PDA

View Full Version : guntecher's the best ?

KaigeV
Feb 23, 2008, 10:21 AM
Ok so Iv'e heard that Guntecher's are getting S rank wands level 30 tech's and an increase in Tp.

As I'm a Newman Guntecher this would be great,and would probably give Newmans another class other than fortecher which they could be one of the best types to play that class.

Can anyone tell me if all this is true and if so what are your thought's on it.

SATatami
Feb 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
I kinda doubt the TP boost will be any higher than WT's. Hell, it'll prolly be less.

MrNomad
Feb 23, 2008, 10:39 AM
fT + rod will pretty much still be the strongest in tech damage. GT however will still have great guns which will usual outdo techs against certain mobs.

daniel_drago
Feb 23, 2008, 10:47 AM
What I don't understand is why wartechers have higher tp than guntechers in the first place. Just doesn't make sense to me but ohwell.
I can see this becoming slightly probmatic though 30 bullets and 30 techs? i say wand crossbow would probably make get the best out of this class. Yet you can't really do the same for wartechers.
Saber skills and dagger skills are good but due to the fact that all of these skills cause knockback as there last hit (point me wrong if i am) thus leaving the wartecher having to use very select techs to deal damage with as the enmies are sent in different directions usualy.

in all honesty it depends on play style that makes a race pthe best for a type yes newmans give FT the best tech dmg but you'll have very low HP compared to everyone else.

newmans will make excellent guntechers high acc and tp boosting the guntechers main stats but again you'll lack in other stats that other races can raise to increase survivablitly.

dudeanonymous
Feb 23, 2008, 10:48 AM
I will still preffer AT over GT...but I play both

SATatami
Feb 23, 2008, 10:49 AM
On 2008-02-23 07:47, daniel_drago wrote:
What I don't understand is why wartechers have higher tp than guntechers in the first place. Just doesn't make sense to me but ohwell.
I can see this becoming slightly probmatic though 30 bullets and 30 techs? i say wand crossbow would probably make get the best out of this class. Yet you can't really do the same for wartechers.
Saber skills and dagger skills are good but due to the fact that all of these skills cause knockback as there last hit (point me wrong if i am) thus leaving the wartecher having to use very select techs to deal damage with as the enmies are sent in different directions usualy.

in all honesty it depends on play style that makes a race pthe best for a type yes newmans give FT the best tech dmg but you'll have very low HP compared to everyone else.

newmans will make excellent guntechers high acc and tp boosting the guntechers main stats but again you'll lack in other stats that other races can raise to increase survivablitly.

Because GTs can do ranged damage well already without needing tp.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 23, 2008, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't say that GT is the BEST but they're gonna be pretty awesome. Level 40 bullets, Level 30 techs and a nice selection of weapons makes them a great choice especially since they get Cards, Crossbows and Bows. I just wish they had S-rank Cards too XD

Love,
Fox Makenshi

KaigeV
Feb 23, 2008, 10:55 AM
On 2008-02-23 07:52, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
I wouldn't say that GT is the BEST but they're gonna be pretty awesome. Level 40 bullets, Level 30 techs and a nice selection of weapons makes them a great choice especially since they get Cards, Crossbows and Bows. I just wish they had S-rank Cards too XD

Love,
Fox Makenshi

No if you gave them S-rank cards too no one would play anything else lol.

SATatami
Feb 23, 2008, 10:57 AM
On 2008-02-23 07:55, KaigeV wrote:

Love,
Fox Makenshi

I fail to see why that is. Do elaborate.

Fox_Makenshi
Feb 23, 2008, 11:09 AM

Love,
Fox Makenshi

EXACTLY! I'd be willing to give up S-rank single Handguns or Rifles in general (since we have Bows) for S-rank cards.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Miyoko
Feb 23, 2008, 11:16 AM
On 2008-02-23 08:09, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
EXACTLY! I'd be willing to give up S-rank single Handguns or Rifles in general (since we have Bows) for S-rank cards.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

... Is there such thing as a ranger type who WOULDN'T be willing to give up S-rank handguns for something else? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KaigeV
Feb 23, 2008, 11:21 AM
On 2008-02-23 08:09, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Ha ! Yes they could then change our type from guntecher to Forguntecher lol.

