Pages : [1] 2

beatrixkiddo
Feb 20, 2008, 02:48 AM
edit: changed a few sections I misread.

Uh oh. You know what that means!

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=618

Balance adjustments:

Adjustment of Photon Art "Chikki Kyoren-jin":
First combo attack modifier is changing from 202% to 161%.
Second combo attack modifier is changing from 342% to 182%.
PP cost is being reduced.

Sword adjustment:
The number of targets able to be hit by the sword's normal and skill attacks is going to be increased (I think :<).

Adjustment of Rifles:
Firing Elemental rate, damage, and accuracy of rifles will be adjusted.
Killer Shot 31's PP cost will be lowered.
Rifle bullets at 31+ will get higher level SEs (I believe) cause knockdown.

Adjustment of Laser Cannons:
Firing Elemental rate of laser cannons will be adjusted.

Guntecher type adjustments:
Ability to equip S-Rank Wands
Attack technic cap raised from 20 to 30
TP modifiers will be raised

Photon Arts experience adjustments:
All Photon Arts will gain more experience when used.
Bullets will be adjusted in some other manner, but I'm not quite sure what they mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2008-02-20 10:22 ]</font>

Midicronica
Feb 20, 2008, 02:53 AM
Wow, Rangering baaawing payed off and I'm damn happy about it. GT Love, baby!

Miyoko
Feb 20, 2008, 02:59 AM
Nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Rifles so freakin' needed a boost.

Also, in before WT complains about GT getting 30 techs >_>

Christmas
Feb 20, 2008, 02:59 AM
Wow, nice update.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 20, 2008, 03:01 AM
YES, Chikki is going down! Now people might actually use Choutou Kantsu-jin other than two people. The most happy I am about this update, however, is the number of targets a sword can hit! Bring back five like in PSO for regular hits (six for crea??) and one extra enemy for Gravity Break. ;x

Micro
Feb 20, 2008, 03:01 AM
HOLY SHIT

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 03:02 AM
On 2008-02-19 23:59, Miyoko wrote:
Nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Rifles so freakin' needed a boost.

I don't really mind. They could use a little offensive oomph, I suppose.

Although some of the techs might make bullets redundant and vice versa.

Mystil
Feb 20, 2008, 03:03 AM
There. The end of the slicer era. And one useless weapon to AFs. Hope you're all happy now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chibi_psu
Feb 20, 2008, 03:03 AM
DEAR GOD S RANK WANDS AND LEVEL 30 ATTACK TECHS THANKS SEGA!!!

Miyoko
Feb 20, 2008, 03:04 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:02, Mewnie wrote:

On 2008-02-19 23:59, Miyoko wrote:

I don't really mind. They could use a little offensive oomph, I suppose.

Although some of the techs might make bullets redundant and vice versa.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't directing that towards you, I meant to say, [a] WT. An irrational one, at that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syl
Feb 20, 2008, 03:04 AM
On 2008-02-19 23:48, beatrixkiddo wrote:

This made me unbelievably happy. I'm glad I've been a GT since day 1 lulz. I'm sure there'll be many more GT's after that update lol.

And a shout out to a certain person who is probably fuming right about now. Don't worry, you can become a GT now and pretend like you never bashed the class. Eat your heart out.

EDIT: I lol'd at Chikki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2008-02-20 00:05 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Feb 20, 2008, 03:05 AM
There weren't GTs on day 1 ;o

Syl
Feb 20, 2008, 03:06 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:05, beatrixkiddo wrote:
There weren't GTs on day 1 ;o

lol you know what I meant (day 1 of advanced classes >_>)

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2008, 03:06 AM
HEL YEH!!!

I can't say I understand the Guntecher boost in attack techs, but I love seeing updates like this. It's almost like hearing "I'm sorry, we were wrong. We're trying our best to make it up to you." And after living 17 years with unnecesarily proud Cubans, "I'm sorry" is the most beautiful phrase any human can utter.
Like the sigh of an angel to my ear...

Oh, and I awe'd at the sword and slicer boost. I hope I can find a use for swords now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-02-20 00:09 ]</font>

Chibi_psu
Feb 20, 2008, 03:07 AM
As a guntecher im really happy with this...now i wonder when will we get it lol....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2008-02-20 00:07 ]</font>

Zael
Feb 20, 2008, 03:09 AM
Down with Chikki!

MSAksion
Feb 20, 2008, 03:09 AM
whoa whoa i dont even use Attack TECHS while i GT i only use it to Heal and buff.

Heck the lvl 30 support was overkill for GT. As if having FT healing range from the rear lines wasn't good enough - who thought lvl 30 ATTACK tech was a good idea?

And since i dont use attack TECH then S rank wands are not that interesting to me. I only use 3* batnarras for my buffing debuffing.

I would RATHER have S rank CARD FANS not Rifle firing rate up =/ Its the only One handed gun that isn't S capable on a GT.

Syl
Feb 20, 2008, 03:13 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:09, MSAksion wrote:
whoa whoa i dont even use Attack TECHS while i GT i only use it to Heal and buff.

Heck the lvl 30 support was overkill for GT. As if having FT healing range from the rear lines wasn't good enough - who thought lvl 30 ATTACK tech was a good idea?

And since i dont use attack TECH then S rank wands are not that interesting to me. I only use 3* batnarras for my buffing debuffing.

I would RATHER have S rank CARD FANS not Rifle firing rate up =/ Its the only One handed gun that isn't S capable on a GT.

I too would have loved to have S rank cards, but S rank wands are nifty too.

Depending how good the TP boost is will either make the lvl 30 techs useful or not. And depending on that, GT may become a whole different class altogether lol.

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 03:13 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:09, MSAksion wrote:

pfft.

now you have to join me and Ko-chan in MEGID!

>:3

Xefi
Feb 20, 2008, 03:23 AM
hey, that is not a bad update. Since i wont be playing PSU for awhile, i hope this update will reach to US soon so that when i am back, PSU is going to rock even more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 03:24 AM
guntecher buffs woohoo! ^_^ time to hunt me some tesbra's! now hopefully my resta's wont be so low even at 21+

edit: as much as I like cards I struggle now to find ANYTHING to outdps them with even at A and all my other stuff is 11* S, if we had access to higher cards it'd just make that worse x.x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-20 00:25 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 03:27 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:03, Mystil wrote:
There. The end of the slicer era. And one useless weapon to AFs. Hope you're all happy now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

useless because it isn't godly anymore? still ranged penetration

edit: to below, I don't see how it slaps fG its not a gun...

and heres to hoping WT gets next buff, I loved GT but I did feel it was a little weak in some areas and htis will help, while I don't play WT I hear a lot of them feel they are in need of some love too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-20 00:29 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Feb 20, 2008, 03:27 AM
Easier bullet leveling was needed badly, I'll Agree with that. But leave tech Exp. the way it is. Damn 1-2 monthers don't deserve it, they should suffer the same thing as everyone else did! I busted my ass lv'ing mines, it's not fair to long time techers.

Though I'm part Guntecher myself them getting another S rank is a slap in the face to Fortegunners. They should've gotten something too, like A rank claws or S twin handguns. At least Rifles are getting something, even though they weren't even the hardest bullets to do, my Nova has Dark Shot lv40 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Once the Rappy Amures are gone, I plan to play GT again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-02-20 00:29 ]</font>

Psycho_Sonic
Feb 20, 2008, 03:29 AM
Chikki nerf? THANK. GOD.

But... even melee PA's getting boosted? wtf?

Powder Keg
Feb 20, 2008, 03:30 AM
Very excited about the PA adjustment, and surprised about the GT adjustment. Now their attack techs shouldn't be completely useless.

*still thinks WT should have A-rank double sabers*

Retniwreven
Well, there go the slicers from my palette. I'm glad I switched to FF from AF back during the Winter Event.

GuardianElite
On 2008-02-20 00:29, Psycho_Sonic wrote:
Chikki nerf? THANK. GOD.

sound like you have a bias against meleers...

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 03:31 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:29, Psycho_Sonic wrote:

I lol'd at that too, melee levels easily enough as is (most of them, some suck I know) but I dont mind if bullets and techs getting a little boost too. As long as this doesn't make it TOO easy, it will be very nice^^

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 20, 2008, 03:31 AM
Firing rate adjustments to rifles and lasers? I might wind up actually liking rifles now if they slowed them down and powered them up. Dunno what to think of the laser adjustment though. Still needs multi-hit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GT getting level 30 attack techs? Good. Support tech is so boring.

Number of hits for Sword increased? Good, it's a step in the right direction, but it still needs to hit EVERYTHING!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-02-20 00:46 ]</font>

Syl
Feb 20, 2008, 03:32 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:27, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Though I'm part Guntecher myself them getting another S rank is a slap in the face to Fortegunners. They should've gotten something too, like A rank claws or S twin handguns.

A rank claws? What whale are you smoking? That's not something I'd remotely consider viable for fG. S rank twins possibly, but claws? lol

beatrixkiddo
Feb 20, 2008, 03:36 AM
number of targets able to be hit by the sword's normal and skill attacks

Sexy_Raine
Feb 20, 2008, 03:36 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:32, SylviaEspada wrote:

Though I'm part Guntecher myself them getting another S rank is a slap in the face to Fortegunners. They should've gotten something too, like A rank claws or S twin handguns.

A rank claws? What whale are you smoking? That's not something I'd remotely consider viable for fG. S rank twins possibly, but claws? lol

I'm just saying, they only have 3 weps for melee and decent ATP. It wouldn't hurt to have 4.

Freshellent
Feb 20, 2008, 03:42 AM
Daaang GT got some pretty nice adjusting. Very nice indeed. Wonder what this business is with the laser...

Thanks for the info. I'm so glad I have the Ult Slicer PA at 31. I didn't really use Chikki that much,so this won't be much of a blow to me.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 20, 2008, 03:43 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:32, SylviaEspada wrote:

Claws pair with small firarms, making them a fun and hopefully viable fighting style.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-02-20 00:44 ]</font>

ShuttleXpC
Feb 20, 2008, 03:47 AM
Slicer will still be useful lol, don't know what everyone is going on about here. Slicer going from 342-->182 You know Ive seen some FF hitting for almost 4k to everything with a slicer, that will go to 2.5-->2.8k to everything...its still going to be OP, but people will stop complaining.

mvffin
Feb 20, 2008, 03:50 AM
I've hardly seen any acrofighters in the past couple weeks, or many slicer users at all really. I've already made the switch to chotou, good to see i'm leveling it for a reason. i don't use swords or rifles (except killer shot) so maybe i'll try them out when we get this.

and wtf, since aoi came out, no class has had more increased stuff than GT. they need an atp boost, not techs. i'd rather have had another 10 in melee than attack techs. either way, more options is good i guess.

here's to hoping this update comes soon, and doesn't get botched.

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 04:30 AM
Easier bullet leveling was needed badly, I'll Agree with that. But leave tech Exp. the way it is. Damn 1-2 monthers don't deserve it, they should suffer the same thing as everyone else did! I busted my ass lv'ing mines, it's not fair to long time techers.

Buh? If it isn't high levels with underleveled PAs..

Frankly, this can only be a GOOD change.

Nanoframe
Feb 20, 2008, 04:49 AM
when do we get these changes?

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 04:57 AM
On 2008-02-20 01:49, Nanoframe wrote:

Knowing ST's track records with major gameplay updates like this, we might get it the week after japan gets it. XD Allegedly.

