PDA

View Full Version : On a more serious note... About the PA leveling speed...

Poncho_Jr
Feb 20, 2008, 08:28 PM
What do you guys actually think about that?
To the people who've been here since the beginning, do you think it's actually fair?
Newcomers get boosted exp, drops, AND PA leveling speeds???
Not to mention cheap cheap cheap things.
Sega should rethink how the distribute this...
The PA leveling increase should take effect once the character has reached a certain level. Maybe around the 80+ range just to be fair.
Discussion open...

Jeff25
Feb 20, 2008, 08:31 PM
I have no problems with it. Why would you want new people to suffer through problems that shouldn't have existed to begin with. I find it kind of exciting, actually.

Hikage818
Feb 20, 2008, 08:34 PM
I dont have a problem with it, sure ive maxed my first char on lvls nd PAs, but ive moved on to my second and am looking forward to the job being easier

also, no point in it kicking in after a certain level, most of the new players started BEFORE the winter event and got their first char at least past that level

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 08:34 PM
I'm happy for the change.

To find people actually opposed to this.. it's mind boggling. Can you folks be any more condescending?

If it isn't new players with underleveled PA's, it's ne wplayers with too many leveled PAs?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/uhrrr.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 20, 2008, 08:36 PM
Be nice for those difficult-to-level PA's like AD (both dugrega and absolute) and bullets; one of the things that always turned me off gunners was how long their bullets took to level. Though it IS slightly unfair that newbies can take advantage of all this off the bat. Back in my day....*old man rant that has no relevance*

Poncho_Jr
Feb 20, 2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not opposed to it...
For the people who worked hard for there levels. Think about all the time you wasted, when you can easily get them up faster when this update takes place. I'm happy it's coming out... It came out too got damn late. D:

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 08:41 PM
hindsight is 20/20 ;3

Sexy_Raine
Feb 20, 2008, 08:55 PM
I have no problems with it for Bullets, or skills. But for techs, Sega has already nerfed the difficulty of leveling techs got a speed boost.

I hope damn 1-2 monthers don't eeeeevvvverrrrrr come near my techs level after the effort I put for mines. They shold suffer the same as long-time techers did. This change wouldn't even convince people to have techs alts anyway,

Edgard
Feb 20, 2008, 09:15 PM
Fucking SEGA... not only are noobs getting to lv 120 in 1 month, S ranks up the ass in 2 months, but now they'll level all the pa's in 1 month when it took me a year to get them all past 31....

SEGA is forgetting the defenition of an MMORPG.... The reason I play PSU is to pass time, i.g. always have something to do in the game... If SEGA keeps this up, PSU is going to turn into those games that you can finish in like 2 weeks...

thats truly sad... now everyone is going to be level 120 & level 40 pa's....

then what was the point of playing for more than a year now? If anyone can join at this moment and catch up to me in 1 month?

Poncho_Jr
Feb 20, 2008, 09:21 PM
To above posters. Exactly my point.
But then again, I don't wanna completely trash the new players. They can have have a little boost to an extent.
But as stated before, to the players who aactually worked for all their goodies, it wont be really fair...
And with the S Ranks... I checked for a [B] Viper. And saw one for 5K. O.O O.O O.O
Talk about destroying the value of that weapon. D:

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 09:22 PM
Wow. Just... wow.

Jeff25
Feb 20, 2008, 09:31 PM
I can't believe this. I can understand being a little jealous, but you people are taking it too far. That is how online games like this work. Things slowly get fixed over time until its a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Theres no reason anyone should waste hundreds of hours of their life to find a rare weapon in a videogame, or reach a high enough level that people will accept you in their party. Ugh...

bahk
Feb 20, 2008, 09:33 PM
Amazing. We don't even know how much the increase will be and yet you're already crying about it.

stukasa
Feb 20, 2008, 09:34 PM
I'm looking forward to the boost. I have three characters--a techer, a gunner, and a fighter--so I still have tons of PAs to level even after a year of playing. Bullets are definitely the worst though! x3

ShuttleXpC
Feb 20, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, while were at it...no one thats new can use any of the S rank weapons, or armors. In fact, all the new people can only equip B rank stuff and not use any advanced classes.

Seriously, are you listening to yourself TC?

Xaeris
Feb 20, 2008, 09:35 PM
While I wish I could be surprised at the degree of pettiness in this thread like you guys, I don't find it shocking. Some people just can't be happy if they don't have anyone underneath them.

To those of you bawwing, think of it this way; if you've had your PAs leveled since each of them came out, you've had the benefit of using them at full strength all this time. Take that as your comfort.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaeris on 2008-02-20 18:37 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Honestly, I've always felt this game was meant to be way more casual than your typical MMO. The fact is, the way things level now, it hardly feels casual. Yet I can't get myself to run many more than like 5 missions in one sitting, MAX.

I'm glad things will be easier to level. And you know, I've been back for almost a month, starting at 110, and I'm still only 119. It's only people that play all the time that level and cap things quickly.

THE JACKEL

Poncho_Jr
On 2008-02-20 18:31, Jeff25 wrote:
I can't believe this. I can understand being a little jealous, but you people are taking it too far. That is how online games like this work. Things slowly get fixed over time until its a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Theres no reason anyone should waste hundreds of hours of their life to find a rare weapon in a videogame, or reach a high enough level that people will accept you in their party. Ugh...

