PDA

View Full Version : Guntechers > Acrotechers > Wartechers

milka
Feb 21, 2008, 07:19 AM
Seems Guntechers now are on the top of the hybrid techers now..

Congrats!!

No more baby diga and baby megid!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milka on 2008-02-21 04:20 ]</font>

SATatami
Feb 21, 2008, 07:20 AM
I call bullshit.

CelestialBlade
Feb 21, 2008, 07:29 AM
It's not THAT big of an improvement, but it's good to finally see us getting some love.

ne1first
Feb 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
no

RedMussel
Feb 21, 2008, 07:37 AM
On 2008-02-21 04:29, Typheros wrote:
It's not THAT big of an improvement, but it's good to finally see us getting some love.

We got too much when the muzzlefevers were easy to get for glitchers...

SStrikerR
Feb 21, 2008, 07:41 AM
Wrong, it's: Guntechers > Wartechers > Acrotechers.
I've played all 3 and I hate Acrotechers. >_>

amtalx
Feb 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
That's a bold statement to say the least...there's a lot more to a class than PA levels.

RedMussel
Feb 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
On 2008-02-21 04:41, Ryan113 wrote:
Wrong, it's: Guntechers > Wartechers > Acrotechers.
I've played all 3 and I hate Acrotechers. >_>

For me it goes Guntecher > Acrotecher > Wartecher...but i would rather be a full fledged Techer then a hybrid.

AC9breaker
Feb 21, 2008, 07:50 AM
Protanser > Jesus > Every other class

Midicronica
On 2008-02-21 04:30, ne1first wrote:
no

Broodstar1337
Just what kind of improvements did Guntecher get that could even come close to being on AT's pedestal?

milka
Feb 21, 2008, 07:52 AM
On 2008-02-21 04:50, AC9breaker wrote:

lol!! o/

landman
Feb 21, 2008, 08:07 AM
Huh, strange I don't use any attack Technik as Guntecher...

Fresh
Feb 21, 2008, 08:57 AM
On 2008-02-21 05:07, landman wrote:
Huh, strange I don't use any attack Technik as Guntecher...

I hear that when i switch to guntecher i use everything but techs i only really buff and then use guns oh and have heals on a wand.......

AxelgearVII
Feb 21, 2008, 09:17 AM
<--- ::has been playing a (newman) Guntecher since day 1 knowing that they would one day acheive greatness::

Rayokarna
Feb 21, 2008, 09:19 AM

Doh42
Feb 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
To put acrotechers above wartechers makes me laugh. To compare both of those to guntecher seems absurd.

It's like saying a Jet Fighter Plane is better than a formula one, which is better than a compact car; I'll say "Well, one certainly goes faster...", but it doesn't mean the other ones don't cover my needs better, and it doesn't really compare vehicles of equal value, make or utility...

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 09:55 AM
Didn't this discussion happen about 6+ months ago? It's like watching a bad rerun or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

panzer_unit
Feb 21, 2008, 10:04 AM
I had too many full stacks of PA fragments so I bought Giresta and switched my PT to a GT to level a job while doing bullets.

Shigga Damduc +10 (thanks AC9)
Thunder Cannon +0 (it was a steal!)
Maggac +5 / non-ele Blumier (shunbu)
Viper +2 / Prest? some wand... (Giresta / Reverser)
Hanmateric +7

danny_o
Feb 21, 2008, 10:06 AM
Did they get attack techs raised? ...? What's with all the commotion?

Doh42
Feb 21, 2008, 10:18 AM
@Danny_o:
In japan, in a week or two, they get:
-More TP
-S rank wands
-level 30 attack techs

NosajX7
Feb 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
I've been playing a human GT since day 1, and I don't need all these improvements to be better than any new guntecher i've seen. People don't seem to realize that the crossbow is the best gun in the game... I guess they're just too lazy to lvl it?

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 10:23 AM
I almost can't wait. I'd like to see to what effect they really get stuff. S rank wands and level 30 attack is a solid number, but that TP. That's what has me curious. I wouldn't be surprised if it's like less than 20, just so they kept their word, but don't quote me on that one.

The buffs, on the other hand, I almost believe might be a 'pity' buff, in some attempt to swell the numbers. A sign that there's lots of truth of it being a neglected class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-21 07:31 ]</font>

Syaoran2
Feb 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
This is all a matter of opinion of what you like to do and how you play, I myself thought guntecher was decent, hated wartecher, and loved acrotecher.