Syl
Feb 20, 2008, 05:13 AM
On 2008-02-20 01:57, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-20 01:49, Nanoframe wrote:

Knowing ST's track records with major gameplay updates like this, we might get it the week after japan gets it. XD Allegedly.

I really hope so. I mean, we have pretty much got all of the gameplay updates within a week or two after JP gets them.

Leahcim
Feb 20, 2008, 05:16 AM
Wow, kinda random for Guntechers to receive all that they did lol. As long as GTs don't beat WTs in Dealing Tech damage, I'll be happy with this. (cough give Wartechers lvl 40 Attack techs cough)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-20 02:22 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 05:28 AM
On 2008-02-20 02:16, Leahcim wrote:
Wow, kinda random for Guntechers to receive all that they did lol. As long as GTs don't beat WTs in Dealing Tech damage, I'll be happy with this. (cough give Wartechers lvl 40 Attack techs cough)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-20 02:22 ]</font>

shouldnt matter even if it does do more...people quit worrieing about what other classes does enjoy your own

Sylpheed
Feb 20, 2008, 05:34 AM
*sigh* and eventually the inevitable has happened.
People whine, moan and bitch until something gets nerfed. "Z0mgz0rz $Lic3rs ar3 t0 0v3rp0w3r3d".
It's things like this in online communities that really gets my back up. Slicers were NOT overpowered, they are one of the main focuses of being an AF and taking away the slicers power is like telling a fortecher that they can't use spells.

Before you flame me, no i don't have a pallete full of slicers i have two at most which i only situationally use like every other weapon. But oh whats this a weapon thats actually good at doing it's job? Can't have that sorry to the nerfing machine you go.

Everyone who is pro-slicer nerfing please, grow the fuck up. Your not achieving anything and your ruining a perfectly balanced and fun to play class. If you hate it that dam much don't play with slicer users ffs.

Anyway im done, my only wish is for ST to stop listening to whining little assholes.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 05:44 AM
lol@complaining about tech lvls going faster. Yes, you had to try very hard (as did I) but that doesn't mean they were fine how they were. Just because you put up with it, when it was unbalanced, doesn't mean so should everyone else. May as well say "wtf when I started this game enemies dropped tiny bits of money and mp rewards sucked, so lets nerf all the money and mp gain, and all the drop rates again". It was hard yes, that doesn't mean it was how it should be, its a good change as long as it isn't too hard. If you had to "suffer" to level them up then it was too hard, thats a simple deduction. Difference between hard and suffer is a big one.

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 05:49 AM
On 2008-02-20 02:34, Sylpheed wrote:
Everyone who is pro-slicer nerfing please, grow the fuck up. Your not achieving anything and your ruining a perfectly balanced and fun to play class. If you hate it that dam much don't play with slicer users ffs.

Uhm. How is it balanced when you can use it to speedrun like crazy? I could understand if it was slow like Jabroga or sucked your HP like Duranga, but this is just stupid... If you're going to have something as strong as those two, it needs a con, which chikki doesn't have. EVERY skill needs a pro and con. If it's weak, it needs to be fast. If it's strong, it needs to be slow. If it's strong but not slow, it needs to either suck health, insane amounts of PP, or, god forbid, meseta. So I fail to see where your "perfect balance" is coming from.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-20 02:49 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 05:51 AM
On 2008-02-20 02:49, SATatami wrote:

Uhm. How is it balanced when you can use it to speedrun like crazy? I could understand if it was slow like Jabroga or sucked your HP like Duranga, but this is just stupid... If you're going to have something as strong as those two, it needs a con, which chikki doesn't have. EVERY skill needs a pro and con. If it's weak, it needs to be fast. If it's strong, it needs to be slow. If it's strong but not slow, it needs to either suck health, insane amounts of PP, or, god forbid, meseta. So I fail to see where your "perfect balance" is coming from.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-20 02:49 ]</font>

You understand that chikki sucks on large enemies? not effective on everything like you say.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 05:52 AM
*sigh* and eventually the inevitable has happened.
People whine, moan and bitch until something gets nerfed. "Z0mgz0rz $Lic3rs ar3 t0 0v3rp0w3r3d".
It's things like this in online communities that really gets my back up. Slicers were NOT overpowered, they are one of the main focuses of being an AF and taking away the slicers power is like telling a fortecher that they can't use spells.

Before you flame me, no i don't have a pallete full of slicers i have two at most which i only situationally use like every other weapon. But oh whats this a weapon thats actually good at doing it's job? Can't have that sorry to the nerfing machine you go.

Anyway im done, my only wish is for ST to stop listening to whining little assholes.

Chikki needed a nerf, why does a melee weapon with ranged attacks outdamages ranger weapons?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 02:52 ]</font>

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 05:54 AM
On 2008-02-20 02:51, GuardianElite wrote:

You understand that chikki sucks on large enemies? not effective on everything like you say.

I'm aware of that... I do have level 40 chikki, so I'm aware of all the ups and downs. It does do around the same damage if you have proper element on it, though.

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 05:55 AM
On 2008-02-20 02:54, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-20 02:51, GuardianElite wrote:

I'm aware of that... I do have level 40 chikki, so I'm aware of all the ups and downs. It does do around the same damage if you have proper element on it, though.

Id imagine everybody has on lv40 lol

Sylpheed
Feb 20, 2008, 05:58 AM

Oh that's right fighters aren't allowed to solo missions, that's just for Techers and Gunners? Please, There is no unbalanced aspect to the slicer at all. If people decide to solo with a slicer they immedietely have cons against them. They have to heal and buff themselves and receive damage and aggro from everything.

Does Majarra have a con? I didn't think so, its fast and deals heavy damage which just shows to me that SEGA can't do they're fucking job. If they're going to start listening to whiny little bitches then they need to listen harder to the people who believe other things in this game are stupidly overpowered.

The irony is, a fighters job is to deal DAMAGE. This is they're primary focus just as a Gunners primary focus is (or, sadly was) to inflict fast SE's. Stop changing things that are perfect the way they are.

Rainu
Feb 20, 2008, 05:59 AM
First combo attack modifier is changing from 202% to 161%.
Second combo attack modifier is changing from 342% to 182%.

Damnit.

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:02 AM
On 2008-02-20 02:58, Sylpheed wrote:

Oh that's right fighters aren't allowed to solo missions, that's just for Techers and Gunners? Please, There is no unbalanced aspect to the slicer at all. If people decide to solo with a slicer they immedietely have cons against them. They have to heal and buff themselves and receive damage and aggro from everything.

Does Majarra have a con? I didn't think so, its fast and deals heavy damage which just shows to me that SEGA can't do they're fucking job. If they're going to start listening to whiny little bitches then they need to listen harder to the people who believe other things in this game are stupidly overpowered.

The irony is, a fighters job is to deal DAMAGE. This is they're primary focus just as a Gunners primary focus is (or, sadly was) to inflict fast SE's. Stop changing things that are perfect the way they are.

I totally agree with what is said..

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 06:03 AM

Majarra doesn't have the range chikki has and doesn't hit an infinite number of targets.
Chikki is overpowered, faster, stronger and has more range than both barta/zonde and laser cannons...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 03:03 ]</font>

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:05 AM
The irony is, a fighters job is to deal CLOSE-RANGED DAMAGE.

Fixed your statement.

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:06 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:03, Ezodagrom wrote:

Majarra doesn't have the range chikki has and doesn't hit an infinite number of targets.
Chikki is overpowered, faster, stronger and has more range than both barta/zonde and laser cannons...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 03:03 ]</font>

as for range it is finite to a certain point and as a Ranger, Techer, and a fighter.. Some techs are over powered but sega doing nothing to nerf them

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:08 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:05, SATatami wrote:

Fixed your statement.

A fighter can use throwing weapons duhh.. Look at ealier Phantasy star games..

Sylpheed
Feb 20, 2008, 06:13 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:05, SATatami wrote:

Fixed your statement.

You can word it however you like, but the way classes play now is how it's supposed to be. Techers and Gunners never were or should of been primary damage dealers and everyone knows this.

Look back to the days of Lab Recovery etc. And tell me what purpose Fighters had then? NONE, they sucked. Techers being redundunt on the damage front now is how it should be. They're TECHNIC's come second to the power of a fighter. They're primary focus is to support the other members of the group.

Chikki has its cons just like every other PA in the game it is NOT broken. Try using a slicer against a Drua Gohra, Kog Nadd, Polovhorus, Svaltus etc, It sucks. The purpose of a slicer is to damage large crowds of single target monsters, which it does perfectly.

Nerfing Chikki will just make AF's feel as pointless as a FT standing next to any other class in the game. Like i said why change things that are perfect the way they are.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 06:13 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:06, GuardianElite wrote:
as for range it is finite to a certain point and as a Ranger, Techer, and a fighter.. Some techs are over powered but sega doing nothing to nerf them

I know the range is finite, I said the number of targets is infinite (even though the number of monsters in a room isn't more than 10, usually).
But it has more range than barta (or at least than olgohmons barta...)

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 06:15 AM
Any long-time MMO player could have seen this coming from a mile away.

Chikki was just plain broke. It was quite obvious, as it was an easily abused PA by acronoobs. I mean, who used Choutou? I mean seriously?

You could probably count the ones that did on one hand.

Sylpheed
Feb 20, 2008, 06:17 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:15, Mewnie wrote:

Chikki was just plain broke. It was quite obvious, as it was an easily abused PA by acronoobs. I mean, who used Choutou? I mean seriously?

I have both PA's at 40 and use them evenly. So, ya'know get some facts before you start posting shit.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 06:17 AM
The purpose of a slicer is to damage large crowds of single target monsters, which it does perfectly.
Well, that's the purpose of laser cannons also, and chikki outdamages them by alot.

Nerfing Chikki will just make AF's feel as pointless as a FT standing next to any other class in the game. Like i said why change things that are perfect the way they are.
I'm a newman acrofighter (lowest ATP), and even using it on my newman I think chikki is overpowered. Funny thing, I can solo missions easily without using slicers xD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 03:18 ]</font>

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 06:18 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:13, Sylpheed wrote:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/uhrrr.gif

I seemed to do just fine back then, when i was a FF. I just used weapons and PAs that complimented the team, rather than blow everything across the room.

But hey, it's all about TEH NUMBARS, AMIRITE? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/ohisee.gif

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:18 AM

*looks at my choutou, level 31* :3

Rainu
Feb 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
The more I think about this, the less pissed I get over the whole Chikki nerf thing. Really, if the PP cost comes down a good chunk, then there's not much difference -- Just use it once more right after the first one, right?

Of course, they'll probably reduce the PP cost by like two points.

Also, SATatami, you've got a pretty well leveled Choutou. How does it compare to Chikki in terms of damage?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rainu on 2008-02-20 03:21 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:21 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:17, Ezodagrom wrote:

The purpose of a slicer is to damage large crowds of single target monsters, which it does perfectly.

Well, that's the purpose of laser cannons also, and chikki outdamages them by alot.
Rangers are for SEs not for damage...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 03:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-20 03:22 ]</font>

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:24 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:20, Rainu wrote:
The more I think about this, the less pissed I get over the whole Chikki nerf thing. Really, if the PP cost comes down a good chunk, then there's not much difference -- Just use it once more right after the first one, right?

Of course, they'll probably reduce the PP cost by like two points.

Also, SATatami, you've got a pretty well leveled Choutou. How does it compare to Chikki in terms of damage?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rainu on 2008-02-20 03:21 ]</font>

Two points can really add up...

And well. The first hit is fairly weak, hits twice, and covers a pretty huge range, albeit closeup. The second hit does similar damage to one of chikki's last hits, albeit a bit weaker, it seems. But this IS missing 9 levels.

