PDA

View Full Version : Valentine event about over....however

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2008, 12:45 AM
Will couples online get a break from paranoai. I mean will they stop freaking out if someone is talking/looking at their partner.

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2008, 02:10 AM
I think only the jealous types have that problem to start, and I don't think it's seasonal.

Also, if they're getting jealous about someone talking to people on PSU, they've some problems.

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hey Ronnin, anyways no I'm not really seeing anyone while online. Waste of time. <.<

elainesangel9
Feb 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
yea...my irl gf was sitting next to me at home while I was playing story mode....ethan looked at her, I had to break his face...

CHOX
Feb 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
People freak out?

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2008, 04:46 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:39, Noblewine wrote:
Hey Ronnin, anyways no I'm not really seeing anyone while online. Waste of time. <.<The way you said "Valentine's event" made me assume you were talking about PSU.

Noblewine
Feb 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
On 2008-02-20 13:46, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2008-02-20 10:39, Noblewine wrote:
Hey Ronnin, anyways no I'm not really seeing anyone while online. Waste of time. <.<The way you said "Valentine's event" made me assume you were talking about PSU.

Yep I was but I was wondering about it because of a couple of incidents awhile back.

Kylie
Feb 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-02-19 23:10, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I think only the jealous types have that problem to start, and I don't think it's seasonal.

Also, if they're getting jealous about someone talking to people on PSU, they've some problems.

Agree 100%. Though it depends on the conversation (flirting with someone else is flirting, offline or online), anyone that has a problem with someone just talking to their *person* needs a reality check, and the problem likely has nothing to do with the game or seasons.

Seority
Feb 23, 2008, 02:58 PM
yea...my irl gf was sitting next to me at home while I was playing story mode....ethan looked at her, I had to break his face...
XD! ROFL ROFL

Anyway, it's just silly for people to get jealous of online relationships. You're 'dating' a faceless person whom you have no way of really knowing if they are all for you or just playing you. Why get so d*mn upset? I can't say it isn't natural to have small fears of it, but don't go accusing or abusing/hating others for it. It just shows how ill-confident you are in your relationship and that you really don't trust them anyway, which is very hard to do with OL relationships.

[Example]
I did get a bit of a scare one time when I was laning with my lovie and I looked over to his screen and I saw a pm from pussyhughug or something of that sort saying she glomped him and caressed him right there. I saw him reply back with a "Tee hee, I wouldn't say that now. I'm at my gf's house." He typed in more but I kinda fell over limp at that point. We talked about it and I wasn't exactly thrilled to hear that he knew her and that he used to do that kinda thing with her before, but he convinced me that he honestly dosen't anymore and has told all his e-hoes to go die somewhere. I believe him that he won't do that with those people anymore, but I'm not to sure giggling and replying a lighthearted "No, silly." is gonna stop them or tell them off in anyway. I still have small scares that he's still talking to those people, but I never get upset about it. Like I stated, worrying is natural, but you have to control your emotions to sustain a relationship. He even told me he was extremely worried about me flirting with other people on PSU too. I don't blame him though. All of his deep relationships have been lost to another guy in PSO / PSU. Right now he says the same that he trusts me too, but I believe he feels the same way I do, which is oddly cool lol.

Maybe it's terribly weird to think that yoour gf/bf would cheat on you with some random person on a game, right next to you, but I accept it for what it is. I think most people would agree that if your gf/bf are cybering another persons char and they are back, that it'd be hard for you to feel comfortable with your partner anymore. I don't know about you, but if Drex is having any kind of sexual itch, I only want him to come to me for relief, which is effort on both our parts. ^.^' As far as strict OL relationships, I don't see any point to them at all, but if you lean that direction, just be sure to take responsiblity of that road you choose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-02-23 11:58 ]</font>

Sord
Feb 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
Romantic relations purely online? GTFO of them. And will they get a break? no, because this is the internet and jealous assholes will always be here (along with idiots, moronic screaming kids, and the usual riff raff.)

Noblewine
Feb 24, 2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks it's great to hear this kinda imput. I was kinda moody when I posted this. XD

Seority
Feb 24, 2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah, imput is great right?
LOL, moody as in how? You in that kind of sitchiation(<-ment to do that) right now?

AlexCraig
Feb 24, 2008, 11:31 PM
My opinion, which I know NOBODY gives a flying damn about, is that relationships founded on video games pretty much NEVER work out. Granted, it worked for Raine_Liore and Laguna, but the odds are slimmer than a supermodel on the finger diet.

Relationships that begin online with the full intent, and later initiative, to meet up in person have a decent chance of survival. In fact, to the point where they are on par with relationships begun and founded in person from the beginning.

That is my opinion and I could care less what anyone else thinks of it.

EDIT: Didn't we JUST have about 5 or so threads in Off-Topic explaining this concept? Can't we give it a break?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-02-24 20:59 ]</font>