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 10:35 AM
I love the playstyle. No doubt. Guntecher is what I really wanted to do. But communities often have very short standards of what makes a type good. They look at a couple of factors and then all move to what they can kick butt with. GTs, to this point, have been a technical and patient class to work with. This update seems to still leave that (though I don't know to what degree the bullet levels will speed up (likely the biggest all-around buff of them all)).

However, people want this *instant* satisfaction when joining a class. The GT has none of this. No EX traps to already use, no quick good damage dealer without hundreds of hours of work. Etc.

It's going to make some things much easier for those who already reached the end-game. I'm still working my way there (more than 36 active PAs I've been working on, just for GT).

Communities tend to be shallow. And I basically think that this might *might* make the class lose it's once-exclusive status of being the "technical" class. So what do they do? Give an fast gratification aspect to the class. So the relatively simple community would be enticed to play them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-21 07:38 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 21, 2008, 10:38 AM
LV31+ buffs > tiny damage those three classes do, so AT wins.

Apone
Feb 21, 2008, 10:42 AM
Theres gunning and mele techer classes maybe they should just even out their magic side and let their gunning and fighting define the respective classes? Why do spell levels even have to matter?
If I want to beat stuff up...and cast magic, then I'll be a Wartecher.
If I want to shoot stuff ...and cast magic, I'll be a Guntecher.
Theres plenty of other things that make them different (like weapon selection and stats) they should just make their magic levels even 30/30.

redroses
Feb 21, 2008, 10:45 AM

Hell Yeah!

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 10:47 AM
That almost reminds me of the simplicity of PSO's method. You had different tech-using classes, but the main definition was how much TP you got. (And the omission of a tech or two). Which is one thing that really has me wondering. You have trap limitations per class, you have weapon (and it's appropriate bullets) limited on a class basis. I'm surprised they didn't take the PSO route and do tech limitations on a class-basis. That would've been a nice easy way to add variety to the tech-casting classes and provide more exclusives to people who go the full forte-techer route.

Not a complaint, or anything. But one of those observations that make you ask questions. Stuff like, since GTs get Killer shot, should they even have access to techs in the Megid line? Little things like that. But I guess the game isn't quite set up for that level of specifics yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-21 07:49 ]</font>

Kanore
Feb 21, 2008, 10:57 AM
What's with all the Acrotecher hate? Too much Support for you? I thought I was seeing a lot of 'WARTECHERS SHOULD GET LEVEL 40 SUPPORT TECHS' in all those whiny Wartecher improvement topics.

L2Support or get off my class.

DEM_CIG
Feb 21, 2008, 11:07 AM
On 2008-02-21 06:55, Akaimizu wrote:
Didn't this discussion happen about 6+ months ago? It's like watching a bad rerun or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yup, i believe it did. o well i dont really care anyway...gt ftw...

CellarDoor
Feb 21, 2008, 11:10 AM
On 2008-02-21 06:52, Doh42 wrote:
To put acrotechers above wartechers makes me laugh. To compare both of those to guntecher seems absurd.

It's like saying a Jet Fighter Plane is better than a formula one, which is better than a compact car; I'll say "Well, one certainly goes faster...", but it doesn't mean the other ones don't cover my needs better, and it doesn't really compare vehicles of equal value, make or utility...

Zael
Feb 21, 2008, 11:17 AM
On 2008-02-21 07:38, Hrith wrote:

Doh42
Feb 21, 2008, 11:29 AM
Those level 31 buffs aren't enough to make a AT stronger, tougher or better than a WT at dealing damage (and even if it does; an AT giving those buffs will make the WT again superior to them), so if you're doing it in order for the rest of the party to kill faster, it's a different play-style, which is why I meant that WT and AT can't be compared. WTs usually don't use techs for altruism; they use them for themselves.

Saying "my sports car is faster than your minivan" is equally stupid. The minivan carries a lot of people or things, and does it safely, slowly. Sure, the sports car might be cool and pretty, but is a sports car "superior" to a minivan, now?

So the actual equation should be : Acrotecher != Wartecher != Guntecher.

amtalx
Feb 21, 2008, 11:31 AM
On 2008-02-21 08:29, Doh42 wrote:

Get this man a banana sticker.

JarinKail
Feb 21, 2008, 11:42 AM
On 2008-02-21 08:31, amtalx wrote:

Get this man a banana sticker.

Amen to that. Trying to compare the three jobs is fruitless.