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:29 AM
How can any Guntecher out there be happy with this? Honestly, I'm already sitting at 36/36 PAs and all of them being bullets and support techs, I find them giving us 30 attack techs to be a useless way of trying to give us TOO MUCH to do. I guess everyone is gonna have different playstyles and whatnot, but I honestly see it as a useless move...

The only way I'll try to incorperate attack techs into my gunteching playstyle is if they drastically boost the rate at which they level.

Rainu
Feb 20, 2008, 06:29 AM
Huh, well, it's worth a shot. Guess I'll just grab Choutou tomorrow and go cold turkey on my Chikki addiction...

Dragwind
Feb 20, 2008, 06:30 AM
Holy shit this update is win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Now i'm more convinced to move my GT class over to my newearl instead of my cast. I also can't wait to mess around with techs as a GT.

Swords hitting more targets? Sounds like win if so.

Chikki I could care less about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rifle adjustment, laser cannons, PA's lvling faster?

What else can I say? I'm really fucking happy. Hopefully my rifle bullets will prove a worth once again.

Darsh
Feb 20, 2008, 06:30 AM
OK mabey somone can explain somthing to me. I use slicer's and am quite happy with the damage they do. The new on nerfing to me sucks but most people are happy. My question is..... WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE ?! SO what the damage is high. So we are killing MONSTERS in the game. Now if this was pvp i would totally be on the ban wagon and say let the NERFing begin as much as the next person. To those who sit there and complain for the sake of doing so..... grab a slicer and stick it in your ear!

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:31 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:29, Keiko_Seisha wrote:
How can any Guntecher out there be happy with this? Honestly, I'm already sitting at 36/36 PAs and all of them being bullets and support techs, I find them giving us 30 attack techs to be a useless way of trying to give us TOO MUCH to do. I guess everyone is gonna have different playstyles and whatnot, but I honestly see it as a useless move...

The only way I'll try to incorperate attack techs into my gunteching playstyle is if they drastically boost the rate at which they level.

With the ability to turn PAs into disks while keeping all exp for it, I see this argument as pretty moot. Just store your leftover moves in the PM... >_>

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:31, SATatami wrote:

With the ability to turn PAs into disks while keeping all exp for it, I see this argument as pretty moot. Just store your leftover moves in the PM... >_>

With the ability of having to level techs from scratch when all my bullets are already 31+ this argument is moot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2008-02-20 03:34 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:33 AM

both on my AF and fF I solo missions all the time without chiki and do find and dandy. Recieve damage? its all dead before it gets to you, smallest enemies die in one combo of it, and even many mediums. If enemies are running at you thats nmot a con, fight's should be getting attacked over techers and gunners, they certainly take the hits better. Heal and buff self? You shold always buff if you solo slicer or not, and I heal less if i use it because above reason (its all dead already)

yes it isn't great against large targets, but that small con does not outweigh what it does now. Chiki out damages most of my melee pa's in a hell of a jiffy and mine is only like 26, now thats sad considering infinite targets and the long range. A fighters job is to deal damage, and it still will be, chiki nerf is not in any way killing figh's or AF (again I hardly use it now) and it is not going to become useless either, it still hits infinite targets at long range, not as much damage no, but it will still do good damage, and people will realize that after they stop "wtfing" the nerf.

If you *need* chiki to solo as it is now then you need to relearn your class.

Majarra is a bit overpowered in itself as it is now, but not as much as chiki, it does not infinite targets or very long range, over the combo it will do more damage but you have to get in close. aka: they arent dead before they get to you...I think it may need a little adjustment but not as much as chiki.

Yesyes figh's do DAMAGE. But you still need to ask the question "when is it too much?" and "Should this ksill be out damaging the others? is it in balance with its range and targets?" Chiki questionlessly overpowers many many pa's and it isn't even an ultimate pa.

Gunners will still get hit less often, techers will still be able to heal/buff without items, figh's will still outdamage them all. This is not in any way changing or nerfing your role.

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:33 AM

better yet the playstyle of the player..

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:34 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:34, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-20 03:32, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

With the ability of having to level techs from scratch when all my bullets are already 31+ this argument is moot.

Steal them from your FT, or like, you know. Don't be so lazy? Technics will level faster once the update hits, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Plus, who's FORCING you to use attack techs? >_>

What's a fortetecher?

Mewnie

Yeah, it's left me puzzled. What are GT supposed to be? Gunners with some support techs? Or dodgy Forces with guns?

SATatami

Steal them from your FT, or like, you know. Don't be so lazy? Technics will level faster once the update hits, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Plus, who's FORCING you to use attack techs? >_>

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:35 AM

I'll probably pick up megid and maybe a choice 1 or 2 others for certain situations.

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:35 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:34, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

On 2008-02-20 03:34, SATatami wrote:

What's a fortetecher?

Damn, that was a fast post. o.o But anyways. If you don't wanna do it, then don't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:36 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:35, SATatami wrote:
Damn, that was a fast post. o.o But anyways. If you don't wanna do it, then don't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sure thing. I was just wondering why anyone saw this as beneficial, not trying to say it shouldn't be done. Only thing I see worth using out of this is maybe Ra-techs for group hitting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2008-02-20 03:38 ]</font>

Ezodagrom
On 2008-02-20 03:30, Darsh wrote:
OK mabey somone can explain somthing to me. I use slicer's and am quite happy with the damage they do. The new on nerfing to me sucks but most people are happy. My question is..... WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE ?! SO what the damage is high. So we are killing MONSTERS in the game. Now if this was pvp i would totally be on the ban wagon and say let the NERFing begin as much as the next person. To those who sit there and complain for the sake of doing so..... grab a slicer and stick it in your ear!

In a party, chikki spammers kill the monsters before other players can tag them (for exp), and an hunter purpose is to do high damage in close range, not kill groups of monsters before they even get near the hunter...

GuardianElite
On 2008-02-20 03:33, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

both on my AF and fF I solo missions all the time without chiki and do find and dandy. Recieve damage? its all dead before it gets to you, smallest enemies die in one combo of it, and even many mediums. If enemies are running at you thats nmot a con, fight's should be getting attacked over techers and gunners, they certainly take the hits better. Heal and buff self? You shold always buff if you solo slicer or not, and I heal less if i use it because above reason (its all dead already)

yes it isn't great against large targets, but that small con does not outweigh what it does now. Chiki out damages most of my melee pa's in a hell of a jiffy and mine is only like 26, now thats sad considering infinite targets and the long range. A fighters job is to deal damage, and it still will be, chiki nerf is not in any way killing figh's or AF (again I hardly use it now) and it is not going to become useless either, it still hits infinite targets at long range, not as much damage no, but it will still do good damage, and people will realize that after they stop "wtfing" the nerf.

If you *need* chiki to solo as it is now then you need to relearn your class.

Majarra is a bit overpowered in itself as it is now, but not as much as chiki, it does not infinite targets or very long range, over the combo it will do more damage but you have to get in close. aka: they arent dead before they get to you...I think it may need a little adjustment but not as much as chiki.

Yesyes figh's do DAMAGE. But you still need to ask the question "when is it too much?" and "Should this ksill be out damaging the others? is it in balance with its range and targets?" Chiki questionlessly overpowers many many pa's and it isn't even an ultimate pa.

Gunners will still get hit less often, techers will still be able to heal/buff without items, figh's will still outdamage them all. This is not in any way changing or nerfing your role.

nobodies saying that i use daggers,sabers, and claw also the point is seems like fighters getting nerfed and techers getting pumped...

Rayokarna
Feb 20, 2008, 06:38 AM
With Chikki down in ATP Mod, I will now be able to tag things before they die for minor PA EXP.

The nerf was coming, and I guess they did the right thing. I don't understand why all the slicer users take it so bitterly. Is being close to an enemy worry you or something?

mvffin
Feb 20, 2008, 06:38 AM
my chotou is ~27~ i think. I like it because its so much faster, uses less PP, and I can still kill a whole pack of go bajilla's in one combo with a 20% slicer. the first attack does two hits, when combined are about the same damage as the first hit of chikki is now. the second hit does more damage than chikki's second, but only hits once. also, its a lot shorter ranged, but useful in wider areas due to having more control over the direction. its good for soloing, or for tagging things before the other 5 people in your party kill them.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:39 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:06, GuardianElite wrote:

finite to some point but very long.

Techs as a whole need some pushing around up and down in certain ones, but I am yet to party with a FO who annhilated whole rooms in seconds before I could even *shoot* everything... (unless it was lag from overflashy spells x.x, but tahts a technical issue not balance) and FT certainly is NOT overpowered right now.

SolRiver
Feb 20, 2008, 06:40 AM
To anyone who said chiki is not overpowered:

Go play in a game that have everything die just by staring. You have just killed them flawlessly/perfectly/godlike. Better yet, just conjure those victim's slaughter.

The point: Chiki was TOO perfect.

Mewnie
On 2008-02-20 03:38, Rayokarna wrote:
With Chikki down in ATP Mod, I will now be able to tag things before they die for minor PA EXP.

The nerf was coming, and I guess they did the right thing. I don't understand why all the slicer users take it so bitterly. Is being close to an enemy worry you or something?

No more autopilot to win anymore.

Much BAAWWWing ensues. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/popcorn.gif

SATatami
On 2008-02-20 03:36, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

Sure thing. I was just wondering why anyone saw this as beneficial, not trying to say it shouldn't be done. Only thing I see worth using out of this is maybe Ra-techs for group hitting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keiko_Seisha on 2008-02-20 03:38 ]</font>
Megid would be a good alternative to killer shot. Sure, it has less SE, but it effing pierces. o.O

GuardianElite

nah i can solo without a slicer but like nerfing majarra for you wartechers

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 06:41 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:40, GuardianElite wrote:

Got it to 21 to see what it was like and promptly shelved it.

There's better PAs IMHO.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:42 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:36, GuardianElite wrote:
nobodies saying that i use daggers,sabers, and claw also the point is seems like fighters getting nerfed and techers getting pumped...

I'm seeing chiki getting nerfed not fighters...and hell swords are getting buffed. Tech and bullet leveling going up, they take MUCH longer than skills as they are now so its just being balanced...

Aside from chiki what is being nerfed about figh? And what exactly is being buffed about techer? (aside from GT who needs buff, but wish I could get a bit more att instead of tp)

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:43 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:40, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-20 03:36, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

Megid would be a good alternative to killer shot. Sure, it has less SE, but it effing pierces. o.O

I can stand on top of a platform and never be touched by robots in GoF though (which you can't shoot Megid down from), and I rarely go to other robot missions that would warrent me using Killer Shot.

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:43 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:41, Mewnie wrote:

Got it to 21 to see what it was like and promptly shelved it.

There's better PAs IMHO.

It's somewhat weird to just attack, and a bit slow to do so, as well. I only have level 27 Majarra, but I'm not seeing the overpoweredness compared to say, my 40 Daggas. o.O Except for the whole, I can hit you even though you're 40 feet in the air thing. >_>

Rayokarna
Feb 20, 2008, 06:44 AM

Sorry dude, your talking to the wrong person. Im a Daggas user. Plus Im a PT first.

Ezodagrom
about guntecher techs, I might get foie and diga for my guntecher, for bullet resistant enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rainu
I don't understand why all the slicer users take it so bitterly. Is being close to an enemy worry you or something?
I'm bitter because I've never really seen the current Chikki as game-breaking. Maybe it's because I have crappy slicers or because my character's not maxed out, but I'm almost never strong enough to kill everything before people can get up there in the fight.

