PDA

View Full Version : Woof! 1,250 Omega Acids = Pure Pm?!

Clunker
Feb 22, 2008, 06:26 PM
Wow.

Saw the Machine City Collector info on how one can
exchange 5 Omega Acids for a PM food item.

This item adds +40 to the appropriate synth stat.

IF my math is right, one can go from a zero'd Pm,
right up to a full 100% "Pure" Pm...

For a whopping 1,250 Omega Acids?!?!

0.o

Anduril
Feb 22, 2008, 06:28 PM
Yep. And they are easier to find than getting 7*-9* weapons to feed your PM.

Marche
Feb 22, 2008, 07:11 PM
good luck finding that many omegas for cheap

Neith
Feb 22, 2008, 07:41 PM
On 2008-02-22 15:28, Anduril wrote:

Mass 3* weapon feeds are still the way to go, in my opinion. Hell, even 2* if you're a bit broke. +40 is nice, but 5 Omega Acids per item? It's a shame Strike/Armour/Tech aren't as easy as Range to raise. With Range, just spam feed it EX traps, for +20 a feed, and only a 300,000 spending total. With other PM types, you're looking at potential millions of Meseta.

I know some people hold on to everything, but most players won't have stacks of Omega Acid stored. I haven't checked, but even with the rollback, I imagine playershops are charging a fortune for them already. I know that's definately true of Spicia http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif 700k per Spicia? Yeah, right.

If you have a huge stack of Omega Acid (and even then, 1250?), go for it. Otherwise I'd just use these items as a quick boost when you have some Omega Acid spare.

Anduril
Feb 22, 2008, 07:45 PM
I personally only need to get my last PM up 19 levels, and I have a nice stack of Omega Acids to help me get a few of those levels in a snap.

Zalinian
Feb 22, 2008, 10:18 PM
Ranged you get EX traps(costs about 300k), Armor you get the 10* clothes for 2000m each(costs about 910k). Tech and Strike use disks/weps/and some other stuff(can cost around 2.8mil). Its best to use omega acids for a strike or tech PM, and only if you buy acids at 2300m or less is it cost effective.

DonRoyale
Feb 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
I'll explain my technique.

Striking - 2/3* weapons are the easiest to obtain for a strike PM. I overspent a billion times over, but I still have enough to shell out for other PM's.

Range - If you were lucky like I was to be able to shell out the WHOPPING 30K for De Ragan's Breath, then you were lucky. Other than that, EX traps are the way to go, like Uriko said.

Tech - Tech disks. It may be (absurdly >.>) slow, but it's still efficient and not that expensive.

Armor - Vatavara Boots, Guardian's Colony, 2k a pop for +...24, was it? Simple feeding method that's extremely fast. My armor PM rocketed from 16 to 100 in a matter of about four days.

chalka
Feb 23, 2008, 01:08 AM
On 2008-02-22 16:41, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2008-02-22 15:28, Anduril wrote:

Mass 3* weapon feeds are still the way to go, in my opinion. Hell, even 2* if you're a bit broke. +40 is nice, but 5 Omega Acids per item? It's a shame Strike/Armour/Tech aren't as easy as Range to raise. With Range, just spam feed it EX traps, for +20 a feed, and only a 300,000 spending total. With other PM types, you're looking at potential millions of Meseta.

I know some people hold on to everything, but most players won't have stacks of Omega Acid stored. I haven't checked, but even with the rollback, I imagine playershops are charging a fortune for them already. I know that's definately true of Spicia http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif 700k per Spicia? Yeah, right.

If you have a huge stack of Omega Acid (and even then, 1250?), go for it. Otherwise I'd just use these items as a quick boost when you have some Omega Acid spare.

i used EX traps as well fo rmy pure range, but it doesnt cost anywhere near 300k.

just buy the trap boards for 300 each, buy hot and cold berries for 50 each, and then buy ether acids for 200 each.

by the time you buy all the stuff from the synth shop, you only spending about 280 per trap rather than buying them from an NPC for 600. cutting costs by more than half.

and yea, i do agree. i wish striking was as quick and cost effective to level as a range PM.

cloud805
Feb 23, 2008, 06:11 AM
i used EX traps as well fo rmy pure range, but it doesnt cost anywhere near 300k.

just buy the trap boards for 300 each, buy hot and cold berries for 50 each, and then buy ether acids for 200 each.

by the time you buy all the stuff from the synth shop, you only spending about 280 per trap rather than buying them from an NPC for 600. cutting costs by more than half.

and yea, i do agree. i wish striking was as quick and cost effective to level as a range PM.