Welcome to PSU. <.<
Besides... it's not wasting hours playing the game. I'd rather play games than watch Tv all day.

BUT... it's wasting hours when we could've had them easily leveled after this update. THAT's wasted hours.

Poncho_Jr
Feb 20, 2008, 09:37 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:34, ShuttleXpC wrote:
Yeah, while were at it...no one thats new can use any of the S rank weapons, or armors. In fact, all the new people can only equip B rank stuff and not use any advanced classes.

Seriously, are you listening to yourself TC?

I'm sure lots of new people can look at the advanced class pallets, and then figure out what they should get beforehand. <.<
I did. O.O

ShuttleXpC
Feb 20, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry, just realized you were part of the PSU Police, please don't take me in officimer =p.

Poncho_Jr
Feb 20, 2008, 09:43 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:42, ShuttleXpC wrote:
I'm sorry, just realized you were part of the PSU Police, please don't take me in officimer =p.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif XD

Seriously though, all I have to say left, is they did this too late, and should've fixed at the start. It's nice they're trying to help out the newcomers.
When we started, we only had Dragon runs and C ranks. D:

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:43, Poncho_Jr wrote:

Seriously though, all I have to say left, is they did this too late, and should've fixed at the start. It's nice they're trying to help out the newcomers.

And when America started we only had horse drawn carriages... I demand anyone born today not be allowed to use a car or any new technology, until they themselves develop it!

As things progress, new stuff is added, old stuff is changed. Some for better, some for worse. This is the natural progression of things in anything. Life today is a lot easier than it was back in the 18th century. And PSU today is a lot easier for newbies than it was a year ago.

THE JACKEL

JarinKail
Feb 20, 2008, 09:50 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:15, Edgard wrote:
Fucking SEGA... not only are noobs getting to lv 120 in 1 month, S ranks up the ass in 2 months, but now they'll level all the pa's in 1 month when it took me a year to get them all past 31....

SEGA is forgetting the defenition of an MMORPG.... The reason I play PSU is to pass time, i.g. always have something to do in the game... If SEGA keeps this up, PSU is going to turn into those games that you can finish in like 2 weeks...

then what was the point of playing for more than a year now? If anyone can join at this moment and catch up to me in 1 month?

You're an idiot.

Poncho_Jr
Feb 20, 2008, 09:50 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:47, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

And when America started we only had horse drawn carriages... I demand anyone born today not be allowed to use a car or any new technology, until they themselves develop it!

As things progress, new stuff is added, old stuff is changed. Some for better, some for worse. This is the natural progression of things in anything. Life today is a lot easier than it was back in the 18th century. And PSU today is a lot easier for newbies than it was a year ago.

THE JACKEL

That statement is entirely true.
But why do they take soooooo long to fix mistakes? I thought ST were professionals. <.<

Mewnie
Feb 20, 2008, 09:57 PM
Well, developers get stuck in a certain mindset. Hate to say it, but they can and do make mistakes.

This was one of those things where, in the beginning, they thought it was a good idea. But after player feedback, and some dataming, it turned out
it was a stupid idea.

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2008, 10:01 PM
You're not a "veteran" or "superior" because your ID number is lower than someone else's. Get over yourselves. The whiny baby-boomer generation was a few decades ago, you're a little late.

Since Sega evidently isn't going to advertise, they're going to make things easier on their players so they're motivated to stay. Let's face it, easier gameplay is going to attract more players and is going to keep more players playing. It's the same philosophy behind why they made the drop rates better, nobody was having any fun hunting rares with impossible odds. I think this is a good move on their part.

Seira7
Feb 20, 2008, 10:03 PM
Wow...how selfish can people be? "no one should get fast tech/bullet whatever leveling because I worked so hard for mine"
???
Its so easy to get melee PAs up fast, its about time
they balanced the issue. I always dread leveling bullets! And what about when they raise the PA cap to 50? The people that worked hard already get a jump-start - think of it like that. Itll also give people motivation to experiment with different classes. Not to mention I cant bear the thought of getting a rifle PA from 40 to 50 w/o *shiver*

And if youre the type that has mastered every single bullet and tech PA and capped them out already, well...SEGA needs to give you a limited edition gold PA trophy i guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Freshellent
Feb 20, 2008, 10:11 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:22, Mewnie wrote:
Wow. Just... wow.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Not sure why some people are upset about this,if anything this is a much needed upgrade.

I lvled my TECHs,Skills and Bullets just like anyone else. I didn't do AFK lvling either,it was all me. This is good news to me. I'm sorry to see such negativity when we're getting something handed to us that actually helps.

It's a shame some of you can only be bitter and claim to be better simply because you put more time into it. Never have I come across a game where people wanted to cheat and be greedy about everything like this. It's amazing,some of you just can't be happy,about anything.

If anything take a little pride in the fact that you did work so hard to get your arts where they are now. Times are changing and you'll have to adjust,if you aren't happy then leave like the others that have.

Why aren't some of you still running Plains Overlord for MP? Obviously when some of you started that was the only way to get it,maybe everyone should suffer getting MP that way,simply because that's the way it was right? Screw the new missions,it's the easy way out! Right?