GuardianElite
On 2008-02-20 03:42, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

I'm seeing chiki getting nerfed not fighters...and hell swords are getting buffed. Tech and bullet leveling going up, they take MUCH longer than skills as they are now so its just being balanced...

Aside from chiki what is being nerfed about figh? And what exactly is being buffed about techer? (aside from GT who needs buff, but wish I could get a bit more att instead of tp)

Guntecher does not need a buff thier support gunners <.<

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:45 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:44, Ezodagrom wrote:
about guntecher techs, I might get foie and diga for my guntecher, for bullet resistant enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Alright, I'll warrant this as a positive side to it.

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 06:46 AM

Oh, that is true. Why didn't I think of that? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/uhrrr.gif

I wonder what the TP boost will be? Come to think of it, is GT TP pretty bad right now?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:47 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:44, GuardianElite wrote:

well theres your opinion there, but I don't feel like arguing that right now. You said fighs are being nerfed and techers buffed, elaborate please.

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:48 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:45, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

Alright, I'll warrant this as a positive side to it.

Then again i do see point in GT boost

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:49 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:46, Mewnie wrote:

Oh, that is true. Why didn't I think of that? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/uhrrr.gif

I wonder what the TP boost will be? Come to think of it, is GT TP pretty bad right now?

1254 TP on a Newman Female at level 120 Guntecher 15.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:50 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:46, Mewnie wrote:

I agree O.o I never thought of that. Soudns good to me, my melee was always pretty weak on GT (not mention their defenses suck) so I didn't like going close will be nice to gun/tech now instead of gun/melee

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:50 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:47, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

well theres your opinion there, but I don't feel like arguing that right now. You said fighs are being nerfed and techers buffed, elaborate please.

Do i really elaborate the fact that FT got the rod boost then GT now getting a boost..now put 2 and 2 together

icewyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:51 AM

AFs never needed such a powerful ranged weapon, they are fast melee fighters. Sega could remove slicers entirely and AFs would still kick arse, just like they could take axes away from FFs and they'd still be the most powerful class in the game (imo).

From the sounds of things you didn't overuse chikki anyway, so why is this such a big deal? It's not like the other balance changes are giving anyone else a particularly significant buff, really, so it's hardly an unfair update in that respect.

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 06:51 AM
[b]On 2008-02-20 03:49, Keiko_Seisha

1254 TP on a Newman Female at level 120 Guntecher 15.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/not20awesomepf6.png

Only about 200 more TP than my beast WT.. X3

Hope it's a good boost then :3

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:52 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:50, GuardianElite wrote:

Do i really elaborate the fact that FT got the rod boost then GT now getting a boost..now put 2 and 2 together

And you're forgetting that Fighters got Just Attack, which is such a major buff that it made ST have to GIVE the rod boost, as well as the new faster leveling for bullets and techs?

Midicronica
Feb 20, 2008, 06:53 AM
Now that I think about it.. If GT would have gotten S rank Cards, I would flipped out of my chair with joy. I guess I finally have a use for my Uransara. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 06:53 AM
471 TP on my lvl 73 CAST guntecher 15 xD

Rayokarna
Feb 20, 2008, 06:54 AM
What scares me the most. What will the extreamly top tier stats will look like.

Newman Femal FT at 200/20
or a Beast Male FF at 200/20

Mewnie
[b]On 2008-02-20 03:50, GuardianElite

Frankly, pure techers still fall short.

I want whatever it is you're smoking.

Actually, on the other hand, I don't want it.

SATatami
On 2008-02-20 03:53, Ezodagrom wrote:

o.O Wut? Seriously? That's odd... Rei has 613 TP as a level 106 femme beast GT1... >_>

GuardianElite
On 2008-02-20 03:52, SATatami wrote:

And you're forgetting that Fighters got Just Attack, which is such a major buff that it made ST have to GIVE the rod boost, as well as the new faster leveling for bullets and techs?

To be honest they didnt need it..

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:55 AM

and Figh's still outdamage FT's and have much higher hp and defense as well. Those rods aren't exactly mobile either while your casting either. Again, regardless of that, in this update, I am seeing a chiki nerf (obviously broken skill, whether its being nerfed too much can be argued but it did need A nerf) and a Guntecher buff (and GT is not threatening anyones damage in the least) so Im failing to see how this update is continuing that "trend". Both the nerf and the buff are being done for entirely different reasons.

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 20, 2008, 06:55 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:53, Midicronica wrote:
Now that I think about it.. If GT would have gotten S rank Cards, I would flipped out of my chair with joy. I guess I finally have a use for my Uransara. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Now THIS I would have enjoyed. Still, in the end I'll try to make good use of this, I have Foie and Diga 21+ from when I was playing Acrotecher most of the time when AoI came out.

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 06:56 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:55, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

and Figh's still outdamage FT's and have much higher hp and defense as well. Those rods aren't exactly mobile either while your casting either. Again, regardless of that, in this update, I am seeing a chiki nerf (obviously broken skill, whether its being nerfed too much can be argued but it did need A nerf) and a Guntecher buff (and GT is not threatening anyones damage in the least) so Im failing to see how this update is continuing that "trend". Both the nerf and the buff are being done for entirely different reasons.

yeah I know about FTers check my sig..

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 06:57 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:54, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-20 03:53, Ezodagrom wrote:

o.O Wut? Seriously? That's odd... Rei has 613 TP as a level 106 femme beast GT1... >_>

1107 base tp with 120 human 15 GT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-20 04:27 ]</font>

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 06:57 AM
S rank cards on guntechers would be amazing, finally I would have a reason to get a shi-kikami or hoshi-kikami http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 06:58 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:54, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2008-02-20 03:52, SATatami wrote:

To be honest they didnt need it..

Bull, they didn't. You can't give one class steroids while giving another nothing. I'll quote someone from long ago.

When AoTI came around, they gave fighters a blowjob, and techers a massage. All they gave gunners was a sandwich and a handshake...

Rayokarna
Feb 20, 2008, 06:59 AM
What they need, is more Melee resistant enemies with high EVP and DFP. Give Fighters a run for there money.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 07:00 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:56, GuardianElite wrote:

On 2008-02-20 03:55, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
Again, regardless of that, in this update, I am seeing a chiki nerf (obviously broken skill, whether its being nerfed too much can be argued but it did need A nerf) and a Guntecher buff (and GT is not threatening anyones damage in the least) so Im failing to see how this update is continuing that "trend". Both the nerf and the buff are being done for entirely different reasons.

yeah I know about FTers check my sig..

ok, but you didn't answer the question

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 07:20 AM
On 2008-02-20 04:18, Mewnie wrote:

- GT getting 30 attack techs and TP boost. Many left scratching their head.

I stopped scratching my head at that when the post came mentioning...yay I can use a semi-decent diga when they are bullet resistant! Our Att is low enough, those things took forever to kill (besides KSing bots <3)

Freshellent
Feb 20, 2008, 07:21 AM

I'm really glad I'm one of them. Having it at 33 ( just looked just now,didn't realize it was higher) while Chikki is still at 27 gives me a sense of relief. Thought I was being an ass for using it over Chikki because I felt more in control of the PA. And it looked better... Etc etc. I never really liked Chikki much.

Swords hitting more targets? Mmm,didn't think of that till just now either.

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 07:23 AM
On 2008-02-20 04:20, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
I stopped scratching my head at that when the post came mentioning...yay I can use a semi-decent diga when they are bullet resistant! Our Att is low enough, those things took forever to kill (besides KSing bots <3)

fixed for you >3

SATatami
On 2008-02-20 04:21, Icespike wrote:

Swords hitting more targets? Mmm,didn't think of that till just now either.

Speaking of which. Wouldn't the bonus stack with swords that ALREADY hit extra targets? (creas, chainsawd, etc)

GuardianElite
Cliff notes version of this thread, for people coming late:

- Chikki nerfed. Acronoobs BAAWWWWed.

- Acrofighters had a rough night.

- Mewn has a headache and Reina leaves her for some hot CAST tranny from Holtes City.

fixed btw not all of us is pure acros..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-02-20 04:24 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 20, 2008, 07:28 AM
I'm reading too much "Sega sucks," swearing, and all around negative posts on this board. How about we have some swearing rules added to the TOS, neh? It'd make this place a lot cleaner. No, I don't mean auto-filter, just people minding what they type.

Silver_Wyrm
On 2008-02-20 04:23, Mewnie wrote:

On 2008-02-20 04:20, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

fixed for you >3

lmao thanks :3

as a side note, I'm still a happy AF >.> chotou yayz

Mewnie
On 2008-02-20 04:23, SATatami wrote:
Speaking of which. Wouldn't the bonus stack with swords that ALREADY hit extra targets? (creas, chainsawd, etc)

whoa whoa, chainsawd hits extra too?

I am looking forward to this Sword buff too :3 It's been an under-appreciated weapon for far too long X3

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 07:31 AM
On 2008-02-20 04:28, Mewnie wrote:

On 2008-02-20 04:23, SATatami wrote:

whoa whoa, chainsawd hits extra too?

I am looking forward to this Sword buff too :3 It's been an under-appreciated weapon for far too long X3
Yup. I haven't tested how many it hits, but I've confirmed 4 targets... And it attacks somewhat faster, too. Coupled with the healing effect, people who complain that "It's just too damn weak!" don't know what they're in for. Yes, it won't do as much damage, as say, Joggi, but it's a bit faster and it heals you... Oh, and it gets GREAT PP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 07:32 AM
On 2008-02-20 04:28, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
I'm reading too much "Sega sucks," swearing, and all around negative posts on this board. How about we have some swearing rules added to the TOS, neh? It'd make this place a lot cleaner. No, I don't mean auto-filter, just people minding what they type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQggo3AfP30

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 07:33 AM
I'm still also an happy AF, who needs slicers with sabers, daggers and claws? xD
(only use slicers with chikki against robots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 07:35 AM
This is awesome news. Loving the Rifle adjustment, curious about the Laser adjustment, and I'm SO FREAKING HAPPY at the GT news!

And any of you who think GTs don't deserve that boost has never played GT. Now there's pretty much nothing we can't do. Glad I made a Newman Guntecher now, I may just have to start playing with Technics now.

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 07:39 AM
On 2008-02-20 04:35, Typheros wrote:
This is awesome news. Loving the Rifle adjustment, curious about the Laser adjustment, and I'm SO FREAKING HAPPY at the GT news!

And any of you who think GTs don't deserve that boost has never played GT. Now there's pretty much nothing we can't do. Glad I made a Newman Guntecher now, I may just have to start playing with Technics now.

it wouldn't surprise me to see the laser cannons fire like machine guns... >_> but they'll prolly get fast enough to be "constantish" in there rate of fire. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 07:40 AM
On 2008-02-20 04:39, SATatami wrote:

it wouldn't surprise me to see the laser cannons fire like machine guns... >_> but they'll prolly get fast enough to be "constantish" in there rate of fire. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

maybe I should try grind up my 5/10 degahna cannon but...the thought scares me o.o don't we get a grinding boost after mag? I was gonna wait for that

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 07:43 AM
That'd be nice, I recently got back into Lasers and a decently levelled one will blow a fully levelled Zonde or Barta out of the friggin water, and the SE rate is pretty sick. If they increase the rate of fire on that, my GT is going to seriously become a force to be reckoned with.

Just good to finally see Rangers getting a well-deserved buff. I've got some serious Technic and Laser levelling to do....

