PDA

View Full Version : Wartechers

Leahcim
Feb 19, 2008, 03:59 PM
Just curious, if you were given 10 more PA levels, where would you place them?

Melee, Ranged, TECH, Support?

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2008, 04:00 PM
Melee.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2008, 04:03 PM
Either Support or Melee. Support so WT could be able to solo even better with tier 3 support, and they would be more accepted into a party since they could buff better than items. Melee, just bacause it is their strong point is Melee, so it only makes sense.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 19, 2008, 04:03 PM
support, and if not that, melee. I don't think their attack techs need a boost. They're not full-on forces so to speak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunslinger-08 on 2008-02-19 13:04 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 19, 2008, 04:24 PM
Attack techs, just to make fortetechers cry so I can laugh at them.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
On 2008-02-19 13:24, Sekani wrote:
Attack techs, just to make fortetechers cry so I can laugh at them.

My razonde is STILL bigger than yours....I will now make it a point to openly mock your techs.

Lamak
Feb 19, 2008, 04:34 PM
Support.

pokefiend
Feb 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
For fun: Offensive techs - If wartecher had level 40 techs I'd never need to switch classes.

Most rewarding: Support Techs - Conceptually, I think a cap boost in this area would fit perfectly. However, with that said, I think Wartecher would then be alittle too overwhelming against the other three teching classes, especially Acrotecher.

Lamak
Feb 19, 2008, 04:53 PM
On 2008-02-19 13:49, pokefiend wrote:
For fun: Offensive techs - If wartecher had level 40 techs I'd never need to switch classes.
Level 40 Technics would be pretty fun. It'd be funny if that actually happened.

Rayokarna
Feb 19, 2008, 04:55 PM
Range: for bows that can have SE4

Iduno
Feb 19, 2008, 05:03 PM
offensive techs, i've seen 31 razonde and it looks awesome

CAVAOUBIEN
Feb 19, 2008, 05:03 PM
Support for sure. I doubt it will ever happen, but this is definitly where I would hope to have an increase before anything else. That would make wartecher the ultimate melee companion to a fortfighter. But then I don't think a wartecher should get lvl 30 support unless fortetechers get their support up to 40 (which should have been the case all along).

Afroyarou
Feb 19, 2008, 05:14 PM
Ranged. Just imagine 21+ lvl cards and bows with SE4...

Dragwind
Feb 19, 2008, 05:50 PM
Support.

Aralia
Feb 19, 2008, 05:55 PM
Support. That small boost to melee doesn't make enough difference.. range.. wow.. we can SE things 2 seconds before they die anyway.. attk techs, yeah... again, that tiny boost to tech isn't worth the waste.. especially since lvl 21+ techs already have a decent enough range.

Support is the only likely option.

Sinue_v2
Feb 19, 2008, 06:09 PM
Personally, I don't care for the idea of splitting techs in to just "Support" or "Attack" and then capping those. IMO, they should split techs up like they did to weapons and cap each tech individually. You can then split up techniques among the different teching classes in a way to make it more balanced and appropriate.

hiraisho
Feb 19, 2008, 06:10 PM
personally I think melee is fine as it is at 30, I think those 10 points would be better spent on ranged or support techs. personally I'd prefer them under range, but the more likely and more useful option would defiantly be support techs.

stukasa
Feb 19, 2008, 06:15 PM
Support. Two-handed melee weapons don't get an extra combo at 31+, otherwise I'd probably say melee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mvffin
Feb 19, 2008, 07:26 PM
definitely support. put all the teching classes above agtaride level. a close second for me would be ranged. if WT ends up 30/30/30/30 that would be awesome. I may switch back.

Genoa
Feb 19, 2008, 07:42 PM
Support, ranged would be a close second for me... lvl.30 Skills and Attack Technics are good enough for me.

Dhylec
Feb 19, 2008, 07:43 PM
5 in Bullet & 5 in Support. ;]

Danger_Girl
Feb 19, 2008, 07:45 PM
Support all the way. It's somewhat annoying my fortefighter can essentially buff herself to the same level as my wartecher. I also wish my wartcher had a little more TP to give those level 30 attack techs a wee bit more bite. ^_^

Genoa
Feb 19, 2008, 07:48 PM
I guess the PA limitations is what WT gets for having such a vast weapon selection combined with really beefy stats.

Leahcim
Feb 19, 2008, 07:56 PM
Beefy stats? =/

Where?! lol

Poncho_Jr
Feb 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
On 2008-02-19 16:43, Dhylec wrote:
5 in Bullet & 5 in Support. ;]

Hax.

Ken_Silver
Feb 19, 2008, 10:55 PM
Heh, ranged all the way. Then Wartechers could do everything! Who would need the master classes? We would be masters! Bwahahahahaha!

Anyway, I'd say ranged for the all-around element, but in all seriousness, go for the support increase. I want a decent powered Resta and hopefully Giresta.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 19, 2008, 10:58 PM
support.

though I too think it would be amusing if they got level 40 attack techs.