Helly
Feb 20, 2008, 10:39 PM
I say bring it on!

I've played sine day 1 and don't have a single maxed skill aside from Giresta lol

Niloklives
Feb 20, 2008, 10:50 PM
Skills I couldn't care less...most of them i ws able to get to 21 in a few hours and after that I don't care, techs rarely used until AoI but the ones I use regularly are at or near 21...fine ofr most techer classes and 80% of my bullets are over 31...I'm sure a lot of people are happy they have to do less work to get to some acceptable lvl on their PAs, but most PAs i didn't think took that long in the first place.

That said, I have mixed feelings about this patch...but that's more due to my feeling that the game shouldn't be as casual as it is...in the end it doesn't really bother me...in their next patch I want them to fix some of these goddamned frag bullets. Massei-sou needs a normal rate of fire and longer range considering the PP cost and the accuracy. its such a chore to use, I've had it since it came out and it's still lvl 5. even on a lvl 120 guntecher 15 with a rikauteri and lvl 30+ zodial, I miss abut 30-40% of the time on lvl 30 enemies...x.X

Or absolute dance's useless 3rd hit. all that flailing around should hit stuff too. those long pauses both in the beginning and the middle make that PA just eye candy and thet huge modifier is just to make people get the PA in the first place, cause those numbers are meaningless...just about every skill I have does more damage faster than AD

but...Ein while you make a good point about how no one runs PO for MP anymore...people originally abandoned PO for Dark Satellite and Train Rescue. even then the MP was nothing compared to what its like now. on some of these missions its just ridiculous. 5 blocks of lvl 55 enemies...takes a half way decent team of 4 under 20 minutes to run it...but that's over 300mp.

Even Awoken Serpent C...I soloed it with a lvl 10 character and a PM in 25 minutes when it first came out(using PAs under lvl 10) - it was an easy ~80 mp.. Dimma S2 I can solo in 25 minutes or less for 404 mp yet Magas - a mission notably harder and generally more time consuming only pays out about 230.

I'm all for reducing the grind to a degree, but lets face it...it's at the point where in a few runs, even a newbie can have themselves an advanced class or two...what's the point in those classes at all? no one will be using them for more than a day. I know someone that found 3 psycho wands in a matter of a week. we're at the point where there are fewer and fewer real goals to aim for. if there's something to be opposed to, I think that would be it...

Anyway I've rambled enough as it is...so I'll end there.

Sinue_v2
Feb 20, 2008, 10:58 PM
To the people who've been here since the beginning, do you think it's actually fair?

I could care less.

So what?

They already have, hence everything being easier. The game is pretty much on life support, so making it easier for new players probably isn't a bad idea.

Yuneiko
Feb 20, 2008, 11:03 PM

I've been asked to post this, so bear with me.
http://www.adultimum.net/rw/321.htm

unicorn
Feb 20, 2008, 11:23 PM
*Sobs* If only this came out sooner....Sooo many battles between tech lvling and my carpal tunnel.

;_;

Libram
Feb 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
I've been playing since about a month after the game was released, and the only time I had any PA capped was with my Fortefighter back when there weren't many PAs released. I'm just now starting to get my Gunners rifle bullets to 21 as well as a number of my Techers TECHs. I welcome the advanced PA development with open arms, and I will fall to my knees and weep for joy if Sonic Team somehow makes this update retroactive.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 11:41 PM
On 2008-02-20 17:28, Poncho_Jr wrote:
What do you guys actually think about that?
The PA leveling increase should take effect once the character has reached a certain level. Maybe around the 80+ range just to be fair.
Discussion open...

Been here from launch day and I'm happy with it. Just because we had to deal with hell doesn't mean so should everyone else, that doesn't make it. Only thing I would complain is if they overdo it and make it TOO easy, eg: how the enemies and bosses are now x.x

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 11:47 PM
On 2008-02-20 18:47, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

nice post jackel, completely agree

pikachief
Feb 21, 2008, 12:03 AM
as someone who has spent over 200 hours of straight PA levels i can say that i cant be happier for a speed boost! idc that most of my PAs are 21+ and a lot at 31+, they need to go faster.

its not fair that now you can level up your character faster than 5 PAs, when normally you'd have about 6 times as much.

It just didnt make sense and it drew people away from PA leveling. Now hopefully people will start to have actual good PAs and do better in the game.

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 12:31 AM
Funny enough, I have spent my entire time as my main doing PA levelling. Due to the demands of my class, trying to make the best use of my arsenal of weaponry, I pretty much need the 36+ PAs I have all levelled. The problem is that they were all Tech and Bullet related. I see the true tasty GT results only if I get them up there. Now get that I've spent well over 1000 hours on this levelling, and I only have a few bullets in the 30+ area, a decent amount in the 21+ area, and the rest just getting to their double digits.

I consider myself decent at what I do, but it's a lot of work. Still, sometimes I swear it seems I'm lucky to see something level in an entire night-long session. I still actively level, to this day; but I'm a glutton for punishment.