Rayokarna
Feb 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
Waiting until Shotgun gets knock back at very close range. XD

AC9breaker
Feb 20, 2008, 08:01 AM
Cliff notes version of this thread, for people coming late:

- Chikki nerfed. Acronoobs BAAWWWWed.

- Acronoobs think GT boost the first sign of the apocalypse.

- GT boost means moar diga http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif (ARE YOU HAPPY WYRM? ;3)

- Acronoobs have no real point and go away.

- Mewn has a headache and Reina leaves her for some hot CAST tranny from Holtes City.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewnie on 2008-02-20 04:22 ]</font>

Thanks for keeping me informed Mewn! I'd be lost without you!

Srsly I went to sleep last night and Bea had just posted this I JUST woke up and its 11 pages long? olo!

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 08:01 AM
SE5 for rifles? Faster Laser Cannon firing? Chikki nerf?

Its a good thing nobody is in this room with me right now. I just shot boiling hot diarrhea all over the floor.

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
On 2008-02-20 05:01, amtalx wrote:

Its a good thing nobody is in this room with me right now. I just shot boiling hot diarrhea all over the floor.

then why is it white? I don't think that's diarrhea...

Neith
Feb 20, 2008, 08:07 AM
Haha, Chikki got owned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Maybe this'll make some aF's use other weapons >_>

RACast_Raiden
Feb 20, 2008, 08:09 AM
Jabroken needs a nerf too...maybe.

Neith
Feb 20, 2008, 08:20 AM
On 2008-02-20 05:09, RACast_Raiden wrote:

Jabroga needs changing so that it can miss again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Incase some people haven't noticed, it doesn't miss at all, ever http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I do agree that needs a nerf in ATP though, get a few fF's against De Ragan and it's not even funny how fast the fight is over.

I'm actually glad Chikki got nerfed though, I got sick of aF's with entire pallettes of Slicers. It's certainly going to make soloing a bit tougher for my Newman aF but I think I'd rather have the PA nerf than play in another Uni 2 game with Acrofighters.

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 08:24 AM
On 2008-02-20 05:06, SATatami wrote:

then why is it white? I don't think that's diarrhea...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 09:03 AM
On 2008-02-20 05:20, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2008-02-20 05:09, RACast_Raiden wrote:

Jabroga needs changing so that it can miss again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Incase some people haven't noticed, it doesn't miss at all, ever http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I do agree that needs a nerf in ATP though, get a few fF's against De Ragan and it's not even funny how fast the fight is over.

I'm actually glad Chikki got nerfed though, I got sick of aF's with entire pallettes of Slicers. It's certainly going to make soloing a bit tougher for my Newman aF but I think I'd rather have the PA nerf than play in another Uni 2 game with Acrofighters.

Majarra needs a serious nerf too. It is retarded how much it's set apart from other Melee PAs.

I too am glad Chikki got a nerf, I'm lucky I really don't use it a lot on my Acrofighter. Besides, the other weapons we have available to us are just so much more fun. Maybe I'll pick up Choutou and see how fun that is. I tend to solo with the rest of my palette anyway (Twin Claws, Claws, Sabers, Daggers) so it's all good.

I'm such a dork. I didn't pay any attention during my last class from thinking about how much Incapacitate and Burn level 5 are going to *kick ass*. Rangers: Here we come to save the motherfuckin day.

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 09:14 AM
On 2008-02-20 06:03, Typheros wrote:

I'm such a dork. I didn't pay any attention during my last class from thinking about how much Incapacitate and Burn level 5 are going to *kick ass*. Rangers: Here we come to save the motherfuckin day.

Yea, no shit. I've been having a nerdgasm thinking about how disgusting SE5 is going to be coupled with the old enemy STA nerf.

Kylie
Feb 20, 2008, 09:34 AM
Sexy; been waiting for this.

Seira7
Feb 20, 2008, 09:39 AM
Wow, what a weird post to wake up to - I started a Newman GT yesterday. Not sure what techs I will grab to compliment the playstyle, but that is really cool news. I still would like S rank fans however...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Chikki I could care less about...I rarely use slicers on my AF. I worked on raising my favorite PAs last night - hikai, spinning, and moubu, so Ill go back to trying to cap them^^ Although they did take away AF's only AOE, maybe give one of our weapons a boost hmhm - single daggers would be nice! <3 daggers~

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 09:44 AM
I'm happy about this as a Guntecher, but a little confused on the full decision. The only confusing aspect is that level 30 attack techs is definitely shifting the focus of the class. I've seen the damage of techs 11-20 from Guntechers, and putting 21+ definitely gives GTs a lot of techs that outdamage nearly their entire arsenal of guns even at max bullet levels.

I guess I can't complain being one, but I'm beginning to think they're making GTs equal parts Gun and equal parts Tech with this update. However, given the limitations of langauge and speech (for most people), you can't say Gun and Tech at precisely the same time. (Unless you use 2 people or something)

Maybe we can call ourselves Geckers!!! (throwing the 'k' in so it's more like Gecko). I can see that this update is definitely trained to both give extra satisfaction to rifle shooters, and actually make Guntechers have a population. (Guess all the GT name calling, of calling them nerfed, on the main site, (Not by people who chose to be GTs, mind you) got ST to try anything to get them pushed.

I guess we can say goodbye to them being the last class left as a "high technical" class (for the end game). Still, I see this as still not making them with anything "killer" for their early game. They still have to work, and put their time in, to get the huge buffs they get with the update. It's not going to attract those who are impatient for Tech and Bullet PAs to advance, but that's only certain people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 06:50 ]</font>

Reipard
Feb 20, 2008, 09:45 AM
GT getting 30 attack techs is weird and steps into Wartecher territory, but whatever- Sega's the one making the decisions, not I.

I'm glad to see Chikki finally getting hit with a well-deserved nerf bat.

Rifle boosts yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Photon Art Exp Gain boost yaaaaaaaaay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-02-20 06:46 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 09:55 AM
Chikki is a nice well-deserved nerf, but only because it became mainly a solo-only weapon. It steals kills too easily for a ranged weapon and many of us has already gone through the issue of having to race like wild chickens, keeping up with the Chikki player, just to get a hit in for exp. Yes, it might not be super awesome on large creatures, but then again, the Laser Cannon is the same way and a whole lot weaker than Chiki. So I don't really see the argument on it. What they DID lower the Chiki to is something much more akin to the Laser Cannon (the Gunner's best Line weapon in the game), so if you think this suddenly makes you weak to soloing then you really have to actually take a look at reality and see what things in the game REALLY damage for. Sheesh. It's like they never played with Gunners to see the difference, and why Laser Cannons don't instantly clear a room of medium/small creatures before everybody gets there, in comparison. I have, and I've seen them side-by-side. A chikki is easily over 3 times as powerful as a fully levelled Laser cannon with the elusive SPS on a fully levelled Protranser, topping their ATP. Rangers could be for SEs, true, but the current rate of normal damage vs. the monster HP never allows SEs to land and do their damage before they die on everything but large creatures. Face it, that's the current climate. And about those disabilitating SEs, nice and all, but Protransers took most of that job.

On the other hand, I see adjustments made for Killer shot. Nice that they lower the cost, but I hope they don't mistakenly increase the high level bullet effectiveness to Chikki levels.

I also like the possibility of the Sword Buff. Swords hit very nice targets in PSO, and was quite satisfactory. I think an adjustment for PSU would increase the popularity of swords beyond the novelty of some neat-looking S-ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 07:10 ]</font>

AxelgearVII
Feb 20, 2008, 10:05 AM

^______^

panzer_unit
Feb 20, 2008, 10:09 AM
Buffed laser fire rates would be nice, they'd be easier to solo with by staggering a little more often and letting us do a little more footwork. If it's a nerf instead I guess I could live with it... I'd die a little inside though.

Too bad Sega didn't just rearrange all their spawns so they don't pop up ready-packed for ownage with linear attacks.

Hopefully all of this is followed FAST by some missions against lv200 mobs. 130's still go down like panties on prom night.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 10:11 AM
True enough. We want the big tough and hardy monsters. I'm right with you there on some level 200 mobs. Make SEs have purpose again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 07:11 ]</font>

physic
Feb 20, 2008, 10:36 AM
Uhhhh nerf hammer hitting,
News flash :
majarra isnt that great, the greatest thing bout majarra is how easy it is to level
Nerf Jabroga? are you people stupid? the thing takes about 20 seconds to use, its extremely situational, methinks its haterade

Chikki nerf, thats nice but it seems like no one will use it much its second pas damage is halved. hopefully it has a major decrease in pp cost and increase in pp regen otherwise it will be pretty lame. and sad to say, AF needed it, because they have almost nothing else good for hitting multiple mobs i mean i didnt use it that much, but now they got nothing but that one claw PA.

Swords have hit 4 targets with thier PAs since aoi, they used to be 3, so this means they need to hit 5, really it should just be limitless ae imo. Id have prefered a damage boost for tornado and spinning, i mean spinning is pretty crappy, and since its vertical i doubt the increase in targets will apply to it.

As for the whole ranged thing, yeah slicers beat lasers, but it takes a lot longer to use a slicer, and you cant move mid ombo, and slicer has no SE, the ability of FT and ranger to do 2k+ dmg and move instantly with little wind up was teh advantage they had over slicers. oh well wish i had abused them more before, my slicers only like 21 or so.

Annnnd far as top tier stuff goes, i cant speak for FT but the trend i see with FF is that they will end up being like hucasts in pso ep II, they are going to keep getting atp, but thier ata will fall further and further behind, and yup 0s hurt the most. Im guessing teh fighmaster will probably be the best since im guessing its ata wont be as abysmal. Man i still remember new swords being pretty useless for me in pso because without hit% i was catching only air. forced to use a dragon slayer 35%hit forever....

Hrith
Feb 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
<3 bea

Rifles really needed a damn boost, because they're only useful for bosses, now, I want to use my Rattlesnake more often ;o

GT getting Lv30 attack techs and S wands makes no sense, but ok, I'm sure GT having SEVEN S rank weapons and Fortegunner having five is a perfect balance, in SEGA world.

Chikki = at long last

Lasers = I hope they mean faster >_>

PA exp increase = make bullets not take three weeks to get to 40, plzkthx

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
I don't see a problem at all with us GTs getting level 30 Attack Technics. Our strength is not in our raw power (which still isn't as weak as everyone seems to think it is, if you build your GT right) but in our ability to adapt to any possible situation, and giving us a reasonable capability of Technic damage is an excellent addition to our already formidable arsenal. If you're out of PA space, just store some disks, it's not hard. The beauty of GT is how many different kinds of builds you can make, instead of being forced into one with some other Types. I love it and I can't wait to try some new builds involving Attack Technics and see how I do.

Really the only place we may struggle is against multiple-hitbox monsters, but then again we proc SEs much better than most classes and with the addition of SE5 to Rifles, even those monsters shouldn't be a threat. Against bosses, well, Cards are pretty much rape when you can use them, but we also have another strength of being able to hit a boss pretty much anywhere. Considering Fortefighters are limited to Handguns and most Fortetechers are too busy jerking off to their lag-inducing Technics to realize they could pull out a Bow, it's a pretty useful characteristic of the GT Type.

Variety and adaptability is the true strength of the GT, and seeing an addition to that couldn't make me happier. SE5 Rifles and faster Laser Cannons and better Attack Technics, oh my!

And re: GT S-ranks vs. fG S-ranks - That's the balance in fGs having much better ATP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2008-02-20 07:46 ]</font>

Alizarin
Feb 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
PP cost is being reduced.
Only part I cared about. <3

Sword adjustment:
The number of targets able to be hit by the sword's normal and skill attacks is going to be increased (I think :<).
More love to sword-users, can't argue with that.

