PDA

View Full Version : Return to PSU?

OHSHIIIII
Feb 20, 2008, 11:13 PM
Hello.

I used to play PSU fairly regularly, but I left when the level caps were back at 80.

When I left, I had my Phantom +10 (x8?) and a crapload of Meseta.

What has happened so far?
Do I need the expansion to play?
Here's a screenshot before I left.

Hopefully I didn't get hacked and such.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2263/shiiiiixy1.png

(Heh. "Mikaru" is still in the screenshot)

pionear
Feb 20, 2008, 11:18 PM
What has happened so far?

A lot.....New Weapons, Events, and S Rank Drops have been added...

Do I need the expansion to play?

No, but you do to play the new missions/online story missions...

OHSHIIIII
Feb 20, 2008, 11:20 PM
Is my stuff even usable?
(Phantom/Phantomline)

Is there a way to get up to speed right away (Grinding mission?)

Yuneiko
Feb 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
Yes, despite what some people would have you think, a +10 9* weapon is still a very viable weapon to use. As for getting up to speed, the best way would be to get the expansion, and play some of the expansion missions, as the rewards in those throw the old rewards in the water. As for leveling quickly, I guess the best way would be to either A: Go to the mission with the highest level robots you can fight if you have Killer Shot, or you can spam White Beast with some party, White beast being the current Dragon boss of AoTI.

OHSHIIIII
Feb 20, 2008, 11:32 PM
Neat-o.

How many people are playing PSU/AoTI?
Estimates?

(Weekdays/Weekends)

Yuneiko
Feb 20, 2008, 11:37 PM
Depends on which server you're on. If on PC/PS2, there's around 2-3 stars on universe 02 on most "after school" times. As for 360, I have no idea. And for the most part, next to everyone has AoTI, at least PC/PS2wise.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2008, 11:51 PM
It will be much easier to slide into this game then it was before, and phantom/phantom line is fine, will still serve you well^^ and its definetely good to have that strong combo to hunt the better stuff with. I would suggest picking up the expansion a lot new areas that are very much worth running. When I had previously left the game for periods of time, I was easily getting bored, and even with a strict work schedule couldn't find much to do. Now I can get on before/after work and actually have some fun doing a few missions before I need to head out again. Post AotI I feel it has gotten much friendlier overall.

Yuneiko
Feb 21, 2008, 01:14 AM
I feel the game is slowly becoming what it was supposed to be: A game made to be played casually. I enjoy the fact that I don't HAVE to put in as much time as I do, since a lot of my gametime was racked up due to me leaving my game on while I did something, like sleep or go out to eat. I like how the game lets you do something really quick, yet you can still see some results from it. Others hate how "easy" it seems, but my guess is that it's probably due to having WAY too much time on their hands and doing only the "easy" things anyway. I still find some great challenges in the game (I'm looking at you, Magas Magghana), even with friends helping me out.

OHSHIIIII
Feb 21, 2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the information.

Any other feedback from any source is also nice.

Xefi
Feb 21, 2008, 01:58 AM
wait until MAG (maximum attack G event) comes. The population will be back to high numbers again. And majority of them will be around uni.2 lagging the game yet again, but it will be a fun lag i guess. Well anyways, just try to enjoy the game for the time being and when the event arrives, you can have more fun time.

OHSHIIIII
Feb 22, 2008, 10:46 PM
I'm back on PSU - What should I do first?

I see some items which are neat (PM Expansion Items)