DoubleJG
Feb 20, 2008, 12:06 AM
WT would be broken IMO if they got 10 more skills levels... BUT, since this is a hypothetical question, I'd say...

Melee skills.

Bullet skills are fine, we only use bows when needed (flying enemies). Attack techs @ 30 are fine, leave the 40 techs to FT. Support techs at 30 would be NICE, very nice actually, buuuut, FT would lose it's "hey I can support well" quality if WT picked them up.

Interesting question though.

unicorn
Feb 20, 2008, 02:32 AM
Attack technics.

Wartecher requires 5 levels of force, and I feel it should be emphasized. They'd still be weaker than FT and probably AT. However, I think Wartecher would make use of the SEs and the defensive characteristics that come with 31+ technics (more range).

Why not support? Well, FT and GT already have support at 30...it would be pretty redundant to have another techer with 30 support. Guntecher will probably suffer the most from this, because GT is a generally useless in MANY situations.

I think Wartecher should focus more on WAR. Attack things and blowing up stuff on the side. It should be the opposite of AT (focusing on all forms of attack).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-02-19 23:35 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2008, 02:43 AM
I think WT is fine as is, maybe give them s-rank tech mags, but that's it really.

Xefi
Feb 20, 2008, 03:58 AM
On 2008-02-19 12:59, Leahcim wrote:
Just curious, if you were given 10 more PA levels, where would you place them?

Melee, Ranged, TECH, Support?

i would invest in card bullets and bow bullets; they're fun to play around with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-02-20 01:00 ]</font>

icewyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:30 AM
Support, the extra heal range would be really handy.

Sekani
Feb 20, 2008, 12:51 PM
On 2008-02-19 23:32, super_luu wrote:
Attack technics.

Wartecher requires 5 levels of force, and I feel it should be emphasized. They'd still be weaker than FT and probably AT. However, I think Wartecher would make use of the SEs and the defensive characteristics that come with 31+ technics (more range).

Why not support? Well, FT and GT already have support at 30...it would be pretty redundant to have another techer with 30 support. Guntecher will probably suffer the most from this, because GT is a generally useless in MANY situations.

I think Wartecher should focus more on WAR. Attack things and blowing up stuff on the side. It should be the opposite of AT (focusing on all forms of attack).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-02-19 23:35 ]</font>

Seriously. I want more reasons to use attack techs. Leave the nurse-maid shit to the dozen or so other support types.

Kylie
Feb 20, 2008, 12:55 PM
I'd say support, but then I'd have to learn buffs (not happening!). So skills def.

Doh42
Feb 20, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm with Rayokarna and Afroyarou.

Range: for bows that can have SE4

Danger_Girl
Feb 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
I don't mind the 30 attack techs, but we lack the TP to do much with them. Compare the TP of a character lvl 120 newman female wartecher, to a newman female fortetecher about 40 character levels lower (both job levels 15). You'll find that the TP is about the same. Throw the buff comparison into the mix and they've got the wartecher beat in tech damage even at 40 character levels lower. Then of course throw in the rod damage bonus, and the wartecher's tech damage is already starting to look paltry in comparison, even against someone 40 character levels below yours.

Now I guess I'm fine with all that, since the bulk of our damage is of course going to be coming from melee, with techs a situational backup. The problem I have is what I offer the group. While my melee is fair, it's certainly going to be behind what melee hybrid classes are capable of, such as figunner and acrofigher. I don't have the utility of a protranser, nor the support or SE's of a guntecher using lvl 40 bullets. And my buffs are essentially on par with what every class can cast on themselves using inexpensive and readily available items. All I really offer a group right now is mediocre melee, weak offensive techs, sub par range damage, and resta.

With level 30 support, what I brought to a group would be much more viable. I would be the melee alternative to a guntecher, offering better DPS at the expense of the guntecher's SEs.

Doh42
Feb 20, 2008, 02:27 PM
And my buffs are essentially on par with what every class can cast on themselves using inexpensive and readily available items.
Don't forget WT gets Giresta 20 and the 3 debuffs at SE 2. Sure, a fighgunner gets jellen and zalure at SE2 also, and a Fortegunner would get Jellen 3, Zalure 2 and Zoldeel 3, but those two classes don't have Giresta and WT's defense, evasion, HP and weapon selection. Support isn't limitted to the 4 buffs.

Danger_Girl
Feb 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:27, Doh42 wrote:

And my buffs are essentially on par with what every class can cast on themselves using inexpensive and readily available items.
Don't forget WT gets Giresta 20 and the 3 debuffs at SE 2. Sure, a fighgunner gets jellen and zalure at SE2 also, and a Fortegunner would get Jellen 3, Zalure 2 and Zoldeel 3, but those two classes don't have Giresta and WT's defense, evasion, HP and weapon selection. Support isn't limitted to the 4 buffs

All the more reason I would love level 30 support. Make the debuffs worth the palette space. I maxed out my debuffs before realizing 99% of the time they weren't worth the time spent casting.

I will concede to you that wartechers do have nice defensive stats. But I'm not sure that's a very good selling point when someone is putting a group together.

