PDA

View Full Version : Acrotechers and Wartechers

GuardianElite
Feb 20, 2008, 05:28 AM
could give a shit...

Leahcim
Feb 20, 2008, 05:28 AM
How do you feel about Guntechers recent Teching boost? They now have the same attack tech cap as us and S rank Wands. How does that make you feel?

Discuss

mvffin
Feb 20, 2008, 05:31 AM
doesn't matter. only FT matters for techs now. GT keeps getting better and better, and it feels to me like its still not good enough. =

Arada
Feb 20, 2008, 05:31 AM
It's a good thing.

Dragwind
Feb 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
I think its pretty neat for GT's, especially the newearls.

I really hope you guys aren't bawwwwing over this, thats just childish. =

This isn't a LOLHYBRID TECHER COMPETITION.

On a side note - xbow + ra-techs. Fucking win.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragwind on 2008-02-20 03:37 ]</font>

Midicronica
Feb 20, 2008, 06:59 AM
I still think using TECHs on a Guntecher is very 'lol'. The upcoming boost in attack TECHNICs doesn't matter much to me, seeing as my GT is a CAST. I'll save the TECH spamming for my Acrotecher.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 07:26 AM
our tp isnt exactly that good, though i have no idea how much tp is being buffed I'm am 100% positive AT will still be on top of tp by a long shot. I think its more for something to do against bullet resistant enemies.

Btw, I do hope you WT get a support spell buff >.> 20 doesn't cut it ; ;

SATatami
Feb 20, 2008, 07:27 AM
On 2008-02-20 03:20, Dragwind wrote:

On a side note - Regrants + Zagenga. Fucking win.

Fixed. :3

Satyricon
Feb 20, 2008, 09:08 AM
[b]

Btw, I do hope you WT get a support spell buff >.> 20 doesn't cut it ; ;

Indeed.

Dhylec
Feb 20, 2008, 09:24 AM
GT is suddenly became more powerful in the Tech dept. It'd be a sign that other techers are too popular, so ST wanna give GT a bit more appeal. ;]

Sinue_v2
Feb 20, 2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/classic-hulk-statue.jpg

I don't get it. If ST was worried about balancing the difference between damage output - wouldn't it have made more sense to make the GT lvl 30ATK/20SUP and WT 20ATK/30SUP from the get go? Not only would GT get the boost in damage, but most offensive techs are ranged to begin with. WT's being front and center with decent HP, DEF, and EVA put them in an ideal position to support and take a load off of the FTs so they can nuke.

It's not like WT was a really popular class before, and I doubt this boost in attack techs is going to convert many people to GT. I just fail to see what the point in this adjustment was for. And what's the deal with the lvl requirements for the classes still being GT RA5/FO3 & WT HU3/FO5 if Wartecher is now offically the worst techer in the game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-02-20 08:05 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2008, 11:01 AM
How does that make us feel? The same as it always has. This is no competition. I'm glad GTs got that boost. Level 20 attack techs aren't as useful as level 20 support techs. I would like to see WTs get a boost in support techs (and possibly S rank Madoogs!).

TQS
Feb 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
Its a nice Boost for Guntechers. Personally I don't care much for the tech boost and it would have been better if they got S rank cards instead of wands. What i am really hoping is that maybe Wartechers can get A rank axes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sekani
Feb 20, 2008, 12:41 PM
S-rank wands? Fine.
Level 30 attack techs? Well, they can do something against bullet-resistant enemies now, so fine.

I have one concern, but I need to make sure I have my info correct before I bring it up.

chu-chu-chu
Feb 20, 2008, 12:46 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:41, Sekani wrote:
I have one concern, but I need to make sure I have my info correct before I bring it up.

OOOOOOO!!!

Exciting!

thebummers
Feb 20, 2008, 01:07 PM
This update just makes WTs look even weaker in comparison to all other techers.

Guildenstern
Feb 20, 2008, 01:26 PM
Congrats to GT, they needed some extra shinies. Kind of brings GT in line with WT a little bit: 10/40/30/30 and 30/20/30/20 is a perfect distribution of skills between GT and WT.

In before WTs crying about the support TECH cap.

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2008, 02:27 PM
On 2008-02-20 09:41, Sekani wrote:
S-rank wands? Fine.
Level 30 attack techs? Well, they can do something against bullet-resistant enemies now, so fine.

Are you saying you have to NERDFIRM something first?!?!?!

Matic
Feb 20, 2008, 02:35 PM
On 2008-02-20 10:07, thebummers wrote:
This update just makes WTs look even weaker in comparison to all other techers.

How so? I'm not seeing it.

MSAksion
Feb 20, 2008, 03:00 PM
YES i'd rather see S rank CARDs on a Gt not an S wand. I use the last 3 techs my FT hasn't gotten to 21+ on my Guntecher and very sparringly.

This makes no sense - GUNTECHER is in the rear lines and thus needs the lvl 30 SUPPORT to reach the frontlines. The WARTECHER needs only lvl 20 because they already are right there for quick healing.

Easy to stop shooting - to heal frontlines from rear lines
Hard to stop slashing - to heal frontlines from the frontlines.

Plus a Guntecher can run up to the frontlines quickly buff and heal then retreat to a safe spot to continue shooting. I want the Wartechers up front to not stop their assault and let fast acting guntechers in the rear do all the healing =/

Bottom line this S rank WAND thing doesn't make sense >__> I use 3* Batnaras for buff / debuff still and a magical wand for healing =/

Sinue_v2
Feb 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
But it takes less time for a WT to stop slashing than it does for a GT to stop shooting and run into the epicenter of combat... and even with lvl 40 support, the displacement between the center of combat and the extended range from casting on the sidelines doesn't match up. It's going to have more effective coverage when cast from within the frontlines.

I don't really see the PA animation as a huge deterrance, as most PA animations don't take that long to finish unless you start the next hit. While you're in the PA animation, you can begin swapping your pallet so that as soon as the animation ends - your wand/MAG is ready. It only becomes a hinderance if you're on a slow internet connection and the server doesn't recognize the switch right away - but, you would have that problem on any teching class as well.

As for S-Rank wands, I agree it makes no sense. However, as it is now - Srank wands aren't really much to get excited over anyhow. They're basically just for decoration.

Sekani
Feb 20, 2008, 03:18 PM
Guntechers can equip an S-rank in their right hand now and it somehow makes no sense? Buh?!

DoubleJG
Feb 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
GTs should be happy..

It's cool, but maaan I'm going to start craving 30attack techs on my AT very soon. Thankfully I'm enjoying FT right now and love shooting meteors and sparkling fireballs while others can still only shoot little rocks and puffs of smoke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Abashi76
Feb 20, 2008, 04:05 PM
On 2008-02-20 02:28, Leahcim wrote:
How do you feel about Guntechers recent Teching boost? They now have the same attack tech cap as us and S rank Wands. How does that make you feel?

Discuss

Kool, my 2nd char is a GT-Newearl. Can't wait to start leveling her. I wish that RAmarl costume would come out soon... Until then, I'll level my techs on my FT-Newearl. I wuv Newearls, played them since PSO DC.