Dhylec
Feb 23, 2008, 12:51 PM
Once GT's upgrades kicked in, it's one formidable class. A true powerful hybrid for ranged & techs.

DEM_CIG
Feb 23, 2008, 12:59 PM
GT does not really need s rank wands, the should be using s rank cards before that... if any thing... even thought i like go gt... it does not make alot of sense to me that there getting s-rank wands...

Shiryuu
Feb 23, 2008, 02:05 PM
The real question now is, why doesn't PT get wands?

daniel_drago
Feb 23, 2008, 02:08 PM
On 2008-02-23 11:05, Shiryuu wrote:
The real question now is, why doesn't PT get wands?

...i think rods in all honesty as they have everything else two handed bar the necessary saber handgun

would be cool ....bit broken though lol but fun all round and prolly take all PA's down to the 20-30? or myabe 25 that woyld be good lol

MSAksion
Feb 23, 2008, 02:12 PM
I LOVE GUNTECHER even back when it only had lvl TEN tech - the fact is that a WT is up busy with Melee that when the ForteTECHER is in trouble the GUNTECHER is ready to cover fire with Crossbows and REVERSER.

Thats all i thought GT was originally was REVERSER and i never bothered with ATTACK TECH and Buffs DEBUFFS were just for me at status one.

The level 30 support boost in AOTI is a blessing. With Fortetecher ability to heal from the rear lines the Wartecher and Acrotecher can focus on fighting while the Fortetecher back with the Ranger can continue their own Artillery Strike.

But GT with Fortetecher TECH is ridiculous i'm sorry. Level 20 tech and i only use BARTA since my FT has no room for it. My Guns do all the damage i need and lvl 21+ Status 3 techs are redundant with all my Crossbow skills and Laser cannon and Bow.

Guntecher FORCE THREE - WANDS and lvl 30 TECH.
Protranser FORCE FIVE - Only the BOW. hehe.

Yeah seems real fair. I think PT was originally supposed to get Wands but somehow was removed by the game's release. PT with WANDS OMG that would RULE but only if they get lvl 20 or 30 TECH

Weeaboolits
Feb 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'd rather see PT get cards than wands.

JarinKail
Feb 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
I love playing as a Guntecher, and really, S rank wands don't do much for me. A nicely ground Majimra or Serdote serves my Resta purposes quite well and a couple of Pegitas round out my palette. The Uransara does LOOK cool though and they're under 1 million on 360 now... hmm...

I'd really prefer S rank rifles so my Blackbull wouldn't sit in my PM rotting, but that is asking FAR too much.

Weeaboolits
Feb 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, it makes sense to give them S-rank wands, when I play mine, unless I'm using my rifle, my wand is always in my right hand.

daniel_drago
Feb 23, 2008, 02:20 PM
On 2008-02-23 11:13, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I'd rather see PT get cards than wands.

you sir are weird, it would break the trent in PT completely as the only single hand weapons thay have are saber and handgun which EVERYONE MUST have.

i say that PT should get rods as PT' tp is rather low from what I'm aware of i believe they should also get PA's lvl 25 as tbh 21 is just too important to miss out on. thus would just be the ultimate class for humans in everyway shape and form http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif EPIC....sadly this will never happen and im going to go back to eating my angel delight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JarinKail
Feb 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
On 2008-02-23 11:19, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Well, it makes sense to give them S-rank wands, when I play mine, unless I'm using my rifle, my wand is always in my right hand.

Oh yeah, it makes sense. It just doesn't... do it for me, I guess. The difference between 9* and 10* wands just isn't enough to get me excited. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 23, 2008, 02:29 PM
Well, just because you can use S-rank wands doesn't mean you have to, but I'm sure you'll find a wand you'll want to use one day, then you'll be glad you can.