Bliven
Feb 21, 2008, 12:33 AM
All I have to say is... to all the people complaining, do you really have EVERY SINGLE PA at 40? If so, you are either
A: a melee person, which in case don't even talk about PA leveling being easier, melee PA leveling is already easymode.
B: Bullet/Tech AFK leveler. Nothing wrong with this, but can you really complain about it being easier? You didn't do it 100% legitimately anyway. Oh wow, now they have to afk for 40 hours instead of 50 hours to get it to 40, that is sooooooo much easier!.
C: You leveled every bullet/tech PA you have to 40 without AFKing. Congratulations, you fail at life. Seriously, do something besides play this game. Once again, if you are melee, this doesn't apply to you. But seriously, if you have every like.... elemental rifle to 40 without afk, go kill yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bliven on 2008-02-20 21:33 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 21, 2008, 01:44 AM
It's a good thing. Some bullets and TECHNICs are nearly impossible to level without resorting to unconventional methods. Hopefully this changes that.

pikachief
Feb 21, 2008, 01:50 AM
On 2008-02-20 22:44, Sekani wrote:
It's a good thing. Some bullets and TECHNICs are nearly impossible to level without resorting to unconventional methods. Hopefully this changes that.

NEARLY

lol AFK leveling? no i dont do that i find no reason to. the game was not made to lvl up your Photon arts in your sleep.

if u want a thing lvled up u spamm that and only that when u play lol. (jk i dont do that either)

but yea, its so hard to level some people resort to silly things like non-stop spamming 1 PA even in the most ridiculous situations! (i saw a guy leveling Jabroken on single pannons -_-) and then my friend doesnt even play anymore! he jsut leaves his Xbox on 24/7 AFK PA leveling XD

DarthLasek
Feb 21, 2008, 01:50 AM
I can already get any melee pa to 40 in a mere matter of a day...and now rthey want to make it faster?...Where's the fun in that?

Niloklives
Feb 21, 2008, 02:30 AM
well skills lvl faster than anything else anyway....but I used to be able to get a few twin hand gun bullets to 21 in a single day. shot guns to 21 in a half a day and so on...only ones that were really a grind were handguns rifles, bows and xbows. and of the easy ones to lvl in the course of hunting a double agito for a friend I got 4 of my 6 shotgun bullets from 23 or so to 34+ and that was only 3 or 4 days...are they 40? no, but they lvl fast enough and the extra 6% I'll be getting from them at that point isn't worth sweating over. after a bullet hits 31, in MOST cases, the extra damage isn't worth forcing it any further...exceptions being laser cannons which get massive atp mods(3% a lvl iirc meaning a 27% boost from 31-40).

techs could stand some love though...some of them are pure TORTURE to lvl. I play AT and I don;t even bother is most cases cause its so grueling. I have my buffs at 33, gi resta at 39, reverser at 29 and a few between 26-30 cause i just used them that much as a FT back in v1...the other are between 6 and 17. i just let the whips dggaers and dualies do the talking in most cases...so I can see the need to make techs easier to lvl...but the others I think could be left alone...I think they're easy enough to lvl...

it really doesn't matter since as i said before, the game is too easy as it is...you have infinite health infinite lives and infinite energy already...who cares if you also have OHKs...it's all the same. there are few goals left to aim for, and this was the oene the ones who REALLY had no social life went after...i say let it be.

mvffin
Feb 21, 2008, 02:33 AM
melee PA's dont count. get an xbow or rifle PA up to 40 in a day, then complain.

Edgard
Feb 21, 2008, 02:37 AM
On 2008-02-20 18:50, JarinKail wrote:

You're an idiot.

WOW comment of the year... You're such a dumbass for just insulting and not even give a reason. Wait, why am I wasting my time replying to you? You're a dip shit, you can't comprehend coherent discourse...

There one reason why I don't like this update and it has nothing to do with me being jealous of newcomers so shut the fuck up everyone:

If anyone has played PSU offline, you can level any PA to the max in a 2-3 hours... If SEGA makes it this easy to level PA's online its going to completely destroy the point of playing PSU longer than 3 months! Think about it, if you get all the rares in the game, reach level cap, and have all PA's maxed, whats going to be the point of playing this game any longer? We always need something that we should strive to achieve in PSU and Life! If there is nothing more, than whats the point of continuing?

*Don't be afraid to think outside the box for this one. Rich people have committed suicide because "there was nothing to live for" while the poor lives hoping to someday buy a Ferrari. In PSU we would just stop playing it, and move on to a different game or get a life... lol*

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2008, 02:52 AM
On 2008-02-20 23:37, Edgard wrote:
There one reason why I don't like this update and it has nothing to do with me being jealous of newcomers so shut the fuck up everyone:

If anyone has played PSU offline, you can level any PA to the max in a 2-3 hours... If SEGA makes it this easy to level PA's online its going to completely destroy the point of playing PSU longer than 3 months! Think about it, if you get all the rares in the game, reach level cap, and have all PA's maxed, whats going to be the point of playing this game any longer? We always need something that we should strive to achieve in PSU and Life! If there is nothing more, than whats the point of continuing?

