Feb 17, 2008, 08:18 AM
Yup, it's a side effect of getting all 4 buffs from one item.

goaferboy
Feb 17, 2008, 08:24 AM
Well thats a bit of an arse. It would be nice if they mentioned it in the description! Confused the hell out of me!

Sasamichan
Feb 17, 2008, 09:33 AM
The English translations are a bit screwed up like calling a Frauduke a TCSM instead of a RCSM or misspelling Photon on a Halarod.

JarinKail
Feb 17, 2008, 09:55 AM
On 2008-02-17 05:24, goaferboy wrote:
Well thats a bit of an arse. It would be nice if they mentioned it in the description! Confused the hell out of me!

Yeah, it got me the first time I used one too. I think I read about it on the PSUPedia or some thread here a while back. I figured it out just by taking one Megi and standing in an area without enemies and I kinda made the connection.

Dhylec
Feb 17, 2008, 10:45 AM
you know there is a poison berry in it, then it's not too crazy to see some poisoning. ;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-02-17 07:48 ]</font>

goaferboy
Feb 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah, but It doesn't even come up with the poison icon on my health bar. Plus I've found no mention of poison effects on the item descriptions here or in game.

I can imagine the person (in game) that made the "recipe" for it.

Scientist: "Take some hustleberries and a poison berry"
Assistant: "Why would you do that? Poison berries are poisonous."
Scientist: "Yeah.....but......"
Assistant: "It even says so in the name."
Scientist: "Damnit Bill, I'm a scientist and I know what I'm doing!"

Edit: Just noticed its poison truffle not berry. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-02-17 16:05 ]</font>

Retniwreven
Feb 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
But poison is delicious... ;_;

I mean, GRM decided to manufacture the SEED-Virus after all, so people in that kind of business make stupid choices.