PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Will you play PSP?

aozora
Feb 19, 2008, 11:26 AM
Since there are threads such as "have you played PSO before?" and "have you played previous PS games?" I just had to make another poll. hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Well I'm pretty sure most of you know that Sonic Team is going to release Phantasy Star Portable (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1777) eventually. But how many of you are actually buy it and play it?

RedMussel
Feb 19, 2008, 11:28 AM
No becuase i wuv my DS. I might go pick up a PSP just for this game if the reviews are good.

Chibi_psu
Feb 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
The idea for a portable psu is just great.Cant wait to play it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2008-02-19 08:31 ]</font>

Kylie
Feb 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
I might. Haven't got a PSP yet, but I might end up getting one. If I do, PSU will be on my list of games to get.

darkante
Feb 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
Probably not..i already have a DS so i feel itīs a waste of money ATM to buy PSP just for that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

aozora
Feb 19, 2008, 11:36 AM
This past Christmas, someone offered to buy me a present. So, me thinking that I will need a PSP when PSPortable comes out, went and said "I want a PSP!" And now I have one waiting for the actual game to come out

Apone
Feb 19, 2008, 11:36 AM
Im curious but playing portables hurts my neck if I play too long. Thats why I have a gameboy p;layer for my 'cube. I want a DS and Id like a PSP but really my consoles take up enough time already...

Akaimizu
Feb 19, 2008, 11:44 AM
Most definitely. I already had one, mainly to play Disgaea on it. Of course, it took a while before they did, but I'm glad they did it.

I'm curious about the extra story and also the PSP puts the notion of online play that needs no servers to support. At least with my friends. That way, there's PSU long after the PSU servers decide to retire years from now.

They also have a pretty good team making this version, so I'm really curious to see how much better they can program the thing. Not to mention, it'll have all the latest and greatest stuff in it and all the time in the world to hunt for cool, but otherwise hard to get, weapons.

aozora
Feb 19, 2008, 11:50 AM
It would be interesting if they could merge the PSP with a PS2, PC, or 360. Like they did with the mini games on PSO with the GBA. But I'm pretty sure Microsoft wouldn't be happy to merge with a system from Sony.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aozora on 2008-02-19 08:50 ]</font>

Sora_Psu
Feb 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
I have had my PSP since it was first released..and l8tley it has been collecting dust and the only game that stays in there is PowerStone (DS FTW) lol, but i might ressurect it for this depending on how good it is..I'll definatley be ressurecting it for the KH titles coming out for it tho (even though that was off topic) =p

Akaimizu
Feb 19, 2008, 12:04 PM
Actually, there's no chance of a server merge with the PSP. That one is being designed specifically to work with the PSP platform, its speed, and Adhoc communication. Of course, those with any USB Datel Wi-fi Max dongle and a computer or Laptop will be able to play it over the internet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-19 09:05 ]</font>

CAST-Sapphire
Feb 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah I plan on play the PSP game.

DEM_CIG
Feb 19, 2008, 12:32 PM
Im already addicted to PSU... y would i not play it for the psp when Phantasy Star Portable it comes out...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DEM_CIG on 2008-02-19 09:36 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 19, 2008, 12:36 PM
Honestly, it would have to be 1000x this game for me to get it

THE JACKEL

Akaimizu
Feb 19, 2008, 12:38 PM
That's a pretty high number. But alas, I doubt we'll see a Virtual Reality attachment for PSP, PSU, nor for the next 2 console generations. That's my measure of a prerequisite for 1000x better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-19 09:40 ]</font>

Krltplps
Feb 19, 2008, 01:11 PM
If they ported it to the DS I'd be all over it, but there's no way I'm buying a PSP.

aozora
Feb 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
I bet this is old news but... From reading the official site (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/)
Its says:
"「PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE」との連動要素も気になる"
Translation: Look forward for gearing with "PSU"
So does that mean they will have mini games like the GC ver had?

EDIT: hmm the Japanese characters wont show up...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aozora on 2008-02-19 10:21 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Feb 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
I intend of getting this on release day. The only game I look forward to on DS is Megaman Star Force 2. Other than that, my PSP lives in my pocket.

Shishi-O
Feb 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
i swore off sony products when they killed dreamcast, silly i know, but still.

DoubleJG
Feb 19, 2008, 02:24 PM
I might get it. I used to have a PSP but I sold it seeing how it was constantly shunned over my DS lol. I'll need more info on the PSP exclusive features down the line before I make a decision as to whether I'll be rebuying a PSP just for this game.. It also depends on if some of my friends end up getting it.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 19, 2008, 05:17 PM
No, games are for playing at home 17.86 % (5)

Kion
Feb 19, 2008, 05:25 PM
there's games for PSP!!? i haven't found any use for mine except an over priced, over sized, short battery life mp3 player.

XCOPY
Feb 19, 2008, 05:28 PM
Of course I'm getting it...this was one of the reasons I recently bought the system, actually. I'm not sure how a Phantasy Star fan could ever resist the idea of a portable Phantasy Star.

Dragwind
Feb 19, 2008, 05:49 PM
Being able to play PSU on the go sounds great. Count me in.

Sinue_v2
Feb 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
I don't own a PSP, and PSP is not enough to make me want to get one.

I'm sure one day, far in the future, I'll find a PSP and a copy of the game at some game shop used for like $20 buck total. I'll probably pick it up then.

So yes, I will play it. Just not any time soon.

mvffin
Feb 19, 2008, 07:01 PM
already have a psp, so of course i'm getting it. by then, i'll have my 4 characters capped, so it'll give me something to do. i'm sure my brother would play it too.

Sekani
Feb 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
I didn't see a "No, because I'm not even remotely interested in the game" option.