Adjustment of Rifles:
Firing rate, damage, and accuracy of rifles will be adjusted.
Killer Shot 31's PP cost will be lowered.
Rifle bullets at 31+ will get higher level SEs (I believe)
Firing rate of laser cannons will be adjusted.
Ditto with gunners. Now I can have more of an incentive to use my FG.

I am so glad I decided to be a primary techer.
No more baby-diga and mini-foie as a GT~

Photon Arts experience adjustments:
All Photon Arts will gain more experience when used.
Bullets will be adjusted in some other manner, but I'm not quite sure what they mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There, now most forms of leveling have been given a boost. Whether that's good or bad will depend on who places importance about their personal effort and work went into leveling them before. I see it as good, because of all the complaining about higher levels with low-level PAs.

milka
Feb 20, 2008, 10:52 AM
awwww

was so funny looking at the babies digas and babies medigs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

milka
Feb 20, 2008, 10:53 AM
parting with GT is not fun anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milka on 2008-02-20 07:54 ]</font>

Para
Feb 20, 2008, 10:57 AM
This update with guntechers imo boosts newman guntechers with an important feature: there are DEFINITELY monsters in which using guns = fail because of the defense. Boosting attack techs to 30 and TP boost only serves to boost Newmans as an good alternative to guntechers with the capability to use attack techs well. Why? Certain monsters are a lot more susceptible to attack techs like diga and foie rather than using bullets to kill which only adds onto the killing ability of a newman guntecher. Got a problem with large monsters? No more problem now for newman guntecher since techs like foie and diga is gonna do some major damage.

I mean... techer... gun and techer... many of you guys should figure it out by now.

In the end, much love to newman guntechers <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2008-02-20 07:58 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 11:03 AM
I'm surprised you saw a lot of baby Digas and Megids with GTs. Many of them (as rare as they are) hardly used either. Though some of us did indeed use Digas and Foies after the update. They still do comparable single monster damage, at 20, to most of our other single monster damage weapons at 31+.

Newmans get a boost to using the class as well as humans. Though nowadays, you can do just about anything with anybody, it does make them look nicer for the class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 08:05 ]</font>

Bael
Feb 20, 2008, 11:05 AM
Awww....I won't be able to hit with Chikki for 7K anymore... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Ah well, c'est la vie..

Inazuma
Feb 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
this is great news. the best ranger will no longer be a hunter.

rifle bullets over lv 31 will get knockdown, not higher SEs.

Egg99
Feb 20, 2008, 11:14 AM

I call bullshit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Slypheed wrote:

Chikki has its cons just like every other PA in the game it is NOT broken. Try using a slicer against a Drua Gohra, Kog Nadd, Polovhorus, Svaltus etc, It sucks. The purpose of a slicer is to damage large crowds of single target monsters, which it does perfectly.

"Chikki has its cons." I lol'd.

I find it an absolute miracle that 90% of the people in this thread didn't tear you a new one. What's worse is you're entirely serious about your statement it seems.

How in God's name can you call a PA that cleans out an entire room before anyone else can even tag an enemy balanced? I really am curious?

Shiryuu
Feb 20, 2008, 11:23 AM
GT FTW!

Now if we could only trade those S rank RCSMs, for whips or S rank cards.....

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 11:33 AM
On 2008-02-20 07:42, Hrith wrote:

Lasers = I hope they mean faster >_>

According to the linguisic abortion I got from Google's translation, the same language is used to describe Laser Cannons as the increase in Sword targets and 20->30 attack techs for GTs. Seems like a good sign.

Hrith
Feb 20, 2008, 11:35 AM
Rifles are getting knockdown at Lv31+, not better SE.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
First lemme start of by saying, DOWN WITH CHIKKI!!! I'm a proud Acrofighter, and I HATE Chikki Kyoren-jin, hell, I was about to hate Slicers period until I got Choutou Kantsu-jin (although I do still hate the AF / Slicer stereotype and the idea that AF = using only Slicers). I hardly even used that broken Chicken Kyoren-jin anyway, although I might use it more since its now balanced at least.

Swords getting more targets is also awesome. I was hoping, out of all things, for swords to get a boost. Now my Beast has more reason to use swords.

I just went Protranser, so I'm curious about the Laser Cannon boost. I don't have a Guntecher, although I might make my female newman go into that class if I feel like it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think Hrith is right about the Rifle thing. I translated the thing and it says that it gives a knockdown or something. Man, I'm not too good at reading Japanese, kanji is such a pain in the arse.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-02-20 08:45 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 11:41 AM
On 2008-02-20 08:14, Inazuma wrote:

rifle bullets over lv 31 will get knockdown, not higher SEs.

Not sure how I feel about that... I think I would rather have SE5, the stagger on Rifles is enough. Oh well, maybe when our PAs go up to 50. *crosses fingers*

Indica
Feb 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
wow, LOL lotta people gonna complain about the slicers.

All those people bragging months ago about Foretechers dealing worthless damage against Slicers can eat it now..lol

Also, if Guntechers are gonna get S Rank wands, I hope to hell they can use S Rank Rifles too

Indica
Feb 20, 2008, 11:48 AM

Hell yea, especially Killer Shot Adjustment. Do a hear a Killer Shot with SE5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'm good with the lack of S rank Rifles. Yes, they look pretty and all, but those S rank Lasers, Grenade launchers of any rank, and other things are stuff that are tasty for a Fortegunner. If I really wanted to play with that stuff, so bad, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Heck, my fourth character (Stints) is going Fortegunner as part of his selective arsenal of Advanced classes, so I know I'll have fun with that stuff, eventually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 08:52 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
I will shit the bed if GT get S rank Rifles after getting S rank Bows AND S rank Wands. That would be some holy bullshyt.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
On 2008-02-20 00:47, ShuttleXpC wrote:
Slicer will still be useful lol, don't know what everyone is going on about here. Slicer going from 342-->182 You know Ive seen some FF hitting for almost 4k to everything with a slicer, that will go to 2.5-->2.8k to everything...its still going to be OP, but people will stop complaining.

yeah well take it from ff, i am a AF/ Ff and Ff don't need slicer

so Af are getting screwed in this deal, as my ft wails 2500 per hit with ra spellz

it's not even close to cool

darkante
Feb 20, 2008, 11:59 AM
Yes i am very curious on the Laser Cannon changes.

I recently started to use and i love it.
Hits several target on line doing massive dmg.
What more do it need? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkNoise
Feb 20, 2008, 12:00 PM
What the hell!!! Thats gonna make my frikking Kibiri Hiken's completely useless. Gawd dammit!!

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:00 PM

policing??

how bout u just not pay attention to it?

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:04 PM

i loled snot nosed

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
On 2008-02-20 05:07, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Haha, Chikki got owned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

actually i though hey i found a reasonably cool class, i don't need to glitch, i can just play the game by myself if need be and enjoy it.

now i think iwill be machine gun glitching.

it's hard soloing as a Af but it was interesting, now glitching as an Fg it'll be boring killing everything so fast but whatever.

we can make the game broken again with all the glitching, good job sega

thank gods chikki is gone hay?

Deissa
Feb 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
Adjustment of Rifles:
Firing rate, damage, and accuracy of rifles will be adjusted.
Rifle bullets at 31+ will get higher level SEs (I believe)
Rather than firing rate, this is elemental rate adjustment. 31+ bullets get knockdown, not SE5.

Firing rate of laser cannons will be adjusted.
The site says initial elemental rate.

Mr_Confused
Feb 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
i guess there trying to make my bows useless:(

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
Actually, the Mech guns supposedly got unglitched already. That is, unless there's yet another *more secret* method to cause the glitch, they haven't fixed. They've fixed the two methods, I've heard about, in two different updates.

Mr_Confused
Feb 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:09, Shishi-O wrote:

actually i though hey i found a reasonably cool class, i don't need to glitch, i can just play the game by myself if need be and enjoy it.

it's hard soloing as a Af but it was interesting, now glitching as an Fg it'll be boring killing everything so fast but whatever.

u do know that they took out the machine gun glitch amiright yaknow

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 20, 2008, 12:13 PM

Yeah. Maybe this might also filter out all of the bandwagon Acrofighters. Hopefully all the noobs will gtfo of our class.

Sazan
Feb 20, 2008, 12:17 PM
Maybe NOW people will realize that AF can use offensive-TRAPS.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
On 2008-02-20 08:14, Egg99 wrote:

I call bullshit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Slypheed wrote:

"Chikki has its cons." I lol'd.

I find it an absolute miracle that 90% of the people in this thread didn't tear you a new one. What's worse is you're entirely serious about your statement it seems.

How in God's name can you call a PA that cleans out an entire room before anyone else can even tag an enemy balanced? I really am curious?

try hitting a single targe for 8-1200, bosses take forever

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:21 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:11, Akaimizu wrote:
Actually, the Mech guns supposedly got unglitched already. That is, unless there's yet another *more secret* method to cause the glitch, they haven't fixed. They've fixed the two methods, I've heard about, in two different updates.

there is,it's not secret just not something i wanted to do.

now , why not? don't worry though i will solo with room locked

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-20 09:24 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:26 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:17, Sazan wrote:
Maybe NOW people will realize that AF can use offensive-TRAPS.

r u joking? everyone got a boost! and traps suck if u not protranser.

why not take slicers from FF and leave af alone.

i pay millions for my s-rank 11* slicers( i should be able to do 2500 per hit), now they get gimped?

ff has infucking sane atp!! why give them slicers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-20 09:29 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 12:29 PM
Traps do not suck if you're not protranser. Heck, as a Guntecher, I've learned to LIVE off of traps. In fact, up until today, if I have to cope through a level, traps becomes absolute life savers and a way to help speed up my damage. PT traps do rule supreme, but the other traps are good. Tell a GT, today, to do their runs without traps and they'll look at you as if you're crazy.

And guess what, people pay millions to get most Ranger S rank weapons, sans a few of them. Do they do uber damage or have better SEs? Not in the least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 09:31 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:31 PM
as a guntecher, a 9* rifle gives u better SE, why would u use traps @SE3 over rifles @SE4?...oh i'm sorry @SE5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-20 09:31 ]</font>

ryvius
Feb 20, 2008, 12:32 PM
Because they're instant and hit a group?

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
Because it takes forever to land them on a group. It's a luck of the draw how fast the SEs land. Traps are instant usage and often are ways to get a group started taking damage. You do realize that even SE4s can often shoot an enemy 20+ times and not proc once.

If I relied just on guns to land SEs, I lose not only a lot of time, but a ton of damage. In general, you see ok shots of not much damage land for SE attempts when I lost all that time traps could've already started doing it.

I've had over 1000+ hours of this kind of testing, and it's the same all the time. Try it all on guns and the time to defeat enemies increases 10 fold. And also a lot more uses of Photon Charges.

That, is precisely why the current climate of monsters with not enough HP to deal with the very powerful Techs and FF super damage weapons make SEs nearly useless, with them around. More HP to mobs give gun SEs more purpose.

If a bunch of mobs are about to lob rocks or throw techs on you. Do you attempt to use guns to shut them up? Or if you have the trap, do you instantly run in there, drop a trap, use it, and instantly nullify them right now in order to give you time to perhaps land the proper SEs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 09:37 ]</font>

Jarek
Feb 20, 2008, 12:35 PM
I laughed.

Topic of the day.

