PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard error, won't let me play.

nabiki87
Feb 22, 2008, 05:25 PM
"GameGuard initialization error. Please restart and try again, or end any programs that may be causing a conflict."

I've tried with no extra programs running, and it still won't let me play. Any help for fixing this?

DelDevi
Feb 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
This might help you:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=71796

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 22, 2008, 05:30 PM
Two things to try:

Update your DirectX.
Delete the contents of your GameGuard folder, so that it'll re-download itself.

Try updating your DirectX, first. If that doesn't work, then probably your GameGuard has a corrupt file.

Nuclearranger
Feb 22, 2008, 08:20 PM
Its a problem with AVG... it detects it as a virus after the last update I assume it should be fixed soon.

Other than that disable the resident shield while you play I believe that works.

Spellbinder
Feb 22, 2008, 08:30 PM
On 2008-02-22 17:20, NuclearRanger wrote:
Its a problem with AVG... it detects it as a virus after the last update I assume it should be fixed soon.

Other than that disable the resident shield while you play I believe that works.

I went around the world and back earlier today trying to fix this exact problem. This guy's solution worked for me.

Spacepest
Feb 22, 2008, 09:42 PM
On 2008-02-22 17:30, Spellbinder wrote:

On 2008-02-22 17:20, NuclearRanger wrote:

I went around the world and back earlier today trying to fix this exact problem. This guy's solution worked for me.

I had the same problem too, had to disable my AVG resident shield to get online! I hope this get fixed soon, I'm used to have my virusware run in the background while I play.

GunnerGoddess
Feb 22, 2008, 10:00 PM
actually once you get the game loaded you can turn the resident shield back on without affecting the game. just means for the moment you have to turn it off then back on every time you start up the game