Also, if PT did get access to techs, I'd rather them be limited to maybe just wands and level 20 techs, it's a pretty powerful class as is, don't want to make it too broken. I'd prefer them to continue not having them at all, and maybe get a techer oriented melee or ranged weapon aside from bows, or maybe at least a dagger.

This is of course if they were to gain anything at all, I'm pretty well pleased with what they already have, it's just odd that they need 5 levels of force for a single weapon, though to be fair, it's a really nice weapon to have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-02-23 11:43 ]</font>

Kittycat
Feb 23, 2008, 02:44 PM
changes mean this to me: more resta power, and maybe use nukes instead of fortegunner's majarra when fighting things strong against bullets.

XIIBlades
Feb 23, 2008, 02:47 PM
wait, GT is getting an upgrade? o.o this is news to me. where has this been stated exactly?

Weeaboolits
Feb 23, 2008, 02:48 PM
How good is PT MST? Maybe that's where those FO levels went, I don't look at the stats enough to know how good it is really.

At any rate this topic is supposed to be about guntechers, not protransers, I think we've sidetracked it a bit. >.>;

daniel_drago
Feb 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
we havnt side tracked enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

neway yeh erm GT tht class....that ilaughed at so hard it first came out due to its stupidly distributed PA lvls....now the class actually looks intresting especially sein as im wanting to use crossbows...only weapon i havnt used i believe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
and Arank versions suck

pikachief
Feb 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
not only do they get their tech stuff upgraded, rifles and lasers are also getting a boost http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragwind
Feb 23, 2008, 04:00 PM
I honestly think GT will get a larger TP boost to the point that it will be higher than WT's. WT shouldn't have the higher TP since its usually meant for the frontlines with the high defensive features and all.

Weeaboolits
Feb 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
Don't fighters have higher TP and MST than gunners though? I can't remember for sure.

daniel_drago
Feb 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-02-23 13:10, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Don't fighters have higher TP and MST than gunners though? I can't remember for sure.

Thats the thing though I'm pretty sure they don't and if they do then we're living in a very mesed up world

Weeaboolits
Feb 23, 2008, 04:24 PM
They get range, evasion and accuracy out of the deal though, and all most fighters or gunners would use TP for is R-mags, which gunners have no real use for.

Shiryuu
Feb 23, 2008, 05:08 PM
High TP fighters: Fighgunner, Wartecher, Acrofighter
High TP gunners: Guntecher, Acrotecher, Fortegunner

Only Fortefighter and Protranser have crappy TP.

Kylie
Feb 23, 2008, 05:21 PM
It's the worst class right now, in my opinion, so I think the changes are needed. I think it'll still be last in TECH damage of the TECH classes, but that'll be okay since it's already got a nice selection of range power.

Lamak
Feb 23, 2008, 05:29 PM
The real question is, who comes up with these "rebalances"?

RemiusTA
Feb 23, 2008, 05:36 PM
No class will ever outdamage fortetechers in damage, regardless of speed or otherwise.

The level of their technics, the TP curve they obtain and the 20% technic increase on rods will always outdo you.

As for guntecher, Yes we're going to be seeing alot more of them now.

Shiryuu
Feb 23, 2008, 06:39 PM
Don't really see people flocking to GT because of this. They don't have whips. :/

Iduno
Feb 23, 2008, 07:27 PM
On 2008-02-23 13:00, Dragwind wrote:
I honestly think GT will get a larger TP boost to the point that it will be higher than WT's. WT shouldn't have the higher TP since its usually meant for the frontlines with the high defensive features and all.

no GTs are made for support and tp doesn't matter that much in that area (in fact I dont think GTs should get lvl 30 attacking techs you dont see WTs getting 30 support now do you?)

physic
Feb 23, 2008, 07:37 PM
yeah WT was the attackmelee/magic hybrid but now, gt will basically be most likely very close, or surpass them

XIIBlades
Feb 23, 2008, 08:16 PM
so, when are these changes supposed to take place? or have they already? thanks.

Keiko_Seisha
Feb 23, 2008, 09:25 PM
On 2008-02-23 14:21, Kylie wrote:
It's the worst class right now, in my opinion, so I think the changes are needed. I think it'll still be last in TECH damage of the TECH classes, but that'll be okay since it's already got a nice selection of range power.

