PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Grinder S+X

PALRAPPYS
Feb 17, 2008, 07:26 PM
Ok... so all of us have had those times when we're just too scared to do that grind right? Well, here's an idea of a way to fix that.

A Grinder S+X would be a rare boss drop, from any mission that's boss is on at least an S difficulty level. It would be as rare or rarer than your average S rank weapon board. The thing is, a Grinder S+X is a guaranteed success regardless of luck, grind level, or anything.

Also... Grinder A/B/C +X's could be found on the equivalent mission level on a boss.

What do you think?

Syl
Feb 17, 2008, 07:32 PM
Too broken IMO lol

PALRAPPYS
Feb 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
On 2008-02-17 16:32, SylviaEspada wrote:
Too broken IMO lol

With a rare drop rate like an S rank weapon board or worse, I question how it would be so broken. The current system could use improvements regardless.

Shiryuu
Feb 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
Replace amure tippy drop with it. Then it could work. Probably.

PALRAPPYS
Feb 17, 2008, 07:41 PM
On 2008-02-17 16:40, Shiryuu wrote:
Replace amure tippy drop with it. Then it could work. Probably.

Likely.

But if you mean the drop rate on the Weapon dropping or the chance of finding Rappy Igg THEN getting it, well that'd definitely be fair; just be impossible to find!

Skye-Fox713
Feb 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
or they could be at a psu v1 Dessert Goliath drop rate

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
I had an idea like this awhile ago

My other idea was a grinder that restored a possible grind to a weapon. AKA, you break it once, and now have a 0/9 weapon. The grinder would make it a 0/10 weapon again. This way, you're still not guaranteed anything. But that high percent highly rare melee weapon doesn't become completely useless anymore. Agito repca comes to mind.

THE JACKEL

PALRAPPYS
Feb 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
On 2008-02-17 16:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

My other idea was a grinder that restored a possible grind to a weapon. AKA, you break it once, and now have a 0/9 weapon. The grinder would make it a 0/10 weapon again. This way, you're still not guaranteed anything. But that high percent highly rare melee weapon doesn't become completely useless anymore. Agito repca comes to mind.

THE JACKEL

That'd work perfectly too in my mind.

I despise the current system, but I have to admit, is way better in so many ways than the old oen.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 17, 2008, 07:45 PM
On 2008-02-17 16:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Do you mean that it resets it to 0/10, regardless of the grinds you have on it, or what?

Retniwreven
Feb 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
I think the one that restores a grind to the max grind level to be a far more balanced idea than a grinder that never fails.
I mean, if I had a 100% chance grinder, I wouldn't be complaining at ALL, but it does seem a bit unfair.

littleman2347
Feb 17, 2008, 08:15 PM
I like it.

The2dCour
Feb 17, 2008, 08:32 PM
I like the sound of repairing weapons to 0/10 better. Unbreakable grinds would make 9/10 10/10 grinds pretty common I think. Then again the current system isnt too bad. At least we don't lose our weapons any more ^.~

I'm just thinking about the S ranks I have at 6 or 7 right now and that I would gladly wait through getting 3 or 4 of these "x" grinders to get them to 10... 10/10 gur asted pl0x

steely
Feb 17, 2008, 08:32 PM
i think it would be good if we had synth it and the synth ingredients were all the boss decorations lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sylpheed
Feb 17, 2008, 08:37 PM
A better idea along those lines could be; The grinder S+X could be as common as the OP stated and instead of giving a garunteed grind it works just like any other grinder, however if the grind fails the weapon dosen't lose its max grind but it dosen't gain a grind either. Obviously on the flip side if the grind succeeds its worked just like any normal grinder but it negates the worry of losing a weapons max grind whatever the outcome.

RemiusTA
Feb 17, 2008, 08:43 PM
How about this?

An item that you use before a grind that either:

A) In the event of a break, stops the weapon from losing its max grind number
B) In the event of a break, stops the weapon from losing its current grind number (but still strips a max)
c) Prevents any negative effects of a weapon upon failure.

I think those are less broken than just a guaranteed success. I think choice C is the coolest. It could be about as rare as an 10* weapon, but the drawback of the item in general is that you lose it weather you succeed or fail.

Sylpheed
Feb 17, 2008, 08:47 PM
Lol, that's more or less what i just said.....

GuardianElite
Feb 18, 2008, 01:41 AM
On 2008-02-17 17:43, RemiusTA wrote:
How about this?

An item that you use before a grind that either:

A) In the event of a break, stops the weapon from losing its max grind number
B) In the event of a break, stops the weapon from losing its current grind number (but still strips a max)
c) Prevents any negative effects of a weapon upon failure.

I think those are less broken than just a guaranteed success. I think choice C is the coolest. It could be about as rare as an 10* weapon, but the drawback of the item in general is that you lose it weather you succeed or fail.

Lets not make this game any more easier than it is..

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 18, 2008, 02:04 AM
On 2008-02-17 17:37, Sylpheed wrote:
A better idea along those lines could be; The grinder S+X could be as common as the OP stated and instead of giving a garunteed grind it works just like any other grinder, however if the grind fails the weapon dosen't lose its max grind but it dosen't gain a grind either. Obviously on the flip side if the grind succeeds its worked just like any normal grinder but it negates the worry of losing a weapons max grind whatever the outcome.

I support this one, or the restoring grind. However, ST doesn't read these forums >.>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
what I meant about the restoring grind, is it restores ONE grind. Not return to max. If you got to a 0/2 weapon, it wouldn't make it 0/10 again, but 0/3.

THE JACKEL

superdood22
Feb 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
On 2008-02-17 17:47, Sylpheed wrote:
Lol, that's more or less what i just said.....

I know, I was just about to say that... :/