*Don't be afraid to think outside the box for this one. Rich people have committed suicide because "there was nothing to live for" while the poor lives hoping to someday buy a Ferrari. In PSU we would just stop playing it, and move on to a different game or get a life... lol*

There's another thing people are forgetting. This is a more casual MMO. You're not suppose to be playing it as much as you would something like FFXI, but people do. Sure, some people get from say 110 to 120 in a day, because they play constantly. Other people, such as myself, play casually, and in the last month, I've gone from 110 to 119.

They're obviously not going to make it as easy as offline, nothing is the same as offline, but they're going to make it easier yes. The game is a grind as it is, and the fact that techs and bullets take so long to level, and some melee PAs as well, is just absurd.

and my final point... why continue? For some time now, I haven't cared about the level cap, I haven't cared about the rares, I haven't cared about my PA levels. I'm playing for MY FRIENDS. Even with none of the things I have, I'd play for them. And even with everything capped, I'd play for them. It's not the game that keeps people coming back, it's the people they're friends with. It's quite common that when one person gets so sick of the game, it infects the group. And people leave. In my temporary leave from the game, 4 of my friends quit because I originally wasn't going to come back. Without friends, I would have no reason to play anymore, regardless of all else.

THE JACKEL

Niloklives
Feb 21, 2008, 03:00 AM
well that's the goal thing i was talking about, edgard, i agree that they're making the game too casual, but i doubt they're going to change the PA growth THAT much. I think you're jumping to conclusions there. but it's very clear they game is not the standard MMO fare...we'll either have to adjust or find a new game...those are our two choices...I suggest you figure out which one will be yours and go with it...no offense meant.

If you didn't know already, the world servers (AKA non JP) are effected directly by JP feedback. we get the updates they do...if you recall, in v1 FoG was the big class...bullets generally were far more effective than anything FFs could come up with and the access to traps just made what may have been a narrow gap a very large one...jp complained and as a result FFs got a massive boost come AoI. we all didn't really mind up to that point cause many of us were fine playing gunners...so when FFs got the buff, most of us were displeased because for us the balance had been tipped in a very different way.

Same thing is happening again...easy mode is being made easier...you can either deal with it or find a new hobby.

Rainu
Feb 21, 2008, 03:30 AM
I'm a little bit envious of the newcomers who don't have to trudge through the pains of PA leveling, but in general, I'm happy for them that they don't have to experience that.

Plus, I might actually be able to play a gunner now.

mvffin
Feb 21, 2008, 03:39 AM
ok, now we're more than ready for 150+ enemies.

pls?

tailz
Feb 21, 2008, 05:09 AM
ya ive been here since day one n it is a little frustrating... but naa, its good for the newcomers... sucks that i finally got some personal satisfaction knowing i capped all four characters the day before the winter event.... then saw people in the 75k account # range at 120 in less than a week :/ but still... grats to them lol sigh...

the 3000+ hours ive logged were apparently well spent hehe ugh
but at least i should be able to keep em all capped from here on out with the boosts in play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2008-02-20 23:37, Edgard wrote:
If anyone has played PSU offline, you can level any PA to the max in a 2-3 hours...

that statement is just screaming "ive never played a techer"
even offline, techs suck to level... of course they go faster than offline, but 2-3 hours isnt even close... mainly because things die too fast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2008-02-21 02:20 ]</font>

Ruru
Feb 21, 2008, 05:37 AM
i'm happy for the PA update. i've been trying my hardest to level my techs to 40 for a long time now and i just give up midway through. No matter how much i TRY to force myself to level the harder ones, i eventually give up and just go hunting for something i want. i'd honestly rather look for a magic rock moola as pinkal than level techs sometimes. (old PSO reference >.>; dont mind me...) anyway. I may not be a vet of PSU, but i've been playing long enough to get quite a few PA's to 31-40 range i have over 2500 combined hours and alot of it is leveling pa's or hunting things. I can see why some of you may be angry, but i'm sure there are PA's that you'd like to level and NOT take as much time as they would normally take. I mean think about it. haven't you earned some rest after all the crap you've gone through?

Edgard
Feb 21, 2008, 05:54 AM
There's another thing people are forgetting. This is a more casual MMO. You're not suppose to be playing it as much as you would something like FFXI, but people do. Sure, some people get from say 110 to 120 in a day, because they play constantly. Other people, such as myself, play casually, and in the last month, I've gone from 110 to 119.

They're obviously not going to make it as easy as offline, nothing is the same as offline, but they're going to make it easier yes. The game is a grind as it is, and the fact that techs and bullets take so long to level, and some melee PAs as well, is just absurd.

and my final point... why continue? For some time now, I haven't cared about the level cap, I haven't cared about the rares, I haven't cared about my PA levels. I'm playing for MY FRIENDS. Even with none of the things I have, I'd play for them. And even with everything capped, I'd play for them. It's not the game that keeps people coming back, it's the people they're friends with. It's quite common that when one person gets so sick of the game, it infects the group. And people leave. In my temporary leave from the game, 4 of my friends quit because I originally wasn't going to come back. Without friends, I would have no reason to play anymore, regardless of all else.

THE JACKEL

I agree with you, one of the main reasons why I keep playing this game is to chat with some PSU friends... One of my close friends from Australia was going to quit cause she couldn't pay the SEGA fees, and 5 people pitched in to buy her new Guardian's licence... So I think I would leave the moment she stops playing T_T

even offline, techs suck to level... of course they go faster than offline, but 2-3 hours isnt even close... mainly because things die too fast

Actually my main is a techer.... When I said 2-3 hours I meant if you spam the same PA, so only one PA is capped.... Also, when I level pa's I use pa's with same elemental attribute to the mobs (that are resistant to techs), in other words barta on ice Ageetas... so no they don't die fast this way.

WolfBlade
Feb 21, 2008, 05:59 AM

tru dat bro

GuardianElite
Feb 21, 2008, 06:01 AM
On 2008-02-21 02:59, WolfBlade wrote:

tru dat bro

grow up raid i thought you would understand since yr in college and working not everybody has time to lv PAs

ashley50
Feb 21, 2008, 06:03 AM
The change is ok but...its kinda "not fair"

Dragwind
Feb 21, 2008, 06:39 AM
This is one of the best improvements in the game thus far. I hate to make a pso reference here, but there was no PA lvling in pso. Didn't see why it was needed here. This obviously wasn't going to be a game catered to the people with no lives seeing as the database is so small.

For you people who whine and nag- QUIT YER BITCHIN.

The game is trying to improve the userbase, not about YOU. Don't like the general improvements or feel you've wasted your time? PLAY ANOTHER GAME.

EMPYREAN
Feb 21, 2008, 06:49 AM
im VERY happy abute this. i have been playing for over a year and be4 the 40 cap i had only 2 bullets on my main at 30(i never play mele types). now maybe i can get more bulles to 30 or even higher than that =).
allso this is good news for my techer, been playing a techer for 1/2 year and still moust of my techs are in the 15-21 range. way to go ST =D

SATatami
Feb 21, 2008, 06:52 AM
Watch, after the increase, people with be like, "OMFG WTF, I DON'T GAIN 3 LEVELS FROM USING THE SKILL ONCE?!"

amtalx
Feb 21, 2008, 07:32 AM
In any MORPG, there is going to be an old guard and a new guard. The old guard is going to complain about how they had to travel to the snowy peaks of Moatoob and back barefoot and uphill both ways just to get a monomate. The new guard is most likely going to have everything handed to them, which is only going to make the old guard whine louder. There's nothing you can do about it, and its not going to change so deal with it.

Did I spend hundreds of hours spamming Plains Overlord to level my bullets? Sure. Am I a little annoyed that some cracker jack fresh from Guardian's Summer Fat Camp can accomplish in mere weeks what it took me months to do? Sure. But I'm not going to cry about it. The truth is bullet leveling sucked. Always. Now it won't be as painful, particularly when we get the boost to Lvl 50 PAs.

Although the old guard in me wishes they would just make melee skills harder to level and leave everything else the same. I always it was garbage handing fighters skills that were laughably easy to level along with JA'ed rape sticks.

milka
Feb 21, 2008, 07:47 AM
Yeah this is good and bad at same time..

But will be cool to see alot of techer +31.. not just me...

Egg99
Feb 21, 2008, 03:21 PM
Please one person, piss off another. Or, in the case of MMOs, please one group, piss off the others. No matter what Sega does, people are going to bitch about it regardless.

Does the update suck for vets? It sure does.

Is the update a vast improvement over the original system? It sure is.

It's gonna happen, no matter how much you decide to piss and moan about it. So why bother? Save everyone else a headache and suck it up, because the rest of us have to as well.

tailz
Feb 21, 2008, 03:46 PM

Actually my main is a techer.... When I said 2-3 hours I meant if you spam the same PA, so only one PA is capped.... Also, when I level pa's I use pa's with same elemental attribute to the mobs (that are resistant to techs), in other words barta on ice Ageetas... so no they don't die fast this way.

-_-
i know how to level techs... and ur still way off... of course u use same element, 1* wands (with the 4% bonus), me/quick and spam if ur trying to level a particular spell, but megistar doesnt even level that fast, which doesnt rely on ANYTHING but casting speed...
there is absolutely NO way you got a spell to 30 in 2-3 hours. period.
the only thing u can cap on a techer offline in 3 hours is lv 100 lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2008-02-21 12:52 ]</font>

Niloklives
Feb 21, 2008, 09:51 PM
gi techs lvl ok til about lvl 16...i could see maybe getting those up to 21 in a few hours...but techs like barta and foie, no way. even if you went up to a vahra leader and spammed foie to his back pre AoI and just unloaded as he healed himself, you wouldn't get a lot of these techs to 11 in 2 hours. its a clear exaggeration. techs takes longer than bullets which take longer than skills. its a fact of life.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 21, 2008, 10:00 PM
On 2008-02-21 18:51, NIloklives wrote:
gi techs lvl ok til about lvl 16...i could see maybe getting those up to 21 in a few hours...but techs like barta and foie, no way. even if you went up to a vahra leader and spammed foie to his back pre AoI and just unloaded as he healed himself, you wouldn't get a lot of these techs to 11 in 2 hours. its a clear exaggeration. techs takes longer than bullets which take longer than skills. its a fact of life.

I think this can refer directly back to the idea that Hunters have always been easier to use followed by rangers and then forces.

