PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: So what do you think about Forest of ILLuison

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 22, 2008, 02:21 AM
So far ive only seen it 2 times...
They claimed last week that it wasnt suppose to be out until Feb 22

I wander if this is how the GBR was the first time...it was there but it wasnt working right.....

Do you think that this was a "Beta" for the FOI
i kinda think so.... Bcuz when i looked in the counters after missions... I either saw no one doing it, or just one party. I saw two parties doing once...

Do you think they will show it more after this update is done??? What do you think???

Hopefully they make it more challenging....
Doing FOI S was like doing and B maybe A class run. For me...(lvl 86) i do rising strike and they die right then >.<

Snitch
Feb 22, 2008, 02:23 AM
Done it once.. Never found it again.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

GuardianElite
Feb 22, 2008, 02:24 AM
Its not a beta it bonus xp

Midicronica
Feb 22, 2008, 02:26 AM
Never seen it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 22, 2008, 02:26 AM
when they said random...they meant it but they kinda took it too far tho..... it was kinda 1 to 1,000 chance to see it..........

In my opinion i think the higher the Group boost rate was, it would mean you have a better chance of seeing it....if not that...some kind of factor that changes how your chances of seeing it was....

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 22, 2008, 02:27 AM
On 2008-02-21 23:24, GuardianElite wrote:
Its not a beta it bonus xp

What i meant by "Beta" was not the actuall mission. I meant like how people would like it. As trial if you will... I guess to give us a taste of the mission (if you saw it) Hopefully they make the chance of people seeing more often

Raine_Loire
Feb 22, 2008, 02:30 AM
I think this is just the appearance rate FoI will have, nothing special. I mean, if they wanted to try it out to see if ppl liked it, they would have raised the chance of getting it so everyone would... As a casual player, I have not seen it, and I don't think I'm alone in that...

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 22, 2008, 02:36 AM
On 2008-02-21 23:30, Raine_Loire wrote:
I think this is just the appearance rate FoI will have, nothing special. I mean, if they wanted to try it out to see if ppl liked it, they would have raised the chance of getting it so everyone would... As a casual player, I have not seen it, and I don't think I'm alone in that...

Yea that does make sense now that i think about it ^_^

but said n done i still hope that they atleast increase the chance of seeing it...

My friend said he did 100 missions from the GBR
(not sure which one exactly) and he said he hasnt seen it at all

It's kinda funny but messed up too.

Hope no one had to go through that

blackeye08
Feb 22, 2008, 02:53 AM
The only thing that I didn't like was that both locks required four people. I mainly play with my girlfriend so when we found it we missed out on the possible rare enemies and the alleged huge cutter. We shot the boxes and there was a high level weapon but couldn't reach it. That sucked but There is no way I'd just invite random people to join us because whenever I do ALL the rare items go to them..

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 22, 2008, 02:57 AM
On 2008-02-21 23:53, blackeye08 wrote:
The only thing that I didn't like was that both locks required four people. I mainly play with my girlfriend so when we found it we missed out on the possible rare enemies and the alleged huge cutter. We shot the boxes and there was a high level weapon but couldn't reach it. That sucked but There is no way I'd just invite random people to join us because whenever I do ALL the rare items go to them..

lol yea when i first found it there was only three of us... one thing you could of done (b4 u started the mission) was found 2 people u cool wit.

I didnt trip when i found somethin but didnt get it...
just a game xD

landman
Feb 22, 2008, 03:34 AM
On 2008-02-21 23:53, blackeye08 wrote:

The chance of not getting a rare drop is better than NOT getting a rare drop because it is across a laser fence, apparently http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I have like 70 points in the GBR, don't know how many S2 missions is that, and I have played FOI 3 times. The thing is that I am playing GBR, and FOI is an extra I check after every mission, if I was desperately looking for FOI I would just play any c rank Moatoob mission and then check every counter in the planet.

How many rare spawns do you get if you are not looking for them? I think FOI appearance rate is ok, if you really want it just hunt it.

mvffin
Feb 22, 2008, 03:46 AM
i've run it over 10 times, about 6 were my personal flags. more people hunting = faster finds. finally something that encourages team play, instead of rewarding soloists.

Akaimizu
Feb 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
It's pretty cool. I think the frequency of it showing up is kind of fair, even though it can be fustrating to find it, at times. But considering that I've seen it a couple times now, and with limited days a week to play even; I think it's definitely a lot better than waiting for your first De Ragan tail drop, or seeing normal rappies before the AOI expansion.

However, the reward for finding it is what makes the relatively low frequency totally worth it. The EXP bonus alone is insane and one of the reasons why even my final levels flew up to just kissing the 120 limitation now. One Quickly killed 25% HP Bill De Vear awarding 7k+ EXP on the killing blow? Crazy. About 5 seconds of work for 7K.

It really supports multiple players though, the more you have, the more you get. The only not-so-team thing it has is the exp stuff. They drop so fast, that in general it's best if the party sticks together in order to share the tags. Of course, if everybody is at level limit, there is no worry about that.

Kind of cool, because you can stick with just weaker (cheaper) weapons to drop everything (especially the ones simply used for tagging). Not a factor for too many people, but it's just a refreshing little break to be able to take your quick and weaker weapons (not your damage weapons) to quickly rip through the level. Mainly because a monster dies pretty much right after everybody just does their thing to tag them.

Drops are everywhere, and I've seen more crazy drops there in 2 runs of the mission than I've seen since launch. Of course, some of them are not so (expensive) due to the frequency of them dropping there, and maybe not so much power, but I don't care much for that. You get pretty exotics that you get to play with.