Hrith
Feb 21, 2008, 12:10 PM
Those level 31 buffs aren't enough to make a AT stronger, tougher or better than a WT at dealing damage (and even if it does; an AT giving those buffs will make the WT again superior to them), so if you're doing it in order for the rest of the party to kill faster, it's a different play-style, which is why I meant that WT and AT can't be compared. WTs usually don't use techs for altruism; they use them for themselves.You totally missed the point. GT, WT and AT are all weak classes, so I'll take the one that helps others better. Whatever damage WT does over AT is still puny damage in the end =/

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
hey wanna know something weird

of the hybrid techers...

AT is best at casting techs
WT is best at Melee
GT is best with guns.

It's amazing really

THE JACKEL

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 01:00 PM
I lol'd. Sorry, I did. Melee wins, so Wartecher > Acrotecher > Guntecher. Your level 30 Techs don't mean anything, spoilers.

Doh42
Feb 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
You totally missed the point. GT, WT and AT are all weak classes. Whatever damage WT does over AT is still puny damage in the end =/
But they're strong enough to solo anything and everything in the game. Nice, so other jobs can solo faster? Wee~. Alright, moving on.

So I'll take the one that helps others better.
It's so thoughtful of you to want to bring an AT to provide others with their SE4 buffs. Would you like ATs to drop the rares others are looking for, should they get them by random, or would you rather go on "give finder" and save yourself the trouble?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doh42 on 2008-02-21 10:04 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 21, 2008, 01:10 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:00, Elnendil wrote:
I lol'd. Sorry, I did. Melee wins, so Wartecher > Acrotecher > Guntecher. Your level 30 Techs don't mean anything, spoilers.

Someone sounds a bit biased, haha.

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:10, amtalx wrote:

Acrotecher Buffing itself probably doesn't come close to a Wartecher's level 2 buffs on himself and it has a better palette. Whips are only good for Status Effects, sorry. Also Techs are crap except for a Gi- tech on a super rare occasion.

amtalx
Feb 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:18, Elnendil wrote:

Acrotecher Buffing itself probably doesn't come close to a Wartecher's level 2 buffs on himself and it has a better palette. Whips are only good for Status Effects, sorry. Also Techs are crap except for a Gi- tech on a super rare occasion.

Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I present to you Exhibit A.

Hrith
Feb 21, 2008, 01:28 PM
I lol'd. Sorry, I did. Melee wins, so Wartecher > Acrotecher > Guntecher.Melee wins what?

Lv40 bullets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lv30 skills.

I wish nubs who know nothing about the game apart from their three skills would stop posting retarded bullshit.

On 2008-02-21 10:01, Doh42 wrote:
But they're strong enough to solo anything and everything in the game. Nice, so other jobs can solo faster? Wee~. Alright, moving on.

[...]

It's so thoughtful of you to want to bring an AT to provide others with their SE4 buffs. Would you like ATs to drop the rares others are looking for, should they get them by random, or would you rather go on "give finder" and save yourself the trouble?You know, when you have no argument, just save you the trouble of looking like an idiot and don't post.

Ken_Silver
Feb 21, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:20, amtalx wrote:

Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I present to you Exhibit A.

When you put that up, I can't resist:

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/051/a/3/Phoenix_Wright___Real_Court_by_SupersonicDBZ.jpg

OBJECTION!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Now seriously, the following is the answer to all of this:

On 2008-02-21 09:25, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
hey wanna know something weird

of the hybrid techers...

AT is best at casting techs
WT is best at Melee
GT is best with guns.

It's amazing really

THE JACKEL

You can't argue with that logic. It solves all problems. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
Logic? On my internets? BLASPHEMY!

In other news, WT doing puny damage only works when comparing to FF. Otherwise, WT damage isn't that bad.

panzer_unit
Feb 21, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:28, Hrith wrote:

I lol'd. Sorry, I did. Melee wins, so Wartecher > Acrotecher > Guntecher.Melee wins what?

I wish nubs who know nothing about the game would stop posting retarded bullshit. save you the trouble of looking like an idiot and don't post.

Mewnie
Feb 21, 2008, 01:42 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:37, panzer_unit wrote:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/uhrrr.gif

I wish nubs who know nothing about the game would stop posting retarded bullshit. save you the trouble of looking like an idiot and don't post.

But it's soooo cute http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

Ken_Silver
Feb 21, 2008, 01:44 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:32, Sol_B4dguy wrote:

In other news, WT doing puny damage only works when comparing to FF. Otherwise, WT damage isn't that bad.

Very true, WT can't hold a candle to FF, but if we did, then the whole hybrid theory goes out the window. I don't mind, at least I can melee. I don't know how well Acrotechers melee... I made an alt as a sub for my main WT, hope there is not too much of a difference.

