PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles

MinervaEros
Feb 20, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hey, remember these?

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/game_more_ride01.png

Do they exist ANYwhere in online mode? There was so much hype about them before the game came out, and so far I've only seen each once in offline story mode.

Kanju
Feb 20, 2008, 03:50 PM
The Floaders were used in 1up. Other than that, none of them appear in online mode.

Anduril
Feb 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
I believe the new Event JPN is getting soon is going to make use of one of them, though it may have just been an idea they had that won't pan out.

Inazuma
Feb 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
the floader was briefly used in an event, but thats it. i was really excited about these and its a huge shame that sonic team doesnt use em. id love to have regular missions that involve the use of vehicles.

EspioKaos
Feb 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
Actually, the upcoming Japanese Dengeki Mission Carnival will have a mission that uses airboards for races. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anduril
Feb 20, 2008, 03:54 PM
On 2008-02-20 12:52, EspioKaos wrote:
Actually, the upcoming Japanese Dengeki Mission Carnival will have a mission that uses airboards for races. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That sounds fun. I just hope it doesn't handle like Sonic Riders...

MinervaEros
Feb 20, 2008, 03:54 PM
I agree,
the offline mission that used a floader was really fun

thanks for the quick responses everybody.

Green_Bandit
Feb 20, 2008, 03:57 PM
As was said before the floaders were used. I really don't miss them. They were a brief diversion from the mission which was cool. The birds and tanks were just not that fun. At least with the floaders once the chips were collected you could briefly act out Mario Kart...

pionear
Feb 20, 2008, 11:29 PM
Floaders was used...

And I guess ST is figuring a way how to incorporate the Tanks and Dragons in the Online game...

Libram
Feb 21, 2008, 12:09 AM
PvP with tanks? Get a boss area like Maggas's, put a tank on each side, and let everyone go at it. You could even put a couple Lungas in there to cause the tanks some trouble.

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 12:53 AM
It's not the first time stuff like this has happened. Go play a RO private server and summon Zombie Dragon, a monster that was shown in it's preview. Prepare for crashed game since it doesn't exist fully.

It's not like we need vehicles anyways, the time it takes for me to walk from one spot to the next isn't that bad. Why would we need vehicles unless it was an actual MMO with connecting maps and spawns?

Reipard
Feb 21, 2008, 12:58 AM
Eh, they'd be fun. I think. I hope?

Weeaboolits
Feb 21, 2008, 01:06 AM
I remember the way they made it sound before it came out, I thought we'd be riding around on tanks to get from point A to point B and such, that woulda' been awesome.

Also, I had completely forgotten Lungas even existed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-02-20 22:07 ]</font>

darkante
Feb 21, 2008, 01:40 AM
Lol would be neat to use under a mission where this big monster/boss runs and chases you but you canīt do shit to it, you have to avoid its attacks it dishes out..and you are driving towards you so you actually see the monster/boss in the background.
Until at the end where it smashes itself unto some objects and then you are stuck in a arena kinda place where you you jump off it and start to have the fight.

You still canīt dmg it but you can stun it with your regular melee/ranged/tech attacks if you have inflicted a certain amount of punishment and it changes element how it choose fit..and the boss is even more lethal now.
When you get it eventually stunned, you have 30 seconds to get back to the vehicle and charge a huge blast with the vehicle which does a huge amount of dmg upon release on it.
If you donīt get there in time, he will make everyone die and loose a scape doll and you have lost the chance to dmg it temporarily.

Depending on difficulty, the amount of charges needed to be released increases/decreases to defeat it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-02-20 22:55 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Feb 21, 2008, 01:46 AM
I dont know, did you guys play story mode? They were horrible. Pass on vehicles please.

Kanju
Feb 21, 2008, 01:49 AM
On 2008-02-20 22:46, D1ABOLIK wrote:
I dont know, did you guys play story mode? They were horrible. Pass on vehicles please.

I don't know. Floaders were a nice diversion, despite having bad controls. Throw all that other crap away.

easy
Feb 21, 2008, 09:16 AM
i want Vehicles plz

darkboi66
Feb 21, 2008, 07:24 PM
Floaders are awesome, i think they should be fully customizable though, those bird things (i forget what they are called) didnt appeal to me much.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 21, 2008, 08:03 PM
it'd be so much fun to chase a Dimma through a canyon like Laia does in the opening vid for Ep. 2, with one person driving and the other one on the back, shooting at him with a rifle.

Sinue_v2
Feb 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
those bird things (i forget what they are called) didnt appeal to me much.

Lungas. They look like plucked chocobos with down syndrome imo. I dunno who should be flogged harder. The artist who drew up the concept for them, or the asshole who thought they looked good enough to be in the finished game.

SStrikerR
Feb 21, 2008, 08:41 PM
I played offline...Lungas=Fail
Tanks=Pain in the ass and boring. (although 1 shotting bil de vears was fun.=D)
Floaders=Just...boring.

Helly
Feb 21, 2008, 09:17 PM
Vehicles were the only good thing in episode 1.

pikachief
Feb 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
On 2008-02-20 22:49, Kanju wrote:

On 2008-02-20 22:46, D1ABOLIK wrote:

I don't know. Floaders were a nice diversion, despite having bad controls. Throw all that other crap away.

DONT LISTEN TO HIM! HE USES BARTA!

and has a pic of a character that appears once or maybe twice in the whole game

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 21, 2008, 09:53 PM
From the looks of that picture that tank is pretty much a very large mobile grenade launcher. I don't remember exactly how it worked in offline mode though (it was so long ago).

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 21, 2008, 11:17 PM
From what I remember of playing the Story of Ethan Weber excuse for interviewees to say PSU appealed to the offline gaming crowd as well as online...

Floaders were pointless and tacked-on. Even though they're not very fast (unless you pick up these stupid icons, THIS AINT MATIO KART!!), they handle like shit. I coulda sworn they handled better online during the 1-up Cup though, but that just coulda been me being used to the handling. I pretended to be playing Asteroids with an unarmed triangle to help me get through. Oh yeah, and collision detection on walls is rather iffy. Also, UNARMED = FAIL.

Lungas, what the hell were they thinking with this uninspired Oddworld reject? I forget how they handled in battle (weren't you better off just dismounting, fighting and then remounting?), but you don't get to stay on them for a very long time unless you find...icons that are hidden within destructible trees. I forget if all the trees had them, but come on. The icon hunting just slows things down.

Strikers. Tanks are meant to give off a great feeling of joy, for they are the big, heavy ground-pounding mobile platforms of death, destruction and sometimes MAYHEM (which of course are fodder compared to most any large futuristic bipedal machine but let's not go there here). But these tanks...oh gods...these things are shit! Piles of shit that come outta my ass after eating suicide wings and washing them down with hotsauce! These things are big and heavy and can destroy bears with their turret, but that's all they have. They actually could have been halfway decent diversions from the monotony of normal play, but without a rotating turret there's hardly any point in considering it a tank at all, not to mention any point in using them at all! Considering that they're big and clunky (as many forms of tank should be), they NEED a rotating turret so they could at least be deadly in the hands of a skilled user! And that's not even the worst part. The camera destroys any potential they could have had for being fun. There's nothing like driving around WHEN YOU CAN ONLY SEE ABOUT TWO FEET IN FRONT OF YOU! This is because of the stupidass way the camera is situated. Yeah, you can adjust the camera so that you can actually see where the fuck you're going, but as soon as you let go of the camera control that dumb-shit camera auto-moves right back to its default heading so you once again can't see shit! The camera alone turns them from mediocre to SHIT.

...now, if they can at least POLISH these turds somewhat, maybe they'd be fun to use online!

Gunslinger-08
Feb 21, 2008, 11:27 PM
O_O Damn. While I didn't like the bird, I don't think they were all as bad as you say...