Doh42
Feb 20, 2008, 02:48 PM
If you're the only one with Giresta in the group, you're worth your slot. As long as someone else is "something"techer, WT loses a lot in utility, I notice. Then again, in a "more than 2~3 people party", the chaos and general monster mayhem basically makes everyone "not so useful" in the first place; just so much damage being thrown around, stuff die, fun is being had by all.

Sure, if you want to "pull your weight" as WT when there's an AT supporting and FT nuking, you might be better off going FF and go all out... But you lose your bow, cards, debuffs and front-line resta.

Sinue_v2
Feb 20, 2008, 02:50 PM
when there's an AT supporting

Which combo of the whip PA is considered the "support" part?

Doh42
Feb 20, 2008, 02:53 PM
Vish Adac's stun proc?

Danger_Girl
Feb 20, 2008, 03:00 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:48, Doh42 wrote:
If you're the only one with Giresta in the group, you're worth your slot.

Yeah, so long as there isn't another techer around, wartecher is still feasible in a group.

thebummers
Feb 20, 2008, 03:00 PM
With the boost Guntechers will be getting WTs should get lvl 30 support and maybe one more S weapon like the whip. Currently having support spells that are not much better than Agtarides and Dimates is kind of pathetic for any class that has "techer" in the name.

Not to mention 30 supports and S whips (only one class getting to use an S rank anything is stupid) would not overpower WTs in any real signifigant way. Their bullets would be kind of decent. Their melee would be kind of decent. And their nukes would still be subpar because of the TP restriction. It balances. If you think that would make WTs overpowered, then you really haven't played one for very long.

Sinue_v2
Feb 20, 2008, 03:02 PM
We don't need any more S ranks. lvl 30 support would be fine, in addition to perhaps a small boost in ATP while taking a small hit to TP/MST.

panzer_unit
Feb 20, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'd vote lv40 attack techs. It's one of WT's primary abilities, and would give a bigger boost to damage / usability / exciting graphics than extra levels of melee.

Of course I'd also add A-rank rods and a boatload of TP. I'd like to see Wartecher balanced more like Protranser with melee as a strong secondary ability... there are already 3 jobs that have it as their primary offense.

Sasamichan
Feb 20, 2008, 04:04 PM
Support. I hate getting lv2 buffs since I use Megistrade when theres no reliable techer.

Kanju
Feb 20, 2008, 04:32 PM
Lv. 30 Support. Because it'd make Wartechers' melee AND offensive casting stronger, along with being more useful in a party.

Satyricon
Feb 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:51, Sekani wrote:
Seriously. I want more reasons to use attack techs. Leave the nurse-maid shit to the dozen or so other support types.

Quoted for truth.

Leahcim
Feb 20, 2008, 05:47 PM
Looking through everyone's replies, it seems we want Support techs? I don't see the point.
Melee and Ranged would be nice also, but not necessary. Melee only gains stats past 30, cards too. Bows's SE's are useless for us IMO, all the S ranks we have access to and whips dish out SEs, and we have lvl 4 Burn through Foie.

I honestly would like them to go to Attack Techs, so Gitechs would be useful again. And for the looks =D

Danger_Girl
Feb 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
On 2008-02-20 14:47, Leahcim wrote:

I honestly would like them to go to Attack Techs, so Gitechs would be useful again. And for the looks =D

Even with level 40 attack techs we wouldn't have the TP or the rod attack bonus to make them effective. In order to make attack techs effective enough to compete with our melee damage, we would need a significant TP stat boost.

Not to mention without the PP cost reduction of a forte, I can easily deplete my S rank wands in a single room with my 21+ techs. Having level 31+ would be even worse.

Leahcim
Feb 20, 2008, 09:38 PM
Well I never stay on Techs long, I usually just pop in 3 to 5 casts for SEs then rip them apart with my melee. PP usage isn't a big deal for me I guess

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 12:47 AM
Bullets or Melee. I don't care either way, we're probably the only "balanced" class in a sea of rigged crap because DFP is useless.

Sekani
Feb 21, 2008, 01:26 AM
On 2008-02-20 18:38, Leahcim wrote:
Well I never stay on Techs long, I usually just pop in 3 to 5 casts for SEs then rip them apart with my melee. PP usage isn't a big deal for me I guess

Gi-techs are good for groups of small enemies, not to mention I don't have to worry about scattering them around. I stick to melee for anything with multiple hit locations. Whips are better for SE.

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 01:31 AM
Gi-techs are good for groups of small enemies, not to mention I don't have to worry about scattering them around. I stick to melee for anything with multiple hit locations. Whips are better for SE.

I guess. I typically use Gi-spells for robots or enemies that I don't want to deal with melee-wise. I typically use Majarra, Renzan, or Gravity Break (for no reason since it sucks). I'm planning on going for Hikai though when I get on tomorrow night. I dislike whips though. The normal knockback is annoying and then there's the stupid friggen Blowaway. In b4 "OH OH BUT A FF/AF WILL KILL STUFF ANYWAYS".

dc534
Feb 22, 2008, 03:25 AM
might as well give them 30 support, that would be alittle more fare that, or give them an increase in atk power.