Or else, I'm in for a rude awakening. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:44, Ken_Silver wrote:

Very true, WT can't hold a candle to FF, but if we did, then the whole hybrid theory goes out the window. I don't mind, at least I can melee. I don't know how well Acrotechers melee... I made an alt as a sub for my main WT, hope there is not too much of a difference.

Or else, I'm in for a rude awakening. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

acrotechers get the advantage of faster attack speed. It works out pretty nicely.

THE JACKEL

Oniko
Feb 21, 2008, 01:52 PM

First part I'll agree with.

Whips are good for monsters with 5 or more targets, since WT has no other weapon that comes close to hitting that many except sword with Tornado Break, which only hits three times vs. seven. It's also good for status effects and general crowd control, assuming you'd rather keep your allies alive than kill the monsters faster, which is a very situational thing.(Oh, let's not forget solo.) A must use weapon? No, but it has many places where it performs well, not just status effects. I will say it is definitely over used by many people though.

Gi techs were, sadly, basically overshadowed by whip in every way. You can spam the first combo of whip repeatedly for the same effect and more accurate status effects unless you're fighting robots...but I've always found ra more useful on bots. Supposedly megid works wonders as well, but I've yet to acquire it. Also, resta, reverser, the four buffs, and giresta are all lovely Techs. Plenty of attack techs can replace handguns as well using madoogs, though there are times shadoogs/cards work out better, and I've yet to find a problem with the dam series, especially now that they all act like dambarta.

Techs have become a play style and looks element of WT rather than a "must have and use often." They aren't FT's, but it doesn't hurt to be a little versatile in a class that focuses around versatility.

At the end of the day, everything kills everything. Obsessing over the fact that your melee outperforms everything else in omgznumbarz isn't going to mean much in a class that is not near the top of omgznumbarz like the friendly Fortes(where it already means next to nothing). Why not just go Fortefighter and quit having techs all together if you hate em so much, you'll do much better damage.

Also, add one more to the mob of people who don't understand this comparison. They are completely different classes, and while I haven't tried AT, GT and WT play completely different, like Monopoly and Devil May Cry different, what exactly is the comparison here?

Mystil
Feb 21, 2008, 01:55 PM
BEHOLD THE ERA OF GUNTECHERS TRYING TO BE WANNABE FORTETECHERS BY NEGLECTING THEIR BULLETS AND SPAMMING TECHS >_>.

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 02:26 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-02-21 10:44, Ken_Silver wrote:

acrotechers get the advantage of faster attack speed. It works out pretty nicely.

THE JACKEL

You mean Acrofighter, Acrotechers don't get that. They get faster CASTING speed, not Attack speed. Also I don't really care about WT holding a candle to FF, if it did that would be stupid since FF is supposed to be the master of Melee. WTs were supposed to be better defensively but since DFP/MST is a huge pile of poop that point is moot.

Whips are good for monsters with 5 or more targets, since WT has no other weapon that comes close to hitting that many except sword with Tornado Break, which only hits three times vs. seven. It's also good for status effects and general crowd control, assuming you'd rather keep your allies alive than kill the monsters faster, which is a very situational thing.(Oh, let's not forget solo.) A must use weapon? No, but it has many places where it performs well, not just status effects. I will say it is definitely over used by many people though.

Whips blowaway at the end, Gi- spells don't. A Har / Quick will barely lower the damage dealt and will make the Gi- spells cast really fast so they're close by themselves, but when the Whip uses blowaway, the Gi spell would catch up. Melee-wise, Majarra can catch up.

EDIT: Oh and Wartechers get whips, they just aren't S ranks, but at this point in the game S ranks just look nicer and are a waste of time to hunt for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elnendil on 2008-02-21 11:30 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
On 2008-02-21 07:38, Hrith wrote:

LOL

I wish nubs who know nothing about the game apart from their three skills would stop posting retarded bullshit.

Double LOL

I'm going to prove that everything you just said was wrong by saying that I'm right, and you're not, cause you are the dumbest person, and that's proof. So you're wrong and should go back to kindergarten. Noob.

Slightly more on topic, I don't see the balance between the three classes in question changing much. Most guntechers probably won't be using attack techs unless they come across something bullet-resistant, in which case they finally may have a viable option other than running away.

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 02:39 PM
Actually, I whip out the traps, in that case. We run, but traps give us our (in), so to speak. If they aren't shielded with nigh-impossible resistance to SEs (even level 4s), then we switch to the age-ol DoT SEs.

In the other case, once they're taking trap damage, the Bow is often used to tack on additional damage. It's not the fastest, and yes, it keeps up running around if pursued; but it is an option.

Of course, this is mainly for solo. So yes, traps can often be gone very quickly through the mission. Even if you have 3+ stacks of G traps on you.

In parties, or with NPCs, we often relegate the stinkers to other classes that handle it better. Switch to handling either companion mobs that we do decently again, or relagate to a successful tag and support techs. (Stuff like healing, and/or reapplication of buffs and Giresta).

Of course, if there's only 1 or 2 mobs that are bullet resistant, the threat level of dealing with a whole group of them is gone. Things are much easier to deal with and thus those guys can be handled with Bow shots and such just to get the constant defense penetration on. You aren't needing to waste a precious trap which is reserved to keep damage going for a group you otherwise wouldn't get. And if there's traps in reserve (a version of the level without a lot of trap-necessitating encounters), one can fire off one there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-21 11:53 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2008, 02:46 PM
On 2008-02-21 11:26, Elnendil wrote:

On 2008-02-21 10:50, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

You mean Acrofighter, Acrotechers don't get that. They get faster CASTING speed, not Attack speed.

No, they get both. Melee attack and casting speed. Go ahead and test it yourself

THE JACKEL

Elnendil
Feb 21, 2008, 03:03 PM
Can't but will later though i'm not sure about that.

panzer_unit
Feb 21, 2008, 03:11 PM
On 2008-02-21 11:39, Akaimizu wrote:
If they aren't shielded with nigh-impossible resistance to SEs (even level 4s), then we switch to the age-ol DoT SEs.

In the other case, once they're taking trap damage, the Bow is often used to tack on additional damage. It's not the fastest, and yes, it keeps up running around if pursued; but it is an option.

I'd have thought Diga or Foie would deal with 'em better than bow at half. Even at level 20.

Kismet
Feb 21, 2008, 03:15 PM
WTF?! HELL NO! GUNTECHERS ARE ALL KINDS OF ASS

CelestialBlade
Feb 21, 2008, 03:22 PM
It's sad that I read this thread and I think I'm in FKL or something. You can't make direct comparisons between these classes because they're so different. MAYBE Wartecher and Acrotecher, but throwing Guntecher in there is kinda retarded.

If you want to use guns, good support, and decent attack Technics, go Guntecher.
If you want to use (seemingly gimped) melee but with a huge weapon variety, plus low-end Technics, go Wartecher.
If you want to use a limited but good selection of melee weapons, plus decent attack Technics and the best support, go Acrotecher.

panzer_unit
Feb 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
On 2008-02-21 12:22, Typheros wrote:
It's sad that I read this thread and I think I'm in FKL or something.

Dude that's half the threads on General.

RegulusHikari
Feb 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
On 2VIIF-02-21 06:17, AxelgearVII wrote:
<--- ::has been flaunting his VIIF-peen since day VIIF knowing that they would one day VIIF greatness::

I believe this is the angle you were looking for with that post.

MSAksion
Feb 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
YUP YUP.

I've been a GT ever since it was un-cool to be a GT. People scoffed saying that level 10 TECH RESTA and BUFFS DEBUFFS were useless and you know... they saved a lot of scape dolls with my 500+ HP resta. Now with lvl 30 support the GT is even better than a Wartecher in healing support. MOBILE RESTA FTW

but level 30 ATTACK TECHS WOW. Thats just... wow... thats Overkill that is Unbalanced that is UNNECESSARY. I dont even ATTACK TECH with my GT - my guns do all the status effect and killing i need...

And yet this wont change the basic pattern is still there and thats good;

- Guntechers can easily stop shooting to heal frontline troops.
- Wartecher can focus on fighting.
- AcroTechers are out there...whipping things XD
- and ForteTechers are still the KING (and QUEEN ^_-) of Teching with Rods - rods being slower and healing is more difficult.

Akaimizu
Feb 21, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-02-21 12:11, panzer_unit wrote:

I'd have thought Diga or Foie would deal with 'em better than bow at half. Even at level 20.

It's wierd. I have them like that as well. It's a strange distinction on when I tend to use them. It really depends on the speed I can land bow shots and/or how fast the enemy moves. Bows shoot faster and I can make adjustments to hit moving targets better with them. I also seem to be able to move and disengage a little better, if I need to move quickly. (Maybe, maybe not. It just feels that way.)

However, if they lumber around real slow, and I know I can easily rock em (Yeah bad joke), then the rocks do come out.

Ryna
Feb 21, 2008, 05:22 PM
This thread is being closed due to its stupidity.