It does kinda suck in a lot of ways, but if I had just started playing online and knew enough about the game mechanics to comprehend this, I'd be clicking my heels in joy.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
On 2008-02-21 19:00, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

On 2008-02-21 18:51, NIloklives wrote:

I think this can refer directly back to the idea Hunters have always been easier to use followed by rangers and then forces.

It does kinda suck in a lot of ways, but if I had just started playing online and knew enough about the game mechanics to comprehend this, I'd be clicking my heels in joy.

I'm clicking my heels in joy and I've been playing since release. I have plenty of lvl'd pa's and plenty not, its too bad I had to level some of them while they were a horrendous pain the ass, but that by no means, means so should everyone else. It's a change for the better, and a needed one I only wish it could have come sooner.

EDIT: btw, I play a reasonably large amount, not too much since I work and do other things, but I do on a daily basis. Even with afking a few techs/bullets that I lost patience on, I don't even have half the pa's on any of my types capped. Even if they doubled the speed I wouldn't have them all capped in that amount of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-21 19:25 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Feb 21, 2008, 10:38 PM
Think about this, new players aren't the only ones that can take advantage of boosted drop rates, faster leveling and the like, it's there for you too, now quit whining and take advantage of it.

Telina
Feb 21, 2008, 10:59 PM
The more i think about the PA leveling change, the more i seem to not like it.....

It used to be that items were a symbol of status, but that was trashed with the synth% and elemental % increase. Then it turned to money, but then the mech glitch came about. Then there was a shift to character level, but even still, that was trashed by the crazy exp bonuses. but the last way (short of actually witnessing play style) to dish out respect to players was their PA levels, if they had many pa's at higher levels, well obviously they are a bit more dedicated to the game would be my assumption. But with the new easy to level pa's are released, i'm at an impass as to how to distinguish a player worthy of respect, and some guy who just picked up the game a week or two ago?

Though i believe (no, i hope) this pa leveling speed increase isn't too noticable. If it isn't this point i have just made is moot. Though if sega over does it.....well......we'll have to get used to an incredibly easy game in every aspect....

Weeaboolits
Feb 21, 2008, 11:10 PM
That whole argument of basing respect on someone's PA levels is utter BS, my respect is only one by ones behavior, I could care less what color the photon trails on your skills are so long as you act decent to me, you've my respect.

Otis_Kat
Feb 21, 2008, 11:16 PM
So I just recently switch over to Xbox. I played PC since launch and leveled up a lot of bullets as FG was my only class.

Because I'm now only a "1-2 monther" I should have to "suffer" through leveling again because you don't want all your "hard work" to be in vain? I'm sure you wouldn't mind the exp boost when leveling up alts on your account.

What kind of fucked up logic are some of you spewing out on this forum?

*edit* And no one say, "O you're a vet, so it's ok for you to level faster." No, it doesn't work that way.

Summery: Boo hoo, you lost a few inches off your e-peen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2008-02-21 20:25 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 21, 2008, 11:29 PM
While it kinda sucks that it demeans the "work" I've put into my PAs, they really shouldn't have taken this long to level in the first place. Now the damn 1-2 monthers don't have to suffer as much from the biggest non-material grind that this game has, and we don't have to suffer through leveling up the remainder of our PAs. Especially considering that the only real factor of most PA levels is how long you use the damn things, what's the point in keeping them so dragged out?

Mikura
Feb 21, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm all for it. Think about it, what do most people do after they cap a PA? Move on to another to cap. It's not often you're even taking advantage of your capped PAs since you're always working on something else most of the time. Least this way, can get them capped and enjoy them.

Not to mention this will make lvling alts a lot easier. I have a Fortegunner I've been avoiding because bullets are such a bitch to lvl but after this, I'll be playing her a lot more often since I don't have to grind my way past 40 lvls of bullet hell.

Lastly, and I'm surprised more people aren't even addressing this, but we still have absolutely no idea how big or small this adjustment is going to be. Honestly, I see it being easier but not as much as people are making it out to be. No need to make assumptions until after we receive the damn update and get the facts for ourselves.

Vitamin_D
Feb 21, 2008, 11:57 PM
This means I can FINALLY get Dugrega to 21? I'm down.

Powder Keg
Feb 22, 2008, 12:13 AM
I think it's great, now I can actually level my PAs relatively high while still retaining my life.

Anyone who is against this because "they did it the hard way" is a whiny baby.

Syl
Feb 22, 2008, 12:17 AM
On 2008-02-21 04:47, milka wrote:
But will be cool to see alot of techer +31..

One great thing I can see from this...

Techers can't complain about not having their support techs at at least level 21. The "I'm concentrating on my attack techs" excuse is getting pretty old.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 22, 2008, 12:18 AM
On 2008-02-21 12:46, tailz wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2008-02-21 12:52 ]</font>

Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Spellbinder
Feb 22, 2008, 01:16 AM
In the case of bullets and techniques, having status by having them at a high level was sort of trounced when people could level them afk but that's just my opinion. You distinguish between good players and bad players by the ones that suck, and the ones that DON'T suck.

