PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online local coop?

Vargavinter
Feb 23, 2008, 09:17 AM
Heyya!

Me and my wife used to play PSO on Xbox for hours and hours on end. And now we are thinking about getting PSU, ive tried the beta (Ages ago i know) and tried the demo a few weeks ago but i found the beta/demo to be confusing mostly because we dont own a HD-tv and the text was really really hard to read.

But we are getting a a fullhd tv any day now and are rethinking about to get PSU. Is it possible to play local multiplayer in PSU like we did in PSO? And are PSU much harder to grasp then PSO? As i mentioned the beta/demo was really confusing since we couldn't read the text and you didnt have any information about most features.

Thanks.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 23, 2008, 09:19 AM
Nope sorry, you can only play together online. PSU isn't a lot harder than PSO to grasp, I don't have an HD and I can read everything fine. They probably fixed the text since it shows up fairly well now. My advice to you though is if you do get it take the online tutorial.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

SATatami
Feb 23, 2008, 09:19 AM
Nope, fraid not. Online only.

Vargavinter
Feb 23, 2008, 09:21 AM
Awww, no local coop? Well then i wont buy it. Its a shame :/

TheFonz
Feb 23, 2008, 09:48 AM
Get her a 360 with PSU, you don't need a HDTV (they've probably cleared up the hard reading text since Beta) and start playing Online together with many other people!

Granted it's gonna cost a lot...

Vargavinter
Feb 23, 2008, 09:51 AM
On 2008-02-23 06:48, TheFonz wrote:
Get her a 360 with PSU, you don't need a HDTV (they've probably cleared up the hard reading text since Beta) and start playing Online together with many other people!

Hah yeah, ive been thinking about that to be honest. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Leahcim
Feb 23, 2008, 10:02 AM
Could just do the PC version if you are only missing a second 360. The PC version is free if you know where to look =D. No Local Coop, but you don't need to spend money other than a subscription.

This is assuming you have 2 PCs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2008-02-23 07:03 ]</font>

Topcover
Feb 23, 2008, 11:31 AM
i would agree assumming you have 2 pc'c that would be the cheapest option

Katrina
Feb 23, 2008, 11:44 AM
If not, a PC/PS2 combo would be another fairly cheap route

pikachief
Feb 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
On 2008-02-23 06:48, TheFonz wrote:

i know thats what im doing when me and my girl moves in together lol

Car, then house, then PSU. lol

Dragwind
Feb 23, 2008, 04:05 PM
Well if the supposed Phantasy Star Portable really does come out with wireless multiplayer, you could possibly like that.

Zorafim
Feb 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
On 2008-02-23 13:05, Dragwind wrote:
Well if the supposed Phantasy Star Portable really does come out with wireless multiplayer, you could possibly like that.

Damn, you beat me to it.

They're making a PSU for the PSP eventually, so you'll be able to play with anyone around you who has a PSP. Of course, the cost of getting multiple PSPs may be more than the cost of getting another version of the game and buying two accounts...

I really wish Sega would have payed more attention to players who share the same household...

DRO
Feb 23, 2008, 06:24 PM
my roomate and i have 2 360'2 and big screen hdtvs....hate me

tailz
Feb 23, 2008, 06:30 PM
lol of course, if you go the expensive route and get another 360 and tv, u gotta either get the same hdtv of take the smaller one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif im in that position myself lol

but hell, anything to keep her in the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif