PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea about weapons

Anduril
Feb 20, 2008, 04:04 PM
Now I know this will never, ever happen, but I was thinking to myself: "Why can't we pick which hand to put our One-handed weapons in?" I personally think this would be a great way for people to customize their play styles.
Now my idea isn't like you put a saber in both hands and get a Twin Saber, more like you put two sabers and get a saber with one PA and another with another, both only useable by switching to the appropraite hand, like we do with a saber/handgun combo. (ie. Saber+Saber=/=Twin Saber, Saber+Saber=Saber+Off-hand Saber)
I think this would be a good idea, especially with Rangers so they can have two different elemental bullets equiped without having to shift to a different pallette space, and even with Hunters, especially when facing off against mixed element mobs. I think it would be nice, what do you guys think of the idea?

EDIT: Edited for clarity, and removal of long block of text.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-02-20 13:21 ]</font>

MinervaEros
Feb 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
I agree. Pre-AOI I kept wanting to put a wand in my left hand. Thankfully they came out with Tech-mags.

Ive had the same idea before. It would allow a lot more options if they let you pair whatever you want with whatever you want. Two mixed sabers and twin sabers. Mixed handguns as twin guns. Also, I would prefer to equip two Tech-mags rather than a mag and a wand... but i guess thats being a bit picky.

Randomness
Feb 20, 2008, 04:17 PM
Hmmm... Xbow and Mechs (or cards, for GT) in one palette space would be neat, or even just dual crossbows...

EDIT:You would have some downright idiots running around with dual Ebrozikes or something and thinking they were being useful party members though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-02-20 13:20 ]</font>

Garanz-Baranz
Feb 20, 2008, 04:19 PM
o.o this would be useful for things like Twin Crossbows, or something.

You can LOL at the ultimate AFK Autofollow Weapon! Twin Shadoog! :3

SStrikerR
Feb 20, 2008, 04:50 PM
Twin crossbows would pwn if you had an ice in one hand and burn in the other. freeze em, burn em, watch em die.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2008, 04:53 PM
Not really. They could already PWN in that manner. It's no battle advantage simply to have two different bullets in both sides of a single pallette entry. That is, except taking up less pallette space.

Heck, you see me doing that with Twin handguns. Just two different pallette positions. I can apply Twin Mayalee in a round, and immediately do the other bullet, right afterwards. Or any combination of the elements. I'm a fast flipper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-20 13:55 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Feb 20, 2008, 05:00 PM
Been thinking this since the game launched. >_>

It isn't gamebreaking since you can still only use one one hander at a time, it's just a bit more convenient.

Want to know my opinion on why they didn't give this option? The code (or ST's laziness) probably doesn't allow for mirroring PA movements correctly. For instance, when you use a saber PA, the code might instruct movement of the right arm specifically, not necessarily the hand it is being held in in general, etc.

IsoDonk
Feb 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
I think it's a question of balance. Who would use Tech-MAGs when you have a more powerful wand to use in that hand instead? Also single pistols are a bit more powerful than their dual equivalents, thus making duals obsolete as a result.

It's a great idea, but there's definitely more to it than just laziness.

RACast_Raiden
Feb 20, 2008, 05:19 PM
On 2008-02-20 13:50, Ryan113 wrote:
Twin crossbows would pwn if you had an ice in one hand and burn in the other. freeze em, burn em, watch em die.

Craziest Idea ever...(Ididn't know you can freeze them while burning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif)

I would give you credit if it wasn't burn...
Freeze =/= Burn
Freeze = Virus

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 20, 2008, 05:23 PM
It would make RCSM's actually useful to gunner classes. Since guns are equipped in the left hand or both it makes no sense to give gunners RCSM's. I can see GT maybe but there's better guns to be put in the left hand (xbow, card, mechgun).

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2008-02-20 14:24 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2008, 05:37 PM
On 2008-02-20 14:19, RACast_Raiden wrote:

On 2008-02-20 13:50, Ryan113 wrote:

Craziest Idea ever...(Ididn't know you can freeze them while burning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif)

I would give you credit if it wasn't burn...
Freeze =/= Burn
Freeze = Virus

Better yet would be an elec and a ground Xbow
Shock + silence = useless
I already loved my shock Xbow + deva silence combo

Anyways, when I first heard of PSU way, way back, and they were saying stuff like dual wield, it's exactly what I thought it would be like. Except, two sabers would equal twin sabers etc. But I thought I could do a claw/dagger combo, and soooo wanted to.

THE JACKEL

pionear
Feb 20, 2008, 11:47 PM
Well, maybe if you could pick which hand to equip a weapon...

And maybe if you can add/decrease ATP/ATA when using certain weapons in each hand...

I-am-Evan
Feb 20, 2008, 11:51 PM
I should be able to dual wield crossbows and fire both of them at the same time

killer.

but this is a pretty "crazy" idea...

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 12:45 AM
Hey, let me put two claws on. Oh wait.

Billy960
Feb 21, 2008, 12:58 AM
On 2008-02-20 14:00, RegulusHikari wrote:
Want to know my opinion on why they didn't give this option? The code (or ST's laziness) probably doesn't allow for mirroring PA movements correctly. For instance, when you use a saber PA, the code might instruct movement of the right arm specifically, not necessarily the hand it is being held in in general, etc.

Thats just a matter of making an animation for when the weapon is in your left hand though. Honestly I don't really see the point though. Its mostly just a matter of making things slightly more convenient. Also being able to do things like put a Saber in each hand WOULD be broken. There would have to be some kind of delay between using one hand and another otherwise you would get into the whole using the 1st part of 1 PA and the 2nd part of another.

Xefi
Feb 21, 2008, 01:49 AM
great idea. i don't mind having being able to equip crossbow on right and left hand; virus on my right and freeze on left or dual machine guns for the excitement. LOL.

icewyrm
Feb 21, 2008, 09:43 AM
What I've always wanted, is for two handed guns and melee weapons to have 2 PA slots. I mean, wands get 4, rods get 2. Is there any reason why a 2 handed melee weapon (sword, knuckles, rifle, grenade launcher for example) couldn't have 2 PA slots? It wouldn't unbalance anything, it wouldn't inconvienience anybody, it would just avoid the need to spend time screwing around in menus if you need to switch fighting style/elements.

It'd be great fun to tornado break into a crowd of monsters then spinning strike into a miniboss without having to change weapon or bugger around in menus, or shoot a group of fire mobs with an ice nade then a different group of earth mobs with a lightning shot. It'd make gameplay more fun and varied, and let people use their PAs more and spam the same one over and over less.

Well, that's what I think anyways.