As for the update, I've been playing since day 1 on JP PSU exclusively as Force & Fortecher, and all of my support Technics are level 30, and all of my attacks are 35-36 done by hand (even if I was half-conscious sometimes). I haven't had much time to play due to class and work, so the fact that they're making them easier to level considering the fact that Masterforce is around the corner and more than likely will have level 50 PA's makes me want to wet myself with excitement. No one should have to struggle that much to level their PA's. They're going to need to be faster as they increase the PA level caps.

Shishi-O
Feb 22, 2008, 01:26 AM

have fun partying with friends?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 22, 2008, 01:32 AM
On 2008-02-21 22:16, Spellbinder wrote:
They're going to need to be faster as they increase the PA level caps.

Bingo.
We already spend time leveling characters, pa's for multiple types, hunting rares (or rehunting for better %) etc. We still have more levels to gain, and more items to find. As they add more content they want us to take longer to finish all of these, but not too long as to discourage players. There's plenty more to be and if all took as long as it used to, it would start taking far too long for more casual players to hit any caps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-21 22:33 ]</font>

Egg99
Feb 23, 2008, 12:33 AM
On 2008-02-21 21:17, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2008-02-21 04:47, milka wrote:
But will be cool to see alot of techer +31..

One great thing I can see from this...

Techers can't complain about not having their support techs at at least level 21. The "I'm concentrating on my attack techs" excuse is getting pretty old.

Keep in mind... a techer isn't obligated to make sure you're buffed. Too many people have that misconception.

Niloklives
Feb 23, 2008, 01:14 AM
not buffing your party while not required is a staple of techerhood though..ou get support techs for a reason. to ignore them is to ignore half your class. you can't honestly say that you're playing the class to its fullest if you're ignoring the support end....then there's that whole...being part of a team thing...most people don't like to talk about that...team work I mean...besides if you if you really wanted to just dish out damage, you wouldn't be playing a techer to begin with.

FireHero
Feb 23, 2008, 01:29 AM
ok in my few new plays get it easy i playing back from the start i got my wepons the hard way any now these new guys are lvling up realy fast and thinking there all that but cant even use there class and skills right and stuff and am fed up cause thay think there the bees knees and there awsume but yet thay constaly dieing and falling all over the place and just getting in the way!!! my lvl means sumit i worked for it i can hold my own unlike these newbs

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 23, 2008, 04:25 AM
On 2008-02-22 22:29, FireHero wrote:
ok in my few new plays get it easy i playing back from the start i got my wepons the hard way any now these new guys are lvling up realy fast and thinking there all that but cant even use there class and skills right and stuff and am fed up cause thay think there the bees knees and there awsume but yet thay constaly dieing and falling all over the place and just getting in the way!!! my lvl means sumit i worked for it i can hold my own unlike these newbs

Punctuation is for the weak. and newbs too.

tailz
Feb 23, 2008, 05:10 AM
On 2008-02-22 22:14, NIloklives wrote:
not buffing your party while not required is a staple of techerhood though..ou get support techs for a reason. to ignore them is to ignore half your class. you can't honestly say that you're playing the class to its fullest if you're ignoring the support end....then there's that whole...being part of a team thing...most people don't like to talk about that...team work I mean...besides if you if you really wanted to just dish out damage, you wouldn't be playing a techer to begin with.

exactly. a techer who doesnt even attempt to keep the party buffed is a crappy techer, IMO. i have 2 techers, human AT and newman FT, so i have every right to say that. now with acro/forte both, its a little different for FT's (if there is an acrotecher also in the party) because AT's are clearly focused towards support... but half, if not MORE, of a techer's strongest point is keeping the PARTY strong, worrying about yourself later... run through an entire run without buffing/healing once, then do the same run and keep the party buffed/healed the entire time... i guarantee you will the do the second run a lot faster and more efficiently than the first... so it doesnt matter if you dont attack as much as the first run

On 2008-02-21 21:18, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2008-02-21 12:46, tailz wrote:

Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

crap i forgot about giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ok thats an exception...

psh, i got mine 1-30 in 2 hrs ONline pre-AoI, and that was just with a me/quick lol

got me there, chuck norris lol jerkass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

darthplagis
Feb 23, 2008, 05:30 AM
SEGA are making it easier cos' they are regretting putting the ban on the dupers.......... they lost half the player community now they want the subscription cash back LOL (im joking honestly)

but i dont mind the idea of faster lvls, with so much more to do on the game now i cant justify the endless PO runs just to lvl techs and skills, though combining that with PA frag hunting is ok i suppose.

Kylie
Feb 23, 2008, 01:43 PM
The game's going to be shut down eventually - a lot of people will have left before then -, so what's the point in whining about new players having it easier? It's much better to think of it as a good thing... like, maybe I won't be so against leveling bullets and TECHs now! I'm glad it's going to happen (this PA thing). I think it's long overdue, and I couldn't care less if I had it harder. It means absolutely nothing.

Stezan
Feb 23, 2008, 02:38 PM
Question: When is this update due?

Kylie
Feb 23, 2008, 06:49 PM
On 2008-02-23 11:38, Stezan wrote:
Question: When is this update due?

JP just got it, which usually means we wait months for it. However, this is a system update thing, and we usually get those earlier than regular content. So... some time soon, hopefully. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cry0
Feb 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
bullets and techs should be fastened with about 5/4 ratio (new/old). attack PAs r fine. imho