Andy1423
Feb 20, 2008, 12:42 PM
All this time I mentioned that rifles needed a balance change, and all the high and mighty stuck up PSU f**s said I was being ridiculous.

This ones for you guys....lol.....you know who you are

--
Mod edit: let's not use that word here

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-02-20 09:47 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 12:47 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:33, Akaimizu wrote:
Because it takes forever to land them on a group. It's a luck of the draw how fast the SEs land. Traps are instant usage and often are ways to get a group started taking damage. You do realize that even SE4s can often shoot an enemy 20+ times and not proc once.

If I relied just on guns to land SEs, I lose not only a lot of time, but a ton of damage. In general, you see ok shots of not much damage land for SE attempts when I lost all that time traps could've already started doing it.

I've had over 1000+ hours of this kind of testing, and it's the same all the time. Try it all on guns and the time to defeat enemies increases 10 fold. And also a lot more uses of Photon Charges.

That, is precisely why the current climate of monsters with not enough HP to deal with the very powerful Techs and FF super damage weapons make SEs nearly useless, with them around. More HP to mobs give gun SEs more purpose.

If a bunch of mobs are about to lob rocks or throw techs on you. Do you attempt to use guns to shut them up? Or if you have the trap, do you instantly run in there, drop a trap, use it, and instantly nullify them right now in order to give you time to perhaps land the proper SEs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 09:37 ]</font>
really? i soloed exclusively with rifles, SEs hit hard and fast, and do shyte loads of damage.

i still solo with her at times, what are u talking about, traps could make it easy if u like dropping them and running, but my mentality is straight through.

they cost and aren't as efficient as a rifle, especially large prey

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 12:52 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:09, Shishi-O wrote:

hard to solo as an AF? really?
with my newman AF I can solo moonlight beast s2 in 27 - 29 mins (my best time was 25 mins), with the help of a beast fortefighter we did it in 22 - 24 mins...
(btw I almost don't use slicers, on moonlight beast s2 I use sabers on monsters, virus trap G on tengohgs, and claw on zoalgoug)

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 12:53 PM
10 meseta says I can solo a room of large mob, high STA enemies faster with traps and a Shotgun/Spear.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:53, amtalx wrote:
10 meseta says I can solo a room of large mob, high STA enemies faster with traps and a Shotgun/Spear.

i can do that with just a spear,..ur point?

Af don't have spears or a shotgun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-20 10:03 ]</font>

New_One
Feb 20, 2008, 01:06 PM
Can anyone confirm what exactly the change to laser cannon is?

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
My point is that landing SE with traps has always been more effective than Rifles. Always. In the time it takes you to maybe land Burn/Virus on a single enemy with a Rifle, you could have tagged all 3 with a trap, and switched back to a weapon that actually has some DPS. This is most apparent on large mobs becasue higher STA means more shots for a *reliable* tag. STA is eliminated with traps.

Ezodagrom
Feb 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:02, Shishi-O wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-20 10:03 ]</font>

want damage? saber + spinning strike for 1 target, dagger + shunbu and claw + senten are both quite strong.
want other weapons? play other class and stop complaining >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 10:10 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:09, Ezodagrom wrote:

On 2008-02-20 10:02, Shishi-O wrote:

want damage? saber + spinning strike for 1 target, dagger + shunbu and claw + senten are both quite strong.
want other weapons? play other class and stop complaining >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2008-02-20 10:10 ]</font>
well FF are too strong maybe we should drop atp by 600 to make it fair?

not fair ? y? u can just switch classes and stop complaining.

all the new 300%+ pa should be gimped also any if it should be like that then it should be the same across the board then we can all lulz at our gimped nature and we all can take forever killing mobs

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 01:17 PM
my complaining won't do anything anyway, i'll just glitch with my Fg.

to think all this time i was resisiting doing it, god i feel like a dumbass, i could'a had full stax of max meseta.

too many of my friends are gonna laugh at me for this.

moral of the story? cheat it obviously pays

ryvius
Feb 20, 2008, 01:20 PM
Examine why you play the game if all you care about is pathetic shit like this

I-am-Evan
Feb 20, 2008, 01:20 PM
Yes. Guntecher improvements!

Go ST

chibiLegolas
Feb 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-02-20 07:36, physic wrote:
Chikki nerf, thats nice but it seems like no one will use it much its second pas damage is halved. hopefully it has a major decrease in pp cost and increase in pp regen otherwise it will be pretty lame. and sad to say, AF needed it, because they have almost nothing else good for hitting multiple mobs...

Agree. As bad as chikki might be, AF's palette felt a bit limiting to me. And I rely'd on chikki for groups of mobs. Without spears, swords, etc. there's not many options they can have vs. groups of mobs that has a good attack radius, no? I can think of a select few that might work, but nerfing chikki this drastically just seems to be limiting AF's when they're already limited to begin with.

IMO, if chikki gets nerfed this drastically, then I say S rank slicers need a huge boost to help offset the nerf. This way, FiG and FF would be less likely to abuse it.

And I dread the idea of solo'n Mother Brain again as an AF. Without chikki, taking down her arms was a real time drainer, ESPECIALLY since cards can't home in 1/2 the time for some crazy reason. >_>

I-am-Evan
Feb 20, 2008, 01:24 PM
yes please. we are a community not enemies nobody should care about how much harder you can hit than everyone else.
because in the long run.... it doesn't mean shit.
And if you play this game because you want to see how hard your character can hit, take a look at why you play this game. Sorta depressing if thats the case.

PSU is a game it's supposed to be fun, and the point of playing is to have fun not complete with our fellow PSU fan boy brothers.
there's only like a million of us
stick togather

this has nothing to do with Updates... ha

Guntecher!!!! woooo!!!

strikershadow
Feb 20, 2008, 01:24 PM
shishi-0 FTW!

No seriously, remember guys this is sega...

get use to it.

eventually PSU will go down like PSO, and some dumb lobby will be stuck for 6 or so years of the same music... I just hope this time its not christmas lobby "Merry Xmas were gone, have fun kids and listen to xmas music for the rest of your psu life"

strikershadow
Feb 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
wow I-am-evan put that to the point! im impressed. it is dumb to argue bout this stuff. lets talk about ouor accomplishments and how much we hate sega. not bichin who hits the hardest or whose rifle is bigger then whose.

panzer_unit
Feb 20, 2008, 01:30 PM
According to Google Translate:

Rifle skills are getting a boost to element, ATP, ATA, and get knockdown at lv31+ (on all skills, one hopes)... KS 31+ won't cost as much to fire.

Lasers are having their (low skill-level?) element levels increased. Nothing about rate of fire.

Andy1423
Feb 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
Are people on crack when they say it's hard to solo with an Acrofighter??? Maybe now it will be balanced. Too bad for those who rely on overpowered skills and not their ability to be good at a game……..in other words real skill

Inazuma
Feb 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:06, New_One wrote:
Can anyone confirm what exactly the change to laser cannon is?

they are going to raise the elemental %s for laser bullets.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:30, panzer_unit wrote:
According to Google Translate:

Rifle skills are getting a boost to element, ATP, ATA, and get knockdown at lv31+ (on all skills, one hopes)... KS 31+ won't cost as much to fire.

Lasers are having their (low skill-level?) element levels increased. Nothing about rate of fire.

All of that has been changed on the first post already.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2008, 01:37 PM
There is some major facepalming going on in this topic. I really wish people would think about what they were saying before typing, instead of relying on their pride to talk for them.

Anyway, with this Chikki nerf, I may go out and buy the other slicer PA and test it out. I liked it offline, since it played like a slicer is supposed to (quick, sweeping damage, ideal at range) as well as looking somewhat like a slicer is supposed to (Who shoots boomerangs?). Slicer is definately an interesting weapon, now that it isn't mainstream anymore I'd like to see how it can fit into my palette.

I'm also hoping for a major gunner buff. I never liked gunner, but I agree that they need to do something other than apply status. If rifle can apply high damage against a single enemy, and laser do decent damage against a group, it may end up being an interesting class considering everything else it has. Hell, I may even be tempted to try it out myself, despite my gunner loathing.

The guntecher attack tech buff confuses me, though. Isn't the class rather comparible to fortegunner already? I thought the point of the class was to be similar to fG, trading weapons for utility. Isn't this a bit too much utility, compared to the other techer hybrid?

Anyway, I can't wait to hear how well these changes are implemented. Especially that PA leveling one, seeing how rediculous it is to level a non-hunter class's PAs.

The sword buff is also interesting. I've always considered them near useless weapons, ever since using them on EP.1 (before I got online) and comparing them with spears. Maybe now I can at least use Tornado Break every now and then.

Andy1423
Feb 20, 2008, 01:40 PM
Panzer does it say anything more about the specifics of element boost?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-02-20 10:42 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 01:43 PM
Actually, GT has never been comparable to Fortegunner. fGs do a lot more damage than a GT with full buffs on. But I do hear you with the confusion. If only because it seems techs at that level (especially with the TP boost) will sort of outdo what they can do in guns. Fortegunners, well, they did enough damage with some of thier guns to compensate. GTs, on the other hand, it almost can switch the role around to TG at times. Though I think a lot of people would chuckle calling them TGs.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 01:47 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:20, ryvius wrote:
Examine why you play the game if all you care about is pathetic shit like this

pathetic shit like not having to play as a cast fg cus what i like gets gimped? for half the damage?

i was playing for fun now it's not, so i have to improvise

chibiLegolas
Feb 20, 2008, 01:48 PM
Wow. 31+ on rifles will get knock down?
Ok. Even as a long time GT, I say this is way TOO MUCH of a boost for GT. Versatility is one thing, but now our FoG cousins feel left behind, no?
I guess that's just giving us gunners a different type of support. Controlled knock down from a distance? Woo-hoo! Now, is this actually knock-DOWN and not knock-back/up?

But at the same time, I'm SO gonna have fun knocking down those damned cast gunners in AMF/Mother Brain who kept knocking ME down with THEIR rifles. BRING IT!
*pew pew*

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
There's now a good reason to use rifles over bows.

Guntecher needs a higher TP modifier if they want those attack techs to actually be useful, so it's good they're raising that.
Guntecher also should have had S ranks wands a long time ago, as that should be their primary thing in their main hand.
Give them S rank cards... and my current AT, might be changing to Guntecher.

THE JACKEL

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:24, I-am-Evan wrote:
yes please. we are a community not enemies nobody should care about how much harder you can hit than everyone else.
And if you play this game because you want to see how hard your character can hit, take a look at why you play this game. Sorta depressing if thats the case.

PSU is a game it's supposed to be fun, and the point of playing is to have fun not complete with our fellow PSU fan boy brothers.
stick togather

Guntecher!!!! woooo!!!

i'm not sur eif u r talking to me but hear me out.

if i get gimped while everyone else is getting insane power up? how would u feel?

i mainly solo, it is not easy with Af, now it is impossible

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
I do think the knock down is rather nasty. Like I said before. The days of GTs being the last Highly Technical class are coming to and end, for the late game at least. The early game is still work. This update looks to give GTs the kind of boost as if to say, "Please everybody, we want more GTs out there." And thus, we might be getting the power overkill of redundancy that certain other classes got in the past.

Anyway, as a member of the first ever Guntechers, I feel the our slogan "The few, the proud, the Guntecher" might be coming to an end. Not instantly (since beginners will catch the early game and might be turned-off), but I still somehow feel some accomplishment with my dedication to the class when so many others dumped on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 10:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Feb 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
Sorry Andy, they didn't throw any numbers in there about element/atp/ata changes... except Chikki.