-Tidus_415-
Feb 19, 2008, 07:08 PM
PSP >>>>>>>>>>>>> DS

Everyone that knows about a custom firmware PSP can agree.

SStrikerR
Feb 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
Holy Crap I forgot about PSUP. The only reason my RL friends dont play psu is cuz we couldnt play together without going online and paying, which they didnt want to do...heh i gotta tell them 'bout this.

Zorafim
Feb 19, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not going to buy a system for just one game, sorry. My DS has served me well, and I see no reason to get a PSP.
If it's good, and if I find a way to play it, then I will. But so far, it just seems like PSU offline with worse graphics.

Ken_Silver
Feb 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
I love my DS and I do not like the PSP at all. There are no games that I like for it. But there was one game worth buying one for. It was called Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. I bought a PSP just for that game and it was worth it...

That was a few months ago... now, when this game comes out, I can dust off my PSP and play PSP on it.

Future and Current PSP games: 2
Current DS games: 15

Yeah. I'll get it, but only because I have a PSP. Go figure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MzHitman
Feb 20, 2008, 02:25 AM
I already have a PSP... so why not? LOL I love PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2008, 02:30 AM
On 2008-02-19 10:11, Krltplps wrote:
If they ported it to the DS I'd be all over it, but there's no way I'm buying a PSP.This, however, the availability of Strawberry Marshmallow on UMD Disc has made me waver on this point. >.>;

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 20, 2008, 03:53 AM
I'll be curious about it, but I'm highly unlikely to buy it. Monster Hunter and Dracula X Chronicles are all I need for it. (oh, and a dust-collecting Tales of... game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

strikershadow
Feb 20, 2008, 08:57 AM
wait can you play online with the PSUP? OR is there multiplayer like in PSO?? wheres the details on this?

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2008, 02:08 PM
I don't think I'm going to get it.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 02:12 PM
The PSP game plays up to 4 player Multiplayer over AdHoc. Those of us with computers/laptops also have the functionality of playing every AdHoc PSP game over the internet via Xlink Kai. It used to be harder to setup but thanks to a very affordable and simple to install USB wi-fi dongle, it's easier than ever before. The Datel Wi-fi Max is one such a device and it's sold at most major stores. You'll probably even find them at Gamestop.

Take note, Xlink Kai doesn't need Broadband, per se. Your Wi-fi is to your computer, and it piggybacks your computer's network connection.

You connect to (or create) lobbies, via your computer, where you can chat and set up games, and you are free to launch the game and run an Adhoc connection. The other people there are treated like they are locally in range so they can connect to a host's Adhoc lobby.

There's no general server dependancy, you just play. The only thing is don't expect much in updates, if at all; but you'll have the entire game unlocked for you in the beginning. However, this is a late version of the game with a new story, but with pretty much much of the attainable stuff of PSU and the expansion in it. The advanced classes are a bit different, as was posted here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 11:17 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
Hell yes I'm going to play it, just so I can start arguments about the master classes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, I'll probably try it, but there is no way in hell I'm leveling more bullets.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
It's an offline-based game with it's own local multiplayer. I'd betcha that the game was designed not with the intention of such a long time played per build. I think a lot of stuff will level faster in the game. I'm getting it anyway, and I'll probably be one of the first to mention it, if it is true.

I'm silly that way, I just know I'll end up getting the Japanese and the US release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 11:50 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Feb 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
I need something that can get me addicted to my psp again... ( If only i keep playing FTB2, stupid football practice, every night till 6...)

addictedtopsu
Feb 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
Wow I must have been away for awhile since this is the first time i've heard of this phantasy star portable thing. I'll probably play it. I just need to get myself a psp so I can play it when it comes out.

ShinAnt
Feb 20, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-02-19 18:00, Ken_Silver wrote:
I love my DS and I do not like the PSP at all. There are no games that I like for it. But there was one game worth buying one for. It was called Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. I bought a PSP just for that game and it was worth it...

if My mind serves me right Alpha System Developed that game.

And that same Developer is working on Phantasy Star Portable.

Yeah the PSP is a lack luster system.
But as the industry serves now.
People buy consoles/portables to play either one or two games.

People buy 360's for Halo.
I bought My wii to soley play Brawl.
Parents get their snot nosed brat Ds' for Poke'mon
Ps3's.......er....MAN Uncharted was cool >.>

I can see to shell out to get a PSP to get this game would be like WTF CHARLES.
But to see PSU on a DS. Thanks but no thanks.
DS is an awesome lil' handheld that can, but for PSU i kinda wanna same experience I have that we all do for our PS2/PC/XB360
PSP seems to be the better choice.

I had a PSP at one point (traded it in for the wii >.>)

And I purchased it for the Valkyrie Profile and Disgaea Remakes.

And I plan to get one again for this Gem.

Tales of the World was excellent,and because of that, I have high expectations for this game.

I mean come on... Gotta support the series I put time and effort into.

Middle
Feb 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
DS FTW ... I want Phantasy Star Online for my DS ... *lol*

NNEONateDogg
Feb 20, 2008, 04:11 PM
I think I might buy a PSP just so I can play this game, since I love Phantasy Star so much! I just hope that I can play it online with Xbox Connect or XLink Kai.

ShinAnt
Feb 20, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-02-20 12:49, Middle wrote:
DS FTW ... I want Phantasy Star Online for my DS ... *lol*

And I want a localized version of NamcoXCapcom.

Some things aren't meant to be.

Plus Freind Codes.

*shivers*

Zantra
Feb 21, 2008, 04:02 AM
I like the fact that you can hook a PSP slim up to a TV, and play it that way. Because, looking at a tiny screen for several hours, really hurts my eyes. So, I might get it, and a PSP, if it is localized here.