PDA

View Full Version : Dulk-senba- Usable anywhere?

Neith
Feb 18, 2008, 09:58 AM
I've been hunting Agito Repca, and Fakis drops in True Darkness S2 lately, and last run, Fakis dropped a Dulk-senba board.

Before I decide to synth or sell it, I'm kinda curious if anyone thinks it's actually a usable armour in any situation (talking S2 rank missions). The stats aren't bad, but the -10 STA reduction I'd imagine would hurt a lot. Couple that with the fact it's Dark-element only, and I assume you'd be getting one-hit by a lot of Megid.

Since there's only Head and Body slots, I can't even use a Hard / Stamina to minimize the STA loss.

Seriously, is there anywhere this armour could be used? It just seems...pointless. I know I could get away with it in missions with limited SE (Plains Overlord etc), but using lightning/fire armours would be more beneficial there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DEM_CIG
Feb 18, 2008, 10:03 AM
No not really...

Doh42
Feb 18, 2008, 10:11 AM
If you have a /resist unit of the appropriate type, the -10 STA becomes irrelevant, I suppose.

Now, where's that incapacitate / resist...

Neith
Feb 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
On 2008-02-18 07:11, Doh42 wrote:
If you have a /resist unit of the appropriate type, the -10 STA becomes irrelevant, I suppose.

Yeah, I was thinking that, but because Dulk-senba is Dark only, it means you'd be likely (normally) to use it in a place like Hive. Now for a fighter, going into Hive with -10 on your STA is probably a bad idea. I still get killed when there's a large spawn of Deljabans.

Then I thought "maybe it's good for a Gunner? They have time to dodge Megid". No, it has no Arm Slot, and no Extra slot, which rules out most gunners, seeing as Casts need that slot.

The ONLY way I can see it being of any use is on a Techer (Head/Body are good slots for one), but still, there's no reason to use it over another Dark armour.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

beatrixkiddo
Feb 18, 2008, 10:37 AM
You wear it so you can be QUEEN Minako, Fakis's wife.

Shiryuu
Feb 18, 2008, 11:20 AM
Can still use it against hard hitting dark monsters like Orcdillan, Dilnazen, etc. Besides, it has an awesome block effect.

NNEONateDogg
Feb 18, 2008, 11:31 AM

Vijeri / Resist (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/2834/vijeri___resist/). When this comes out I bet most people will be saying "I have to have it!".

erickarim
Feb 18, 2008, 11:41 AM
Sexactly !!!

you equip your dulk semba. load your kazarod with dark spells and spit megid like crazy = pure evil and bad ass looking. XD

if only it had the extra slot for the blackheart unit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

lol joking aside :

FT = Dulk semba. with a good % and it being a 12* + buffs. most "regular" megid will hit for 0 . excelent protection against mele also. win!

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, Dark only, and only a Head and Body slot? I guess that's more of a FT armor than anything else. Other than that, not too appealing.

GuardianElite
Feb 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
funny tging even with the resist you going to get burn and frozen alot

Umberger
Feb 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-02-18 08:57, Shiroryuu wrote:
Wow, Dark only, and only a Head and Body slot? I guess that's more of a FT armor than anything else. Other than that, not too appealing.

I can zero out the Deljaban Megid in HIVE (well, at least in TD I can) with a 26% Dulk-senba. It's definitely meant to be a FT armor...Gaozoran Foie still sucks though. =p

Tita
Feb 18, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-02-18 08:31, NNEONateDogg wrote:

Vijeri / Resist (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/2834/vijeri___resist/). When this comes out I bet most people will be saying "I have to have it!".

haha yeah. can you say "broken"?

dulk senba's only hope is a FT who ends up with this resist and loves to run HIVE missions.

TheStoicOne
Feb 18, 2008, 03:29 PM
ADD SLOT GET!

ilovetypemoon
Feb 18, 2008, 03:43 PM
Ironically, I found a Dulk-Senba board while reading this thread. Anyways, there's no doubt about it. This was meant to be a FT armor since the lack of arm or extra is a deal breaker for all none techer classes.

Vickie
Feb 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
its meant to be used by techers only on dulk fakis because of the high defense its the highest def armor out there atm and dulk fakis doesnt use incapacitate and he doesnt silence so a fortetecher with stun resist would be untouchable

GuardianElite
Feb 19, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-02-19 08:58, Vickie wrote:
its meant to be used by techers only on dulk fakis because of the high defense its the highest def armor out there atm and dulk fakis doesnt use incapacitate and he doesnt silence so a fortetecher with stun resist would be untouchable

Dont worry the Goazorans Burn and ice doesnt hurt

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 19, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'd like to point out that while Dulk Senba has just about the highest Def stat out there, it also has just about the highest Ment stat as well, clocking in at 189. Figure in Dark resistance on top of that, and a well leveled character may not give a shit about getting hit by a burst of Megid that just can't do any damage. No damage means no proc. That -10 Sta might not be an issue, most especially on a ForteTecher. A 120/15 Newman FT might be, for all intents and purposes, downright invulnerable to status-inflicting spells.

GuardianElite
Feb 19, 2008, 04:25 PM
On 2008-02-19 13:20, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I'd like to point out that while Dulk Senba has just about the highest Def stat out there, it also has just about the highest Ment stat as well, clocking in at 189. Figure in Dark resistance on top of that, and a well leveled character may not give a shit about getting hit by a burst of Megid that just can't do any damage. No damage means no proc. That -10 Sta might not be an issue, most especially on a ForteTecher. A 120/15 Newman FT might be, for all intents and purposes, downright invulnerable to status-inflicting spells.

Not very accurate even with newman FT you gonna get burned and frozen alot kid yourself not