I just realized that rifles getting knockdown at 31 totally kills Massei-Sou. There was a longbow PA which was gimped in every way imaginable in order to pack some knockdown... now rifles get it on every skill for free? Hopefully ST notices and does something about that. Give Massei normal stats and rate of fire, penetration (penetrating knockdown would RULE), or something.

For swords, hitting extra targets was mentioned for normal attacks and "skills". Tornado Break will get some love, almost certainly. What about Spinning Break? Gravity? Adding a target to Spinning might not make much difference considering the narrow AOE and the end move already hitting 3. Adding a target to the last move or two of Gravity would be OVER NINE THOUSAND. It has the reach and sweep to make good on it for a huge damage boost.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
why'd they even itroduce acro classes anyway, just get rid of it

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 02:00 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:58, panzer_unit wrote:
Sorry Andy, they didn't throw any numbers in there about element/atp/ata changes... except Chikki.

I just realized that rifles getting knockdown at 31 totally kills Massei-Sou. There was a longbow PA which was gimped in every way imaginable in order to pack some knockdown... now rifles get it on every skill for free? Hopefully ST notices and does something about that. Give Massei normal stats and rate of fire, penetration (penetrating knockdown would RULE), or something.

For swords, hitting extra targets was mentioned for normal attacks and "skills". Tornado Break will get some love, almost certainly. What about Spinning Break? Gravity? Adding a target to Spinning might not make much difference considering the narrow AOE and the end move already hitting 3. Adding a target to the last move or two of Gravity would be OVER NINE THOUSAND. It has the reach and sweep to make good on it for a huge damage boost.

great and the overpowered FF that fucked shyte up for Af gets extra hit s from swords now?...great.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2008, 02:05 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:54, Shishi-O wrote:
if i get gimped while everyone else is getting insane power up? how would u feel?

You just completely ruined any argument you had.

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
Anyone who thinks the GT buff is "too much" needs to take another look at the difference in ATP mods for GT and fG. Seriously, that's the dumbest argument ever. And S-ranks have nothing to do with it, everyone knows that most grinded A-ranks are better anyway (because they're easier to grind, too).

Both classes get Rifles and Laser Cannons, and fG will still be stronger at using them. With that said, what's the freaking problem with GTs gaining more versatility? "Gun" + "Techer" = good at using guns and Technics. "Fortegunner" = really good at using guns. Where's the mystery here?

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 20, 2008, 02:07 PM

stick togather

Guntecher!!!! woooo!!!

i'm not sure if u r talking to me but hear me out.

Are you serious? Impossible? Wow dude, what you need is to stop sucking at this game, which is pretty pathetic considering how easy this game is now. If you suck at this game, I wonder how you'll manage other games that don't spoon feed you.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:05, Zorafim wrote:

people that don't realize AFs have more than slicers, a lot more than slicers, really need to learn how to play better >.>

THE JACKEL

Reipard
Feb 20, 2008, 02:08 PM
Variety and adaptability is the true strength of the GT

I've seen this said about 4 different classes. Seriously, it's only true about the Wartecher and has been like ever. Guntecher's true strength has always been it's weapon selection designed to spread SEs across a large number of mobs. It's a support class. 100% always has been and always will be. Variety shouldn't be it's strength since people who want damage in guns should be Fortegunners and damage in techs should be Fortetechers.

Neither of those should be Guntechers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2008-02-20 11:09 ]</font>

Gunslinger-08
Feb 20, 2008, 02:10 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:07, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

people that don't realize AFs have more than slicers, a lot more than slicers, really need to learn how to play better >.>

THE JACKEL

You're taking away their "automatic win" button. Of course they're gonna be mad.

Funny thing is, i've got a cast AF who doesn't even carry a slicer on her pallet. She does just fine with her superior attack speed and what-not.

The slicer nerf isn't something against those who use them so much as it is a break for everyone else who doesn't.

I think I'm done here.

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:08, Reipard wrote:

Variety and adaptability is the true strength of the GT

I've seen this said about 4 different classes. Seriously, it's only true about the Wartecher and has been like ever. Guntecher's true strength has always been it's weapon selection designed to spread SEs across a large number of mobs. It's a support class. 100% always has been and always will be. Variety shouldn't be it's strength since people who want damage should be Fortegunners and not Guntechers.

They're Guntechers, not Gunstatusproccers or Gunsupporters. Fortegunner can spread SEs just as well as Guntecher, so that argument is pretty moot. There's also the fact that so many classes can use Traps, further obsoleting your idea of GT. Limiting GT to support is severely hindering the potential of the class, IMO. It's designed to be a class with lower ATP than Fortegunner, but makes up the balance with their use of Technics. If they were designed solely for SE application, they'd have unique weapons and exclusive access to Traps.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 02:11 PM

i don't see how but i'll go with what u say, s'not like it's gonna ungimp anyway

BFGfreak
Feb 20, 2008, 02:14 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:07, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

AF's have slicers?!

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:07, Shiroryuu wrote:

stick togather

Guntecher!!!! woooo!!!

i'm not sure if u r talking to me but hear me out.

Are you serious? Impossible? Wow dude, what you need is to stop sucking at this game, which is pretty pathetic considering how easy this game is now. If you suck at this game, I wonder how you'll manage other games that don't spoon feed you.

why would i do that, and not use an overpowered FF, playing as Af is just pointless compared to FF, who still do way too much damage with slicers because of their atp is insane, where they will be unaffected by the gimp, and got the tools for the boss also?

impossible as in i am not spending 30-40 mins doing a run when i can do it in 15-20 with ff

and jackal don't call my skills out.

if u wanna make sense then, why play acro at all, i get better melee weps on ff, a cross, with Fi, better gunz with Fg,......hmmn so what does Af have to offer, only thing unique to them, S-ranked slicers.

i love slicers, and this gimp just killed all my playtime since alluminus released.

why does anyone else besides Af have slicers anyway?

and also ff still uses slicers, so the gimp doesn't harm the offenders, great decision sega.

why not jut take it from non Af?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-20 11:23 ]</font>

ryvius
Feb 20, 2008, 02:17 PM
So switch to fF and shut up?

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
You have near identical stats as an AT, a higher damage output in the form of a faster attack rate, and access to decent weapons. Not to mention, you also have traps and ranged weapons for when melee isn't the best option.

In other words, you're typing words, but they don't spell anything. You're complaining about nothing.

Great, now I'm fueling the facepalmage of this topic...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2008-02-20 11:21 ]</font>

Andy1423
Feb 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
Maybe the sword will start to be in the limelight more often. I love swords, but if I want to be brutaly honest,(at least the way things are now) I should just stick to axes or spears.

Hopefully the sword will rule agian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-02-20 11:22 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
Let's all shut the f up and just content what we got. Not like it going to change.

Sinue_v2
Feb 20, 2008, 02:22 PM
I figured there's be more Wartechers in here wondering where their support buff is now, considering they are now offically the worst techers in the game. But, I guess aside from me and like five other people - everybody already gave up and abandoned the class a LONG fucking time ago.

panzer_unit
Feb 20, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:55, Akaimizu wrote:
Anyway, as a member of the first ever Guntechers, I feel the our slogan "The few, the proud, the Guntecher" might be coming to an end. Not instantly (since beginners will catch the early game and might be turned-off), but I still somehow feel some accomplishment with my dedication to the class when so many others dumped on it.

I never see either of the existing classes with lv30 attack techs making much use of 'em, maybe Sonic Team figures third time is lucky?

Personally, I like seeing GT pick up on their secondary offense. lv30 should make a lot more of the attack techs useful... not that I've seen any evidence one way or the other.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2008, 02:23 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:20, Andy1423 wrote:
Hopefully the sword will start to be in the limelight more often. I love swords, but if I want to be brutaly honest,(at least the way things are now) I should just stick to axes or spears.

Indeed. Swords are my least favorite weapons right now, in terms of looks, stats, and playability. It's an incredible shame that a weapon as unique as it is almost useless.

Shishi-O
Feb 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:17, ryvius wrote:

for that u recieve a fuck u bitch,...happy?

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 02:25 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:24, Shishi-O wrote:

On 2008-02-20 11:17, ryvius wrote:

for that u recieve a fuck u bitch,...happy?

Come on man not that bad...

Cracka_J
Feb 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
homg no FT boosts with this update. Ima go in my bathtub with my pwands, listen to linkin park, cry, then /wrists.

Seriously tho, isn't this like the 2nd gimping of the slicer pa? I know the initial release of chikki never got to US shores, but I remember seeing it doing insane amounts and being toned down within the first few weeks of the jp release. Pretty funny that the players/community/whatever demanded a second gimping of the pa...don't use it myself so whatever.

Sword boost is tight, lots of swords I got collecting dust right now.

GT boost is tight as well. Seriously how many people see a lot of GT's running around anyway. Quit yer bitchin and perhaps try out the class now.

Don't play ranger either, but I'm sure a lot of peeps will be happy about the rifle/cannon boosts.

And the overall pa leveling boost should be a nice bonus.

Seems like a sweet update overall. Some people need to stop takin this shyt so seriously.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 02:28 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:22, panzer_unit wrote:

I never see either of the existing classes with lv30 attack techs making much use of 'em, maybe Sonic Team figures third time is lucky?

Personally, I like seeing GT pick up on their secondary offense. lv30 should make a lot more of the attack techs useful... not that I've seen any evidence one way or the other.

Oh, they'll get used alright. Strong multi-hitting techs are faster to level than the assortment of gun bullets cross-element, required to keep up. Of course, the old GT crew will be slow to adopting a bunch of attack techs due to the long work put into the ones they were levelling and trying to cap those off.

I've already resigned, long ago, to the use of techs like Foie, because even at level 11-20, they actually have times where single mobs take the best damage from them. (eg. lack of traps when dealing with shielded mobs that don't want to take the SEs). But even crazier than that. Stuff like De Roi Le where my best work involved tossing a foie at it when it gets close. Diga is even better, when levelled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 11:30 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 20, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:55, Akaimizu wrote:

I've always thought that GTs were a solid class (post-AoI), and I think the addition of Lvl 30 techs is fair given their "just ok" TP mod. However, S rank wands does not fit the bill. I feel like ST crossed a line there. Its just a bit too much of the "techer" in Guntecher standing out.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 02:31 PM
The GTs wont feel the power of S rank wands instantly. Not until they take on a true advantage to the A ranks. Right now, they're sort of like Bows. Unfairly priced high at S rank (just for looks), but having the majority of them still mediocre in the face of much easier to obtain and afford, high grinded A ranks.

I think some people did find them solid, post-AOI. Definitely not overpowered, post-AOI; but tons of people still continued to dump on them post-AOI. I haven't seen the real numbers yet, and how they'll work in real application. I do know that the original AOI buff did indeed secretly power up GT attack techs strangely close to a lot of their bullet damage. However, the class has 2nd lowest HP and bad defense and evasion. That alone might keep them from over-reaching tech use without a good support of their guns. (At least for the new GTs, that haven't had a long time of conditioning to certain PA levels that were needed for them)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 11:36 ]</font>

Xaeris
Feb 20, 2008, 02:33 PM
Lulz @ everyone bawwing/cheering over Chikki. Choutou isn't that much less broken; it was just in Chikki's shadow all this time. The only real change here is that now, I might actually have to aim to hit what I want to kill.

Andy1423
Feb 20, 2008, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot. Probably the best part of the update, FASTER LEVELING BULLETS....there is a PSU GOD AFTER ALL......Hallelujah!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy1423 on 2008-02-20 11:35 ]</font>