PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an EVENT!! EXCITING YAY (someone else can do it, I

TheFonz
Feb 20, 2008, 10:00 AM
Alright, I just came up with some idea for an event and I'd love to participate in it, just not host it. So for any hosts interested, here's the info!

Requirement

4 - 8 Photon Gacha's
1,000 - 10,000 meseta (Depending on amount of participants)
2 Friends to help out.

The Event
-- What the host has to do --

Basically the host of the event will place 4 - 8 Gacha's in their room and place either 1 - 3 FANTASTIC ITEMS in one or two of the Gacha's and a ton of crappy items (Important: The host does not Advertise which Gacha has those Prizes - the whole point is to make it harder for the player). The host then prices all Gacha Spins at 1 meseta. The Host locks the room.

-- What the participants have to do --

This can be a team based game or a solo game. The players are given an obscure clue(s) by the Host and their job is to find the Host's friends (who can be anywhere - in a lobby or in a specially named mission). Once a Friend has been found, the team/player are given Two numbers for the door code. Finding the other friend gives the team/player the final two numbers.

Once the code has been gained, they can enter the Host's room. It is a requirement that ALL players must have absolutely no Meseta on them prior to entering the Host's room. The Host gives each player entered exactly 100 Meseta, meaning they have 100 tries to get the ULTIMATE prize out of the Gacha.

The winner is...: The first person to get the ULTIMATE PRIZE from the Gacha. They get to keep the item as the reward!

-- Additional Ideas --

- Instead of the Friend's simply giving 2 digits of the code away, they can give another Riddle (i.e. "A Green day of Gifts and Merriness!" The riddle is referring to Christmas so the answer could either be: 25 (day) 12 (month) or a sum of both (25 - 12 = 13; 25 + 12 = 37); Just to give a little more depth.

- Have more than 1 prize in different Gacha's, so at least there can be 1st, 2nd and 3rd places etc.

- Have 4 Friends, each Friend gives one digit of the Code; Just to make the Event last longer.

So whaddya think? Would someone Host this? And if someone did, would anyone participate it in? Any criticisms and/or more ideas are welcome!

chaostroop3
Feb 20, 2008, 10:29 AM
sounds fun but mabey the host should give a clue as well to find the 1st friend and the 1st friend find the 2nd friend, and make the prices like 15k cuz you kno someone gona come i with 1m or something

TheFonz
Feb 20, 2008, 10:35 AM
On 2008-02-20 07:29, chaostroop3 wrote:
sounds fun but mabey the host should give a clue as well to find the 1st friend and the 1st friend find the 2nd friend, and make the prices like 15k cuz you kno someone gona come i with 1m or something

Thanks for the comments and idea, could definitely work! It would make things less confusing using your idea where the first friend gives a clue to find the 2nd friend, but that might make things a bit linear and one dimensional. I like the idea of non-linearity where teams can choose who to find first, splitting up rival players and not having all teams going down one route.

As for the money, Players aren't allowed to bring any Meseta with them when entering the Host's room and can only use Meseta given to them by the Host. The Host can check the players status, and if they're caught cheating (i.e. Having millions on them) they'd get the swift boot out of the room and a Disqualification!

chaostroop3
Feb 20, 2008, 10:48 AM
thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif , but you know thares going to be some mean (bad word here) that will keep comeing in till you dont notic him and continue till they get the super rare item =/ geuss its up to the host thogh lol

o ya and i ment a confuseing riddle that could mean many places (ex in a place where the relaxing water sooths the pain away) that could mean the beach hot spring ect............AND mabey the person could move at times to make a extra twist

im a genius

TheFonz
Feb 20, 2008, 12:23 PM
On 2008-02-20 07:48, chaostroop3 wrote:
thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif , but you know thares going to be some mean (bad word here) that will keep comeing in till you dont notic him and continue till they get the super rare item =/ geuss its up to the host thogh lol

To avoid that, anyone who cheats even once (i.e. Comes into the room with lotsa meseta) gets blacklisted by the Host. That would mean the person would no longer be able to get to the Host's room (until they are taken off the b-list). Plus the room is going to be locked, so only people participating in the event will be able to get in (once they find the two friends)

o ya and i ment a confuseing riddle that could mean many places (ex in a place where the relaxing water sooths the pain away) that could mean the beach hot spring ect............AND mabey the person could move at times to make a extra twist

im a genius

An interesting idea! Might piss some of the players off (especially if one of the friend's keep moving) but otherwise it's a good way to make the Event harder and last longer!

strikershadow
Feb 20, 2008, 12:44 PM
i read the first few sentences and when he said "there will be 3 boxes and something good in one and crap in the other" i thought he was going to say that game at the carnival wherethe guy places a quarter under the cup and moves them around and you have to guess what cup its in, but you get to keep the prize LOL. and i got dissapointed, but then when i heard it was more of a hide and seek thing that sounds pretty interesting.

I think for it to work we would need more then one host. a host at each of the person whose hiding too. and im also thinking hout about teams of 4, that way each player has one number of the password to the room of the main host. so you find the first person, they give there clue and tell you there number.

now this is another little twist, the first person on each team is on the same server, lets just say server 1 to make it simple. when you find the first person, they go my number is 9 this is my clue. 9 is the first digit of the password of the door and the second person would be hidden on server nine.

LOl or you can be cruel and just give them the 4 numbers and let them keep trying different combinations till someone finally gets it LOL

Kudos to the guy who thought this up. theres my 2 cents. id like to do this regardless how ya do it tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheFonz
Feb 21, 2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks! Not gettin much attention this Dx so is there no one who would like to host something like this?!

_Bokomaster_
Feb 21, 2008, 03:57 PM
I would host it if I had the gacha's

SolRiver
Feb 21, 2008, 05:50 PM
If people actually got an ultra rare to give out... maybe. =X

Hosting this kind of event is always about funding, and I don't think PSU is at a stage where people would want to give out charity.

So the solution for that is probably "participation fee". For some meseta you can have a chance to gain 100x back or something similar.