PDA

View Full Version : Why not Paypal?

leighfield
Feb 22, 2008, 06:04 AM
When renewing your subscription, why don't Sonic Team allow people to use Paypal?! It would be a lot easier and anything that makes it easier for the user is good isn't it?

I was just curious as to why they don't use it.

Rider
Feb 22, 2008, 06:15 AM
I don't think anyone can really answer that. It's really just what Sega picked not to have as a payment option.

Speaking of renewing subscriptions and slightly off topic. Mine is still inactive after a few hours of renewing it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I want to play.

landman
Feb 22, 2008, 06:17 AM
If you sell using paypal you have to pay for the service, the customer pays the same, but the seller gets less money.

And you need a credit card to pay with paypal, what's the difference?

leighfield
Feb 22, 2008, 06:18 AM
Just ease of use i guess, once you enter your details once you dont have to do it again..

Ithildin
Feb 22, 2008, 07:03 AM
Wouldn't Sega have to give Paypal a cut of the payment?

landman
Feb 22, 2008, 08:07 AM
I like paypal because I don't have to give my information to dozens of online stores, but I doubt sega is going to do anything wrong with your card number and personal data.

Ithildin
Feb 22, 2008, 08:09 AM
Maybe we should use paypal in game so I don't have to bother with f-ing meseta.

leighfield
Feb 22, 2008, 09:26 AM
I guess its just where they have to give a cut to Paypal then... Darn.

vanhalendlrband
Feb 22, 2008, 02:12 PM
On 2008-02-22 03:17, landman wrote:
If you sell using paypal you have to pay for the service, the customer pays the same, but the seller gets less money.

And you need a credit card to pay with paypal, what's the difference?

Actually thats not true, you can use your savings or chequing bank account with Paypal.

I used a prepaid Money mart MasterCard when i was playing PSO:BB on my computer.

As much as i love the old Phantasy Star, by the time PSU came out i finally realized that none of these new Phantasy Star games have anything to do with the series and i really don't like them using the name Phantasy Star (most of you won't understand this tho i'm sure), so i stopped playing. Its turn based, with the original storyline or nothing for me. If they did something with the original storyline at all in the offline mode please somebody tell me because there are no copies available at EB anymore, they had to many people selling it back that they just sent them off somewhere.

On a sidenote, for people who do online banking, why don't internet companies allow online banking transactions like interac (canada) or debit (i think is the term in the US where you can use your bank card at the till like a credit card), there is absolutely no logical reason for them not to have it besides not wanting to spend the money on it.