PDA

View Full Version : OK, I think we had it!

Alamar
Feb 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
How hard is it after over a year to take money out of a account? Are they that stupid? I just about had it with the problems and lack of giving a s**t attitude they give me as a paying customer. How much more have they taken from everyone with that $1.00 charge? I have the same dam card that I used back in November 2006. So WTF! is there problem? That coupled with the SLOWDOWN,Random d/c etc etc etc. Now, not that anyone gives a dam or will respond with other smart comments but here it is anyways. I and my fellow family member that play are really thinking about being done with this game. We are at that point. And before anyone states it. No,my money and everything I have go with me. There that is out of the way. I am so fed up with Sega's lack of customer responsibility. I had to fight last spring for 2 months to get my family members account back. Someone turned in a report that she was making Comments on the game that were unappropriate(banned). That is what the letter said. We knew who it was and this person has not played since that happened. I had to go to the Federal Consumer protection as well as the same agency for my state. They continued to charge the bank as well. To make a long story shorter I won and they said they checked the logs Blah Blah and they were wrong. Couple that with all the other "game problems" and I find this game just not worth all this crap. Endless grinding for everything and anything. Maybe I am wrong. How can endless grinding for levels,weapons, etc. Be fun? Anyone tell me? I find it just the opposite. Is this what the great "Online RPG" means? Then give me offline anyday. Like say Oblivion, which eats this game for lunch and is offline. That to me is an RPG. This is a like the shampoo bottle joke. Wash,rinse,repeat. Really not fun to do over and over and over and over. Well I am done with this rant. And buying a 360 Elite with a 26" lcd tv to play it on helps out with the anwser. I really should go quietly, but I had to post how really dissapointed in Sega's handling of this game as a whole is. Like a new company that never made a game before.

omegapirate2k
Feb 21, 2008, 12:34 AM
I'd ask you to gib rarz but you already pre empted that one.

If you don't want to play stop playing, it's that simple.

Alamar
Feb 21, 2008, 12:41 AM
I think i am going to do just that. As I said, I just needed to post about the problems and how they handle them. This is not like the first Phantasy Star game they made online. They still can't get it right.

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2008, 01:08 AM
I brought this up numerous times before. They basically whittled every part of the game to grinding.

Find a rare? Nope! You found a schematic! Got the ingredients? Nope! Gotta grind for them too! Oh but wait, is your 'partner machine' high enough to make the item correctly? No? Gotta grind it then!

Grind your weapons. Oh wait, they broke, too bad! Hope they weren't 'too' expensive!

Your PA's, are they high enough? No? Guess what you gotta do? Grind them!

They took what made PSO fun, every last little fun thing about it, and made it a chore so you'd have to keep playing and paying.

Carrot infront of a donkey. =]

I play plenty of games where there's a grind involved, but atleast the grind is fun with those games, and you don't feel like you just climbed Everest and then get kicked in the teeth when you realise that was just a foot hill compared to what else you have to do to make any kind of headway.

And anyway, when a game starts pissing you off, its time to call it quits. It's supposed to be fun, not something you do mindlessly just to go through the motions.

Alamar
Feb 21, 2008, 01:18 AM
Thank you for understanding what i am feeling right now. That is exactly what I was trying to say, You did it better. It does seem more like work then fun. After what 5 of these you'd think they would do this one right.

Raine_Loire
Feb 21, 2008, 06:13 AM
Yeah, too bad ST is so retarded that it isn't as easy to quit the 360 version... on PC/PS2, you log into a web site and click a few buttons! 360 you have to TALK to the mental midgets they hired to represent them...

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2008, 11:55 PM
On 2008-02-20 22:18, Alamar wrote:
After what 5 of these you'd think they would do this one right.

From a business standpoint, they did do it right. The game is pay to play, the center of the game is online, everything is a grind so you have to keep paying them.

That and yes, they do screw the 360 players. I was pissed when I found you had to call them. They allow you to START the subscription through the dashboard, but don't offer the ability to cancel it. I merely had my bank disallow any payments to them.

AlexCraig
Feb 22, 2008, 12:05 AM
Again, part of the reason I'm sticking with PSO. Yes, most of mine is offline, but I find it FUN, not WORK. I could play PSO having no fears about being left in the dust compared to other players, because there really aren't any other players. Granted, BB I may "be behind", but for me that is more social than game.

Alamar
Feb 22, 2008, 09:13 PM
And once again the truth hits us in the face. My above wall of text lol. This "Technical difficulty" is further evidence to back me up. They can't do anything right! oh well, I am off to play Oblivion. That people is a REAL RPG.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 22, 2008, 09:26 PM
look, you either want to stay, or you don't

I've been playing for my friends. However my account expires tomorrow, and I'm not renewing for sometime either. At least like 3 weeks

THE JACKEL

Sinue_v2
Feb 23, 2008, 02:14 PM
From a business standpoint, they did do it right.

I would argue the opposite, that from a buisness standpoint they didn't do right. While the game isn't costing them money, it's not really generating the proposed income nor does it have really ANY disernable market presence. But it's not a problem in the theory, as we've seen others make a success of it, but in the execution.

ABDUR101
Feb 23, 2008, 02:25 PM
They have minimal effort to handle PR, and from what I've seen the content is alot of rehashing. Minimal effort all around, but people are still eating it up and continue to pay for the service.

They're obviously doing something right. Look at all the rants here about things, and yet everyone continues to play. =]