Ahahahahahaha.

Kanju
Feb 23, 2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, we all know Wartecher's the worst class right now.

Sekani
Feb 23, 2008, 09:47 PM
On 2008-02-23 18:39, Kanju wrote:
Yeah, we all know acrotecher is the worst class right now.

Repaired.

Xaeris
Feb 23, 2008, 09:54 PM
ITT: ****storm.

Para
Feb 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
Anyone considering S rank/A rank Shadoog + S rank Wand combo?

chicken105
Feb 24, 2008, 12:14 AM
all i know is, the MAG (max attack G) event should be renamed Guntecher event. A lot of the boss drops are guntecher usable (bullet dance, cubo tuma, rikauteri, tesbra) aside from the gudda hon.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 24, 2008, 12:21 AM
I play GT now and I feel it does need a buff, the s-rank wands wont change much, and the lv 30 attack techs entirely depend on how much the tp is bootsed, because as a human GT (with the human hybrid bonus) it takes 2 resta's to heal myself and 3 to heal a fF... (using about 4 grinded magical wand).

In all honesty, even if the tp boost is a good one I doubt we'll be outdmging anyone. We have a great and very mobile weapon selection (s-rank wands isn't changing that really >.> ) but we lack in damage compared to other classes and as of now only our bullets are really decent dmg. Simply put, I feel this update will allow us to backup bullets with some ok techs (doubt amazing, though newman may do it pretty good). While we have low dfp and evp, we are mobile and avoid dmg well, yet take longer to kill things, this change will allow some diversity in attacks (as opposed to bullets only, and some melee that is dangerous due to df/ev) for more resistant enemies.

I seriously do NOT see hits making guntechers into "gods" in any way, and I certainly do feel GT did need a buff. Giving us decent attack techs isn't goign to turn us into monster-dps-outdamage-everyone-type. hell I bet our bullets will still have more overall dps, which isn't fantastic now.

chicken105
Feb 24, 2008, 12:43 AM
ill still use guns. only tech ill use is nosdiga. strong and does better damage to bigger creatures like polvarho ect.

Magus_84
Feb 24, 2008, 02:59 AM
I'm leveling Megid now, as it seems like it'll make a nice, cost-effective replacement for Killer Shot once we get it at 21.

Then again...everything short of directly eating the Photon Charges is probably more cost-efficient than Killer Shot, so that's not a huge endorsement.

dc534
Feb 24, 2008, 04:27 AM
Good question 5 force levels, no floaty mag, no increase in tp, no cards, no nothing, they did not even give us an increase in stats at all, I mean my dfp as protranser is almost the same as fT, that is just not right I mean it should be at least the same as gt.

I personally would not want a wand as a protranser but a left handed techmag, so I dont just have a pistol in my off hand instead I can use that little tech mag to heal myself and use my saber, maybe even cast a foie ball or something. I am not going to complain to much though because as soon as they do that their will probably be a lot more protransers out their. Of course the s-rank mag or wand will have to b s-rank to go along with all of our other s-rank weps.

Syl
Feb 24, 2008, 04:48 AM
On 2008-02-24 01:27, dc534 wrote:
Good question 5 force levels, no floaty mag, no increase in tp, no cards, no nothing, they did not even give us an increase in stats at all, I mean my dfp as protranser is almost the same as fT, that is just not right I mean it should be at least the same as gt.

I personally would not want a wand as a protranser but a left handed techmag, so I dont just have a pistol in my off hand instead I can use that little tech mag to heal myself and use my saber, maybe even cast a foie ball or something. I am not going to complain to much though because as soon as they do that their will probably be a lot more protransers out their. Of course the s-rank mag or wand will have to b s-rank to go along with all of our other s-rank weps.

PT getting anything techer related would just make it horrendously broken. PT is great the way it is now, especially with the use of EX traps.

I mean, getting access to boss killing PA's (Jabroga AND Boma Duranga) and getting some nice swift weapons just makes PT extremely versatile, just requires the right player behind it.