PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new Zelda for the GC?

ruffianvegeta
Jan 16, 2003, 06:17 PM
I was just wandering what all you guys out there think about the new Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game for the Nintendo Gamecube. Any of you guys gonna get it out there? I know i am.
Some of you guys may think it is "kiddy" but i have actually saw it in action and you wouldn't believe how wrong you are. I myself was disappointed in the cel-shaded graphics but I dont think so now. For all you guys that don't like it but still a Zelda fan, i "heard" that a new more serious adult Link with the nice looking graphics is going to make a appearence sometime on the Gamecube but i do not know when.

neko-chan
Jan 16, 2003, 06:21 PM
This thread reminds me something...

Uhm... what could it be? (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-10-11&res=l)

rena-ko
Jan 16, 2003, 07:04 PM
-imho, cell-shading is just a graphics style, jet set/grind radio wasnt cool because it used cell-shading but because it was a great game in the whole.
-and takuto will be a great game too, i believe strongly in miyamoto-san.
-and you mean soul calibur 2 i guess...

ps:
please, dont post that shiggy miggy-pic again, or i'll pee myself this time XD > all

Alielle
Jan 16, 2003, 07:13 PM
I'll be preordering it pretty soon. I'm trying not to spoil it for myself, so I'm avoiding reviews and screenshots. X3

neko-chan
Jan 16, 2003, 07:23 PM
I got the game at the end of December. Mainly for collecting purposes, since I thought the Ocarina and Ura things were cool. Well, I was disappointed: it's only a little book, mainly a manual containing the instructions how to play Ocarina. At the end of this little manual there's a crappy "pocket" made of paper, and inside the extra disk.

What's good is the game itself. I don't understand so much of the plot and often I'm checking gamefaqs in order to proceed. But the game seems dam good. It's about emotions: when Link first left is hometown on board of his little vessel, I must admit a little, very little ^_^ teardrop appeared on my eyes.

Graphic is astounding. Period. ^_^

Ashram
Jan 16, 2003, 07:42 PM
The new more mature adult link will be a secret character in the gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2, and I might get this game.

RuneLateralus
Jan 17, 2003, 12:20 AM
I really do not care for the character designs at first, but it is a more unique and original look for the series. The cel shading technique is extremely well done. The bonus disc is the ultimate sealer of the deal. Basically, I am excited for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-01-16 21:21 ]</font>

ruffianvegeta
Jan 17, 2003, 08:57 PM
Ouch that hurt man but i wasnt rating the game.and where the hell did u find that geez?!?!

CajunSamurai
Jan 18, 2003, 05:31 AM
NO MANG ITS TEH CELDA!!111!!

Seriously, I always laughed at the people that hated it from day one based on the character designs, and I still think that's one of the stupidest prejudices anyone could have for a game, ESPECIALLY a Zelda game. JEEZ... Of course now, the majority of those people are now eagerly awaiting the game and have gotten over the fact that the game is cel-shaded and Link looks something like a Powerpuff Girl. I've loved the look and style from the very beginning, personally.

Can't wait! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaevarkAran
Jan 18, 2003, 11:24 AM
yeah, i was extremely pissed whenever i first saw the cel-shading. i mean just think about it, look at the Link vs. Ganondorf scene, that was awesome! i thought i would never like the cel shaded zelda, but it grew on me. good thing that Wind Waker comes out on my birthday. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and about that better looking Link, here's a picture of him in Soul Calibur 2.

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsgfx/sc2b.jpg

Ghaleon
Jan 18, 2003, 11:28 AM
i like the way it looks

neko-chan
Jan 18, 2003, 12:08 PM
The Link vs. Ganondorf scene was a total crap and I'm surprised someone actually really enjoyed it. Lack of originality, imagination and style. The excact opposite of Kaze no Takuto and, in general, any other Miyamoto's game.

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 18, 2003, 02:38 PM
I don't care what the game looks like. As long as it's fun. And the cel shaded graphics look cool!

Auracom
Jan 18, 2003, 10:56 PM
I love the look of cell-shading, very simple and cool. I need money... when i get some i'll definitly pick a copy up!

mystic_knight
Jan 19, 2003, 02:34 AM
Lol, I'm saving my money now to pre-order it...but like hell I'm gonna skip .hack:infection for it. That's why I need to save my money, so I can have both games and a PS2 network adaptor =).