Of course, the music is part of what rocks about it. Definitely crazy to hear the old PSO music once again, in the new game. The main musical difference (with this from the original PSO) is that the music is stuck on the fast combat mode indefinitely instead of changing the music back and forth between calm and battle music depending on whether you're fighting monsters or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-22 07:09 ]</font>

Pharaoh007
Feb 22, 2008, 10:12 AM
I've seen it five times... me and my friend just did C on system of defense and found it many times...

DEM_CIG
Feb 22, 2008, 10:14 AM
IDK i haven't been on since the end of are extended winter event. >.>

amtalx
Feb 22, 2008, 10:34 AM
It's getting pretty old. Everything but Bil De Vear Horns fall like rain. I dig the Forest rehash though. I just wish it were a regular mission and enemies had 10x more HP.

mario20061
Feb 22, 2008, 10:41 AM
iv been traying to get foi all week and iv only seen it once i think that they should make a regular one ass well even if they dont doast the exp, then there can be a rare one and a normal one

Xtian913
Feb 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
I've been able to run FOI 3 times so far, and its definitely exciting when someone finally finds it. Got some cool items, but with the same monsters always spawning I kinda have everything I want from it right now. The boosted EXP is AMAZING and I really want to have my lower characters to find it so they can bumrush a few levels. =P

I hope they come up with a similar mission for the other planets so we can get some variety in the crazy drop rate.

Skippy
Feb 22, 2008, 11:07 AM
yea i have done it like 7 times got the rare rappys 2 but i always go with a frined my boost rate is 45%+ but i still have never got it but i have friends that bring me:) but i liked it it was kool it reminded me of pso and mine broke and thats why i even got PSU

Omega_Weltall
Feb 22, 2008, 11:19 AM
i havent seen it not one effing time >_<! like hunting the Psycho Wand on PSOv1 DC

Fresh
Feb 22, 2008, 11:19 AM
I voted i don't like it because i have searched and searched and have yet to find the damn thing i see people running it all the time but it never will come up for me or the party im in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

chaostroop3
Feb 22, 2008, 11:24 AM
i serched over 20 hours together and NOT ONE FOI

Reipard
Feb 22, 2008, 01:45 PM
It's not 100% accurate to PSO, but it's a lot of fun.

I hope they come up with a similar mission for the other planets so we can get some variety in the crazy drop rate.

There's been speculation about a Caves/Mines/Ruins of Illusion in the works ^_^. I hope it rings true, because it'd really be nice to have that sort of bonus potentially waiting for you after every mission.

Akaimizu
Feb 22, 2008, 01:53 PM
All the others wont be quite as cool as Forest, at the moment, because I don't think this game has anything relative to the monsters they have in PSO caves/mine/ruins, 'cept Grass Assassins. The mines robots would be especially different, using the PSU creatures. Ahh yes, the coolio Zombie robots that kept coming back time and time again until you destroyed their controller. The zippy robots that tried to shock you, with their accompanying power generator that floated to the sky. The memories. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The gold Robot, and the ceiling-hanging Blue sword robots. Why oh why is my mind drawing blanks for names as I type this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-22 10:54 ]</font>

Doh42
Feb 22, 2008, 02:06 PM
I dig the Forest rehash though. I just wish it were a regular mission and enemies had 10x more HP.
Won't Maximum Attack G do the trick? All 4 PSO stages one after the other? On PSU:Japan, ST kept the mission at guardian HQ after the event was over, I reckon. (Except the S rank version isn't available, I believe?)

The gold Robot, and the ceiling-hanging Blue sword robots
Sinow Beat and Sinow Gold?

Seconded.

Infiniteque
Feb 22, 2008, 02:12 PM
Sinows are awesome.

Akaimizu
Feb 22, 2008, 02:20 PM
The most lovable Sinow craziness was the first time you ran out of a room of Sinow Beats, all the way into the Hallway. They still manage to jump through doors and what not to get a strong hit on you, but by the time you counter-attack, your attack goes right through them while their *ghost image* is still there (motion-less). Then they disappear.

Yakkety Yak. Don't Tag Back!

But I'm getting off-topic. Still, the Forest of Illusion really has me ready to whip out the old PSO just to play some again. This Mission is missing Barbarous(sp?) Wolves. They tried to substitute them, but they aren't the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Still, the effort was appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-22 11:23 ]</font>

Hyda
Feb 22, 2008, 03:57 PM
I enjoyed it while I was in there but never got it again.

Mortisx3
Feb 22, 2008, 04:27 PM
Sunday I saw 3 times but since then 0, its a great addition but the items are pretty much worthless now, u can buy pretty much everything at decent prices and it shouldnt be so easy, i want it to be like a regular level so i can actually enjoy it when i find it.

Powder Keg
Feb 22, 2008, 04:32 PM
I've ran it four times, three of which my character found...it really isn't that tough to find.

Sekani
Feb 22, 2008, 04:33 PM
The rewards are so ridiculous that if the mission did show up more often it would be hax.

At the same time, it sucks that I've only seen it once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Noblewine
Feb 22, 2008, 10:57 PM
I enjoyed it!! I only got it once but it was the most fun I had while playing online.

SJW89
Feb 23, 2008, 12:50 AM
I fucking hate it, all the stuff you get is garbage compared to 36mill and a palette worth well over that amount.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SJW89 on 2008-02-22 21:50 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 23, 2008, 08:33 AM
I like it a lot, but it's kind of strange seeing PSU enemies in a PSO level. Oddly enough, I got a new HL for PSOX today and nothing can beat the original Forest.

DRO
Feb 23, 2008, 06:27 PM
i have seen it a few times....descent drops...great exp....i love the f1 surroundings