[/quote]
oh nvm i c now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cloud805 on 2008-02-23 03:12 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 23, 2008, 06:17 AM
On 2008-02-22 22:08, chalka wrote:

That's also extremely long-winded, for a small cut in total costs. I'd rather just shell out the 300k and buy the traps. I just bought 10 of each EX type, sent them to my common box, and did that again, for a total of 60 traps in my common box. Then carry 30 on your person, and you have 90. You could send an additional 10 to your common box I guess.

EX Traps are much faster than having to buy the materials to synth them.

omegapirate2k
Feb 23, 2008, 08:50 AM
If you buy hugely overpriced omega acids rather than the appropriate item from the NPC's you're probably not saving any money.

This is a good reason to keep any omegas I DO find though, since I have no use for them.

Chris28
Feb 23, 2008, 10:03 AM
heres the best way for making an Armor PM.

1. Create a CAST
2. Take off parts in dressing room.
3. Put in your box
4. Repeat and repeat until box is full
5. feed all those free parts to your pm.

works perfect and saves you a ton of meseta.

SStrikerR
Feb 23, 2008, 10:10 AM
On 2008-02-23 07:03, Sinow wrote:

1. Create a CAST
3. Put in your box

Uhh dude, the parts you start out with are what, 3* at max? It takes about 5 minutes to get to the create screen, create the cast, put the stuff in the common box, and log out. Thats BS for not even half a pm level. THat would take a helluva long time. The other methods cost a bit more, but whoever doesnt have enough money nowadays really needs to be kicked.

Chris28
Feb 23, 2008, 10:12 AM
5 minutes? what you play on must load insanely slow. Takes about 1 minute on my ps2 to create the CAST and log in.

BFGfreak
Feb 23, 2008, 10:25 AM
On 2008-02-23 07:03, Sinow wrote:

1. Create a CAST
3. Put in your box

I heard that someone did that, and in the end, their bot was a little.....off.

And really, it's not like meseta doesn't fall off trees. (ok, doesn't fall off a level 1 pannon at 300 a pop) In actuallity, you are only really spending 180k a day for how long, 4 days. It's not that much in the grand sceme of things.

Chris28
Feb 23, 2008, 10:31 AM
lol how was their bot a little off?

necman
Feb 23, 2008, 11:17 AM
On 2008-02-23 07:12, Sinow wrote:
5 minutes? what you play on must load insanely slow. Takes about 1 minute on my ps2 to create the CAST and log in.

I believe it takes 1-2 minutes to create but for $2000 meseta you get more then your whole cast is worth and 2 hours of s2 runs yesterday got me a little more then $500k. Not to mention some items I could use or sell and it is definitly way less tidius as well. Unless your character is low level, it is much faster to buy clothing.

Reipard
Feb 23, 2008, 12:16 PM
Phpht. Tech's easy to raise. Just buy lots and lots of Jellen.

Xtian913
Feb 23, 2008, 01:10 PM
I built my Armor PM the free way, with the whole "Create CAST, strip of armor & parts, put in common box...etc.." and it was tediously slow and annoying. Sure I have a free Armor PM now, but wow was I going crazy during the process. So glad I never have to do that again.

Spacepest
Feb 23, 2008, 02:03 PM
LOL, I did the free armor PM cast disassemble chop shop route for Nougami's PM. Yeah, it took some time, but I also made his PM like within the first week after PSU was released, and back then finding cheap armor parts for an armor PM was really difficult. I probably wouldn't do it now unless I was a complete newbie starting off in PSU and had no cash whatsover. I'd most likely just buy cheap parts from the NPCs.

Is Nougami's PM a little odd? Yeah, I suppose. She's developed a taste for Casts, and drools everytime she sees one join my parties. But synthwise she's perfectly normal.

Chaobo99
Feb 23, 2008, 04:41 PM
That so >.>? I have about 5 stacks..1 on each char + common box then add the fact that my first account(me and my sis decided to not share xbox anymore arounf lv.90 cap) has about 3 stacks..I never took advantage of making scapes cause i never cared on price >.>
Even so this is a good think helps clear storage :]..Pretty sure some of us have a stack or 2 of omega acids